Broken legs but I chase perfection

Thread Prompt within

POSTED: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:29 am

D'Neville Maintenance: The fencing around the mansion is metal and stone, but may require the occasional trimming or pruning -- make sure, also, that the fence is in good order. Any gaps should be repaired.

[+3]

Things were flipped upside down and all around, the world, the pack, even their enemies that seemed to multiply before the Tirones' wine stained eyes. The hallways echoed and groaned, the windows were stained and lost to both dirt and grime that only came away with a bristled cloth and a tough elbow. He paced around for hours upon hours on empty, darkness surrounding him in the evening swell. Fingers latched upon his blade, his braid tugged back over his shoulders so that he didn't accidentally nip at it with his blade. Explaining to his father that he had cut it on accident wouldn't have gone over well with him, he imagined. It brought a smile to his lips, one that is just as easily fetched as the pygmy Lykoi moves to the stone fencing, careful not to grind his blade against its surface. Without much pause, he begins cutting away at the vines creeping along its surface, the sharpness of his blade evident by the way it teases through the greenery, rendering it useless before him.

He left enough so that it wasn't completely inert of vegitation before moving onto the next part, fingers inching over the leaves and small, creeping lines inching over it's edges. If they got too plentiful, getting through would be tough.

The metal wasn't faring well. Actually, he could see some parts that were rusting through. Some parts that weren't even holding together. The hinges for the gate were almost gone, probably shot from the rain and the misuse of each pack mate clamoring through it. He moved, momentarily catching his foot on one of the vines and quietly made his way to its edge. It needed to come down, at least for a few minutes while he replaced the hinges and worked on some of the corrosion working at the current ones.

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:26 pm

I don't think these two have met, kick my butt if I am wrong! ^_^

------------------------------------------------

The heat of the tension between his Clan and the Court was intensifying; something was going to break and soon. There was no telling what it was going to be. Though he suspected that he would end up involved. One way or another, he wanted to protect the Clan and if that meant being aggressive so be it. If it meant being passive, so be it. He would do what his aunt instructed and otherwise, he would watch the borders with care so that none would get past his watch and into the Clan's innermost territory.

Today he was headed home from a recent patrol when he spotted a stranger. Well, not a stranger as in stranger danger, but a coyote he hadn't met yet. A Lykoi by the look of him, but a very small one. He twitched his ears and his tail, then walked toward the other male with his hand raised briefly in greeting. "Hey there. Doing some housework?" he asked, ears raising as he looked at what the other coyote was doing.

To him, it seemed a bit silly in the light of all the recent drama, but it was good to see some normalcy too. Not everything had to be about protection and bloodshed.
All image credits available at his Wiki!

POSTED: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:13 pm

They haven't yet. :) Welcome. [+3]

It took nothing for him to find the hammer, a few woven cloths, a pail of water. Soon, he stood at the edge of the fence again, his fingers working over the hinges on the fence gate. They were so rusted that one of the rags had been turned coppery red from the corrosion of its metal. He had the other sitting in the water so that the rust was softened, easier to wipe away and clean. It always shocked him, meeting new canines in Inferni. There were so many that he didn't have a close relationship with while there were also many of them that he could see himself putting his life on line for. Wine splashed eyes turned toward the white maned Sciens, recognizable from brief ventures throughout Inferni. Basilio did not know him by name, only by word of mouth and brief glances now and again when he's been home.

He slides the rust covered hinge back to the mixture of water, letting his fingers dry themselves on the forefront of his chest and into his fur.

"Something like that. Can't let up on the chores just because there's a war, right?" He mused, a sickly sweet grin curling at his lips. He let the pre-made rag settle on the edge of the fence which now lay on a few vines and branches, the light wave of his tail and the pert attention of his ears signalling the acknowledgment of the other male. "Care to help? I could use a hand putting the hinges back on. It's easy enough to take down, not so much to put back in." He inched closer to the bucket, grabbing hold of the untouched hinge. Quickly, he starts cleaning at it with the rag again. "I'm Basilio. I think I've seen you around." A statement, more than a question. Though he is searching for a few small answers here and there.

"It's one hell of a war, right?"

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:18 pm

The small coyote turned toward him and familiar red eyes peered out of the face. They were like every other Lykoi-de le Poer bred creature that had joined up. It was probably uncommon somewhere else, but it was hard to throw a rock here and not hit someone with red eyes with it. Kalli didn't mind them, though he sometimes wondered if he really liked the two primary bloodlines of the Clan. They were each individuals, of course, but there were some things that they did that perturbed him. Their religion primarily. It was... weird. So were they all, though.

"I guess you're right. We'd fall apart from the inside out if we didn't get shit done except war stuff." he said. Although from what he was seeing, it didn't seem urgent to do what Basilio was doing. Still, as long as the other male was contributing, who cared what exactly he was doing? It certainly wasn't Kalli's job to care.

When he was asked to help, he shrugged, settling his bow and quiver on the ground because he didn't want them hindering him as he worked. "Sure, what do you want me to do? Hold them in place?" he asked, as he moved toward where the other male was. It was probably easier to have someone hold and the other put in whatever was necessary to make them stay where they were put.

"Kallistos. Yeah, I've seen you around too. You're ... new, but I feel like I've seen you before that, even. Is it just that you're clearly a Lykoi or were you here before?" it could be either one.

POSTED: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Ooc goes here. [+3]

Basilio wasn't that weird of an individual. Despite his size and the oddity that it created, he was a typical Lykoi soldier, born and bred to be strong. He had grown up with his religion and with age, he'd only sought to make his connection with god stronger. It was finally that last venture through the world of a loner that had given him the ability to transform himself into the visage that god could be proud of, though Basilio himself had problems controlling what he was and wasn't proud of at times. Lavender specked eyes had found their way to Kallistos, quick and reliable at trying to figure out who he was. He hadn't seen him about Inferni. And if he had, it had only been in passing. He was sure that he had seen Kallistos more than once, though. He had a familiarity to him that Basilio couldn't place. He watched as the white haired sciens moved to lay his bow and quiver on the ground and quietly gave a nod of his head.

"You're right. Not to mention, this whole area would sort of lack a defense if they were to get through our boundaries. At least this is here as a last bout of protection if we need to get our pups away quickly." He wasn't so much worried about the adults. They could protect themselves. After all, everyone here was a coyote. The elders had their knowledge of how to do things, protect themselves and the adults who worked to make Inferni a home were strong enough to take care of themselves but pups had no protection.

"That would be great. I just need to pin the hinges onto the gate. If you could hold it into place, that would be great." He gave a swift nod of his head, moving to position the gate into place with Kallistos help. "I've been here most of my life. It's only recently that I had to leave but I always come back. This place is my home and the coyotes and hybrids here are my family. I was born and raised right in this area. My father was of some importance to the back at one point and I'm trying to follow his example."

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 pm

Pups? Were there even pups around? Kallistos hadn't met any, but that didn't mean they weren't around. The last ones he had known were Snapdragon's but they were surely mostly grown if not grown by now. He felt almost guilty for not knowing. After all, he had been close with Snap before she had kids. After kids, though... it had gotten weird. Because he had wanted her as a mother figure for himself, and he wasn't great with kids. So he had let distance grow between them. Now that the kids should be mostly grown, though, it'd be cool to rekindle that. When he had time. Which seemed to be never lately. War did that to a Clan.

"For sure. We gotta be prepared for whatever happens." he agreed with his clanmate, shaking his head to clear the thoughts that had temporarily drawn him away from what they were discussing. Good thing he was focused when he was on patrol. It was just when chatting he seemed to get cloudy headed sometimes.

He moved to hold the hinge in place so that Basilio could do what he needed to do. "Who was your father?" he asked, wondering if he knew Basilio's dad... or had at least heard of him. "My dads are pretty well positioned, too. Brumaire and Nathaniel. They've been around a long time, anyway." he shrugged. And his father was related to Vesper, that helped in some ways in a clan were bloodlines brought coyotes back.

POSTED: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 am

Ooc goes here. [+3]

Basilio didn't know that there were any pups at all. He only assumed there had to be, since, you know, this was a pack and pups were the future in a sense. Wine-stained eyes were idle in their venturing over Kallistos. He hadn't expected to learn of the man's parentage but the moment he spoke about his dad --wait, did he say dads?-- Basilio was forced to look his general direction, even if just for a moment. He hadn't heard of the union between Brumaire and Nathan. Nathan, he knew from experience, was a natural part of Inferni. Brumaire had to be new, as far as Basilio was concerned, simply because during all the time he'd been here in Inferni, he didn't know that Brumaire existed, aside from his face that he'd come across once or twice. He had not really come in contact with too many canines within the band of coyotes that were in the higher ranks and even when he did come in contact with them,

it was only Vesper and Myrika who, for the most part, were wonderful conversationalists, especially when it pertained to him.

He let his tongue roam slightly over his bottom lip, thoughts moving from the male-male union to focus upon the fence and Kallistos' other words. "My father was... is Helotes Lykoi." he caught himself, shaking his head warily at that, angry with his use of the word 'was' in this situation. He moved forward, letting his fingers curl the screw into place before he held it there with one hand, grabbing hold of his dagger with the other. Even slightly rusted, the screws were still good in some ways, cleaned and refurbished. He used the point of his blade quietly, turning it so that each moment, the screw grew tighter until he didn't turn it anymore, simply due to the fact that he didn't want to break his blade.

"I know Nathan but I haven't met Brumaire yet. Did you grow up in Inferni?" He asked, a small nod of his head gifted to Kallistos. "I was ranked bellum before, the last time I was here. But they had different ranks back then and only changed them after my father and I had been taken."

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:15 pm

Kallistos could have done without puppies. He'd rather that coyotes show up already trained, with weapons slung against their hip or across their back and sharpness in their eyes. Little ones needed training, needed nurturing, needed lots of other things. Not that he was required to provide these things by any means. Everyone had to pitch in, though. He knew it was selfish of him not to want the little things running around - he had grown up here and benefited from the training of many, after all - but he just didn't really like them. So he was glad there hadn't been a lot of breeding lately in the Clan.

"Don't think I've met him. Does he look a lot like you?" he asked in return. Of course all the Lykois looked similarly but in a roundabout way, he wondered if Helotes was also... small. Basilio clearly was so he must have gotten it from somewhere, mother or father. That was how breeding worked. He hadn't met Basilio's father that he remembered, though.

He waited until he felt like the screw was secured before moving to hold another spot. "Yeah, my brother and I both. Dami. You'lll probably meet him sometime if you haven't already, I'm sort of surprised he's not following me around like usual." he joked, tongue lolling out in amusement. The brothers actually frequently did things apart, but still came together at the very least at night to spend time with each other. "Do you have siblings? I mean, I know you Lykois are prolific and all..."

POSTED: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Ooc goes here. [+3]

Basilio, likely, had Kallistos own views, though he'd never mention it quite like that since he knew enough to know that even in the end, he was someone who valued the presence of children when they were around. He wanted one or two or seven of them when time came around for him to finally become a father but he hoped, idly, that that time wouldn't come until he finally found himself a mate and gave way to the rise in ranks that he so desperately wanted. He poised himself next to the gate, letting his fingers wind over it, over the hinges that slowly found their way to purchase upon the iron frame.

When Kallistos finally got around to asking him about his father, Basilio couldn't help but pause in his work to look at him, accusation clinging to his eyes. Did Kallistos insult his height? Probably not. He shook his head. "Father was average height, if not better, a lot darker with a single form blaze. While I have swashes." He looked down. Talking about his father always made him feel a little weird. "But he was close to Vesper, as far as I know. Us, his children, called her Aunt Ves, you know." He smiled then and let his hand fall back from the gate. "Looks like we've finished with this one. Do you want to help clear out some of the vines along the wall? If they get too thick, there's a chance the brick will grow brittle and break."

He shifted effortlessly, grabbing a wayward vine sprouting over the wall's edge. "I've probably seen him about but I've never heard his name and I can't recall too many looking like you." He answered with a light, curt nod of his head. "But yes, Kara Lykoi is my half-sister, though by now I feel like she's completely there... She's the only one inside the Clan right now. You probably wouldn't know any of my other siblings. At least not just by name alone, not if you didn't know me when you first approached. My father only had three as far as I know. But my mom left when I was younger so I don't think there are many full-blooded siblings for my litter-mate and myself."

Loners
DEAD
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Kalli would have been surprised to hear a Lykoi didn't love kids. Although he supposed being able to produce them didn't necessarily mean you liked them. The Moineau boy wasn't even sure he wanted to be a father for... a while. If ever. It wasn't something he had thought about. Just like he hadn't thought about having a mate or any of that business. Sure, he had lusts, but that was just life. Everyone lusted after something, whether it was flesh, power, or something else. They could be resolved without making cubs.

There was an accusation in the other male's eyes as he turned that made Kallistos frown slightly. "Sorry, man, didn't mean to insult you." he said, raising the hand that wasn't holding the hinge in place to show he meant no harm. Though what he had said that would have offended, he wasn't sure. The other male answered his question, though, seeming to settle whatever affront he thought existed in his own mind. "Well I guess that makes us kind of cousins too, then. Since Vesper is my blood aunt and all." he said with a slight wag of his tail; trying to retain their lighthearted conversation amid the wartorn Clan lands. It was... nice, to just have some time with a clanmate where they didn't talk about bloodshed.

He moved to help Basilio with their next task, listening as his companion spoke further. "Well that's cool. I only have one full-blooded brother and as far as I know, nothing else really. I guess the Moineau line doesn't breed as prolifically as the Lykoi one. Although, I mean, I have Vesper and her kids. And Kennedy, too." he said after a moment's consideration. "We have had other Moineaus around at different times, but I think that's it right now."

Dead Topics