lend me your eyes, i can change what you see

Pascal

POSTED: Fri May 08, 2015 11:00 pm

oh, how i've missed you

Her room smelled like old pine. This was mainly due to the fact that she had crushed several pine needles and collected them in an old jar she had found, successfully filling the small dwelling with the sweet aroma. Tasha had propped the window above her bed open with a tattered book, and the sunlight that streamed in washed out the bright colors of abstract paintings that coated her walls. She hadn't bothered to make her bed, as organization didn't make much sense to her. Every time she lost something, she could turn the experience into an adventure. Having everything placed perfectly ruined the fun, so as a result, her room was rather chaotic. But the messiness was somehow systematic in a way, almost beautiful. Her bed sheets messily twisted, tens of books stacked on her thin bookshelf or laying on her desk. A simple wooden music stand, crammed with several sheets of aging yellow paper that had scribbled music notes on top. A long, thin stone that had once been used as a paint palette, the bright blues and yellows crusted with time. She loved her room.

Tasha had decided to wear her yellow sundress today, because the sky was blue and the light was vibrant. After her morning run to the stables to check on Aliah and to the Fairy Lights to find fresh blossoms to tuck in her braid and place in her jar along with the pine needles, the Chevalier had finally returned to the Hotel and picked up her flute. Sitting on the lonely chair in the middle of the room, the Takekuro pulled her music stand closer and shuffled through a few sheets of music, before settling on an older piece she had all but mastered. She'd been playing her flute less since returning after her absence, but it was calling her back. After such dark experiences outside of the Court, she'd been thirsting for things that could distract her mind. And her flute was one of the few things that could turn the world off. So she began to play, slowly at first. Her fingers stumbled on a few of the first notes, but it didn't take long for her to slip back into the easy tune. The sweet sound mixed with the bird song that streamed in through her window. With her door left wide open, the music echoed down the empty hallway, humming with the joy of coming summer.

For the Lautari profession! | [wc — 400+] template by hilli
Tasha Takekuro

POSTED: Fri May 22, 2015 8:59 am

Your post was so pretty and this is so late and suck ajsdfkl

Pascal heard music.

The eerie, beautiful, hollow notes of the flute echoed down the barren hall -- trilling high, singing low, breathy and ethereal. Sometimes a note would roll out too sharp or too flat, or squeak on its climb above the music staff, but its flaws were natural and it settled into a steady melody that drew the prince's ears.

Pascal had always been enamored with music. He still remembered his mother's lullabies, the only voice that could soothe him after a frightening storm, and the cheery sing-song she whistled with the birds on their jaunts outside. His heart ached, and as if drawn by something else entirely, he stepped down the hall, ears pricked, eyes intent, like a lesser beast tamed by song.

He found the source at last, at the end of the eastern hall, and poked his nose into the doorway. Here he paused, ears pinning down in his curly hair, eyes uncertainly darting to the floor, because while he knew it was a Luperci making the music, he somehow hadn't expected to find one at the source. He grunted and rocked, shoulder bumping the doorway, and was at a loss for words.

After a few moments, he managed: You play wonderfully.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:37 am

oh, how i've missed you

Tasha knew that she was good. But it was not a vain prospect; never did she flaunt this fact or speak it without being prompted sorely. The only reason she came to such a conclusion was because the music that she played tugged on her heartstrings, something that only decently constructed melodies or tunes with fluidity could do. Her playing had her flaws, just like any artist, and she still considered herself only mediocre. Complex strings of notes or fast songs were difficult for her, so usually she settled for the slower, simpler sounds. But often she liked those the best, since they sounded most like something she could hear when she moved through the flowers in the meadow or lounged on the beach with her feet at the edge of the water. She had missed her flute, she realized, very terribly. Tasha had nearly forgotten how wonderful the songs it made sounded, or how it required just enough focus for the world around her sheet music to melt away. This process of the earth being lost to her resulted in her not noticing Pascal's presence until she heard an abrupt knock against the door.

The note she'd just whistled out fell flat, and Tasha pricked her ears, forest eyes settling on the unmistakably Sadira form of Pascal. For a brief moment she though the boy had been Eugene, but the multicolor eyes were the first clue this was in fact his blood but not his body. "Pascal," She greeted, smiling after a moment of silence. It always took her a few minutes to slip back into her normal personality after playing, since such extreme focus took work. "Thank you." Came the grateful words, her smile fading to a friendly expression. "It's still not perfect- but I hope I'll get to play or sing at the next festival the Court has. I'm ever so sad I missed the last ball with the Cavaliers." She didn't expect the boy to respond with much, but she didn't mind. Pascal was quiet and had difficulty with conversation at times, but she greatly enjoyed his company. The Margrave seemed to hold an artistic spirit similar to her own, consisting of a love of reading and now one of music. Standing, Tasha gripped the back of the chair and scooted it so it was facing towards the bed but was still a decent distance away while she settled on her mattress, leaning against the backboard with her flute in her fingers. "Come in," She offered, nodding towards the chair off to the side. She thought that she should get another chair, should she have visitors, so that she wouldn't need to sit on her bed.

um hush your post was perfect | [wc — 400+] template by hilli
Tasha Takekuro

POSTED: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:09 pm

She looked up, and instinctively Pascal avoided meeting her soft green eyes. She was terribly pretty, if humble in a way, and this only intimidated him more. Though he knew the other Courtiers well -- could rattle off their ranks and traits without pause -- he didn't know them in the same way that someone as extroverted as Skoll might. Only memory of organizing the library with her, or chatting happily about books, their fingers dug into soft clay, soothed him somewhat.

He wasn't savvy enough to pay heed to the pause before she greeted him, but he mirrored her smile (his own wide and awkward) and bobbed his head at her remark. His tongue stumbled on what to address first, and he settled with a clumsy: I missed it too. I'm not as sad that -- well, I'm sure you'll play well there next time. He shut his eyes and grunted low in his throat, then opened them to study the chair she'd offered to him. With a mutter of thanks, he settled down in it, mindful of his tail, and smoothed his hand over his face like a tired man. He leaned slightly when he sat, muscles prominent in his broad back, and curled a fist in the fur at his thigh as some anchor to himself and the world around him.

I didn't go because I don't... do well with noise. He swallowed and looked at her flute -- tarnished from its silver from age, the pads on the keys dirty, but still a magnificent thing to a Luperci. If you were a perfect player, you wouldn't have anything to work toward, would you? he asked, half-smiling. It'd get boring playing the same easy songs if you never missed a note or a tone. He inhaled and exhaled, steady. Who taught you to play?

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:02 pm

oh, how i've missed you

The sadness she experienced about the ball was not all due to the fact that she had missed it- the Takekuro knew that there would be more parties to come. Mostly it was directed towards her current location at the time of singing and dancing; most likely tied to the back of a slaver's horse. Since returning home to the Court, her anxiety over the experience and fright at every unusual sound had faded. But it was obvious that she still smiled maybe a bit less than she used to, didn't spend as much time singing or painting. She'd even refused a probably wonderful adventure with her cousin up North because she couldn't possibly travel so far from home, if only in fear of being caught in the wrong place and time once more. A festival would certainly take her mind off of whatever unpleasant thoughts dared to cross her conscious, but Tasha was already aware she wouldn't ever wash he hands of what had happened. The most she could hope was to learn from it and become more aware of the darker corners of what she'd once thought her precious Nova Scotia.

The chevalier laughed one high note before lifting a shoulder. "I heard Valencia was helping King Silvano plan a festival of sorts. She said I could play my flute there, but I don't know if or when it will happen." The female ran her fingers over the thin, delicate frame of her flute, a habit she'd gotten into whenever she was holding the instrument. She told herself countless times she should probably stop, since it could fade the color more, but it was soothing enough that she didn't.

She nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty loud at any kind of gathering." Smiling, she laughed again, still only one note. "Touché!" Came the sound of agreement, thinking that the thought was indeed very true. Every missed note or incorrect chord only added some sort of spice to the song, and she got the idea that maybe she should do it more often, on purpose, to try and come up with new melodies. "Ah. I sort of taught myself." The hybrid admitted, but didn't gloat about. "I like to go scavenging in the old towns or look for the oldest books in the library. I found some on how to read music and I mostly just played with the notes until I figured it out. Took a while." The girl shrugged, rolling the flute in her fingers. "Have you ever tried an instrument? Or singing?" He seemed entranced by music, as she, and wondered if he played himself.

[wc — 400+] template by hilli
Tasha Takekuro

POSTED: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 pm

The prince swiveled his ears toward the high song of her voice, tousling his curly hair, and nodded with fondness at mention of the Catori woman. She told me that she wants to plan events. We talked about a marketplace in the Court, too, maybe like the festival -- somewhere to show our wares and host our skills. His heterochromatic eyes flicked to her flute at that. He'd no doubt that she would have many chances to play in the future.

His eyes darted away just as quickly as she nodded. I know, but... when it gets loud, um, here, at least it's home. I know where to go, where it's quiet, where I can be calm again. The fits and breakdowns that had plagued him as a youth had waned greatly in number now that he was an adult and understood himself better. I know I'm safe here, he said, awkwardly.

Tasha admitted to teaching herself, and reading, and Pascal's tail beat a happy rhythm. I've read some of those books. I brought a couple from Halifax. He wasn't quite aware that he was bringing the conversation back to himself, dodging her story -- but he was impressed nonetheless, and it was obvious enough in his straightened posture and pricked ears.

They wilted again, though, when she mentioned singing and playing. My voice doesn't quite have that musical quality, Pascal said, demonstrating the natural flatness of his tone easily. It didn't carry the natural nuances that others had when they spoke, didn't rise and fall with emotion so much as volume. But playing... I never thought about playing, he admitted.

He glanced at her flute, but didn't dare ask the question.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:40 pm

oh, how i've missed you

"Oh, that would be cool." She mused, thinking about the idea. A gathering place for the members of the Kingdom, some sort of market. Tasha began to daydream. A book shop; where others could buy books and some could sell them. She was running out of things to read from the library. Or she could sell some of her paintings- maybe make art on cloth or wood. And as far as skills went, she wasn't sure how she would showcase her flute or voice. She didn't want to just stand and play music, since that seemed too close to gloating. Maybe she would stick to her pastel paints and yellow tattered novels.

The Chevaliar had drifted a bit too far from the conversation, and was snapped back to it when Pascal spoke again. After he finished his comment about home and its safe places, she paused, leaning farther against the backboard, glancing at the folds of her yellow sundress across her legs. "I think I get that." The words were softer, this time. Cour des Miracles was where she wasn't afraid of being taken, or hurt, or treated like property; all of which she'd experienced out of its borders. She somehow related to what the Sadira boy said deeply. She understood.

"Yeah?" She couldn't say she was surprised. He was just the type to like exploring or finding new things, just like her. When he spoke about his voice, she just gave a sort of disappointed half-smile, but knowing what he said rang true. Pascal's voice was usually flat, but she figured it was because he only didn't know how to express emotion through it. Yet when he arose the words about playing and instrument, Tasha was quiet. He really hadn't? For someone so inclined to use his hands and with a love for melodic noises, she was certain he would have at least played some sort of instrument. His glance at her flute was not unnoticed, but she'd gotten the same idea. Not enough Courtiers made music around here. She extended on soft gray arm, flute offered gently to him to hold. "I'll show you," Tasha said, smiling pleasantly but with genuine gladness. She was certain he would like it.

[wc — 300+] template by hilli
Tasha Takekuro

POSTED: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:51 pm

She said she understood. Pascal took at her word and nothing more, not doubting, not pressing for any more than what she's said, deaf to the quiet conviction to her tone. It was a relief to him still, that he didn't have to explain again, to call attention to his strangeness. He forced himself to flash one of his odd little smiles before they spoke on.

She lifted the flute, an old and tarnished thing but in her pale fingers a silver treasure, a fountain of music. Pascal stared at it for an awkward amount of time before reaching to take it, holding it gingerly in his hands. It had several keys, more than his fingers could cover, and he placed them haphazardly before shooting her a dull look, at a loss of what to do.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:02 am

oh, how i've missed you

Tasha grinned all the while Pascal examined and tried to properly place his fingers on the instrument, oddly happy to see someone else holding the musical thing. Scooting towards the edge of the bed, she folder her legs out to the side of the mattress and nodded at him. "Alright. Like this." She motioned like she was holding an imaginary flute to her lips, arm up and fingers bent loosely in the air. She figured Pascal would mirror her, and when she did, she leaned forward to gently adjust his fingers so that they sat properly on the keys. "It's a little awkward to hold at first. You have to keep your arm up and it can get tired. But once you do it enough it will start getting easier." She didn't know what muscle had her hold up her arm in that position, but whatever it was, hers was certainly very strong with so many hours of practicing.

"Blowing into it is more difficult. You have to work your lungs and you can get lightheaded unless you do it right. I'll show you first." Taking back the flute for a brief moment, she lifted it as she had showed and then blew over the lip plate, creating one single high note without holding any keys. She then returned it to him, offering for the Margrave to give it a try. Meanwhile she propped herself up with a hand on her bed, watching quietly.

[wc — 200+] template by hilli
Tasha Takekuro

Dead Topics