If the pink waves suck you in, and you drown

Borders; FD to 10/9

POSTED: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:55 pm

It had been three weeks since Itzal’s disappearance and still no sign of him. Axelle was frantic, and thus, making her daughters as equally frantic. It was not to say that Lithia did not worry for her father – because she did – but she had a calmer disposition than Axelle. Her mother went out every day to look for him, covering much of the ground that the search parties already raked over. She always came up empty-handed, either with a clue that left her in the middle of the forest or with nothing at all.

Lithia left Anathema altogether a week or so ago. Like her mother, she longed to look for him on her own. She had not vigorously searched for him like her mother had, combing every bit of territory, but instead, Lithia used what adventure techniques she knew from her rank to search for him. She frequented paths that she assumed him to take, and even veered off the pack at some points. But no matter what, she always came up with just about as much information as anyone else – a few stray clues, but nothing that led anywhere.

Lithia and Totem slept in the forest. Lithia sometimes slept in trees, while the white beast slept at the base on the forest floor. The life of a wanderer hadn’t bother Lithia as much, even though she didn’t really know it. She had never experienced it but in short bursts. Right now, with all the thoughts and her feelings swirling around in her head, she didn’t mind being away from everyone else.

It was only that morning that she found her sister, Tzila, making her way north toward Itzal’s assumed haunts at Anathema’s old territory. Her scent was hidden, as was Lithia’s and Totem’s. It was safe for them to stay hidden. It made their chance for conflict greatly decrease. All they wanted was their father, not trouble.

”What are you doing out here? Are you alright?” Tzila asked. The two sisters were not far from AniWaya’s borders, maybe a couple miles out. But AniWaya hadn’t been their set destination.

”Looking for him… I figured it would be helpful to ask some of the others here. Maybe he passed through here and was seen… somewhere,” Lithia replied honestly, thinking of Itzal. ”How’s Mom?”

”Terrible. You know… she’s ripping her hair out trying to find him. We all are. She’s been trying to get the pack to help her, but no one’s really found anything that helps.”

”Have you been able to find anything on the maps?” Lithia asked, tipping her nose to her sister and raising her eyebrows, hoping for some good news.

”Not much. I’ve been marking the places where clues have been found and where they led to… but that hasn’t really led us anywhere. That’s why I came here to try to find something on my own. He has to be somewhere… and he has to have left some sort of clue behind… Eztli isn’t that smart.”

Lithia was silent for a few minutes, looking into the brightening sky towards the north, towards the Howling Caverns, while Tzila watched her. ”Will you come with me to AniWaya? Maybe they will be able to tell us something we can use.”

”Sure, Lith,” Tzila answered, and the two sisters set off for AniWaya’s borders.

Being so close in proximity, it didn’t take them that long to reach them, and when they did, Lithia threw back her head and called for someone, anyone who could provide them any information on passersby. Lithia tried to keep positive thoughts about AniWaya, but even she knew that they were no longer welcome there. Anathema wasn’t welcome anywhere and she knew that her affiliation would greatly hinder the information anyone was willing to give.

Totem’s massive, white, Secui form laid at her feet, his golden orange eyes pointed to the sky, while Tzila stood at her side as they waited for someone to greet them. All were silent with a dreadful feeling in their stomachs as they waited.

(500+) [NPCs: Tzila Napier (Optime, sister), Totem (Secui, slave)] Anyone welcome! Lithia's looking for someone to give intel on a certain passerby ~ its expected that your character will not know anything about them, but its up to your discretion whether they tell the truth or give Lithia & her sis false hope! >:D Forward-dated to 10/9

Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: MercuryCode | This: Sammiie

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:01 pm

[ WC: 545] (+5) I promise, I'm not stalking you ;)

Everything seemed to be back to normal. The hustle and bustle of the festival had died down, and the tribe seemed to have fallen back to its quiet self. Even the air seemed cold and still, with winter ready to pounce at any given moment. The day wasn’t particularly bright, nor was it grey. It was just average, normal, and just a little bit depressing.

There was still a little bit of morning mist flowing off the lakes, but mostly, the air was just chilled. Leaves had begun to turn, and flowers began to shrivel. Galilani found autumn the most beautiful, but at the same time, it left darkness in her heart. She hated that all the beautiful things had to die, but then again, that too was beautiful. It was an everlasting debate, one she never ended in her head, and as she patrolled the borders for morning patrol, her bright, eager eyes took in every detail, and her ears heard every sound.

At first it was just the birds that kept her company. There was the occasional whinny of horses carried over from the stables, but it was faint. A couple of magpies fought in a tree up ahead, cackling at one-another like struggling chainsaws. Galilani’s ears flicked left, and then to the right. Her eyes followed. There was something different in the air today, and her senses were in overdrive.

Clutching the large Redwood bow in her palm, it hung loosely at her hip. Her quiver strapped upon her back, various arrows rattling within. Scanning, it wasn’t until she reached the edge of the Dampwoods that the feeling grew into a monstrosity. Squinting into the distance, Galilani thought she saw figures wondering along the borderlines. Her lip twitched instinctively, though it wasn’t until the howl rolled out that her suspicions were confirmed.

Shuddering as the morning breeze whipped across her back, slapping the ties of her loincloth uncomfortably across her thighs, Galilani quickened her pace to where the visitors stood. They hadn’t crossed over the markings, yet, but something looked familiar.

Closer, she finally recognised one of the visitors. It was the woman from Halifax; the book carrier from Anathema. Galilani felt her shoulders relax, but her palm tightened. She didn’t know the others, and something looked out of place with the two woman and the secui on the ground.

Eyeing them all one by one, she stood firm on the other side of the border. Her tail flicked proudly, a banner of her protective nature toward Aniwaya. Despite knowing one of the women, Galilani had heard rumors about Anathema’s doings since last seeing her. The scout did not approve, and she approved even less when it came to slavery.

Meeting that familiar pink gaze, Galilani gave a quick, almost mandatory smile at the group.

“Osiyo,” she barked confidently, greeting with their traditional Cherokee tongue. “Lithia,” she added quickly, confirming she knew who she addressed. “Yo—you’re a long wa—way from home.” The stutter was less than before, but still present. Her confidence was growing, at a snail’s pace, but still, it was something.

“Who—who are your com—companions? Wha—what can I help you with? You look tr—troubled.”

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

POSTED: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:41 am

It wasn’t long before they were greeted by a familiar face, and Lithia was somewhat relieved to see this face. It was Galilani, and by the looks of it, she didn’t think badly of them enough to send them away. Tzila looked at her sister sideways, unaware that she knew the woman from a previous experience. However, the stormy wolfess had not said anything, and instead, returned the smile to the woman. Totem lowered his head to the ground.

Lithia was happy to see Galilani for two reasons: one, because she knew Galilani and it was possible that just by friendship, the woman would volunteer anything she knew; and two, if reason one didn’t happen, at least Lithia knew she could manipulate the girl into telling them. However, she hoped it wasn’t going to come down to that. It was a sensitive topic and all of Lithia’s energy went to searching for her father. She barely had enough energy to keep her act up most of the time.

”This is my sister, Tzila,” she gestured to the storm-coated female to her right, and then gestured downwards, ”And that’s Totem.” Knowing AniWaya most likely did not like slaves, she left out his introduction. He completely ignored the whole conversation anyway, so hopefully Galilani wouldn’t resort to asking questions.

With parted lips, Lithia began to speak, but it was Tzila who spoke up. ”We are looking for information. Our father is missing… and he frequents the area up here a lot… Have you or your pack seen a black coyote around here recently? Any information would help us. Please.” Anathemans didn’t plead – only on their deathbeds – but this was a time for manners. Their father’s life was on the line and it was in Galilani’s hands to help them.

”Please, Galilani. If there’s anything you know that could help us…” Lithia spoke softly, trying to sound as heartbroken as she really was. She had issues portraying these weak feelings to strangers, but if it would make the AniWayan feel bad for them and spill what she knew, then it was worth the few minutes of inner-humiliation.

(300+) I wouldn't mind even if you were :D

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:54 am

[ WC: 556] (+5)

The exchange of greetings had been pleasant enough. Lithia had displayed a look of relief, the woman had smiled, and the male showed submission. That on its own triggered alarm bells in the Scout's head, having heard the rumours of slavery in Anathema's ranks, though having never discussed nor seen it for herself. Watching the male suspiciously for a moment, Galilani's head turned gently as Lithia spoke and introduced the pair lingering beside her.

Nodding at each of them with the revelation of their names, her smile was quick but kind. Galilani had pursed her lips, ready to further their introductions and inquiring of the nature of their visit to the borders, but the sister spoke up first, momentarily catching the Scout off-guard.

Flicking olive eyes over the speaker, Galilani's ears twitched as the words rolled out. She nodded softly to acknowledge her listening to the words, though as much as the tale saddened her, Galilani had heard or seen nothing of the sorts in the area. She was on patrols most of the time, and besides the trio that stood in front of her, there had been little in the way of visitors since the festival had come, and subsequently, gone.

Sighing as the words of the sister had finished, and interrupted by the soft begs of Lithia, Galilani's eyes fell over both of them with a grave flame within them. She could offer them no happiness or information on their quest. In fact, Galilani could give them nothing on their visit, except empty words and a wasted journey. The guilt rumbled in her stomach, and as the silence began to build between the group, Galilani finally drew her lips together thoughtfully and began to speak.

“I,” she paused, finding Lithia's harsh gaze and meeting her eye. She wanted her to see the genuinity in her own green eyes as she broke the bad news to her friend. She wanted her to see that she was sorry that she had nothing to offer her, and that, in her own way, Galilani also felt her suffering with the separation of a father in common.

“I do-- don't know wh-- what to tell-- tell you Li-- Lithia,” she sighed and shook her head slowly. Her tail dropped sorrowfully as she spoke a second time, keeping part of her peripheral vision on the slumped down male who had sparked her interest, and her suspicions.

“Th-- there have be-- been ne-- nearly no vi-- visitors to AniWaya si-- since the fes-- festival fo-- for the harvest.” She bit her lip regretfully. “I-- I patrol th-- these borders mo-- most of the time, an-- and there ha-- have been no signs of an-- anyone, le-- let alone yo-- your father.”

She sighed again, dropping her gaze for a moment before stumbling to find the familiar gaze of Lithia for a second time as she spoke.

“I'm so-- sorry,” she added quietly, fully feeling the sadness and weight of the situation Lithia had described. She wanted to help somehow, but honestly, the Scout had no idea what, if anything, there was to do.

“Rea-- really, Lithia, I wi-- wish I co-- could tell yo-- you more… or he-- help, some-- somehow. I'm so-- sorry this ha-- has happened to-- to you…”

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

POSTED: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:16 am

With the first sentence that came from Galilani’s mouth, Tzila’s ears drooped with the news. Or rather, the lack of. Yellow hues turned onto Lithia as she opened up her mouth. Lithia, however, had more to say than Tzila had apparently because once the woman took in a breath, Tzila closed her mouth.

”Maybe this means he didn’t come this way. Maybe it means he made a bee-line straight for Drifters Bay or something...” All was not lost. While Galilani couldn’t tell them that she had seen him, it could have meant that maybe he didn’t pass so close to AniWaya, that he hadn’t gone to Anathema’s old grounds and maybe he made straight for Salsola’s territories and the Bay.

”Or maybe this means we’re back to square one with no information again.” Tzila, always the pessimist.

”Or it just means that we have to look in different places. Stop being so negative,” Lithia hissed, and then turned to Galilani, ”Thank you. We’re going to continue looking around. If you find anything, call for me or Tzila in the Trenches.”

It was then that the Napier woman lingered for a moment, waiting for Galilani’s answer or farewell before she turned away from AniWaya’s borders and continued North with her sister and slave.

(000) Such a short little thread :D Thanks for replying!

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:54 pm

[ WC: 424] (+4)
Just a quick reply to wrap things up on my end <3 Sorry for the wait.

Galilani’s gaze flicked over her companions. There was disappointment in their eyes, and, for some unknown reason, Galilani almost felt guilty for having nothing to offer them, except more empty news and dead ends. Her heart broke for them, and in her own way, she felt obligated to help if such a thing was ever asked of her.

Twitching an ear as Lithia and Tzila spoke back and forth, disagreeing about which side of the emotional scale to stand upon, the Scout remained quiet, merely observing. It was only after Litha addressed the AniWayan woman a final time that her crimson mouth parted, and some words of hope drifted out for her troubled friends, in a bid to ease their pain, and also put an end to their sisterly bickering.

“Dr-- drifter’s B-- bay isn’t-- isn't far,” she looked at Tzila as she spoke. “It-- it’s entir-- entirely pos-- possible....”

Smiling briefly, she turned to face Lithia, watching she prepared to wander back out of AniWaya’s borderlands, and further into the neutral territories. Catching those cold, pink eyes, Galilani sighed as she spoke. Her sorrow for the woman’s struggles and misfortune was scrawled all over her naive, green eyes.

“Do-- don’t give-- give up h-- hope,” she flashed a genuine smile their way. “I’m-- I'm sure yo-- you’ll f-- find him so-- soon eno-- enough.”

She readjusted her quiver, and watched as the group started to depart. Just before they made it out of reach, Galilani shouted as best she could across the breeze, and rose her arm to a gentle wave.

“Go-- good luck L-- Lithia... an-- and it-- it wa-- was nice to-- to see yo-- you ag-- again. Ta-- take ca-- care!”

Galilani didn’t know if her goodbyes were heard, nor if they were wanted or appreciated. She was a caring soul, and she didn’t trust lightly. There was something that made her nervous around Lithia, but at the same time, there was something warming in her too.

Sighing, she dropped her arm, glanced one final time in the direction of AniWaya’s recent visitors, and turned back toward the centre. She hoped Lithia would be able to find her father, and that nothing awful had happened to him. She also hoped she would meet the mysterious pink-eyed woman again one day; to find out the outcome, and perhaps, as though some twisted humour in the universe, become friends with the Anathema female, despite their obvious differences.

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

Dead Topics