[M]Meeting the Sister.

[p] Lithia

POSTED: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 am

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC: Set the late morning of the 13th, around Barrington. I left it vague whether they were already in Barrington or "on the way". Feel free to decide which, and we can just time skip ahead if you want to have them do stuff while travelling. :D Also wasn't really sure if you wanted introductions already out of the way or nooot, but PM me if you want intros to already be done~

EDIT: Marked thread just in case, due to Lithia's digging into Kit's not so nice past.

IC:

The rains had stopped nearly two days ago, and Kit hoped that this time around they were gone for good, but as he had learned about a week ago, it could also be a false calm. Despite that possibility, the coywolf had started the day with plans to try for Halifax a second time, only to be intercepted on the way out of the castle by a female that he had not yet gotten an opportunity to aquaint himself with. She had been at the meeting, but beyond that he wasn't too confident that he knew who they were.

It didn't take long for Kit to realize that his trip would have to be delayed, as the packmate asked if he could accompany them to Barrington, a journey that wouldn't take but a day at most, and only if she needed to stay there for an extensive amount of time. As eager as Kit was to reach Halifax, the male still felt deeply indebted to Anathema, which meant agreeing to help Lithia, rather than going on his own selfish adventure. With a shy smile, he had agreed to the female's request, his destination changed to the much nearer human ruins.

Despite having gone past Barrington before with Tzila, Kit let the female lead the way, partly because he wasn't quite comfortable enough to 'lead' just yet, but also under the assumption that she had a particular place in mind. "I don't think I've caught your name yet, mine's Kit." the coywolf would speak, tone not quite as submissive as when he'd first joined Anathema, but still softer and less bold than years before. Kit still had quite a ways to go, but he was making progress toward shaking off the baggage he'd picked up.
Last edited by Inocencio Kit Victor on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image]
Amazing Avi by Owl, equally amazing signature by Nina! :D

POSTED: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:27 pm

Rank Challenge: Obtain tools like charcoal pencils, parchment, lanterns, etc. and make a basic map of a place in Anathema

[300+] Sorry for the delay! :) Your opening was fine!

On her way out to Barrington, she had caught up with one of Anathema’s recent newcomers, even newer than Havoc, Inocencio – but apparently he went by the name of Kit. Despite having Totem by her side, she convinced the male to come with her “for conversation”. Really, she was curious about him. Her sister seemed to take a liking to him rather quickly, as she noticed them together a few times. She wondered what was so great about this coyote, and she wanted to know for herself.

Convincing him to come with her was a breeze, and even though the trip to the city was mostly silent, she at least knew he was there to accompany her for the trip. Lithia hadn’t expected to find any trouble in the city, let alone any trouble that she couldn’t handle on her own, but Totem was a bore because he couldn’t talk, and maybe she’d learn something about Kit. Perhaps something even Tzila didn’t know.

”Lithia,” she said simply when he asked for her name. ”Nice to meet you, Kit.” She wanted him to know that she was on point; she paid attention.

The ground had hardened with frost and concrete a while ago, and now they made their way into the suburbs of Crowells Point. With a leather satchel crossed over her body, Lithia had the intent to find some parchment or paper and some writing utensils in order to get started in her rank choice. She wanted to get to know the lands, but in order to gain more freedom with her rank, she had to make her mother, Mido and Kentaro happy by drawing them good maps and finding things out that they were ignorant of.

They came upon the first house, and Lithia sent Totem to breach the house first. The white wolf silently walked up the crumbling porch steps, tried the doorknob, and finding it was locked, threw a rock through the glass window on the door, and preceded to open the lock from the other side.

”What brought you to Anathema?” she asked Kit while Totem was working on the door.

Totem opened the door and used a bit of newspaper on the ground inside to sweep away the class for Lithia and her friend. When the entrance was clear, he stood beside the door, holding it open for them to enter.

Stock used from Dawnthieves.
Last edited by Lithia Napier on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:25 am

Having given his own name, Kit didn't have to wait long to hear Lithia's, but without the surname didn't connect her with Tzila. When she added that it was nice to meet him, the male would offer a smile in return, a small one, but that was more than he had been apt to do only a few weeks ago. As they made their way into the suburbs, Kit remained fairly quiet about the third canine on the trip with them, noting that they had said nothing the entire trip. Assuming they simply had no desire to speak, Kit gave the other male space, reluctant to strike up two conversations at once.

When the frosted ground gave way to concrete, Kit decided that they were probably close to Barrington, even if he remained in the dark as to how deep into the ruins Lithia wanted to go. That answer came quickly enough when they stopped outside of the first house they stumbled upon, the silent white wolf quickly obeying Lithia's orders. Watching at first Totem's attempts to get inside the house, Kit only drew his attention back toward Lithia when she asked him about how he had come to the pack.

A simple question, but one that really only had one truthful answer, and it was one that Kit was still a little uncomfortable with putting into voice. The russet male suspected it wasn't exactly uncommon knowledge that he had been a slave, and with a nervous grin to try hiding his discomfort, would reply "Eh... Well, Kentaro, Axelle, and Innya found me. More or less." Kit would start, his tone of voice evasive, but would relent after a few moments, by adding "I belonged to someone else until a few weeks ago.". Even when admitting, Kit avoided actually calling himself a former slave.

With his green eyes focused on Lithia's face, Kit would watch to see what sort of reaction he obtained, and simultaneously wished he'd tried to change the subject away, rather than just be honest with his pack mate.
Image]

POSTED: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:16 am

[300+] ooc text here.

Totem was able to quickly open the door, which satisfied Lithia. However, she hung back for an answer from this Kit fellow. After asking what drew him to Anathema, she was provided with the information that Kentaro, his witch and her mother “found” him, but shortly after, he added that he had belonged to someone else. Belonged? Lithia questioned. She had not been aware that this man stooped to a level as low as her own slave, Totem. Knowing this information, she realized that she could overpower his mind at any given time, and even more so, since he was recently “freed” and the “broken slave mindset” was still fresh in him. Even though this information set her back some, she became intent on finding out more about this specimen and finding out just how much she could manipulate him mentally.

After he had given her an answer, she moved towards the house and stepped inside, turning to Totem when she stood beside him. ”Do you know what charcoal sticks and paper look like?” she asked the slave, and with an affirmative nod, she continued, ”Go upstairs and look for charcoal or other writing utensils and large pieces of paper. If you’re able to find small, sturdy pieces, those will be fine too.” When she dismissed him, he headed up the stairs and from above, they could hear the floor squeak as he carefully stepped around up there. She turned around to meet eyes with Kit before dispersing into the house, heading straight for a desk and ransacking it for pen and papers. ”Who owned you? By the looks of it, you don’t seem to be slave material,” she commented, not looking up at him while digging around in a drawer. She produced a fountain pen and tested it out on the wood surface. It didn’t work, and she threw it aside. ”How long were you his slave?” For now, she seemed intent on finding what she came for, but she, on the other paw, had other agendas for later.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay. :C

IC:

While watching Lithia for some sign of disgust, or maybe even sympathy, like he'd received from Tzila, the russet male would feel a little dismissed when his traveling companion turned to give instructions to what he assumed was just another eager to please pack mate. The feeling only fading slowly when she turned her attention toward him for a moment, only to begin her own search for things to write with. Lithia's comment would turn his own green eyed gaze away from the would be looter, Kit unsure whether to be thankful that he didn't look like slave material, or insulted that she sounded like he wasn't even worth taking.

After a few moments of hesitation, brow furrowed in concentration, Kit would respond with a little bit of snark in his tone as he first mentioned his value "I was kept me for three years, so must have been some sort of value in me... But to answer your question, several different Luperci, total of five if you count the one who caught me.". At the end of his words, Kit would look back at the female from his looking around the room, but not quite directly, still a little embarassed that he had taken any offense at all to what should have been a good thing.

In a gambit to turn the attention a little away from himself, and give the coywolf a chance to think, Kit would start walking over toward Lithia while asking "Why so much interest in slaves? Doesn't seem like something most people would like knowing about.". After a few weeks, Kit had already discovered that some in Anathema kept slaves, a discovery that had unnerved the male a little bit, only the added knowledge that he was 'off limits' as a current member of the pack kept Kit from worrying one of his pack mates might try to collar him.

Intending to stop relatively close to Lithia so that he'd have an easier time observing her, the russet male would crouch down next to a cuboard to look through, only finding a few ornamental plates which he had no interest in. Kit's eyes would occasionally wander from his search, and back to the lavender eyed female, both to idly watch, and to see if she was having better luck than he was. Given the male's inability to write more than his name, sloppily at that, he didn't have the slight idea where he would have best lucky looking.
Image]

POSTED: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:20 pm

[300+] ooc text here.

There was rumbling and rustling coming from upstairs from Totem, and Lithia swiftly dug through drawers in the room that she and Kit were in. Finding nothing else of interest in the one drawer, she pushed it closed and started rummaging through the second. Her ears were pointed toward the sound of Kit’s voice, and hearing his snarky reply, she looked at him over her shoulder. ”What were you good at then?” she asked enamourously. Her eyes slid from his face to his body momentarily, then back up to his face. Maybe he was a sex slave, as she had often fantasized Totem to be. It was often a fun thought to exercise. ”I meant that in a good way,” she justified. ”If you looked like slave material, you’d be weak and weak-minded and probably useless in all other aspects. You don’t look that way to me.”

Turning back to her drawer, she produced another two pens that didn’t work on the wooden surface when she tested them, but then she found a pad of paper and scribbled something on a piece of that and produced a faint blue line from the pen. She put the pens and the paper aside to test thoroughly later. ”Anathema permits them here,” she said, not looking up at him this time. ”I’m hungry for knowledge,” she said seriously in an even tone, while briefly looking up at him and meeting his green eyes with her pinks. Before she looked back at her work in the drawer, she pointed upwards, ”Your story could be the same as Totem’s story too.” It wasn’t in her interest to keep Totem’s current status a secret. He was a slave, probably born into it or captured - somehow in it. He had no tongue, and for some reason, he hadn’t been sterilized either. However, he was marred and scarred heavily and everything about him told her that he was slave material - though, he seemed much more useful than a tool to be used.

”Three years is not a very long time. Maybe that’s why you don’t look like slave material. They weren’t able to break you,” she commented, pushing the drawer closed and resorting to sitting on the edge of the desk, with her legs crossed, leaning on one arm and watching Kit as he worked for her.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:41 am

Kit's attention was momentarily drawn away from Lithia, and toward the sounds coming from the second floor, but found his green eyes turned back toward the female when she asked another question of him. Noticing that she was looking him over caused Kit to feel a little nervous, and wondered just what was going through the younger canine's head. The russet male would delay his reply at first, thinking back on the sorts of things he had been good at, Lithia's justifications dulling some of his defensiveness about being 'useless', but not all.

"Well, the ones that caught me didn't really have me do anything useful. The second, he had me preparing leather for him to work. The thir.." Kit would start commenting on the sort of 'useful' things he could remember doing, a lightly defensive tone in his voice until he suddenly stopped on the third, remembering the sorts of things she had tasked him with. Doing his best to ignore the filthy feeling that had washed over him, Kit would try to cover up his lapse of judgment "the third had me helping him on his boat, cooking, things like that. The fourth, he just had me around to trade when he got up here.".

Hoping that Lithia would miss the fact that he'd only talked about four of his masters, Kit's attention turned back to the ornamental plates, but wasn't really trying to look for anything, so much as hide that he was flustered by the direction their conversation had taken. The apparent revelation that Totem was a slave registered, but didn't immediately sink in for Kit, his thoughts elsewhere. A closing drawer the sound that brought Kit's green eyes back to the female who was watching him again, her comment about not having been broken less than true.

"Ya... it's a good thing they weren't able to..." Kit would offer, a forced half grin on his face, to try and hide the lie he had just tried to make. In truth, the male had been tamed fairly quickly, and up until a few short weeks ago, been more than willing to do what he was told to do, the male still lacking resistance to someone telling him to do something he might not want to do.
Image]

POSTED: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:19 am

[300+] Ta-da!! :D By the way, awesome Nina arts!

Because Lithia hadn’t been able to find anything in her chosen desk, she listened more closely to what Kit had been saying and to the noises that Totem made upstairs as he apparently ransacked the place. He had mentioned five owners in total, and as he spoke of the tasks they made him do, she was confused as to why he would only name four of them. She wondered if she heard him in error or if he was the one in error. Maybe he just miscounted them. ”What did the fifth one task you with? You said you had five owners, right?” she pried, her pink eyes resting on his face, searching for anxiety, tension or lies. It was then that she transitioned from the desk-side to sitting on its corner. Now she was truly able to see him better and read his features should something change.

She didn’t miss a dime, and Kit would do well to remember that for the future.

Lithia picked up on the forced smile, and wondered why it was forced. Had he been broken? He didn’t seem to be… He seemed timid, sure, but not broken. He didn’t stand at Kentaro’s side waiting for orders. He was here, on his own, helping her and speaking to her freely. Up until this point, she had not suspected him to lie about that – and even now, she still questioned whether he was lying about that. She couldn’t understand why he would force emotions upon his face that he didn’t truly feel. ”Do you still do what you’re told?” she asked, an amused smirk playing at the corners of her lips. She was joking, of course, but her type of joke held a provocative edge. Even though she was unaware of what Kit had been hiding from her, or even if he truly was, Lithia took after her mother in this sense. She always had to add an amorous twist to her subjects, especially if she was in the company of another male.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm

OOC: I knoooow. :D

IC:

Kit had hoped the pink eyed female would overlook the fact that he didn't make up a lie to cover the 3rd master that had been conspicuously absent from his list, the one that he least liked talking about if he could avoid it. Physically, his time with her should have been enjoyable, under different circumstances a lusty conquest to add on a list, but he had been her slave, and she never let him forget that. If Lithia had been some loner, a lie would have come easily enough, but the conflict of saving himself, and not lying to a pack mate made it obvious that he was thinking rather deeply.

A glance upward let Kit know the other canine was observing him, and let the russet male know that he would need to answer soon. Grasping for time, Kit's voice almost mumbled "T... there were five. The third made me do things I don't like talking about, she gave me the piercings.", the coywolf was even less eager to make eye contact with Lithia while rambling off what he hoped would satisfy the female's curiosity. Nervous movements of the male's head continued while he struggled to not rudely look away entirely, until he came to an abrupt halt at Lithia's provocative joke. A shiver ran down the male at the way her question had been worded, the male's ears pinning against his head at what sort of meaning could lay behind the words.

"I..." Kit started, unsure if it would be a lie or truth to say that he didn't always. He'd not argued long about Lithia's request that he come with her to help find things, and if he was being honest would have likely done anything Kentaro requested of him. "Why would you ask that?" Kit instead answered, his voice fumbling while he avoided actually answering Lithia's question about doing what he was told. Unsure of how to continue, Kit waited almost passively for some response from the other canine, giving a keen observer a hint of what the answer might actually be. Despite any progress he'd made, less than a month had passed since he would have done almost anything he was told, and might revert back at the right push.
Image]

POSTED: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 pm

[300+] Let me know if my reply is too... hands-on? I will change anything!

Lithia enjoyed watching Kit because his inner struggle was often plain on his face. The questions she asked troubled him and she liked the way he stammered over his words. She wasn't sure what his master made him do, but she assumed it was something questionable. Lithia couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was. Maybe his slaver was a cannibal and made him kill his own kind… because what else wouldn’t a man like to talk about?

Pink eyes remained on his russet face. The edges of Lithia’s lips tugged into a smirk, ”And what nice piercings they are… but by the way you say it, do they have a specific meaning for their placement?” Kit was digging himself deeper into this hole. He kept volunteering information in a way that suggested he was holding back. It made Lithia want to dive deeper, sink her teeth in a little deeper to taste the blood that was underneath the surface.

Oh, if only little Kit knew that lies weren’t a crime in Anathema. He could lie to her all he wanted, if that was truly his intention. And she would be able to do nothing but believe him after all. But the way he had put all his inner feelings on the table like this… she knew what she was asking was making him uncomfortable and he wasn’t lying about it.

”Oh, its a good quality to have in Anathema, obviously,” Lithia lied, attempting to make it seem like she only asked out of curiosity. The Napier daughter unfolded her legs and pushed off of the desk to walk slowly around Kit and trail a single, silver-dappled finger over Kit’s shoulder blades. His silence told her much; he was waiting for confirmation from her. Before he could react much to her touch, she leaned down and whispered in his ear, I don’t.

Then Lithia swiftly switched sides and planted herself in Kit’s lap instead. It did not matter whether he objected or not, she still attempted to trail a finger over his chest. She watched the trail her finger made, over the short fur on his chest. The way the fur changed color from dark brown to lighter brown was as if her finger had left one forest for another. Lithia’s eyes shifted from the finger and up to his face where she eyeballed him with a serious gaze. ”I think you know why I asked.” The tone her voice took on was provocative, just as she had intended. His response would tell her the answer to her question.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics