after it his voice roars

POSTED: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:10 pm

At the Training area; only two others at max, please!

He had killed a wolf for Inferni and been rewarded for it.

For Antioch, this was the sum of the promise which had brought him to the Waste. Before that time he had been lost—lost in the fiery promise of an afterlife eternal and the doubts which had come with it. God had not abandoned him, not ever.

It solidified, in some way, his own thoughts as to what it was he sometimes heard when he was wise enough to listen.

Unfortunately, he was more often than not busy listening to something else.

Alright, so, what I'm thinkin' is if I can learn to hit you I can hit somethin' else, right? 'Cause yer big—shit, you got bigger, didn't ya?

So did you.

Ffft, 'course I got bigger! Jeez, I ain't never had so much food in my life. Real glad about it, I tell you what, Ferret gave a curt nod, spinning the wood in his hand. Times was tough.

The slate-and-tan coyote gave a huffing cough in response.

So, back to this whole thing—you run around and try and knock me down, like we usually do when you train, and I'll try and hit ya, and we just do that 'cause then we both get to train.

You said you didn't want to be a Bellum.

Naw, but you know, shit's dangerous. We should go check out them birds sometime.

Mm.

Shaking out his dusty fur, Antioch took a few loping steps away from his companion. Ferret, bouncing on his toes, was still being irritably showy with his practice-knife. It was of similar make to the one on his hip, as they had both agreed that using a real knife to fight was a dumb idea. The wooden one couldn't slice Antioch up, and Ferret wasn't good enough to get near his face, so taking a few hits didn't bother the newest Bellum.

Lowering his head, Antioch made a few false-lunges before taking a real charge. Ferret was quick enough to avoid the brunt of the blow and moved with the motion, landing what felt like a punch against his side. They sprung apart, dust swirling, and then continued on in this matter.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
signature art by Songbird
Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:50 am

keep screaming 'til they hear you out
[ 346 ] » This looked lonely~ I hope you don't mind me hopping in. c:

For a moment she simply watched. It wouldn't be long before one or the other would either smell her or spot her lurking upon the periphery of their immediate surroundings, but she wasn't overly concerned about being discovered. She hoped to join in, but for the time being was simply enjoying the view. The big one she liked; he was a gangly thing but muscular and statuesque, a warrior. She had seen him from time to time, around the pack, at meetings, but had never gotten around to introducing herself and learning his name. The little one she liked too, but for different reasons, and he too she saw in passing, but heard more often than saw.

Molten gold watched closely as the two males grappled, rolling and bouncing off each other, or more like the little one rebounding off the big one like a small stone striking a boulder. Smirking mischievously she wondered how she would fare against the brawler, her lean and nimble build pitted against his gawky muscle and might. While certainly no warrior, preferring long range attacks and to let her bow do her killing for her, she was still quick with a blade and even quicker on her feet.

Uncrossing her arms once one of the males took notice she broadened her impish smirk into a beguiling smile and ventured a few steps closer, a hand risen to wiggle a couple of fingers in a lazy wave. "Oh, sorry to interrupt." Her voice poured forth like smooth honey as her usually armed-to-the-teeth form bore nothing more than a soft cerulean blue hip scarf, a relic from her mother and one of the few things of hers that didn't remind the wild huntress of how much she hated her. "I was wondering if I could join you two." She finally came to a stop within a few paces of the two males, her smile unfading as fiery eyes lowered to scan the face of the big one before moving to do the same with the little one, expecting him to speak first.

Table by Eve
Last edited by Daeva Lykoi on Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:51 am

haha ferret no

They went a few rounds in such a matter, and though Antioch landed more hits than his opponent, Ferret had improved with the knife. He was getting better at learning to hit, but he had a habit of gripping the handle too tightly and more often than not it ended up in the dirt.

A woman's arrival brought them to a standstill. Ferret pushed his dust-filled hair out of his face and gave her a lingering once-over that ended with a smile. Adolescence had made him cocky, despite his lackluster talents and poor social skills. He was secure in his notion of self, or at least, in his place within Inferni because of his partnership with Antioch. With war practically upon them, the order had been to buddy up and so they had.

Ain't no inter-ruption at all, the sandy-colored coyote said, and gave a smart little nod to accent his words. There's only us though, so maybe we switch back an' forth, right—

Both of you fight me, Antioch interrupted.

He had seen something in the woman's walk, in her fire-colored eyes, that promised she was no amateur like Ferret. She was older than both of them, but fit looking, strong in the arms. Antioch thought her too small to be a warrior proper, especially when she kept soft curves as she did. It occurred to him this might be why skinny, sharp-lined Ferret kept stealing glances at her. This matter was disregarded entirely by Antioch, who was watching her face and waiting for an answer.

Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:25 am

[ 500 ] » Jumped right into it. Let me know if anything needs adjusting.

As expected the little one was the first to raise his voice, suggesting they take turns tussling with each other, but the big one was quick to inject his own proposition and the wild huntress seemed to light up at the opportunity to take him on. In optime the male was a mountain, standing head and shoulders over her, and while she was confident in her abilities as a scrapper she knew better than to underestimate him, even on four legs. Usually the big ones weren't too bright but there was something in his eyes that suggested - even if he really didn't have much sense to him - the young male was much more than met the eye.

The other one though was more than transparent. He was as cocky as his age and mouth suggested and though thin and willowy he still looked like he could hold his own, yet at the same time – from what she had observed from their practice – still had a lot to learn. He did well in choosing the big one as his partner when the word came down to buddy up, they each made up for where the other one lacked, and she almost envied how well the two of them meshed. The false goddess was not one to make friends easily and had yet to find a buddy of her own, instead preferring the company of her creature companions or utter solitude. That was her way though, and she doubted that would ever change, but with the way things were going, with the threat of war looming upon the horizon, she often wondered if it was time to break the old habit.

With something akin to a soft little chuckle as she slipped back from her momentary musing she met the gaze of the little one for a moment before turning her attention back to the big one, her hands rising to undo the loose knot on her hip scarf. "Now that doesn't seem fair." She pondered aloud, tugging the silky blue fabric from around her waist and pulling it up under her thick long tresses to tie them up and out of the way, securing her hair to the back of her head in one smooth motion. As much as she loved her hair it didn't do her much good in a fight and she really didn't fancy losing any of it in a simple sparring match. "But war isn't very fair, is it?"

Those molten gold eyes were ablaze with excitement as they promptly darted from the big one to the little one and gave him a motion to move, the slender femme not skipping a beat and dashing forward to aim a sweeping lunge low broadside upon the muscular male, hoping to take him by surprise. Normally a blade fighter when it came to hand-to-hand combat, the temptress was at a disadvantage, but upon four legs and faced with two optimes so too was the red eyed male.

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Ferret pretended not to leer, though he side-eyed the curvaceous fighter as she undressed. He had seen many more people since settling in Inferni, and was especially glad for it. There were pretty women to look at and other fighters—and others, of course—to see to it that the land was safe. All in all, it was a good deal for him. As long as he stuck it out, they'd see the end of the conflict and be rewarded for it.

In contrast, Antioch was stiff-legged and quivering with excitement. Ferret was not a true challenge. The woman might be, and even if she was too much for him, their combined forces would be an excuse. Even if they overwhelmed him, he would learn.

Baring his teeth in a snarling grin, the coyote braced himself for her impact and felt the blow against his ribs. Then he rushed to throw his shoulder at her legs, meaning to use her own momentum to knock her off balance.

Slow on the uptake, Ferret came circling around and made—and missed—a swipe towards the Secui coyote's haunches.

Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 pm

[ 290 ]

The wild huntress connected hard with his side, not holding back; he looked like he could take it and by the gleam in his eyes she knew he expected a challenge from her. The great heft of his secui form took the brunt of the blow and slid, but countered quickly, sweeping low toward her legs and using her momentum against her, tipping her slender frame over him as he knocked her legs out from under her. A soft little growl hissed through gritted teeth as she rolled over him and staggered back a few paces in an attempt to keep her balance, a glare flashing in those molten depths despite the wicked smile upon her maw. Shaking her hip wrap loose from her hair she backed up a few more paces and reached her arms down to shift into secui form, the change smooth and fluid despite its lack of use.

Huffing, she shook out her sandy colored pelt and dashed forward again, aiming a lunge at his exposed flank opposite the side that Ferret had positioned himself on. As the smaller male went in for his own strike against the big one, she did the same, hoping to plant a firm but non-wounding bite into the meat of his hind leg – the sartorius and quadracept femmoris – the muscles of the hindquarters that helped move the limb up and forward. If she landed the blow it would hurt like hell, probably bruise, but it would also show that she was no pushover. Even the prettiest rose still had its thorns, and even the smallest of thorns can still draw blood. She wouldn't break the skin, that wasn't the point of this fight, but he would definitely feel her teeth.

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:16 pm

The woman hit the ground on her feet, and in the few moments in which she removed herself to change forms, Antioch and Fereret took passing lunges at one another. Neither got close enough to hit, but the motions were repetitive and obvious in this – they had patterns memorized, even if they did not consciously notice this, and often defaulted to them.

When the woman lunged for his leg, he felt a smart pinch and whirled, snapping. Now that she was on his level, his motions became vastly more aggressive. His whole weight rocked back onto his scarred legs, coiled and sprung him forward. Antioch had particularly long legs, and these were outreached to strike her. It was his purpose to force her to the ground, he decided. If he could pin her and get his teeth around her throat, the fight would be his.

Ferret kicked him in the other haunch, knocking some of his momentum away. It was not enough to stop him, though Antioch's aim was compromised for it.

Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 am

[ 234 ]

When she spun back around the brute had countered, springing forward upon long powerful limbs and rocketing toward her. She had only a few seconds to react, and in that instance the smaller male had seized the opportunity to land his own blow, fouling the aim of the red-eyed warrior. Bracing herself she charged forward and their bodies connected at the shoulders, his larger form pushing her backward and up onto her hind legs before they both took a tumble to the ground.

Planted beneath him but not yet pinned she shook the haze out of her head and snapped her jaws upward at anything within her reach, all four legs pressing up against the thick mass of muscle hovering above her as her hind limbs kicked and forelimbs clawed, her tail trashing, whipping up dirt. She was down but not out just yet, and she'd be damned if he was going to win so easily; she would keep fighting until one of them became the undisputed winner, there would be no question.

Molten gold flashed like fire in the dim light of his shadow as pinprick pupils stared up into pools of red. If the other male was smart he'd be on the offensive, and if she were lucky he'd be thinking the same thing she was - the brute had set his focus on her, leaving his flank wide open once again.

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:28 am

We can move to wrap this up soon! :>

In a real fight, Antioch would have gone for the throat, as he had been taught. Killing was an easy thing – his parents had taught him this alongside everything else he knew – and the purpose of fighting was to kill.

Paws pummeled at his chest and underside, but the thick fur took the brunt of her blows. He'd be bruised, more than likely, but he was stubborn. While she tried to throw him off, he tried to find purchase with his teeth (thought not a killing blow, of course) and was met with snapping jaws. This woman had been trained to fight, or at least experienced it before. For this, Antioch was glad.

YAAAAAH!

If Ferret had been forgotten during their fray, his would-be battlecry announced him. The scruffy coyote launched himself at Antioch, but made as if to grapple his waist. His purpose (to remove the Bellum from his opponent) might have worked in a real fight, especially if he had a real knife and not the practice one, but the absurdity of this motion (paired with the wood jabbing at his belly) was infuriating.

Inferni
DEAD
Mel
Luperci

Dead Topics