Winding Up Quick

Joining

POSTED: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:28 am

OOC: Aunet is a Coydog that is 50% Plains Coyote and 50% Taigan Dog. Preferred rank is Sciens, if possible. Sorry for the rambley boring post!

She was tired. Bone aching tired, and yet she still kept pressing on.The young coydog's limbs were dragging lightly on the foliage under her, stony fur lightly dusted in dirt and leaves. Aunet had just barely escaped from a bad run in with a group of wily loners, while searching for clues of her family. Looking back on the ordeal, she couldn't help but to chuckle halfheartedly. Three towering luperci males that might as well had two left feet when it came to them trying to chase her down due to an accusation that she had stolen some of their meat. The sight of them tripping and cursing her proved for an amusing side track to her muddled thoughts. It had taken awhile to get them off her trail, but now she had found a new distraction.

The familiar smell of Coyote had caught onto her like hook, and now she she was unconsciously following the overpowering scent. She had tried to not allow hope to consume her, but Aunet realized that this might be a reliable lead to her family. Even though her father, siblings, and herself did not have a conventional coyote scent, she knew that of her mother's by heart. If there was a large gathering of coyote's here, perhaps she could her mom? Even failing that, there was still the hope of finding information on her whereabouts. With renewed vigor, the lanky and exhausted coydog quickened her pace.

Aunet slowly but steadily accelerated,until her fatigued walk quickly transformed into a anxious run. Her muscles and lungs felt as if they were on fire, and her slender legs threatened to collapse. Huffing and swearing under her breath, Aunet let curious excitement push her until she skidded to a stop in front of the unusually decorated borders. Grinning skulls leered down at the young canine, momentarily knocking the courage out of her until she steeled her resolve. Whoever led this group, she was sure to press them with questions, no matter what. Throwing back her her head, Aunet let out a low call to the leader.

Crumb

POSTED: Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:55 am

keep screaming 'til they hear you out
[ 240 ] » Hai~ :3

Twirling an arrow absently in one hand the wild huntress was at it again, patrolling the borders like someone had lit a fire under her tail. She was constantly on the move, sweeping the southeastern edge of the of the clan's claim and working her way back around counterclockwise until she hit the water, then she was working her way back again. She was tireless, vigilant, and above all else paranoid, and the more she patrolled the more she was seeing shadows in the trees, eyes in the darkness, teeth in the ever shifting umbra.

When a yowly coydog howl rose up above the trees she stopped dead in her tracks, hackles rising for a moment before she realized it was a lonely beckoning sound, not a rally cry, not an alarm. Shaking her head with a snort she cleared her thoughts and turned around, moving in the direction the sound was coming from as molten gold briefly averted to glance at the sky, a raven or two already on the wing to summon the scarred femme to the border.

It wasn't long before she happened upon the young stranger toeing the invisible line between the coyote's claim and the outside realm, her gilded gaze lowering to offer her a curious – though wary – once over glace before her eyes settled upon her face. "Hey." She said bluntly, though the wily smile on her face belied her curt greeting. "Who're you?"

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 am

Hi! Thank you for replying. Sorry this reply is so choppy, but hopefully my next ones will be better!

As the blurry outline of a stranger began to approach her, the nervous coydog unsuccessfully tried to block the sudden explosion of nagging thoughts in her mind. She had came into a place where she was outnumbered more than twenty to one, and she didn't even know if her family were even remotely close!

Aunet's feet started to uncomfortably shift under her, slowly wearing down the dirt below as she noticed her greeter getting closer. It was the soft gleam of a well sharpened arrow tip that caught her eye. The scraggly loner had to fight the urge to turn tails and flee as cold panic settled in her gut. She was so deep into her thoughts that the luperci's words startled her, jumping slightly before she could formulate a response.

On a sudden impulse, Aunet recalled her mother's formal instructions when dealing with strangers, and dove into a polite bow With a slight stutter and lowered ears, she said, "A-Aunet. Aunet Mirthe."

As soon as the words came out of her mouth, regret and embarrassment hit the coydog like a ton of bricks. She certainly didn't mean to sound that weak, especially not in front of someone armed with a weapon. Trying to recover the possibly awkward meeting, Aunet added "Did you happen to see a Willow Mirthe pass through?"

Crumb

POSTED: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:51 pm

[ 258 ] » No worries~ it's lovely. c:

Adept fingers never stopped twirling the arrow until the stranger took evident notice of it and seemed to quake in fear as if it would do her harm, as if the wild huntress would do her harm, and that reaction broadened her wily little smile into a mischievous grin. At the sound of her voice the younger femme practically jumped out of her skin and the Sciens couldn't help the little laugh that trickled from her sharp coyjack maw, her arrow toting hand returning the offending object to her hip quiver before joining its counterpart as her arms rose to cross lackadaisically across her stomach.

"Aunet, huh?" Her head tilted to one side ever so in slight as she took a moment to process her name and the stony grey femme added a query about her family, to which the false goddess retorted with an absent shrug. "Can't say I have. Is that why you're here? To find this Willow Mirthe?" She already knew the answer, but she wanted more than that, she wanted to know if that was the only reason the little thing had come to Inferni, or if she was looking for something more. Talk of family and belonging was what had brought the desert flame to the coyote clan and ultimately was the deciding factor in her joining. It was either become one of them or continue living alone. While she certainly had no say in whether or not the young femme was welcome, she could at the very least learn more about her.

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:02 am

OOC: Once again, sorry for the delay!

Unintentionally, Aunet's gaze slowly drifted back to the twirling arrow, lost in it's motions until she noticed that it suddenly stopped, accompanied by sly chuckle. With an awkward grin, the short coydog couldn't help but to give a polite laugh herself. Suddenly, the tension felt as if it had melted out of the air, and Aunet let go of the breath tat she didn't know that she was holding. Shaking her head softly, the grey female added, "Sorry about that, I suppose I'm a bit twitchy being so far from home."

After cocking her head a bit as she processed the question, she hummed a soft noise of affirmation. "Yup indeedy!",she replied cheerily. "Find my mother, round up the rest of my family, and make things the way they used to be, the way they were gonna be." In her mind, it was a simple plan that could easily be accomplished in no time flat if she really put her mind to it. Standing up and stretching with exaggerated groans, Aunet added somewhat wearily, "Well, it's no use for me talking your ear off, and I'd better scope out a safe place to spend the night." Eyeing the tall huntress in front of her, she blurted out, "I'm sure you know what living all on your lonesome is like."

Crumb

POSTED: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:30 am

Hi! I'm going to go ahead and get you titled so you can start posting in Inferni as a clan member! I'll either bring Vesper in to ICly accept Aunet or, if you prefer, Eve, you can make the assumption that Daeva brought her to Ves or somebody. :>

Welcome to Inferni!

Ranks · Website · Wiki · News

Pride by Titmouse!
  • Ranks! Remember: Inferni’s ranks are based on character behavior and activity. Read over our Rank Information for hierarchy information. The Rank Advancement page details how you can go about getting promoted! o:
  • What Else? Wondering what else to do? Check the website! We have games and baubles galore!
  • Confused? If you're confused about anything regarding Inferni or being a member of the clan, please PM the pack leaders!
Inferni's Featured Adoptable Character!

Join the Coyotes
Inferni @ 'Souls Wiki

Inferni is a coyote-only clan first established in 2002. With a flexible hierarchy and tons of co-ranks, Inferni's ranking system and coyote culture are unique amongst 'Souls wolf packs. If you're interested in joining Inferni, we'd love to have you!

Inferni
OOC Account
Raze

POSTED: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:36 am

[ 314 ] » There you go, a lead in for Vesper~

Her smile shifted into something a little more genuine as the stranger seemed to calm down, glad to see she was growing relaxed with her presence even if the huntress was still wary of the other. She seemed innocent enough though, and only appeared to be looking for her family, which she went on to explain before rising into a stretch and commenting about wanting to leave. Lowering her arms to her sides, she let a pause hang in the air between them for a moment as she took a few seconds to consider what to do next.

Inferni was notorious for being harsh to those who showed up to their borders uninvited but for the most part their hostility was reserved for wolves. This young coyote was anything but, and by the looks of her she had been traveling for some time and could use a rest and a good meal. The desert dragon was in no position to simply invite her in and accept her as one of them, but at the very least she could summon someone who could. "Hey, wait."

Turning those molten gold depths skyward she searched for a moment before the familiar silhouette of her avian companion came into view. Kali was as much a wild thing as she was a comrade and when she wasn't actively being used to hunt or scout for her the kite was usually off doing whatever she wanted, but she was never far. Clicking her tongue like she would to summon her horse the Sciens beckoned the bird downward, whispering a command before sending her off.

Kali would seek out Vesper and speak only a few words – stranger, border, Daeva, waits – but it would be enough to bring the scarred Centurion to them. In the meantime, the huntress returned her attention to the young femme. "How'd you get separated from your family?"

Table by Eve

Eve
Luperci Chaos Star
DRAGONBORN
YOL TOOR SHUL

POSTED: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:53 am

It was refreshing, really, to have a short conversation with someone that didn't immediately try to cause her bodily harm. The possibility of being surrounded once again by a friendly bunch was enticing, but not as enticing as possibly being reunited with her family again.

Right as the gritty coydog was about to bid farewell, she heard a beckoning to stay from her conversation partner. When the tall coyote patiently looked upward, Aunet felt a bit of her anxiousness from before slide back into her mind. She was so tense, that when a bird suddenly swooped downward from the skies, the lanky hybrid had to fight the urge to jump in surprise. It was only when the bird landed on the shoulder of her greeter did Aunet release a breath that she didn't know that she had been holding.

Watching the shrinking form of the bird curiously, Aunet almost didn't hear the question aimed at her. "Ah, I'd like to say that it's a long story, but it's actually pretty short." Settling on her haunches and waving a front paw noncommittally, she added "I went out to find some land for me and my sister to share, and when I came back, my family had just up and left. I assume something bad must have happened for them to leave me behind, so I'm off to find them."

Even just remembering the confusion and panic she first felt when realizing her family wasn't in their home was enough to make her uneasy all over again. Desperate to shift the topic, Aunet half jokingly asked,"Does everyone around here get a bird? Or are you some kind of leader that I should be bowing to?"

Crumb

POSTED: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:53 am

That would be me.

Vesper emerged from the foliage, shaking leaves and feathers both from her fur. A couple of ravens landed in the trees, and Daeva's kite was likely somewhere overhead if it had bothered to return when it summoned the scarred Centurion. An especially large, shaggy raven perched on her back, its beady eyes taking in the pair of coy-hybrids.

The female smirked. Everyone around here seems to end up with a bird or two, though, she said, then sniffed the stranger. She smelled as doggish as she was coyote, and seemed to be about her daughter's age. She glanced at Daeva a moment, grateful the Sciens had attended to the borders; Ves attended to every newcomer eventually, but she'd been far from this border when the ravens found her, and she was only so fast with Stark riding on her.

So you here to join? Vesper asked, having missed most of the conversation aside from the last joking remarks. Many had come to join them since the tensions started, seeking family or, ironically, a safe place to say; she was quick to assume this was the coydog's case, too.

Raze
Luperci
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguist

Dead Topics