white blank page

POSTED: Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:03 pm

BELIEVE IN GRACE AND CHOICE

A lifetime ago, he had been one of them.

Gaius had put his faith in Lucille and Gus's hands, and they had accepted him. They had not turned him away for his silence or the rage that was a living, terrible creature in his chest. They had accepted his long, haunted stares and his stiff, unfriendly manner. He had proven unworthy though. The sight of wolves taunted him, and a chance encounter in the woods had sent him running. Guilt plagued every step the male had taken since abandoning Krokar, though he could not really name anyone there a friend. They had given him a chance and he had betrayed that leap of faith.

He did not expect forgiveness.

Morose and worrisome, he walked a good distance from the southern border of the seafarer's lands. He toyed with one of the arrows in the quiver at his waist, and walked slowly with the bright sun on his spotted back. He was not a coward, no man lived through what he did by being a coward. The male slowed to a stop as he looked towards the lands he had once been a part of, with sorrow in his heart. He dared not walk closer yet, but he wanted to more than he could say.

for eliza. i am also a big baby and super excited to start with him so i'm gonna get a joining thread up to but i want him to meet eliza!
GAIUS FAUSTUS

POSTED: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:27 am

OOC: Excited that Gaius is back! :D

IC:
Eliza was following the Miramichi River South, sitting astride Flod's broad back with Bernie perched atop her shoulder; the sight of the Captain's sister with her gelding and falcon was sure to be a regular one for her Krokaran packmates by now, but Liz was undertaking this scouting trip without another canine – and for good reason.

The white-flecked dog knew that, soon, the pack would be building boats from scratch and racing them to celebrate the warmest season – it didn't hurt to get a head start, and there was something ritualistic to her about crafting a vessel. Something which said she needed to choose the materials alone, although she wouldn't be above accepting a helping hand in doing the muscle work involved.

Flod's ears flicked back and forth, a signal that something of interest was up ahead, though Eliza couldn't see him yet. She tasted the air, jerking her shoulder upward to unceremoniously dislodge the grey-brown falcon. “Go see,” she ordered. “Please.” Liz's conversation with Galilani, the AniWayan who communicated with a snake, had inspired her to try to form more of a bond with the bird who had served her faithfully, but she found it easy to slip back into her old ways of barking orders to the falcon. At least she had remembered to add a please this time around.

Bernie took off smoothly, and in this instance Eliza wasn't worried that the bird would disappear – they were close to home, and Liz had a pouch full of scraps of meat slung around her waist. That was all she wore. With her fiery hair streaming in the breeze the Cormier dog sat tall on Flod, gripping the horse with her knees so that she could rise to peer up ahead.

The scent she had already tasted was becoming more concentrated: someone wasn't passing through, but wandering South of Krokar's borders. A hopeful joiner, perhaps? Grinning, Liz kept her eyes on the sky for signs of alarm from Bernie as she nudged Flod into a trot, but soon her gaze was taken up with a bright eyed figure, with similar mottling beneath his clothing to the flecks of white which were evident on unclothed Eliza.

Liz had arrived late to Gus' newly founded pack, so she didn't recognise Gaius as a founding member, but she was drawn in by his appearance; his height alone was impressive, and his build was strong. She was still grinning brightly as she eased Flod to a halt a few yards away and waved a hand.

“'Ello! You on the lookout for something?”

[400+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:32 pm

BELIEVE IN GRACE AND CHOICE

The dog rode a horse with confidence. If anything, she looked rather similar to himself. The deep brown fur and spots, and it brought the vaguest hint of a smile to his stern face. He was a man made to be around dogs and coyotes, it was wolves that made him weary. Males, more than women, the Dragon's Tooth had no women on its wretched deck. The slaver ship had been wolf and wolf alone, with the mongrels and coyotes made to serve them.

In his heart, he still hated them.

His eyes, a vivid contrast to his dark face took her in, and he halted, dipping his head respectfully. She had a jolly sort of air about her, but that was not something he could match. His voice, with its light greek accent, slipped forth calmly and quietly. "I was looking for Krokar. I lived there once."

GAIUS FAUSTUS

POSTED: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:33 am

The male dipped his head to her and Eliza responded with a light chuckle and a nod of her own. The diminutive dog wasn't used to the intricacies and rules of hierarchy – she frequently bent or broke them herself, finding it difficult not to when her leaders were also family – but the gesture was appreciated. Liz did her best not to stare at the male's build and pelt, which looked like snow flecks over a base of charcoal, but when she found his unusually coloured eyes she momentarily forgot what she was doing.

Eliza was far from used to being struck dumb. For a few seconds she floundered, her mouth open with no sounds emerging. She seized upon the name of her pack, though, and nodded again, more slowly.

“Well ya found the place, that's a start,” Eliza chirped. The dog cleared her throat, whipping a strand of flaming hair away from her cheek and dragging her gaze away from the larger male's. He had spoken calmly, but there was a hint of something in his tone which made the Cormier woman wonder if he was here for more than just to stroll down memory lane.

“Must've been before my time, huh? Took me a while to bring our stuff up from our old home. But it also means ya must know my brother, Gus!” Liz beamed, gesturing to herself with one hand. “I'm Eliza.”

Eliza had never found it problematic to take on more than her fair share of a conversation, but she made an effort to reel in her babbling for the sake of the dark male, just in case he was nervous about returning to his former pack. At the same time, though, she hoped her easy sharing of information put him at ease. She was unashamedly curious about this creature who must have known Gus, and she selfishly wanted those bright eyes to stick around.

[300+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

Dead Topics