Life will have it's way

Ethereal Eclipse. FD to 9/12

POSTED: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:00 am

It started with a scent on the wind and led into a full on pursuit. It was a doe, uninjured and truly a challenge. The ungulate gracefully, fleetly dodged trees, rocks and jumped over the brush to keep ahead of the game. She was truly a runner, with strong thin legs that were meant to carry her easily through the trees, away from the dangerous fangs of the wolf. Lithia’s long legs carried her swiftly through the trees of the Ethereal Eclipse as well, but she did not have the knowledge of the forest on her side such as this knowledgeable doe.

The chase carried them from near Wolf's Peak, closer to Casa di Cavalieri's borders. Eventually, the Tengu slowed, letting the doe get away and run abound to safety. It wasn't wise of her to wander so close to an enemy's home, and plus there was no way that she would catch her prey in a forest that she did not know. Sure, trees were one thing – but knowing the lay of the land would have gotten her so much further. She could have steered the doe into a trap, if she knew of one. Maybe a cluster of rocks or a stream that would have slowed her down. Something.

Though, Lithia had nothing on her side and thus, she was not destined to catch her prey. Lithia panted, lowering her rump to the earth to try to catch her breath. Her tongue lolled out of the side of her mouth as she looked around to her surroundings: trees, leaves, birds, and squirrels. That was what she saw right now. She could always hunt a squirrel – but a squirrel was nothing more than a snack and killing a rodent was hardly anything like the accomplishment of catching a deer.

(300) Anyone welcome! Located in Ethereal Eclipse, closer to the CdC side. I'm open for this to go anywhere too! Forward-dated for Sept. 12
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:11 am

You need posts, I need posts... and I don't think I've threaded with Lithia yet! :o Skoll is in his Lupus form. (Also hurrr you dated it Skoll's birfday)

Fighting so recently after his injuries from Liir had taken a toll on the Seneschal, forcing him into a longer period of rest. He wanted nothing more than to lead an army into Inferni’s territory and kill every coyote in sight, but exhaustion plagued the normally enduring hybrid, and he had barely enough sense to rest.

In this case, however, “rest” merely meant restricting his travels to south of Halifax, rather than meandering in the northern woods hoping for a scavenger to rip apart with his teeth.

Skoll trotted through the darkness of the forest, limping through brooks and pausing to sniff and mark boulders in the wilderness’ exchange of news. His scent was dominant, aggressive, overpowering, but betrayed his less than stellar health. An Infernian might have made the man a target (and indeed, that was half the point) but anyone would be loath to face Skoll’s teeth now.

Restless, angry, the one-eyed wolfdog roamed the thick woods, craning his neck to spot the very first changing leaves in the canopy. Winter, a time of long nights, was ironically when Ethereal Eclipse was at its brightest. The feast, at least, was something to look forward to—if they all made it that long. More and more he was beginning to think he’d die before he saw another summer.

A musky, feminine scent caught his attention, and Skoll frowned. It was familiar enough for him to associate it with southland, and wondered why the castle-dwellers would venture this far north, unless perhaps to dine on the spoils of war. Curious despite himself, he ran until he spotted the roaned black she-wolf and uttered a deep bark to greet her, approaching with a dominant but neutrally-friendly flag of his plume tail.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Her pants began to subside as she sat there for a while. Birds fluttered above; squirrels scratched up the sides of trees. There were even a few buzzing insects that passed close to her ears, causing the Tengu to flick her ear to make sure thet didn’t get any ideas. Her ear was not their home. They didn’t belong in there. Though, it didn’t seem that she would need to enforce it any further because the insects fluttered away as quickly as they came.

She shook her head again, feeling a particular tickling sensation above her right ear. Yet, when she stilled, she heard the approaching footsteps of another. Quickly, she rose to her feet and with her tail high, faced her visitor. He barked at her – which was something she hadn’t been expecting. He didn’t seem hostile, but then again, she didn’t trust him.

Both canines faced each other, tails high and slightly wagging with uncertainty. No aggression was shown from either parties, but Lithia was skeptical.

”Here to cause trouble, Courian?” she asked. She remembered the scent from passing close their borders one or two times in the past. It had changed somewhat since then, perhaps mixed with the adventures of the Hybrid that approached. She had hoped not to encounter anyone while out on her excursion... as Anathema wasn't exactly a favored pack at the time. Their choices had certainly bit them in the ass, and Lithia regretted that she didn't stay in the territory while the others went out fighting. She was mastering stealth, not fighting.

(000) ooc text here
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:13 pm

The dark wolf was young, only a girl in Skoll’s eyes though she might have had an adult rank in her pack—whose scent clung to her in minute traces of other wolves and hybrids. Skoll had heard plenty of rumors about the Anathemans, enough to make him chuckle darkly at the irony of her question, but she was not an Infernian and so didn’t concern him today.

Do I look like a troublemaker? Skoll asked, and bared yellowing fangs in a grin, narrowing his one eye.

But he waved his tail again, leisurely, and glanced at the shadows of the forest around them. Various scents of plant and prey danced in the air, and the wanderer was quickly able to get his bearings. Raising his brows, he cast another look at the dark girl. Gossip tells me it’s not safe for you to be this far north. It wasn’t concrete, as despite his friendliness with Alistair Skoll knew little of the intricacies of pack relations, but it was enough to interest him.

Aware that his line of questioning could have been threatening, Skoll settled on his haunches and scratched a scab on his side.

Last edited by Skoll Haskel on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:27 pm

The wolfdog wasn’t threatening at all, but there was a lot of uncertainty between the two of them. For one, he seemed inquisitive about her and she didn’t like that. He was too nosy. Stop it. She didn’t want to have to worry about being followed, but as it was today, it seemed she forgot to hide her scent and on top of that, she was pretty close to Casa di Cavalieri’s borders. She supposed she had to humor the Courian’s question.

”Does anyone?” she asked, echoing with another question and tilting her head at him. ”Yes, you do.”

And she supposed that given their reputation, she probably looked like she was up to no good too. Her tail remained high, but she hadn’t made any extra movements since. She was very still and hadn’t exerted any other body language in his direction because she was still unsure of him.

”Are you gonna rat me out?” was her forward question. She didn’t even bother with a response to that. If he knew of the conflict, then he knew enough information about her to answer that himself.

Pink eyes watched as the dog lowered himself to his haunches and scratched as his side. Not before long, the faint, metallic scent of blood wafted in the air between them, alerting her that he scratched a little too hard.

(000) Forgot to say HBD to Skoll! lol. Also, hope the little assumption at the very end is ok!
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:34 pm

No prob, it's in character for him anyway haha. Sorry for weird short post -- I think at this point he's just trying to creep her out so she gets uncomfortable and he "wins" bc he's an asshat like that.

Skoll smiled at her answer, revealing teeth that had begun to yellow with age and wear, teeth he'd stained red again and again. He was pleased with the reply -- finding some sick humor in it. His actions were justified, he believed, and there was no shame in causing trouble for the coyotes or anyone else. A young, wayward Anatheman, for instance.

He blinked at her question and entertained it a moment. Distracted, and careless, he scratched off the scab -- but ignored it as it bled, instead focusing on the girl thoughtfully.

I'm sure if I grabbed you by your throat and hauled you to Casa's borders I'd make a few friends, the Seneschal said casually, and yawned.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:23 am

The Tengu watched as the Seneschal stood, with a bloodied back nail, ignoring the strong scent he just caused to waft through the air around them. In cloaked them in a nasty barrier of blood. It made her nauseous. She didnt even want his thick, metallic blood in her mouth. She associated it with sludge. Lithia wondered whether he’d attract a cougar on his way home later… and maybe lose his other eye.

The faint smirk upon his lips made her uncomfortable, anxious. She didn't like him from the start. She knew he would be trouble. She should just find something else to hunt and leave this dog behind. But his comment blindsided her, and instead of thinking of prey she was thinking of doing something similar to him.

”I’d like to see you try,” she growled, but remained mostly neutral. It was then that her ears pressed forward and her tail raised slightly as in a challenge. Were he serious, he wouldn't talk about it. He would just do it. However, she was prepared now. Prepared to keep the dog’s teeth off of her throat. With added sarcasm, she grumbled, ”Could you even throw that far? I mean far enough to where you wouldn't have to cross the border yourself to get me over... because I'm sure Casa di Cavalieri wouldn't like that very much.”

(000) No problem! I love Skoll ~ so anyway he plays the game, I'm ready for it! :D
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Wanna close this up? :D He won't really try to chase/hurt her.

Would you? Skoll purred, and yawned louder -- showcasing teeth that had begun to yellow and chip from age and use. He'd strangled men in those jaws before, killed those that might threaten the south's peace. If Inferni hadn't put an end to that peace, Skoll supposed that Anathema would eventually; they weren't known for making friends.

The Court had friends, though, and his grin was haughty when she challenged his words. I'm sure Alistair would understand, he said, the name dripping with familiarity. Though he doubted the Lune would appreciate a random Anatheman's corpse in his lands, the girl didn't need to know that. He was certain if she had done something wrong it would be a different story, but as little Skoll thought about Anathemans, he doubted this yearling was evil.

You know, it's getting more and more tempting, Skoll said, and rose languidly to his feet, a ragged lion. He swept his tongue over his lips and stepped toward her, tail raised and the fur along his spine erect with excitement and aggression. It's no fun if I don't let you get a ten seconds' head start, though, he added as an afterthought, and grinned. One, two, three... four...

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:01 am

His arrogance had annoyed her. The sound of his voice was enough to deal with, let alone his threats and jibes. She had known the Lune’s name too, being there when Anathema intercepted them to their own borders. She had seen the way he acted, the way he carried himself. She had seen his mate, the white-furred woman with red hair. She had seen much during that brief little introduction between the two packs. Of course, now she would never see another introduction like that again unless she found herself face-to-face with one or they decided to march on Anathema’s borders again – neither were very good situations.

”I bet,” she spoke quickly, sarcastically. She doubted he wanted that kind of trouble on his hands. He already had scabs – did he want more? She would have surely enjoyed giving him more. He continued on, saying that he would give her a ten second head start and she smiled, genuinely amused. Did he expect her to fear him? To run? Maybe that would have been the smart route, however, Lithia refused to sacrifice her pride for the tiny chance that the Courian would chase her through the woods.

She snorted, rising to her feet. Her own fur bristled in annoyance: a sinister-looking line from tail to scruff. With that same smile upon her lips, she retorted, ”Keep counting, Courian. I’ll see you another day.” Then she turned from him, and if he were still counting, he might’ve been on seven or eight by that time. She trotted into the rest of the trees at a leisurely pace, away from him, leaving him counting, if he still were. Her ears were alert even though she doubted he would follow. When she was farther away, she picked up her pace and began tracking a new animal to hunt.

(300+) Last one for me! Thanks for the thread :D
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:32 am

-- You too! Archivin' dis.

See galleries for credit.

She smiled at him, and part of Skoll admired that, even if it wasn't nearly as much fun as frightening her away. She announced her intention to leave and with that same amusing poise trotted away, while Skoll's eye watched her tail disappear into the shadows and he switched over to counting in French.

The wolfdog waited until a couple of minutes after she'd gone, then shook debris from his coat, licked the wound on his flank, and trudged off into the forest with a heavier, more aggressive pace. He tracked the scent of her for a few hundred yards, but grew bored soon enough and turned to run back to Cour des Miracles territory.

Whatever Anathema was, Skoll had more tangible things to worry about, so their game would have to remain a game for now.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics