to preen and play in the palace gardens

POSTED: Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:49 pm

-- I only just now realized that Res is like, almost eight months old lololol

See galleries for credit.

David looked a-cross the valley. The... largest man he had ever seen was strih --

Striding, Vicira prompted, peering down at the book. The ink was faded, blurred in places by rot or rain, but the print was big. I think. A stride is a type of walk.

The little black coyote squinted his mahogany-red eyes then traced a claw along the lines until he found his place again. ... was striding slowly for-ward. He was fully armed for battle. In front of him walked another... Phillistine... dw -- what's that one?

Dwarfed. Dwarf, like Basilio, Vicira said, grinning. He was dwarfed by the enormous shield that he was carrying for his master. Means he looked tiny next to it.

Resurrection nodded and read along again, his voice very quiet, very deliberate. Sometimes he coughed, but was careful to do this into the sleeves that nearly hid his hands until he reached to turn a page. At nearly eight months old, the young coyote wasn't an Evocati anymore, but Vicira thought he looked much smaller and younger than most his age.

The sunlight was good for him, though, she thought. He spent so much time in the dusty mansion that it was no wonder he wheezed when he walked too long. Cool, pleasant against her thick coat and his wool robes, the day was a fine one -- and the stones dotting the garden paths a fine place to read. Content, Vicira sighed. The boy beside her, pausing in his reading, smiled in his quiet way.

With God's help I have killed both lions and bears when they have attacked my sheep, Resurrection read on slowly. God will help me now.

their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:36 pm

+300 Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on the methods of watering the plants in the garden. I couldn't find much on the wiki as far as what was in the storage so I just used what was there. I can go back and edit if needed.

Crucifix, even in the short time that she had been here, was already starting to get used to the flow of Inferni lifestyle and taking in the effects of the war. She had already admitted to herself that there wasn't much that she could do, but even if in some way she was able to brighten their day like she had for Kennedy with just some flowers, then perhaps that would be enough. She didn't need or want a whole lot. She wanted the love of her family and pack, to see to it that her and her siblings' life mission was kept on track, and to some day have a family of her own. If such goals could be met, then it would be enough. It would take time, but she was willing to wait and see how time played out the events in her life.

The coyote girl had taken a trip to Inferni's storage. Since her love for flowers and all things pretty had taken her to happiness and being able to spread it, she wanted to begin caring for the ones that Inferni had on their grounds. She wore a smile on her face as she made her way to the storage from her room. It wasn't very far. As Crucifix entered, she made sure to get what she came for and then leave. She did not wish to ferhoodle the items that had been gathered and arranged.

With the bowl in hand, the girl made her way towards the back side of the mansion. She had noticed that there was a lake in the back and would probably do well for plants. As she began to head in the direction, she noticed two figures sitting together. One was light, and the other much darker. It was nice to see others spending a nice day outside. The coyote girl moved closer to them, her hands moving up over her chest out of habit. Although she did not speak, she fought to keep the smile on her face. Her gaze had drifted down as she came closer, but she made sure to keep in mind to where she was going. Would be terrible to bump into the two of them because of her nature.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:12 am

-- Yeah, they don't have anything fancy so just filling watering cans/bowls/buckets is probably good. :>

Resurrection read steadily, and Vicira glanced up at the gardens. Horses roamed through the yard, nibbling on the grass or grooming each other, though the animals were quiet. No truly troublesome horses were allowed to roam around the D'Neville, and most of the Infernians were used to their presence; it calmed her to know they were there.

She helped the dark coyote with another difficult word, and they talked quietly about the moral of the story he was reading as it related to Inferni -- David against the Goliath of wolves. Vici didn't agree with all that the boy said, but he was not a violent or hateful creature; a nice change of pace with Messiah still in her head. Most of the de le Poers that had come to join the clan were nicer than she'd thought -- especially Antioch, quiet as he was.

As if summoned by her thoughts, a tiny brown coyote walked through the yard -- her green eyes glancing toward them, a smile on her face. Vicira recognized the scent and the telltale tattoo in the skin of her ear, and flashed her a quick smile, too. Hi.

Resurrection looked up, and his tall ears pointed high. Hello -- come here for a second. He talked like he read -- slow, deliberate, quiet. His smile was kindly despite the gaunt look about his face, the mahogany-red eyes. You're one of my aunts, aren't you? I'm Prophet's son. What are you doing?

He talked softly, but he had no qualms about socializing, Vicira noted with amusement.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:29 am

+300 Ah ok, so I am all good! Awesome!

Crucifix was glad to see that the gray woman had offered her a smile in return for the one that the coyote girl offered hidden behind all of her hair. She couldn't recall seeing either of the two that she had come across much since her coming here. They must have been taking part in the war or had just been very good at avoiding her. It was alright though. As timid as she was, it was already nice to see new members around. Her green gaze had moved down to the gray coyote's neck, noticing the star that rested there. It was the same star that she wore on her ear. She must have been family, in one way or another.

The coyote girl's green gaze moved down to the darker of the two strangers, asking her if she was one of his aunts. He claimed to be Prophet's son, so by extent, that would indeed make her his aunt. Already one of her siblings were having children? It was wonderful, and she was glad she was able to find him. He was turning into a fine young coyote. It was a shame she hadn't come to Inferni soon so she could have met him. The girl padded over to the two, moving down a bit. Her voice was quiet, as it always was, but she seemed a bit more relaxed than she normally was. It was always the case when in the presence of family, or at least her immediate family, "I am.. What's your name..?"

Crucifix held up the bowl a bit as she spoke, her smile trailing up a bit on her muzzle, "I was.. just going to get some water.. I wanted to water the plants.. in the greenhouse.. maybe some on th grounds.." Her gaze trailed up to the gray woman, "I am sorry.. if I was interrupting.. I can leave.. and let you both continue.."

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 pm

--

The tiny brown coyote was quiet, too, though her speech was affected by odd, nervous pauses while her nephew's was careful and deliberate. She was almost as small as Basilio, Vicira noted, though she was proportioned like a normal coyote rather than a dwarf.

My name is Resurrection, the shadowy youth said. You are Crucifix, correct? He smiled at her but stopped to cough into his sleeve. This is Vicira Tears, he added, gesturing with the dark cloth to the Fera. Daughter of Myrika, who is granddaughter of Kaena.

Crucifix apologized, but Vicira shook her head, and Resurrection wiggled his ears in disbelief. You aren't interrupting anything, Aunt, he said kindly. Vicira was helping me to read, but I've finished my story.

Vicira rose, briefly self-conscious of her height as she towered over the newest de le Poer, but her expression was friendly enough. Perhaps we can help you, she said. I don't know very much about the greenhouse, so you can show us around at least...? There were healing herbs there, things to harvest for Harosheth -- and herbs of another nature whose absence Vici felt strongly when it had been a few days without a smoke.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:04 pm

+300

Crucifix's green gaze moved down to her nephew as he introduced himself. It seemed the pattern of their family name was continuing. It was a fitting name for such a fine coyote. She was sure that one day he might join his uncles in seeking to free the wolves from their sins. He had asked if she was Crucifix, to which she gave a small nod, offering her nephew a small smile. She wasn't even aware that her siblings had even spoken on her in her absence, though it brought a nice feeling to her. Her gaze moved up to the gray one sitting with him, introducing her. If she remembered right from reading Inferni's history book, the parentage that Resurrection spoke of were leaders of Inferni. So that would mean this one was a daughter of the leaders. It must have been nice. She too offered the other woman a smile, though kept quiet.

It was comforting to know that she hadn't interrupted anything. Vicira had even stood, offering to help her. The gray woman had admitted she didn't know much about the greenhouse, and it would give her some time to spend with her new found nephew. She gave the two of them a small nod before speaking, "That.. would be nice.. I was just.. getting some water first.. Would you both.. like to come with..?" She subconsciously moved the bowl she was carrying up a little more over her chest. Now all she needed was an answer.

The girl's mess of long hair began to moved over her face a bit as well as creeping over her shoulders. She didn't mind waiting for an answer really. If they wanted to keep reading then that would be fine, though it would be nice to have some company along with her, especially given that one of them was family.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Feel free to pp Vici going to get the bucket & them joining her in getting water from the pond. :>

Vicira nodded and stretched her arms briefly behind her head, smiling. I can fetch a bucket from the stables quickly if you'd think it would help, she said. Though she was a slender and lean woman, her arms were deceptively strong from months of hauling feed and wrangling horses. She'd carried enough heavy buckets of water to the stalled animals to feel confident in it now. It would help her feel useful now, rather than someone awkwardly looming as Crucifix went about her chores.

Resurrection rose to his feet, but slowly. He was a canine of poor endurance and preferred to sit when he could, and Vici worried about him sometimes. She'd become used to his quirks over the weeks she'd helped tutor him in reading, but it always made her cringe.

The dark coyote's hooded, dark-encircled eyes were bright, though. He held the book in the crook of his elbow, the long sleeve falling to reveal small, bony fingers clutching its spine. How are you finding Inferni, Aunt? he asked, moving to follow her.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:25 am

+300

Crucifix's eyes moved to the gray woman as she moved to her feet, heading off back towards the mansion to get her own bucket. It was nice that the two of them were willing to help her, though she couldn't help but feel a bit bad. The two of them were in the middle of something when the girl came around, though her nephew did say that they had finished. Whether that was the truth, or something he just said because she was there, she didn't know. She hoped it was the first option. Once the other woman had left the scene to take care of some things on her own, her attention returned to her nephew, offering him a small smile as she waited for him.

The dark coyote took his time to carefully get to his feet. Instinct drew Crucifix over her nephew, helping him if he needed it. He was family after all, so it was only fitting that she felt more comfortable around him. His movements had brought a bit of worry out of the brown girl. She just wanted to make sure that he was alright before they moved on.

The two of them began to move, though Crucifix turned her head over her shoulder, watching for Vicira to come back with her own bucket. Green eyes trailed down to the dark boy as they headed for the pond to fill up her own bowl. He had asked how Inferni was finding her. Her smile curled downwards, her quiet tone escaping her mouth, As well as I can.. with the war having happened.. I've been worried about my brothers.. and Covenant.. I've been doing what I can.. but it's not much.. As they reached the pond, Crucifix squatted down, moving her bowl into the water to gather it, How have you been in Inferni..? She looked to keep the conversation going as they waited for Vicira to return.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

POSTED: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Resurrection padded in near silence beside his small aunt, glancing down at her. He was no tall coyote, but Crucifix was very short just as he found Vicira very tall. His wine-colored eyes soft, he smiled at her quiet words as if in reassurance -- though the war had touched him little. Most of his time he'd hidden away, sometimes offering comfort to the others when he could, as he was of little use fighting or scouting. He'd helped Harosheth in the hospital hut once but had been too squeamish to do much use.

"I cannot do much either," Res confessed, opening his hand in a slight gesture. "I am too weak to fight or hunt." He wheezed softly as they approached the pond, and he settled down without preamble on the cold bank. "But I have my head." He tapped it. "And my heart. I'm learning to read better. I have ideas, I can talk to others."

He grinned at her. "So don't worry about what you cannot do, Aunt. I'm sure it's enough. Look what you're doing now."

He shrugged slim shoulders under his cloak then glanced up as Vicira walked toward them, a bucket in hand. She flashed them both a small smile then dipped her own bucket into the water. "Do you know much about the plants?" Vicira asked, ears pricking. "Will you be helping Harosheth with the herbs?"

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:10 pm

+300

Crucifix offered her nephew a smile. As much as she didn't like herself and her lack of skill compared to the rest of her family, it was nice to have someone who was like her. Perhaps she would be able to spend some more time with Resurrection. Her green eyes followed the darker male as he took the spot beside her, next to the water. He began to explain that he couldn't do much, but he had been bettering the skills that he did have. He explained that he had some ideas of his own. Perhaps ideas that involved the pack itself? She spoke quietly as she brought the water into the bowl, What kind of ideas do you have Resurrection..?

The brown girl's attention turned to the side as the gray female returned to join them, offering them both a smile before gathering water in her own bucket. The girl's ears flicked to Vicira's question. She gave a small nod, her speaking returned to what she considered normal, I know.. a bit.. Enough for small stuff.. she paused before giving a small tilt of her head, Who is.. Harosheth..? She had never heard the name before, not even in passing from what she could recall. From the sound of things though, he worked with the plants much like Crucifix did, though rather on healing ones, where as the girl prefered the arranging of colored ones for aesthetic value.

Once the three of them were ready, Crucifix made her way back up onto her feet, and began to lead them towards the greenhouse. She kept her gaze on her dark nephew, a bit worried for him. She wanted to make sure that he would be alright on the way there. She would give a couple glanced to Vicira, but soon turn her head back down to the dark male. Family was much closer, and even Crucifix couldn't help that.

Crucifix de le Poer
Inferni
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star
Tu Fui, Ego Eris

Dead Topics