Wounds and Silver

Morty <3

POSTED: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:40 am

Ooc Sorry didn't get it up this morning I had surprise other things to do. x.x Backdated to later the 18th after the battle.

Oh Fenris she hurt. The blood that had dripped from various wounds on her body were now dried and stiff in her fur. She needed a bath. But first all the injuries needed to be tended to so she could in turn tend to others. Some of them, like the gash in her right hip, she'd slapped something on it to stop the bleeding. Mud or dirt, mostly, to congeal the crimson tears. So many were hurt. This was going to take a toll on the store of herbs that Morty had in the Medico office. Even though she knew her help could only be given as long as she was able, the cream wolfess had already treated Jonas and his brother, and Clara too.

Now Veri limped toward the Medico office, sure that it was one of the places she could be sure to find her green eyed friend. The multiple scratches up and down her arms, from claw and blade alike, stung like bees into her flesh. They too were dotted with a little mud for what little protection it could give from things worse than itself. Her stomach ached from the shoulder it had taken, and for a moment her hand dropped down to touch herself there. She hoped no damage had been done. With renewed worry, the cream wolfess made her way up the stairs of the Courthouse, her hand still hovering over her abdomen.

She was definitely pregnant. She didn't know how she knew, she just did. There was some common sense to it, however. Where her hand settled there was the slightest bump that had not been there a week before. Veri was no muscle builder but normally her body was well toned and fit, this bump she knew was not from laziness on her part. She felt bruised nearly all over. Veri's voice lifted as she drew closer to her goal. "Morty? You over here?
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Wed May 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry it took me so so long! ;_; 300+

The medic had been running herself ragged, going to and fro and fixing up those that she could and easing the pain of those that she couldn't. It was an excitement she wasn't used to as the blood flowed freely. Her own wounds had been treated so mildly that she knew they would scar and pain her but she was far more focused on the health and well being of her pack members over herself. She would survive, but she didn't know about the others. They had to be strong and she would be strong for them. For some, this was their first major battle and one they would not rapidly forget.

She heard the call of Veri. She was surprised to hear the voice, Veri knew the basics of the healing art but Morty was glad that she had come. Morty was a far more experienced than she and though exhaustion wore her down she was more than able to treat her injuries and assess if there was ore that she could do to speed her recovery. "I'm here!" She called back, tying the end of a bandage she had fixed onto Jonas' arm. He was sleeping soundly, not too hurt and still pretty.

The tawny wolf moved from the back room to where Veri stood. Her quick green eyes looked her over swiftly, assessing her injuries. It was not as bad as some of the others she had seen but there was something different that made Morty's fur prick with worry. Her hands hovered near her belly though no injury wept blood there. "Come now, you've been standing too long. Need a bed and your wounds treated, love," Morty had set up many makeshift beds comfortably cushioned by fur and straw. She gestured for Veri to lay down.

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 28, 2015 1:12 am

Ooc It's alright, you're good. ^^

Delicate ears twitched at the return of the familiar voice that confirmed the presence of its owner. The tawny medic came out to where Veri now stood and Veri saw the experienced green gaze sweep from ears to feet for injury. The cream wolfess knew her wounds were not as bad as some, but now with her hand placed on her belly she was a bit scared that some damage might have been done anyway, in a way that the eye couldn't see.

Her feet carried her toward the bed that Morty motioned her to, but she did not lay, instead her body sat with a wince as every muscle ached up and down her form. "I'll sit for now. I've got a pretty gash on my back, by my shoulder blade." the healer in training turned so the Medico could see the line in her flesh from the middle of her rleft shoulder blade down to the center of her back. "I don't think there's bone showing, it's only a little tender. I tried to slap on some dirt to stop the bleeding, that's all I had at the time. I know cleaning it will be a pain." literally. All the dirt and blood would have to be washed away for it to be treated properly.

Veri leaned back to show the stab wound by her hip. This one made her worry a little bit. Not that it hurt, but it was closer than she would have liked to her belly. "This one doesn't hurt much, stopped bleeding once I paid some attention to it. Lots of cuts and scrapes on my arms, I think they're all fine." how to bring up that she thought she was pregnant, and after being in the fight they'd all participated in...The cream wolfess winced again.

"One of them charged me and shoulder me in the stomach..." Veri trailed off and her hand came down to her stomach in a caress while her mixed blue eyes flitted from place to place. "I wanted to make sure that a, uh, blow like that wouldn't harm, say...a pregnancy." might as well just get it out, that's what she'd come to Morty for is her medical help.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer, Ambassador (CdM) The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:24 pm

300+

Morty looked over her with careful eyes. She was trained to this, well, experienced in the face of war. The wounds and blood were nothing new to her, they were exciting to treat and visible. They were easier to fix than an invisible cough or a pain that wore away at the joints and caused suffering. Blood was real and there, she could touch blood and find its source and treat it. This was easy, this was good.

Before she had even finished talking, Morty was up and preparing poultices to put on the wounds and collecting a strong liquor that could clean wounds better than anything else she had. Her ears pricked at Veri's last statement though. There had been something about the young canine, a different kind of continence that was off even after a battle. "Well," Morty began, uncharacteristically lost for words for a moment. "Since you aren't all that far along, it may be fine. Though, it is hard to tell. We would only know for sure if there were blood." Blood was the great teller after all.

The medic approached the wounded warrior, clear liquor in hand. "This well sting, love," She stated, looking at the wound on Veri's back. It wasn't deep but it was a wound that could easily become infected. She began with water to get much of the dirt out and once it was clean enough, she began to pour spirits on it to properly clean it. Her nose wrinkled against the strong smell but persisted until the wound shone with wetness and raw, healthy flesh showed itself. She took a moment, preparing the herbs that would prevent infection and aide in healing. "How long have you known?" Morty asked then correct herself, "Pups will be a welcome distraction after this madness."

Owl
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:32 am

Ooc here

Mixed blue eyes watched the medic after her abrupt pregnancy announcement. Perhaps her verbal delivery of the news could have been smoother, but the healer in training was nervous. Veri knew nothing of how to be a mother, despite having raised Damon since the black pup was two months of age. She liked to think her method of upbringing would benefit her adopted son in the future but her doubts for this new pup made her knees weak.

The Bracciante lady chewed on her lip and contemplated Morty's words carefully. There had been no blood, no prominent pain from her belly that would cause her to fret that damage had been dealt. Time was still early though. It could still happen. Veri blinked as Morty approached and warned that there would be discomfort. First though her friend used water to work at the dirtied wound before using the harsher method. The cream woman gripped what piece of the bed that she could and grit her teeth together hard just as the burning liquid touched her skin.

Her breath wheezed from her lungs in a pained hiss that she couldn't quite suppress, but she managed to keep her upper body still enough to cause Morty the least amount of trouble that she could. The smell was nearly as bad as the pain itself, but a curled nose kept most of the stench out of her nostrils. A relieved sigh crept from her chest as the Medico deemed the wound was cleaned and stopped the alcohol bath.

Veri let her shoulders relax so the muscles of her back didn't tug on the injury and cause more harm. Morty's question made her head turn toward her tawny friend, warm understanding on her expression. A sheepish smile took over her muzzle. "Ah...that. Yeah. I did a full physical check of myself after the fight when I had a small amount of time to myself. I noticed my belly had a slight bump to it. First glance would miss it, but after I really noticed it...it seemed kind of obvious. So...not very long at all."

The woman laughed a bit nervously and looked down at her stomach again where her hand hadn't moved. "I hope I'm ready for this. I don't want to botch it up." she murmured.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris

Dead Topics