After A Long Rest

POSTED: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:57 pm

(261) Ooc text here.

Lilith came to her doorway, squinting at the sunlight. The blonde female had been housebound for quite long enough in her point of view, though her body was still weak. The luperci sat with a tired sigh on the steps before her door, watching as others walked by. The female had lost touch with what was going on in the pack, she had been inside for so long. Now though, her stump was healed enough to move around. Lilith had no real energy though, she needed to get some strength back into her body. The female scratched at her fur, which without her constant cutting, had grown quite thick and heavy. That could be the first item on her list of things to do...after she figured out what was new in the pack.

Lilith tried to get up, wobbling slightly as a brief dizzy spell came and went. The blond female looked around again, looking for any familiar face out of the others. Would she even find someone to talk to with this bustle? The blonde dog gave a yawn, then started panting as the heat started to get to her. The summer...a annoying season for her in general. Her thick fur heated up to quickly, and got heavy as she sweated. Carefully she started to move, just for the action of doing so. The blonde had enough of being still, the last weeks...no months had been too boring for her taste. So she shuffled through the territory, wondering if anyone would acknowledge her after all this time.

Stock by Gemma Stiles
Last edited by Lilith Fairbreeze on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:37 am

OOC: Hii!

IC:
There was a hum of activity in Fiskebyn which Eliza easily poured herself into as she exited her small cottage and walked down the overgrown track separating the original human-built homes from those which had been erected since the Krokarans had settled there. Their numbers had grown since then – even since Eliza had joined her family late last year – and there were a smattering of faces that she didn't know all too well. Seeing as it was her self-appointed job to know everyone and everything about the pack, that would need to be remedied.

The petite dog passed a few of the more familiar faces, faces she had grown up with: Gavin and Taseko were deep in conversation while elsewhere Liz's elder brother Finlay was carrying a spear towards the lake, intent on fishing rather than honing his fighting skills, from the looks of it. Liz approached him from behind, giving him a quick nudge to the ribs before darting off again, twirling to stick her tongue out at him. Fin muttered something about brats but wore a smile as he went on his way.

Eliza, too, was smiling when she came upon the heavy-coated blonde female who seemed to be observing the goings on rather than partaking. Perhaps she was content to remain on the outskirts of the activity in the village – but that didn't stop Eliza from approaching with a wave. She noted the woman's amputated arm but said nothing of it.

“'Ey there! Don't think we've met – I'm Eliza, Gus' sister.” The rich brown and stark white dog beamed as she spoke of her brother, as she always did. It was due to Gus and Lucille that there was a bustle in the village at all; they were good at greeting visitors and new members alike, something which Eliza had as yet been unsuccessful at. She tended to get too wrapped up in what she wanted to say and failed to ask enough questions of the other party. “You lookin' for some company?”

[300+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:41 pm

(211) :3.

Lilith looked to the smaller dog that had waved at her. "I wouldn't mind some company." her voice came out tired, not at all sounding like her usual cheerful ring. It would have to do for now though, since she was not one to ignore any one who chose to greet her. The leaders sister eh? Lilith was pretty sure she had yet to meet this member, in fact she hadn't known that Gus had a sister at all. Then again she wasn't really one to go out of her way to find out such things.

"So....Eliza, what has got everyone in a bustle? Last I was able to move around, it didn't seem this active by far." the blonde female scratched at her fur again, looking at the other dog patiently. Even though it was true she wanted to move around more, at the same time she felt like she could rest for a bit longer. Healing was a pain, she wondered how long it would be before she felt like her old self again. Her gaze wandered over the bustle again, but soon went back to Eliza. The blonde female didn't want to seem rude to the leaders sister.

Stock by Gemma Stiles
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 pm

The stranger sounded tired, perhaps recently recovered – or still in recovery – from losing part of her arm, but she accepted the Cormier female's offer of company. Eliza had never lost a limb, that much was obvious, but she imagined that it took a great deal more mental recovery than physical. Even she, with her chatterbox nature, would probably feel worn for a while if she lost something like that. Lost, in fact, was how she would feel. While she couldn't empathize with the sandy-pelted woman, she could certainly sympathize – but she wasn't the type to coddle, nor draw attention to a pain which could be fresh.

“Well!” Liz began, drawing the word out slightly longer that in needed to be as she half turned to observe the bustle. “Guess everyone's thinkin' 'n' talkin' about building their boats! For the Summer celebrations.” She sought a glint of recognition in her packmate's eyes. Whether it was there or not, Eliza enjoyed explaining Krokaran customs:

“Ev'ry Summer we have a bit of a shindig. We all build boats from scratch 'n' then we race 'em – or try not to sink 'em as may be the case with some. Not got very far with mine yet.” A frown crossed her features. She really ought to be dedicating more time to her own boat; she hoped for great things from it. Life, however, seemed to get in the way more regularly than she would like. Beaming, she cocked her head to one side, ponytail swinging. “Hey, if you want in on the competition I'd be happy to help ya out. Y'ever built a boat before? When I say “boat”, 'course, it can be anythin' that floats.” Enthusiasm bubbled in Eliza's tone and she grinned broadly. “Don' think I got yer name?”

[300+]

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:26 pm

(227) Ooc text here.

Boats? Lilith's ears perked forward a bit and for the first time since losing her arm she felt excited. The blonde female had only helped on repairs of the ship she used to sail on, nothing more fancy than a nail here and there. "I've made...a raft of sorts before." it hadn't stayed afloat for very long, her brewing gear had been too heavy; so she had ended up getting the horse, Adeline. Briefly she wondered how the horse was, then figured that the mare had been taken care of while Lilith had been house ridden. The female smiled, some of her old spirit starting to come back.

"I think it would be better if I helped someone else, instead of building my own. I'm not very skilled." she rubbed the back of her head with a pleasant grin. The girl before her had frowned briefly after talking of the boats, could it be that the lass in front of her needed help? "I...could help you...if you would like." her rub turned to a scratch, and her grin to a look of uncertainty. The female wasn't sure if the other dog would accept her help or not, but Lilith figured she would help someone since she wasn't sure about building her own in the state she was in.

Stock by Gemma Stiles
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:47 am

The blonde woman's ears pricked at the mention of boats and Eliza exposed the points of her teeth in an encouraging grin. She hoped she hadn't made the Summer celebrations sound too daunting. “It's just a bit of fun really,” she assured her. Her own floppy ears lifted slightly at their bases when the sandy-furred female told her that she'd once made a raft. She gathered from the tone of voice that the voyage on that raft hadn't been wholly successful – but Eliza couldn't claim that all of her own vessel-crafting pursuits had been rousing successes. She had a nasty habit of forming grand ideas and not managing to do them justice. “Deceptively difficult, rafts. Kudos fer makin' one – I'm more a canoe gal. Course, it means ya can't carry much with ya.”

Gavin's laugh carried over the hustle and bustle of the village, and Eliza glanced over to where the carpenter stood. She had been thinking about enlisting his help in making her boat, but hadn't yet got round to it – and she would rather have him free to help those less experienced with sailing.

Liz tilted her head at Lilith's offer, lips pursed as if considering it, before breaking out another grin. “Yeah, if ya like! We could make somethin' awesome 'n' I could give ya some tips for next year.” Eliza wasn't about to turn down a kindly offer of help, and if she could somehow repay the larger dog for some elbow grease then she would. “I'll give ya credit if we get anywhere, obviously!” The Cormier dog beamed; she liked nothing more than making plans, whether they came to fruition or not.

“So ya know my bro, then? Gus? He's a good egg,” she admitted fondly. “Have ya met many of the others?”

[300+]

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Lilith listened to the other female, smiling as she accepted the offer of her help. Credit didn't matter as much to her, but at the same time she was glad the other female had suggested it. The blonde female wondered what kind of craft would result in their joint efforts. A canoe wasn't a bad idea, though she herself had never made one. Thoughts of the boat were broken by Eliza's question on meeting her brother. Lilith nodded. "Yea, he is the one who accepted me in when I arrived." she smiled remembering the interaction, Gus had been very nice towards her.

Lilith thought about how many other pack members she had met. Not a lot, which bothered her a little since she wanted a higher rank. With any luck she could be a defender of this pack...if she could get used to fighting with one arm. "I've met a few here and there." she finally answered. The blonde female tried to think of anything else she could say, but came up with nothing. Lilith didn't really know Eliza enough to know what kind of subjects would be welcome and which wouldn't be.

200 words, sorry muse is low ><
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:10 am

OOC:
No problem! <3

IC:
Lilith didn't seem overly talkative and Eliza put it down to her simply not having much to say – or perhaps some dose of the social anxieties others seemed to suffer from. It made no difference to the ginger and chocolate dog; she always had something to say, some input to give.

Liz nodded enthusiastically but didn't push for the other woman's opinion of her brother and leader. She knew he was a gentle giant and saw no reason for him not to be well regarded by those he had taken under his wing. The pride in her tone when she spoke of him was probably enough for anyone to guess how fond she was of Gus. That fondness extended to all her siblings, even Storm who she hadn't exactly warmed to at first.

For a moment Eliza looked out towards the trees which were hiding the lake, wondering what her adoptive brother was up to. Those wonderings had been all but a plague to her of late. She was coming to realise that Storm was on her mind far too much, so it was good that she was engaging others in conversation.

“We're a bit of a motley crew,” she piped up, a broad grin splashed across her wiry muzzle. “I like ta know everyone so it's a bit strange we haven' met before, but I guess it's never too late. We can get to know each other more while we work on the boat.” There was no uncertainty in the Greenhorn's tone, though the cadence of the words bordered on a questioning edge. She wasn't sure what Lilith would make of her bubbly personality. Some seemed to like it and feel encouraged by it while others were irritated or uncomfortable with her streams of questions and comments.

Not that that ever stopped her.

Eliza had, without realising it, been twisting a curly lock of ginger hair around her index finger. She let it fall back into the disarray of her frizzy mane, focusing milk chocolate eyes on the sandy female's face. “So what else floats yer boat? Gotta have somethin' that really gets ya blood pumpin', right?”

[300+]

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Lilith listened, allowing Eliza to go to a topic of her choice. It didn't seem strange to Lilith that they hadn't met, the pack wasn't exactly a small one. Even if the other female made it her duty to meet everyone, Lilith hadn't exactly stayed within the packs borders very much when she first came. Then she had been injured and house ridden, so she hadn't been around the other members then either. It was luck that the two met today for the first time, nothing more. Lilith nodded at the mention of getting to know one another better while they worked. The blonde female certainly wouldn't turn down making a friend.

Then a question came forth, and Lilith thought about it for a few moments before answering. "I like to travel and trade, I also brew when I have the time." of course she would now have to learn how to make wine with one hand. Her gaze went towards the water, where she could now see glimpses of boats being made. "I like to sail, and enjoy making a map every now and then." her eyes went back to the brown dog in front of her.

204 words
Krokar
DEAD
Ash
Luperci
Bring the Rum!

POSTED: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:50 am

Travel and trade – now those sounded like both familiar and fun pursuits to Eliza. She nodded heartily, offering a crooked grin: “Got a bit of a – whaddya call it? - penchant for travellin' 'n' tradin', myself. I'd like a stall at the Outpost one o' these days. Wouldn' mind visitin' some of the other packs at some stage, neither; mostly done a bit o' explorin' in the neutral lands so far.”

Despite being more familiar with the two activities Lilith had mentioned first, Liz's curiousity was most piqued by the mention of brewing. The Cormier female knew little about the process of making alcohol, though she liked to drink the end result every now and then – not as often as some of her brothers, mostly because she wasn't as good at holding the liquor as they were. Her tongue flicked out to lip her licks, displaying her enthusiasm for the idea. “Brewing!” she began with a new intensity in her words, “Now there's sommat I can get behind! Never much thought 'bout the process behind it – I'd be interested in learnin', though? How's it work?”

Now Eliza was a captive audience, ready to soak up (no pun intended) any knowledge Lilith had to offer her on the art of brewing. To drink was one thing, but to create and have control over the flavours was a different kettle of fish.

Rat
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

Dead Topics