A song of clamoring metal

Grynn

POSTED: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:48 pm

Teagan’s wandered to the blacksmith shop! (+415)

Another day, another adventure! She had had many already, and the pup was—albeit slowly—becoming more acquainted with the world. Just to think, a few months ago, she had been ignorant enough to believe the den and its outer lying flora had been the extent of the world she knew. She had thought nothing of it, and had thrived in it. But, now, she knew better. The world was so much bigger than she could have ever imagined! And, to think, this place—her parents called it Fort Kingsbury—was just a small part of it! There was still more out there!

The cream-coated whelp absently padded along. Occasionally, she would be distracted by something—an insect, a bird, or some other small creature—but she always ended up back on her way to exploring the new sights and sounds that were the village. Avoiding adults had been the only key element to her wandering. For the most part, she had dodged their detection, others had spoken to her, but she had been quick to move out of their range of concern.

The day had started with a surprising chill, and, while the sun perched high in the sky, its warmth was not as readily felt as it had been in the previous months. Winter, her parents had told her, winter was coming. She had never felt the cold before, but she was beginning to find the cooler weather much more enjoyable than the heat that was summer. Indi though, her poor sister, she was not a fan of the change in temperature.

A strong scent of smoke and metal had caused the curious Stryder to venture from her imaginary road. The smell seemed to emanate from one of the clustered buildings. She had never come across anything like it. It wasn’t savory-smelling, like the baker’s shop was. So, she ruled out the idea of finding food at this new location. The scent of metal reminded her much of her father. Could this be where he went during the times he was away?

Sneakily, the child peered in through an open door. She hid the rest of her body out of sight, leaving her head to comically peak from beside the threshold’s frame. Warmth spread from within the shop, and Teagan wondered if she had found the perfect place for Indi to stay when it got colder. Her pale eyes scrutinized the insides, searching for signs of a threat.

Last edited by Teagan Stryder on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:33 pm

When darkness comes, I'll light the night with stars

She was busy as ever trying to keep her hands working and make supplys for those heading out to trade. She knew that keeping good ties with Allies meant that those who called this land home would be all the more safer. She slowly made her way through the storage room she had the room had once been very dysfunctional. After several days of hard work and dedication the Knight woman had it all set.

Candle holder in maw she made her way out of the stock room with several pieces of metal and other items in her hands. She had to admit now that Armani was branching out she had lost her assistant. She managed to maneuver around everything that was in her way as she laid everything out onto the table taking the candle from er mouth. She sighed she needed a helper here at the shop.

Looking up from the pile of metal the fiery princess looked to the door. She wondered who she could con into helping her move some of the heavier things in the back. She sighed as she noticed the small head as she looked down. The woman smiled not saying anything at first. She then gave a good sniff at the air coming into the room. "Teagan" She called to the small child as she continued to work on what she was doing. "Its getting cold outside please come inside"

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Scout, Blacksmith The Brotherhood: Master of Stealth

POSTED: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:28 pm

(+405)

Her pale eyes glowed with interest as they took in the belly of the smithy. Darkness and shadows danced over everything, slaves to the healthy fire that bellowed its heat from its stone housing. It flickered and cackled with vibrant, warm hues. There were various foreign objects strewn about the room, tidily kept and readily accessible. Teagan wondered in awe, What is this place? Her awestruck state was all that kept her from venturing forward like a moth to a flame.

The sound of footsteps broke her out of her stupor. Canary gaze honed in on the source and found a familiar individual walking into the room, her arms and mouth laden with strange tools. It was her daddy’s sister, her Aunt Grynn! She didn’t know this was her place. The Stryder’s onyx ears flickered forward, alert and curious. What was she doing with all of that stuff? What were they all for? The auburn-haired woman didn’t seem to notice her at first, her attentions more focused on the task before her. Once she had relinquished her burdens though, the Garcia-Knights’s golden gaze fell upon her little spy.

Instantly, Teagan ducked behind the door frame the second Grynn’s eyes and smile found the small child. Had she known Teagan was there the whole time?! She hadn’t let her attention wander, hadn’t hesitated, no, she had immediately found the intruder of her shop with little effort. Teagan felt her heart race at the knowledge of having been caught. What if she wasn’t supposed to be there? Her mother would be mad! Thoughts of escape started to play into her thoughts. Maybe Grynn hadn’t actually seen that it was her

Her panicked thoughts were derailed when she was summoned by name. She had been had! The gig was up. Slowly, the Stryder child peaked from around the door frame once more. When beckoned inside, her ears flattened against her skull and her tail partially tucked beneath her. Maybe if she looked pitiful, she would get off easy. It worked for Indi. Teagan submissively crawled inside of the workshop. “Hello, Auntie Grynn,” she chimed, her voice small, embarrassed that she had been caught sneaking about. The Poco’s eyes distractedly watched as her relative resumed what it was that she was doing. “Am I in trouble?” She had to get that out of the way first.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm

The knight woman would never think that the girl was up to no good. She was timid in the way she spoke and as Grynn looked up to see her dragging herself across the floor. She shook her head, "No my dear come come." She spoke with a smile. She didn't mean to cause the girl a scare or make her think she was in trouble. "Its just chilly out there I figured you'd like to come in and warm yourself."

The knight woman finished cleaning off the dirty shield as she tilted it. There was rusting and damage but if she melted it down and reformed it it would do them good. She placed it down as she looked to the small pup. "Have you been enjoying the day?" She questioned. "I bet its a bit chilly for you and your sister. but don't worry your winter coat will help. If not then many of us will keep you warm" She stated leaning on the counter. She was happy though she was hoping to have more or less another set of hands to help her not a puppy.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:52 pm

(+435)

Once her aunt had denied her fears, Teagan perked up immediately and trotted over to the Corpo’s side. Her pale eyes continued to widely observe the strange place, not wanting to miss out on a single detail. Her attention was returned to her relative as she explained why she had called the youngster inside. Teagan gave a long look to the outdoors and thought of her sister. The cream-coated sibling didn’t mind the change much, but, the koi-colored sister hated it.

Her gaze went to Grynn once again. “It’s really warm in here. Like, warmer than when Indi and I are snuggled up together, warm,” she commented. The auburn-haired woman went about finishing her work, and Teagan perused the shop while the adult was busy. She did her best to keep her paws to herself, not wanting to wind up in trouble. The temptation was great, and the Stryder was proud that she stilled her urges to touch or bite something. “What is this place, Auntie Grynn?” There was a moment’s pause before she continued, “And why are you here?” Did her aunt not like the cold either?

Grynn finished with what she was working on, and placed it down at her level. Teagan scampered over to the shield that was presented to her. Her canary eyes practically sparkled as a connection was suddenly made. “Auntie Grynn!” She gasped, You make these?! That’s so cool!” Her tail wagged spastically behind her. “And the ones in the…in the arm’ry? Did you make those too?” The word—Armory—that Tristan had told her just days before had evaded her growing mind.

The child leapt back and threw her forepaws down into an excited play bow. “Yeah, I found a big ugly frog—” It had been a toad. “—earlier, but I think he was lost because he wasn’t near the river. So I picked him up and put him back in the water with his friends.” She nodded smartly, proud of her daily good deed. At the older Knight’s questions, Teagan sat up and thought for a moment. Finally, she shook her head, “It’s not really chilly for me. Indi doesn’t like it though. A winter coat? Is it a coat like Daddy’s?” She was referring to his cloak, but she didn’t understand the difference. They sounded similar enough to be considered the same to her. She gave a mischievous, knowing grin at the last of Grynn’s words. “Or! I can just come see you here!” She giggled at her cleverness.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:24 am

Grynn was amazed by the wonder that filled teagan as she looked around the shop. Normally having a puppy in here would just be in her way but she enjoyed her young niece and was glad that she was here to visit. Grynn listen to the questioned that flowed from the youth as she leaned on the counter. Teagan truly seemed interested in the shop and she was glad for that. "This is a blacksmith shop, it has to be really warm." Grynn spoke as she moved from her leaning spot.

She got down more on Teagans level and looked the girl over. "I mad a few things in the armory. You see this is my job. I make sure daddy's sword and everyone else's weapons are in perfect condition." She spoke as she placed a hand on the shield. "I have a very important job in the pack, and thanks to the heat in here I'm able to do it." She spoke as she watched the young girl.

Teagan just seemed so excited so full of life. She was easy to read because she was so expressive. Grynn almost couldn't help but chuckle a bit as she looked the girl over. "You are always welcome here Teagan. Maybe you could become my apperentice." She spoke as she stood I picking up the shield. "Would you like to help me take a few things to the armory?" She asked as she smiled to the girl.

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:59 pm

(+411)

“Black…smith?” The child mimicked, testing the word out on her own tongue. It was new for her, and its combination of words was curious to ponder upon. She knew what the adjective “black” meant, but, “smith,” she had never heard before. For a moment, she contemplated the new word, allowing her eyes to wander the shop as she put association to its meaning. “How come it’s gotta be warm?” Her canary gaze fell on the shield. She nodded to it and the other combat items about the shop, “Do they get cold?” It was an odd thing to consider, particularly since they were objects and not living creatures. The longer she thought about it, the farther she came from figuring out her own answer. The armory hadn’t been particularly warm…so what other reason was there?

Grynn lowered herself to the Stryder’s level, explaining what it was she did and why she was in the shop in the first place. Teagan’s face took on multiple expressions in the span of her explanation, changing from curiosity to realization to utter delight and idolism. “Woah! Really, Auntie Grynn?! You’re so cool!” The child yipped in awe. To think! Someone she knew, was related to, had made all of those shiny weapons that had lined the walls in the armory! She had created them! The concept made Teagan giddy and excited, though, she wasn’t sure why.

Teagan’s tail wagged happily behind her at her aunt’s following words. Her charcoal ears pricked with interest. Her parents had spoken to her and Indi about becoming “apprentices” one day when they got older. In their simple wording, it meant that they would have a teacher, someone who would teach them things, skills, that they would use when they were older like them. “You mean…I could make shields and stuff like you?” The Poco’s canary gaze practically sparkled.

At the suggestion, Teagan did a circle and nodded vigorously, “Yes, ma’am!” She was always happy to help…with things that weren’t boring at least. It made her feel useful, important. The child glanced about, wondering what her aunt might want to bring. “What’d’you want me to take?” Her chest was puffed out proudly and her head was held high as if to show she was stronger than what she really was. Whatever task Grynn gave her, she would do so graciously and with enthusiasm.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics