What a lovely singing voice you must have.

POSTED: Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:30 pm

THERE IS NO DANA, ONLY ZUUL
The heavens had been caste in a dim color of dove gray, the air was serene, tranquil without the sound of avian creatures to chirp their morning song. It was now that the dark wolfdog rose from his house, though this time he had not shifted from one form to another. Instead he remained in the natural frame that he had always taken to sleeping in.

The lupus knight moved from his moss covered home with swift movements, increasing his speed until his ebony paws were tainted with dirt and standing on the edges of his pack's territory. A gentle huff came from his lips as he allowed his body to shake the remaining sleep from his four-legged form. As always, his retractable claws were never sheathed as he bowed forward and let out a rather long winded yawn. His form was much like a feline that had awoken from a cat nap, again he shook his thick fur out before scratching lightly due to the dislike of the morning humidity against his skin.

It was then he allowed his mind to be clouded with the thoughts of a feral wolf, his claws digging into the earth before he launched into a quick run. The feeling was wonderful, the wind in his eyes to the smell of the upcoming rain that seemed to be evident due to the darkening clouds rolling in. They would help him with the heat, block out the sun's rays. His pace slowed after an hour of running the boarders, his salmon colored tongue rolling out of the left side of his mouth as he released heat from his body. He would continue to patrol at a much slower pace until his heart rate was under check.

this could coulnt as the prompt "Do a sweep of the borders!"

Lullaby
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:40 pm

OOC: i'm not creepin' or anything...
Also: Thyri u foo'.

Quiet. In these last hours of night's tireless vigil, nary a sound could be heard but for the light rustle of lush mid-season leaves rubbing against one another in the gentle breath of summer. Though morning had already begun to stir, it would be some time yet before the cheerful notes of songbirds would be heard and longer still before the golden sun, hidden though it would be behind the imminent storm clouds, stretched itself over the horizon to embrace the day. Thyri stifled a yawn. If not for her stubborn desire to succeed in joining her mother in the Araedi tier, the girl would be snuggled in her furs back home, oblivious to the birth of another day. She smiled at the thought of soft warmth against her frame, curling herself into a ball of sleep and dreams.

With a snap, the Dawnbringer jerked her head back up from her chest and frowned deeply into the aging night, casting blame at the sweet-talking darkness for her failure to remain alert. Back when yesterday had just begun to fade, the night's youthful exuberance had been all the encouragement she needed. Sleep could easily be overcome and she would succeed. If nothing else, Thyri had the determination and obstinance to stay her course regardless of her innate impulse for rest. It was the only thing that kept her going, for the night had been soundless and safe.

Stretching life back into her limbs, Thyri rose from the base of the tree she'd been sitting at and slung her Dane axe across her shoulder. Staying active will keep me awake, she thought to herself with resolve, deciding that she could make another sweep of the borders to make sure nothing was amiss in the time since her last rotation.

So quiet had the night been that the sudden disturbance of peace sounded like alarms blasting warning in her large ears. Thryi paused and listened, squinting intensely into gently lightening day. It was coming, something huge and black. The youth squared shoulders and held her ground, the axe held at an angle between her two hands. "Halt!" she barked in her most assertive voice. "Who's there? Name yourself!"

[WC: 365]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
Mate to Merlin Apothecary I Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:30 pm

THERE IS NOT DANA, ONLY ZUUL
His salmon pink tongue rolled out from between his yellowing canines, his breathing came out in an urgent pant as he tried to lower his heartbeat from his meager trot-like pace. It would seem that his patrol was going to proceed in a lazy and normal routine that naturally occurred every morning the dark knight felt like expelling energy, though sometimes he wished, dared an intruder to come close enough. If only someone would stray close enough that he could caught them, maybe expel another form of energy he was itching to get rid of.

The high pitched sounds of avian creatures seemed be drowned out by a more feminine sounding voice that acted as if it were to intimidate, though his first reaction to the demand was not friendly. Guard hairs bristled. His neutral waving tail now vibrated with agitation and dared to arch over his lean back, it was easy to summon the beast within. The Demos felt his limbs elongate, stopping at their half way point. Dark hair spilled over his neck, thickening, bristling. Soon it was clear what shape he desired to change into, the halfling form that made it look like he had been the offspring of a one night stand between a bear and a wolf.

The secui male emerged from the woodwork as he was faced with pale two-legged creature, curious to see that the axe welder was a friend rather than the foe he had itched to face. "Now young lady, it it kind to demand such from a fellow Vinattian?" He voice was husky, startling at how rough it was as he tried to lace humor in his words but that failed. "Kerrian Demos, and you are the daughter of Shiloh Dawnbringer." He informed her of his own name before stating whom she belonged to, but all was as his made another transition.

His limbs elongated once more, his chest widened as the scars along his frame stretched over a new form. Soon he was almost kneeling before the young woman before standing to his full size, easily showing that he was both taller and shaped with hardships. "Though your name I cannot remember, might I ask for it my lady?" This time humor was not lost in his voice, a softer tone came though it still remained husky with traces of agitations.

Lullaby
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:19 am

What she was suddenly faced with was not what she had expected: large and black and bristling with rage, Thryi's innate instinct was to tuck-tail and run but she held her ground, Dane axe held firmly between her two angular hands. She would not be intimidated and she would not run. To run would mean abandoning her pack and to abandon her pack meant complete and utter failure. Was there ever such a thing as salvation from something so awful? Thyri didn't think so. To die would be just as finite, though surely more admirable if it was a result of defending her pack from a savage bear-creature.

As it turned out, the creature in question was not in any way related to a bear, much to the Dawnbringer's chagrin. Pale jade eyes assessed the ebony wolf, sensitive nostrils translating the being's familiar scent almost instantly within her olfactory organs. "Ah man," she groaned, her embarrassment almost palpable. "I'm sorry, Kerrian. I thought you were some... well, thing else."

That he wasn't anything more than an onyx Vinátta both disappointed and reassured the aspiring Araedi. She had been fully prepared to risk life and limb to protect her fellow pack mates from whatever devious plans the creature from her mind had imagined for her but was just as accepting of the truth. Thyri watched large male - now in Optime - tower of her with a sense of jealous awe. She balked at him a moment before remembering herself. "I'm Thyri. Thyri Dawnbringer. Shiloh's my mom, yeah," she said, impressed. "I've been up all night patrolling," she offered, thumping the butt of her axe in the softly in the soil next to her. "I wanna be an Araedi so I thought it would help. Are you usually up this early?"

[WC: 300]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:46 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK TO DANA NOW
Both her disappointment and fear caused the ebony knight to give a darkened chuckle, it was strange how thrilling it was to terrify the young female when she had thought that she had met her doom. It was then her words that seemed to spark humor in his stormy gaze, thinking of him as something other than a fellow friend. Another dark laced form of laughter came from the halfling beast, shaking his thick skull from side to side to show the humor in her error. "Ah, as you can see.. I am but a friendly wolf, perhaps it would be better if I was a bear? That way you could test that ax of yours?" Though his husky tone was dripping with a form of laughter, it would seem this form gave his vocal cords a deeper rumble and harsher tone. It made some of the humor fall, intimidation spiked.

When his frame changed to his third form, the pale creature gave her name. A cute name for a girl wielding such a large weapon, perhaps she was another aspiring warrior princess? The answer to that silent question was followed up rather quickly, the exhausted child had been patrolling all night and was failing at her protection due to her sleep deprived mind. This fact caused the male to let a disappointed growl to escape his lips, not as a threat but to show that this was not a smart move.

A smile then replaced the disappointed snarl on his face, nodding his skull to her question of his patrolling behavior. "Yes, I am usually up early. I take the morning patrol to get my blood pumping, my mind seems to revert back to the feral thoughts of by birthpack at this time." He chuckled at his own words before continuing, But Thyri, you must be careful. Sleep depriving yourself will not help with your patrols, instead it might cause a misunderstanding to turn into a grave error. Please be careful." His words were laced with both concern and a teaching tone, she needed to understand the error. "Ah and I wish to follow the Hunter rank. Vald, I believe it is called." His words came lighter, hoping to not drop this conversation to a darker tone.

Lullaby
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:39 pm

Not unexpectedly, Kerrian’s darkened laughter seemed to match his imposing size and rendered Thyri incapable of any expression other than sheer wonderment. She stood, feeling suddenly very small despite being fully grown, and offered the man a tentative grin in response to his rumbling words. ”I prefer friendly wolves,” she replied truthfully, a shining smile breaking through the clouds of her embarrassment. ”But I wouldn’t hesitate to test my axe if you were a bear!”

The low snarl that erupted from Kerrian throat caused the lazy sway of the girl’s tail to slow before stopping altogether, her oversized ears drooping. He was disappointed. In her. Thyri tried to steady herself, steely eyes fixed on the stormy blue of her older packmate, but found that her gentle admonition was well deserved and faltered. The yearling hung her head and listened to Kerrian’s voice, refusing to ignore the shameful burning in her ears and cheeks and nose. She could have hurt him. She could have killed him. Gentle though it was, with its undertone of discipline and worry, the girl chose to let his words pierce her heart and leave behind a scar that would remind her always of the lesson learned here tonight. She would not make such a thoughtless mistake again.

Head still hung, Thyri buried the toes of one foot under the soil and watched the grass buckle. ”I just… don’t want to fail,” she said at last to the ground, her voice low and apologetic. ”So I thought it would be a good idea but… you’re right, it was stupid. I’ll be more careful.” It was a promise and as she said it, the girl lifted her head and met Kerrian’s azure gaze once more, honesty and determination glinting in the tears that sparkled in her eyes.

She respected him then for his reproach; for a love of pack and family so great he would chastise a well-meaning youth who was inadvertently putting Vinátta in danger. When she looked at him again, her heart felt stronger and her mind felt wiser. Thyri smiled. ”We should go hunting together sometime,” she said by way of response to his desired rank. ”I’m good at hunting rabbits but I could use some more practice with other animals.” She paused, tugging at the base of an ear before offering a rare moment of self-deprecation: ”But not this morning. I should probably just sleep.”

[WC: 401]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

Dead Topics