[M]What is it That You Fear?

Kit [M] for very mild gorey details

POSTED: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:59 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

(392) Woop woop :D Hunting tiiiime~

The rain had pattered itself down to a slight mist which hung in the air, and the ground in places was covered in a layer of wet, icy slush which clung to the snow white Mabas' paws as she strode through it. Today would be no time to go hunting in the marshes. She'd be running at whatever prey she decided to pursue through chest high ice cold water. It'd leave her virtually useless against the moose and elk that resided there during the winter.

Nyx decided to go north instead, it would be the best plan of action, considering the current weather conditions. The snowy female dropped down into her lithe Secui form. Her thin fur thickened a bit and her small frame appeared to be a more normal size for a wolf in this form, so she'd grown a bit of a liking to it, although she wasn't big and bulky like most in her Secui. In optime form, Nyx stood a measly five feet tall, and so it stood to reason that her other forms would be small as well.

Passing her castle home on the way north, Nyx saw someone standing there who she didn't believe she had ever seen before. A reddish brown coy-wolf. Her ears rose and her tail stiffened as she trod over towards the stranger, sniffing at him and glancing at his palms to determine whether he was a member or an outsider. "I-I don't recall ever s-seeing you around. My n-n-name is Nyx, yours?" The snowy warrior offered, her stutter making her sound nervous, though the slender female was the picture of confidence, having learned not to let the speech impediment get in the way.

Waiting for the coy-wolf mans reply to her question, Nyx shifted up into her Optime form, only coming up to about his shoulder, despite the mans smallish stature. She could plainly see that this was in fact a member of Anathema now, and she wondered why she'd never seen him before. She knew nearly every luperci here by name, so it was strange. Brushing the though aside, Nyx smiled and offered the man her paw as a friendly greeting, smiling up at him. "A-anyways, I was just about to go h-hunting, would you like t-t-to join me?" She asked hopefully, after all, two hunters is better than one.

This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Last edited by Nyx Greyfire on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nyx

The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Mate to Lukos Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

OOC: 1st edit to get rid of a bad bold tag. ;(

IC:

Winter was on the way out, or that was what Kit imagined when rain had started to fall in place of snow. Turning the snow that had already accumulated soft, and slushy in many places around the castle, where Kit had spent the vast majority of his time since arriving in Anathema. The male didn't really have any plans as he stood near the outer most entrance to the compound, on two paws, rather than the four he usually remained in.

Unoccupied as he was, Kit was still aware of his surroundings, and wasn't too slow at noticing the smallish Secui approaching him. Initially believing they might just be going toward the castle, Kit simply observed what he assumed to be a fellow pack mate. When their approach took them to the coywolf, instead of the entrance, Kit found himself a little stunned at the forward greeting, but didn't pull away from her efforts to inspect him. Her stutter though put him a little bit at ease, Kit mistaking it for a sign of nervousness, despite the way she had carried herself suggesting otherwise.

While the Secui started to change into the same form as him, Kit would find his words, responding in an initially unsure voice, still struggling with the concept that he wasn't a bottom of the pecking order anymore "Good to meet you Nyx, I'm pretty new to the pack, and my name is a little long... but most people just call me Kit.". While the smaller canine would finish shifting, Kit's green eyes would look her over, staying a bit long on the female's scars, but decided asking about them was probably not a good first meeting question.

The offered paw, and smiling face drew Kit's attention away from examining Nyx, his own nervous smile paired with an attempt to shake Nyx's paw his initial response. Being offered to hunt with her was an opportunity that Kit was eager to accept, it meant being useful, but that eagerness was tempered with his knowledge of how inexperienced he was, despite his age. "I'd love to!... but it's probably only fair to warn you that I'm not very good at it... " Kit's voice carrying a hint of uncharacteristic excitement, which slowly faded into a more embarrassed tone as he tried explaining that he wouldn't be very useful at it.
Image]
Amazing Avi by Owl, equally amazing signature by Nina! :D

POSTED: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:14 pm

(320) Made it! :D

Nyx was very conscious of the male's eyes glancing over her as she approached an greeted him. She had been inspecting him, so there was no reason to feel self conscious about him doing the same to her, though she might have imagined it, but she felt his eyes linger on her many deep scars. Well then again, they were a sight for sore eyes, weren't they? It wasn't like it was an unusual occurrence for people to wonder. She shrugged it off and maintained her sweet smile as she looked up at the male.

"K-Kit it is th-then!" She said in her soft, broken, bell-like voice, shaking his hand firmly and wagging her tail, excited that she wouldn't be going it alone this time. When he said yes, her face lit up and she nearly hugged the stranger before remembering her manners. "O-oh, um... th-th-that's great! I-I'll teach you to hunt better, it'll be g-g-great." She said, trying to convince him, though he most likely didn't need any convincing.

Shifting back down into Secui form, Nyx turned to Kit and tugged on his paw with her muzzle, her tail wagging furiously as she trotted off northward, past the castle in the direction of the Oak Woods. It was a territory of hills and forests, full of fresh prey just emerging from hibernation, buzzing with activity. Excitedly, Nyx barked for Kit to follow faster, her tail wagging as she made her way along in a high stepping trot, picking up speed as the plains turned to hills covered in undergrowth, followed by a scattered forest.

The girl skidded to a halt, turning to face Kit as he came up behind her. "S-s-so, what e-exactly do you know?" The girl asked sheepishly, suddenly feeling her earlier confidence wavering. It was always hard for her when she was put to the test, though she had more than enough experience under her belt.

Nyx

The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:47 am

What Kit had originally assumed to be nervousness in the female's voice, continued on despite her words, and wagging tail suggesting she wasn't nervous. Nyx's broken words were not all that hard for the coywolf to follow however, her seemingly excited nature causing Kit to grin a little bit at her as she immediately offered to teach him to hunt. It was something he definitely needed, and he wasn't so proud that he couldn't be taught by someone smaller, and he assumed younger than himself.

It had been Kit's assumption that they would hunt on two legs, so he looked confused when Nyx shifted back down into her Secui form. Her tugging at his paw causing him to guess Nyx wanted, the male quickly followed suite, and he soon found himself on all fours in his own Secui form. It was his least familiar of forms, but Kit didn't have any trouble following after the wagging tail in front of him. Chasing after the smaller canine, Kit did his best to keep up with the female, and would end up following closer than he probably should have been.

When Nyx suddenly skidded to a halt in front of him to turn and face him, Kit's eyes widened, and he struggled to avoid running into the female, just barely stopping himself short of where she had been at the beginning of his braking. The question she asked registered, but took a moment for him to respond, Kit starting with an apology for his less than noble stop "Sorry... I've only ever caught small prey on my own. Stole what I needed before I earned these scars, someone's always fed me, mostly, after that.". Kit's voice became a little bit evasive once he had started, his desire to excuse himself for virtually no hunting skills fulfilled, but still reluctant to share too much about his most recent history.
Image]

POSTED: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:19 am

(000) There is a sad sorry amount of words in this post but I didn't wanna get too far ahead ;; I'm sorry I'll do better next time!

As Nyx listened to the red coy-wolf's words, she seemed to come to realize that the past wasn't a thing many cared to talk about. She heard the Secui man mention his scars, and it seemed to click in her mind what he was insinuating. He had been put in captivity for thievery. The young warrior looked a bit ashamed of herself for her forward curiosity, and she simply said "O-oh... Sorry." Nyx's story wasn't a whole lot better than Kit's, but she knew how hard it could be to come to terms with the past.

"Well come on then." The girl said now with a smile, crouching low against the ground with her rump playfully wagging in the air. "B-Best way to learn is to start! F-f-follow me." The childish female trotted off excitedly, though she soon slowed up and sniffed the air. It seemed like a herd of white tailed deer had passed through here not too long ago, there were some faint tracks as well as broken twigs and scraped tree bark, but instead of declaring her findings, she turned to Kit and tilted her head with a curious smile. "What do you think a-about this area here?" She asked softly, wanting to see how in tune with his senses he was.

Last edited by Nyx Greyfire on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyx

The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:04 pm

OOC: It's alright~ :D

IC:

Kit had expected the youthful female's inquiry to continue after he had given an evasive question, but was relieved upon her broken apology. The ashamed look wasn't what he had hoped for however, the coywolf meekly offering a not quite confident reply "It's fine... the past is just the past.". Things could have easily become awkward at that point, but for Nyx's unexpected playfulness, which coaxed a slight grin from the scarred male.

The male had already guessed Nyx might be young, and the playful bow mixed with wagging rear only reinforced that belief. Forcing himself to move his gaze down, instead of at the moving part of her, Kit would reply "Lead the way, but try to give a bit of warning about slowing down... wouldn't want to run into you.", his low voice taking on a joking tone as he mentioned running into her. Once the journey continued, the rust colored hybrid was ready to follow after, mimicking her actions as best he could, even the sniffing of the air.

Beyond the faint scent of dear, Kit was blind to what Nyx had wanted him to detect. Broken twigs, scraped tree bark, it all looked like any other part of the forest to Kit. Only thanks to Nyx's odd smile did the coywolf move his eyes off of her, to scan the immediate area for some sign of what she might be smiling about. Focusing on the faint tracks, Kit wasn't actually sure if they were infact tracks, but decided that with the scent, it might be enough to make a not at all confident sounding guess "Uhh... These, these might be deer tracks? I think it smells like deer have been through here at some point?". His guess given, Kit would turn his gaze back toward the other canine, watching her purple eyes for signs of whether he was right or wrong, and didn't really think about the fact that he was kind of staring.
Image]

POSTED: Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:51 am

(473) Yeee >w< I hope this one is better~

Nyx didn't think much of anything about the coy-wolf's joking statement. Her ears twitched slightly and she gave a sweet smile. "I-I'll do my best." She chimed before trotting off, Nyx having never really been one to understand much in the way of humor or sarcasm. When the pair stopped again, Nyx watched Kit carefully, trying to analyze his facial expressions to figure out the male's thought process. He seemed to be imitating her to some degree, sniffing the air and looking around. He didn't exactly seem to know what it was that he was looking for however.

As Kit offered up his hesitant answer, Nyx tilted her head to one side a bit and looked at him intently, that is, until he began to stare back at her, then she glanced away self consciously, biting her lip and shaking her head a bit. She always had her head in the clouds, didn't she? She looked back at Kit then with a meek smile, nodding her head slightly as she spoke, seemingly stammering a bit more than usual as she said. "Th-th-that's right, those a-are deer tracks." Ducking her head shyly, Nyx padded over to a nearby tree and gestured at the long vertical scrapes in the bark. "The um... Th-the deer e-eat twigs and bark... a-a-and the males scrape the bark off with th-their antlers."

The young female was attempting to be informative and helpful in her statements. She craned her neck to look back in the direction that Kit stood behind her, wondering if he would figure out what to look for in just this short amount of time. The girl smiled and shook her head after a moment. She picked up her pace and began to trot along the deer trail once again, seemingly going steadily uphill in her quest to find their prey. It wasn't long at all after that that Nyx came to a sudden stop at the edge of a clearing and peered in through the trees, ears and tail held level with the rest of her body as she crept forward.

Here there was still white snow on most of the ground, but the deer had walked across most of it. The herd was there, nibbling away at twigs along the far side of the clearing, and suddenly the wolf-dog's excitement returned to her all at once and she bounced, her tail wagging slowly as she turned back to Kit, grinning. "J-Just look at 'em!" The girl whispered in hushed excitement, turning back towards Kit and butting her head against his shoulder playfully, giving it a nuzzle before going back to the clearing and dropping into a smooth hunting crouch. To Nyx, hunting was unbearably exciting, and she could barely contain herself, not really caring if she was acting too forward or childish at the moment.

Nyx

The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:52 am

Even though Nyx had been nice to him so far, the would be student remained apprehensive about his guess being wrong. After all, he was learning how to hunt, from someone younger than he was. Which was a strong force behind the male's focused attention on Nyx, hoping to gather up as much knowledge as he could, even if he knew it would take more than the one trip and a few lessons to be more competent at feeding himself. For all his paying attention however, the rust colored male wasn't sure what to make of Nyx biting her lip, and looking away from him.

Before he could decide on whether to ask or not, he was told that the guess had been right, which caused Kit to feel relief at not making a fool of himself. Kit's tail slowly began drifting behind him, without any input from the male, something he'd not felt the urge to do in a long time, and eagerly soaked up the explanation for what he had missed. With the lesson concluded, Kit followed after the younger canine, doing his best to spot the same signs that he assumed Nyx followed, but only occasionally catching sight of what he had been instructed to look for.

The abrupt stop of Nyx in front of him would have probably caused Kit to have problems stopping in time, if he had not been watching for it, and following a little further behind than the first time he had nearly run into her. Opening his mouth to make a playful comment about the sudden stop, Kit would fall short as he noticed her stiff tail, and the creeping stance that Nyx had taken up. Dropping down into his own mimicked stance, the coywolf would follow after the smaller wolf-dog, especially careful as he tried to move his larger bulk through the trees. Stepping deftly amongst branches and twigs that had been cast down by the earlier storm, the coywolf felt much more at home hiding his presence, than finding the deer's.

Excitement coursed through the sneaking male when the clearing became visible, their prey busy eating in plain sight. Heart beating a little faster in anticipation for the chase that he assumed would come soon after, but first came the unexpected attention from the equally excited wolf-dog with him. Eyes would widen a little bit as Nyx's head pressed into his shoulder, nuzzling into him, and then retreating to drop into a different sort of crouch. Shaking his head a little to chase away the thoughts that would only interfere with their hunt, and likely make things very awkward, very fast, Kit would focus on the task at hand, rather than Nyx.

Dropping down into a crudely mimicked crouch, Kit simply waited, hoping that she would take the lead, and that they would be successful.
Image]

POSTED: Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:24 am

(371) This is entertaining, Nyx is completely oblivious xD Food time~! :3

As per usual, Nyx was completely oblivious to the fact that her actions had any ill affects whatsoever. She simply displayed affectionate behavior when she was happy or excited. At the moment she was both, but the male's attentive gaze on her made her self conscious, and suddenly she wanted to look anywhere but at him. She was unsure of how to react in these types of situations; no one she'd ever taught had ever been so focused on her as well as the lesson. It really was a strange feeling, but Nyx managed to ignore it nervously, that is until they found the deer, and she forgot about it completely in her excitement.

Grinning, the white furred Secui female crept forward ever slowly. She stayed in the snow mostly, where her fur would blend in as she crept up on the deer. Before they were within hearing range however, Nyx turned back to whisper to the red-brown coy-wolf, "Stay closer to th-the trees, you'll blend in better... A-and let me pick one out before w-we start to chase." With all her attentive lesson-giving, the young female seemed to have forgotten to mention that they were coming in downwind so that the deer could not smell them at a distance like this, perhaps it would have to wait for another time then.

Drawing as close as she could to the deer without raising an alarm, Nyx crouched low, and suddenly burst out of the snow and into the herd of white tails, weaving between them to pick out an injured buck that she had noticed from farther back, getting him to run in the opposite direction as the rest of the herd, that is, straight towards Kit. "Hey, g-get moving, try to c-catch him!" The girl called out, her slender, graceful proportioned form streaking out behind the grand old buck, nipping at his heels as they ran in Kit's direction. It was time to chase this buck down, and if the cards were in their favor today, they'd kill him. One of them would have to bite the bucks throat to kill it, and she hoped the red male's instincts would take over, but if not she'd be happy to demonstrate.

Nyx

The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:20 am

OOC: Sorry, bit rambly. *was getting tiiiiired* xD

IC:

As the lesson continued on to tips about how he could best blend in, Kit did his best to focus on the lessons, versus the younger teacher. That focus came easier to the coywolf as Nyx's out of place affection became more distant, and especially once they had started moving into position for what he assumed was the final stage of their hunt. Muscles tensed in Kit's body as he watched Nyx approach closer and closer toward their quarry, the sudden burst of speed from both snow colored female, and injured buck happening fast.

Hesitating only for a moment, Kit reacted to Nyx's words by pouring on every ounce of speed he possessed to intercept the already injured deer. His own presence revealed to the buck, Kit watched as the deer would try to make a sharp turn, intertia slowing down their effort to pick up speed again. With the pincer complete, Kit rapidly closed the distance, lunging at the turning buck with extended claws, and bared teeth. Unprepared for the impact of hitting the deer, Kit only managed to sink his front claws into his prey, too dazed to effectively place his teeth.

The smell of blood, he hoped only the buck's, filled Kit's mind, while the inexperienced hunter did his best to stay latched on, slowing the deer's efforts to flee even more. Panicked cries of a deer in distress rang in Kit's ears, unable to speak with the excitement of the moment sending his heart into a flurry of beats.
Image]

Dead Topics