there's a light in the hall way

Skana & Co.

POSTED: Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:47 pm

Akantha is travelling with her cNPC Florian (A silver gelding) and an as of yet unnamed mare (Chestnut with white blaze) :) She has random items for trading as well!

Akantha was beginning to enjoy her wandering. It was a strange thing to know that the lady of the court was slowly changing – becoming more and more of a Sapient despite the Onuban pride that still lingered beneath the fire of her eyes. There were more Sapiens now then she remembered, and she was keen to continue the packs growth across the northern territories. Their trade with Salsola had gone as planned, and the pair of horses that had been gifted to them would be of good use as they season took a turn towards winter. Even now, the frost that glittered against the short grasses beneath Florians hooves were evidence that times were changing.

Times were changing. Akantha went no where now without the reassuring weight of the dagger resting against her thigh, and was thankful that Spike had gifted it to her all that time ago. Since her time in the tavern with Shaamah, she had realized that not all luperci were as they seemed, and safety was required when travelling alone. She did not shy away from her duties as a Diplomat and Merchant, and instead was more determined then ever to expand her skill set.

Florian had been groomed prior to their leaving, the leather of his bridle polished until it shone against his silver hide. Akantha was proud of his accomplishments, and though at times he still spooked he had become a much calmer animal. The unnamed horse that followed along behind him was shy, curiously flicking her ears to and fro as they made their way through the Miramichi Wilderness. She was pretty, a chestnut made with a pale blaze and three white feet. Akantha had reserved naming her until getting to know her better, though knew that Vedetta had taken a liking to the young creature.

She followed obediently, and only startled once (Florian was quick to correct her) and as they continued to pick their way across the autumnal forest Akantha found herself allowing her mind to wander to the man with verdant eyes. Dionysus had been on her mind recently, the strange sensation of fear and attraction burning sadistically in her gut. She had not seen him since, though there was always the gentle hope that she would meet him again the further she wandered from Sapients well-guarded borders.

The horses snorted roughly, tossing their heads as they passed a stagnant pool of water – and Akantha patted the gelding’s neck as they rode on by, her expression warming beneath the soft morning light. She had left Ambrose behind (Ciellen had insisted upon his help as he gathered kindling) though she found that she missed the little donkeys presence. He was always up to some mischief, and would have eagerly traipsed through the murky looking water without a care in the world.

Akantha stifled a laugh and pressed her heels to Florians sides, eager to cover more ground as the sun continued its careful rise through the trees.

Akantha Amaranthe

Amanda

fortune favors the bold

POSTED: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:45 pm

EDITED

SKANA CREO
If I showed you my flaws, if I couldn't be strong
Optime | Nov 09 | Miramichi Wildernes
cNPC Malus | aNPC Vepar + cNPC Sully | NPCs Saul, Bird, Thanos, Peck

Hope this is alright!
WORD COUNT

The further north they traveled, the more the landscape gave way to different and vaguely familiar sights. Skana could scantly remember seeing even half of it all. It seemed it had been forever when it had only been a few years. It felt nostalgic to recall the memories. To think, just a few years ago, the Creo siblings had ventured this way in search of their long-lost mother. Their search had ended with little fruit though, and, instead, they had found themselves a home. But, alas, it was not one that they would keep. Their restless bones had lead them back the way they had originally come.

The air was crisp in her lungs as the silver female strode forward, her bandaged hand placed soothingly on the elk’s flank. Slowly but surely, Saul was getting used to her, and she, him. It felt unnatural for her to be allies with a creature she favored eating most. The ex-Anathemans had had to curve their taste for the beast during their travels with Sully; some were more successful than others, a reason why Malus was banned to bird duty—much to his chagrin. The herbivore’s flesh twitched here and there when her claws accidentally grazed along his coarse hide, but, otherwise, he made no move to flee from her steady touch. It did help that the darkly brindled wolfdog was leading the animal though.

Per usual, her brother had taken point, expertly navigating the ragtag group through the tricks and bends of the landscape before them. Malus took up the rear, and played perch for Peck, who insisted on making the trek as annoying as possible for the ex-slave. Thanos and Bird flew high above the group, occasionally moving ahead of them, sometimes staying behind. The Great Horned Owl was instructed to mentor the osprey, but, whether their low speech got through to the fishing raptor had yet to be tested.

The group had made excellent headway despite their unusually large load of personnel. They had never stayed too long at any once place, not wanting to make themselves a target for any rogues that might be scouring the area for an easy target; not that many would try though. The men of the group were healthy and large, and Vepar himself was enough to scare away most. They had little trouble getting food, and, so, the group did not suffer the problems Vepar and Skana had had when they had first ventured onto Nova Scotia soil. Having no home and no other allies though had its drawbacks.

Saul suddenly jerked his head from Sully’s gentle caress, his ears pivoting wildly in silent alarm. Not seconds after the animal’s change in behavior, Vepar drew to a sudden halt and motioned for the party to do so as well. Everyone dropped into a semi-stalking stance and soundlessly collected together. Vepar remained ahead of them by a few good paces. His cranium pivoted, and there was an audible snort from a creature—a horse. What’s a horse doing out here? Skana wondered as she realized why the older Creo had halted them.

He slowly looked back over his shoulder and made eye contact with Skana, wordlessly beckoning her forward. She gave Saul a soft pat to alert him that she was moving before striding forward to her brother’s side. “Vepar?” She whispered questionably. The dark male’s volcanic gaze flicked to her before pointedly showing her the reason for their stop.

Out in the open on a trail below their own was a beautiful female of cream and soft tawny colors. She was well dressed, indicating her level of sophistication—as if her effortlessly guiding her two mounts was not enough. She had doggish features to her, but that didn’t take away from her good breeding. Skana glanced at her brother, “Do you know her? That would be something. The dark male did not fancy the company of another often, much less a woman’s—especially one as pretty as this one.

The brother gave a shallow nod, mentioning that the pair had met previously. He frowned as he recalled the domesticated beauty being very talkative as well. Had it been any other moment, Skana might have laughed at her brother’s expense. Instead, she glanced back out at the lone wolfdog. She seemed harmless enough, and Skana knew Vepar wouldn’t have brought Skana’s attention to the woman if he had planned to just ignore her. It was obvious that that he saw something could be gained from an encounter, even with his misgivings of confronting the social Luperci.

Skana let out a sigh of mock aggravation at his hinted insinuation and sent a harmless glare at her sibling. “She’d better not try to stab me…” She remarked teasingly before carefully picking her way down to the stranger’s path of travel. Sully and Malus remained where they were when Vepar motioned for them to stay put. The silver Creo let out a small breath as she stared at the back of the slowly disappearing woman. Her wits gathered, the rogue broke into a short trot, making sure her footsteps were loud enough to be heard by the woman’s hoofed steeds.

“Excuse me, Ma’am!” She called, doing her best to not set a precedence of alarm. When she caught up to the group, she slowed to a gradual stop a few good paces away from the blonde beauty. Skana adjusted her satchel and made sure that her hands were clearly visible. “I hope I’m not bothering you, but, I was wondering if, perhaps, do you frequent these parts?” She then clarified, “My friends and I are strangers here.”

Tell me honestly, would you still love me the same?
Template by Andi || Image by xgauchex.
Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Sorry for the wait!

Akantha knew little of the South besides the few members she had run into during her visits to Court de Miracles and to Aniwaya. She thought the Southern Packs more prone to violence, and found that she avoided certain stretches of land for fear of running into a coyote or two. Florian was as good a gaurdian as any, and was sure to notify his rider when the winds changed, or if something dark slunk through the trees nearby. The Diplomat found to spend as much time outside of Sapient as within it, and often times took the horse to visit her sister in Krokar, or to find potential recruits as she had with Nikita.

The woman clucked her tongue, though found herself spinning him at a tip of his small ears.

She hadn't expected to find the silver woman who trotted towards them from a far off embankment, the bridge of her nose colored a deep umber. Akantha slowed the horse, easing him with a gentle pat as she offered her own chuff of greeting. The woman was unarmed, the thick waves of her mane marking her as a wolf and she found herself drawing comparison to her pale companion, Ciellen. Florian was staring off at the entourage that stood stock still at the top of the embankment, his lips trembling curiously as the woman continued her descent.

"Hello," Akantha finally managed, allowing Florian to make his way closer to the blue-eyed wolf, "Yes, I come from the north." She clicked her teeth, smoothing Florians gait as he stamped his hooves beneath her, "Do you know where you are headed?" she canted her head, allowing herself to slip from Florians saddle to land with a soft sound. She adjusted her skirts before reaching a hand towards the woman in greeting.

She didn't stop to think of the motion -- though In Onuba the greeting had always been weel received.

"I am Akantha Amaranthe," the spanish accented her name, and her eyes ignited warmly as she continued, "Diplomat of Sapient."

She held a hand up as if to greet the others at the top of the hill, though it appeared more as if she was shading her eyes from the high sun, "I am no navigator, but I would be happy to help you."

Akantha Amaranthe

Amanda

fortune favors the bold

POSTED: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:57 am

SKANA CREO
cNPC Malus | aNPC Vepar + cNPC Sully | NPCs Saul, Bird, Thanos, Peck

WORD COUNT

The pretty domestic spun her steed around expertly, and Skana soon found herself met halfway by the horse and rider. Her vigilant stallion paid the wolf little mind once the woman gave him a reassuring pat, its watchful gaze turning to look up upon Skana’s companions that watched the women with quiet breaths. It was a good horse, the Creo would give it that. It had definitely proved its usefulness beyond just a simple-minded riding animal.

She was greeted by the stranger that Vepar knew, and Skana offered a polite bow of her cranium. The golden-eyed female stirred her steed as if he was an extension of herself, and her expertise had the loner intrigued. The blonde confirmed that she was from the region, and inquired a question of her own as she climbed down from her horse. A hand was outstretched, and Skana strode forward to accept the greeting. “No,” she replied honestly with a shake of her head, “We’re from the South, and have been cautious about possibly traveling where we shouldn’t.” Though they had done their best to wash the scent of Anathema from their pelts, they could never be too careful. Not with what had happened with New Dawn, anyway.

Her hand withdrew as the handshake was finished. The woman introduced herself, and Skana’s onyx ears flickered at the accented words that almost sang from her tongue. “Skana Creo, Miss Amaranthe. Loner. Sapient, though?” Her words were genuinely curious as well as surprised, and hinted at wanting to know more. She had only heard of the pack in passing from the leaders, but had never met or known much about the pack or its members. They seemed highly sophisticated though, if this woman was anything to go by. The last time she had been so far north, the group had not been established.

Akantha raised her hand, and, for a moment, Skana thought she meant to address the boys and the circus high on the hill. If she did notice them, she didn’t reveal it to the Creo. She offered her aid instead, and Skana smiled sweetly at the woman. Not wanting to trick Akantha, Skana gave a nod to the males, just in case the dog had not seen them. “My friends sent me down. They didn’t want to spook you by having all of us come out of the woodwork at you,” she chuckled before continuing, “If you could perhaps tell us what places we might avoid, that would be very helpful. We don’t want to run into trouble.” She paused, and then added as if it were an afterthought, “And if you could make any recommendations of good places to stay, that would be great too. They’re too stubborn to admit it, but we could do with a full night sleep rather than having to constantly be vigilant of highwaymen.”

Template by Andi || Image by xgauchex.
Skana Creo

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:23 pm

Sorry for the wait!

And it was true -- the woman was no Navigator. She was better at wandering about, hopeful that she would recognize landmarks and the marked trails that she made as she explored around Sapients territory. Akantha found that in this way she was able to spot potential recruits, as well as to gather what she could from the North to take back home. With winter coming it was useful to have more members -- as well as the scavenged goods that she usually returned with. Florian stood obediently behind her, eyeing the blue-eyed woman curiously as she gestured to the men that still stood on the hill.

"The South?" Akantha had her own opinions of what the south was and had been -- and found herself suddenly curious as to where this group of Luperci had come from. She clucked her tongue, "Its a pleasure to meet you Skana." She smiled warmly, running her finger over the edge of Florians velvety nose before blinking her large eyes at the wolf. "The north is filled with many packs -- do you know if there is one that you are looking for in particular?" They began to make their way slowly in the direction of the others -- and Akantha would begin to lead them towards Sapient, horses in tow.

"There are many packs in the north, Sapient being one of them." She rolled her shoulders, "What would you like to know Skana?" She was not about to give out her information loosely -- it had taken her months of careful trading and exploring to gather what little information she had. Vinatta was quiet enough, with Salsola following closely behind. Midnight Shores was an island -- isolated and difficult to get to, while Krokar remained a budding fishing village.

She thought of Semini briefly, and couldn't help the warm expression that came to her lips.

"If you need a place to stay I offer rooms in our Estate. They are warm and well furnished, and I would be happy to host you myself." She grinned, "I'm sure we can learn alot from each other during your stay."

Akantha Amaranthe

Amanda

fortune favors the bold

POSTED: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:39 pm

SKANA CREO
FORM | DATE | LOCATION
This is where you would write something out of character.
WORD COUNT

To the query, Skana nodded. “Yes, Ma’am,” she confirmed, but did not elaborate further. She didn’t know how much weight the Creo’s prior allegiances would carry in north Nova Scotia. The last thing she needed was to cause unnecessary hostilities. Ignorance was bliss, as the saying went, and Skana had no intentions of making a hasty enemy out of a complete stranger—having previous acquaintance with Vepar or not. If the other wanted more, the silver woman would be obliged to give it, but, if she saw the vague answer as enough, then so would Skana.

“To you as well, Miss Amaranthe.” Akantha went on to inform the packless she-wolf that there were many packs that called the North “home.” It was a fact she knew well, as it had been one of the reasons for Anathema moving so far south. Skana thought for a moment, playing with how she should answer the kind woman. As they moved towards the men, the silver Creo waved for them to come down. It would be rude for them to make the sophisticated woman go to them when they had been the ones to ask for assistance.

“We’re not seeking any, no. To avoid though? Perhaps, Vinátta?” Skana finally supplied as they waited, “One of their females thought I had attacked her daughter, and had harassed me on false charges when I had first crossed into Nova Scotia. So, I would rather not accidentally draw too close to them again.” It was a truth, Skana had been accosted by a member of Vinátta before, but, it wasn’t the truth. The silver female knew that the Viking pack had been a place of refuge for the scattered New Dawners, and knew that the pack would likely attack the traveling party first and ask questions later. “I’ve heard that there are a few other packs that have formed up here as well, but I don’t know how well they would take to strangers? You pack, for example, is only a name I’ve heard in passing.”

Her eyes briefly left the blonde beauty as the boys finally joined them. “Miss Amaranthe, these are my friends, Malus, Sully, and my brother, Vepar. Boys, this is Akantha Amaranthe,” she introduced. Each of the men gave a greeting of their own, and all offered a polite nod or wave as their name was called. The birds had taken up perching on the supplies tied to the elk, the only exception being Peck, who roosted on a disgruntled Malus. “She says she’ll help us,” she began before teasing, “So, be on your best behavior.”

Skana’s onyx ears flickered and her cranium returned to face the Sapient female as she kindly offered them room and board. Her brows rose in surprise. “Really? You’re very kind, Miss Amaranthe, thank you!” The proposal had been more than Skana had expected, but, she wasn’t about to turn it down out of modesty. They needed it more than anything after many days of travel and constantly having to watch their backs for signs of impending danger.

Akantha guided them like a shepherd would their sheep. Skana was unofficially elected the rogues’ leader for the time being, the males trusting their female companion to have better reception from their pretty host. “What would you like to know?” the silver she-wolf inquired, happy to answer anything the golden-eyed Sapient might want to know.

Template by Andi || Image by xgauchex
Skana Creo

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:17 am

Sorry for the wait!

It was strange to think that the Amaranthine woman had made connections that lay so far south – the dark man having been met some months prior in another cold Nova Scotian winter. It seemed so long ago that New Dawn had existed, and she could remember when the strange plague had settled in the ancient place. She and Ciellen had been asked to leave their Bathurst cabin to tend to the sick and grieving – and it had been her first taste of travelling such a distance in the wilds of her home.

It seemed so long ago now, and it made her head spin.

It did not surprise her though that now the wolves of the south slowly began to make their way to the north. To the Spaniard the North was bountiful and civilized to its very core. It made sense that Skana and her troupe now made the careful trek towards Sapient and its northern cousins – and part of her grew curious as to the men’s origins. Two of them were dark, their fur gleaming in the bright afternoon sun as they came together. She recognized the flaming eyes of Vepar – and nodded a greeting towards the pale-blue eyed man who lingered at the head of the ungulate.

”I see.” She was carefully neutral, the tops of her ears flicking smoothly as she pondered the information that the silvery woman revealed to her. ”I will ensure that we allow them a wide berth.” She smiled, cocking her head to glance towards the man with the golden ring through his nostrils – and felt herself wildly curious as to how the group of wolves had come together. She thought Sapient would be a good venue for the pieces of their story to be revealed, and so she was prepared to house the motley group and allow them access to their Estate.

She chuffed softly as she padded her way alongside the group – her coppery gaze inspecting the elk curiously. His antlers towered high above her, the long tynes casting arcing shadows against the frozen earth. ”Hola,” She grinned, the tips of her teeth showing brightly against her lips as they slipped easily through the trees, ”It is good to meet you.” She glanced at Vepar through a swatch of brightly lit gold hair, ”And to see you again Senor.”

She reached a tentative hand towards the pack animal, leaving sufficient time for the elk to sniff at her hand before stroking the bridge of his velvety muzzle. Florian gave the animal glaring looks, snorting roughly through his nostrils and stamping his feet at the glaringly new animals. The antlers seemed to confuse him, and Akantha quieted him with a soft pat against the smooth muscle of his neck. ”He is confused by your animal,” She laughed, ”We have nothing so exotic within Sapient.”

She glanced towards the pale-eyed woman, ”Where did you get him? He is beautiful.” Florian switched his tail keenly behind him, though his head hung closely to Akanthas shoulder as they headed north. ”Where I come from originally we deal only in horse-flesh.” She patted Florians shoulder, ”My mother bred and sold horses there for as long as I remember. Florian is from here – and he’s turned out to be a good horse.” She grinned affectionately at the silvery gelding and ruffled the hair that fell against his forehead.

Akantha Amaranthe

Amanda

fortune favors the bold

POSTED: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:55 pm

SKANA CREO
FORM | DATE | LOCATION
-slowly makes her rounds-
WORD COUNT

The healer gave a grateful dip of her cranium at Akantha’s understanding. “Thank you.” And she meant it sincerely. Vinátta had not been kind to her, and the one and only encounter she had had with them had spoiled any taste she might have had in learning more about them other than their political standpoints. Causing a fight as well, so far from any home, and without any to defend their backs, would be hugely detrimental to the traveling party. As well, Skana greatly appreciated that the pretty Sapient did not pry for further information. She seemed kind, if not unassuming, and it was something unexpected, but gladly welcomed.

The boys gave her plenty of room as she walked amongst them, parting and shifting for her as if she were some sort of goddess in an earthly form. The silver Creo blinked with quiet awe as Akantha moved to Saul, her movements slow and easy. She seemed like a natural, and the elk was unbothered by her approach. Skana snuck a glance at Sully, wondering what he might think to finally have someone who greeted his poor mount with good intentions rather than as a oddity or a prey item. He seemed content, and as her gaze moved to the rest of her male companions, she found Malus to be indifferent, and Vepar to offer a nod of familiarity as Akantha greeted him.

Saul behaved well enough, and had even let the stranger pet him. Skana smiled. It was a good start to their establishing relationship with the Amaranthe. Her gaze quickly left the scene though at the sudden snort of a horse. The Sapient’s mount did not seem pleased about something, and, worriedly, Skana glanced back at Akantha, hoping that the woman would know why there had been a sudden change in his temperament. Sully had grabbed Saul’s reins before the elk could be startled further, and their host returned to comfort hers as well. Her explanation earned her a laugh from Skana, a humored chuckle from some of the boys. “He is a unique companion,” Skana agreed.

Her eyes crinkled with humor as Akantha voiced her curiosity to his attainment. “Don’t boost their ego, please, it makes them horrible to travel with,” Skana pleaded with a laugh. The silver female then offered a small shrug, and a jut of her maw towards the Dutchman. “He’s Sully’s. You found him just ‘wandering around,’ was that how your story went?” Her glacier eyes glittered with mischief before returning her attention to their guide, “Sully almost ate him, but had a change of heart, was awestruck by how his handsomeness rivaled his own, or some sort.” She ignored the wolfdog’s protests of clarification with a dismissal twitch of her ear.

Skana’s brows rose with interest as Akantha shared the background behind her expertise in the hoofed companions. “Really?” The Creo’s gaze shifted to the horses that had accompanied the Sapient. She had never really given much thought to them, having always preferred her own feet for ease of travel. After having traversed the countryside with Sully in their party though, she was beginning to see their benefits. “That must be a rewarding family business,” Skana remarked earnestly, “I imagine it’d go very well here.” Horses seemed like a valued item in Nova Scotia.

She complimented, recalling how Akantha had expertly guided her horses over to them, “It also explains why you seem to know your way around them so well.” Training birds was hard enough. Something as big as a horse though? And multiple ones at that? The Sapient had talent.

Template by Andi || Image by xgauchex
Skana Creo

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:28 pm

In Onuba only the strange Arenas and their ilk had found fortune in trading flesh – both in luperci and exotic animals. It had been a hush-hush business, one that was not revealed so often to the adoring public though rumors surfaced every now and then of a heroic escape or a Mayordomía crack down upon their practices. Sometimes Akantha missed this aspect of her Onuban life – the men and women who had been all too eager to share their gossip and rumors with the golden woman. Sapient had its own gossip, though often times it was small and secret – the pack was not large enough to host grandiose parties in which every one could dance and share what they knew. The murder had put a dampener on future parties, and some members avoided the grand hall in their own ways – but one day Akantha was determined to host a successful event and to bring a piece of Onuba to Sapients centre.

It was evident that the trio that came along with her were not civilized in the same way as Sapient was – what with their lack of clothing and the feral light in their eyes. She wondered if they had come from New Dawn, or if perhaps they had simply wandered far enough North to find themselves in need of shelter. The Sapien was more than able to offer it, and as they made their way through the forests she felt herself proud of her own kindness. She smoothed her stray curls beneath the gaze of the two men, and glanced towards Skana with a smile, ”You’re welcome! I think that you will like it there – and who knows, perhaps you will stay.” She adjusted the sleeves of her blouse methodically, and found herself wondering if perhaps the little trio would stay – Sapient would be glad for the able bodied men, and Skana looked more than capable.

”You mean to say he has always been this tame?” Akantha blinked her large eyes at Saul, the slow lumber of his gait causing the packs atop him to sway, ”I can’t imagine coming across him the forest and deciding to take him home with me.” Her tinkling laugh swallowed the group, and she caressed the edge of Florians cheek thoughtfully, ”If you ever find another one Sully, let me know.” She smiled at him, the fire in her eyes gleaming keenly, ”You have piqued my interest.” And it was true. Akantha had never been one to hunt for her own meals (unlike Semini, who insisted upon using her sling shot to kill game) and was used to having her food brought to her already cleaned and prepared. She couldn’t imagine Sully chasing through the woods only to discover the hulking animal – and beyond that to make the decision to save him.

”Florian is my first horse here – a gelding.” She patted his neck as if to apologize that he would never have the chance to reproduce, ”But perhaps one day I will have my mother send me some of her animals to start something in Sapient.” She gave a wag of her tail beneath her skirts, ”Though I am content with him – diplomacy and trade is my strength. I wouldn’t know where to start.” She chuckled, ”What do you do Skana?” She blinked, ”Or what did you do, before you all became wanderers?”

Akantha Amaranthe

Amanda

fortune favors the bold

Dead Topics