I never hurt anyone.

POSTED: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Her tier position was not at risk, but she knew that being a Lady was more than sitting at home or patrolling the borders. There was espionage, learning about other packs, finding new customs to adapt to their needs. Perhaps even setting up friendly relationships or learning more about hostile ones. Valencia had sat on her hands for long enough; she needed to prosper and flourish within the pack. Being a Lady forever would not suit her.

She had packed her bags and taken Vitalia with her for the journey to Vinatta. The Lady had packed food, reading material and gifts she could pass on to the leadership of the pack. To her understanding, the relationship between Courtiers and Vikings was cordial. Perhaps even more so now that Shiloh was residing within the Court. Even if Vinatta missed her, they would surely appreciate that she had chosen a new home for love.

The girl got to the borders faster than she had anticipated, though she had taken her time and not rushed herself or the horse. It was just past mid-morning when she got there and she paused atop her horse. Considering the borders for a moment before gently clucking to Vitalia and urging her mount forward. She stopped near to the border markings and raised her had to howl in greeting, as well as stating her intention to visit with a Vinattan if they had the time.

Hopefully, someone did.
Image credits on her Wiki!

POSTED: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:25 pm

OOC: I've waited long enough to see if someone else would jump on this. YOU'RE MINE NOW :D

Like a shawl fitting around her frame, life had settled itself around her again comfortably. Two months had passed since she had slipped out of Vinátta to visit her father in the Court. Two months since learning about Pascal. Two months since Shiloh revealed her intentions to stay behind.

Since then, she had not heard anything new. Nothing of the war, nothing of her half-brother. Nothing of her mother.

She told herself that no news was good; that if something happened to any of her family, she would get word from someone, somehow. This helped but still she worried. Thyri had taken to keeping busy in order to put her mind at ease. If she worked often and trained hard then she was simply too tired to think about much of anything. It had been an effective strategy and today had started out no different.

But as she patrolled the borders, axe slung upon her shoulder, the call that reached her large ears changed everything.

Thyri paused, listening. Her heart pounded against her chest and her throat constricted painfully. Why is a Courtier here? she wondered, fearing the worst. Did something happen? The young Araedi kicked up her pace and made directly for the sound of the call, her worries nearly strangling her with anxiety. To the best of her knowledge, the war was still waging on and Pascal was still lost.

When she approached the Lady atop her steed, Thyri slowed and lowered her weapon. Her pale eyes found the woman's icy azure pools, their depth reminding her of Shiloh's. "I'm Thyri Dawnbringer," she said by way of greeting, trying to keep the fear from her voice. She searched the woman's face for any signs of heaviness or distress. "Is everything okay in the Court? King Silvano and Shiloh are my parents..." Please tell me they're okay.

[WC: 308]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
Mate to Merlin Apothecary I Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:05 pm

YAY thanks for joining! <3

------------------------------------------------------

Her fingers wound around Vitalia's mane for a moment, then released, then repeated. It was a nervous gesture and one she normally would have stifled but no one was within visual range, so she didn't worry that it would be taken poorly. Valencia's heart was beating a bit faster in her chest. This was the first thing she had really done to work within her rank, instead of merely sitting there and having it but doing nothing really for the pack. It was something she wanted to change and she hoped that she would portray the Court well to Vinatta. The start felt soft anyway, though; the Vikings already thought well enough of her pack, as far as she was aware.

She stopped fidgeting before anyone was approaching, making sure she appeared poised and ready for whoever came. Whether it was their King or their lowest member, she had to treat them as if they were all of highest esteem. This was their territory, their land, their home. She would respect that and make sure she presented herself well. For the Court and for her own name, too.

The girl who came was fierce-eyed and ready for anything, it seemed, with weapon drawn. Valencia's heart accelerated again and she raised her hand to show she had meant no harm. Thyri Dawnbringer... the name didn't click until after the girl said who her parents were. "Oh! Mon dieu, I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. All is well, yes. Now, anyway. The war has ended with an armistice and a perpetual one at that we do hope." she said, dismounting and swaying her ears back briefly to show her further apologies.

"I'm Valencia Catori, Lady of Cour des Miracles. I had come to bring gifts and merely share information." she said with a faint smile.

Well, this had not started off the way she had hoped.

POSTED: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:38 am

So it was over. The war was over.

Relief slipped between Thyri's maw and she willed her tense muscles to relax. "You didn't scare me," she lied, straightening her posture and allowed a smile to touch her lips. The yearling's verdant eyes watched the Courtier slip easily from her mount's broad back. She was a pretty woman, confident and well-spoken. "I'm glad to hear the Court is currently at peace." And that everyone is well.

The Araedi dipped her nose at the Lady's introduction, her stunted ears twitching at the mention of gifts and information. "It's nice to meet you, Lady Valencia," she said, remembering the importance of the Court's use of honorifics. Her father lead a different culture in his pack compared to Vinátta, though it hadn't taken Thyri long to catch on to the use of addressing others appropriately. "I'm sure our Sannindi would like to talk to you. I'll take you to her and we can chat along the way," she suggested, gesturing into the pack with a flick of her head.

Cour des Miracles was friendly with the Vikings and, being as she had so much family in the Court, Thyri didn't feel it would be wrong to allow the Lady into their territory. She would assume responsibility for any trouble Valencia may cause, she decided confidently, and would remain her guide for as long as Florina allowed her to stay. "Has there been any news on Pascal?" Thyri asked, beginning toward Jordheim. She flicked her gaze back upon the Courtier. With the war ended and the packs at an armistice, she was hopeful there was some sort of resolution to Pascal's disappearance as well.

Just preferably not a tragic one.

[WC: 300]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:27 pm

She truly felt quite terrible for scaring Thyri about what had been happening in the Court. Still, she had done the best she could to repair that initial feeling. Even if the other female fibbed and said there had been no fear at all, which Valencia thought untrue. Of course she would not try and point that out. "I am glad, then." she said, though more than that she was relieved that it had been something easily fixed. "Both that I did not scare you and that the Court is safe. The war was... unpleasant." that was a gentle way of putting the stress of being at war.

"Merci beaucoup, you are most kind." she said with a smile, moving to walk near the Araedi with Vitalia following her. It wouldn't be polite to mount up again when her company was walking. Besides, her horse could use the rest since she had carried Valencia along with their gifts this whole way.

When asked about Pascal, she nodded. "Oui, he is home and safe. Though he was held captive for a time, it is my understanding that it was not by the Inferni clan." Val said. At least that was what she thought she had gathered since he had returned. She had not visited with her cousin since he had returned. Which actually reminded her that Thyri here was one of her cousins, too. Though everything about connection was not bloodline.

"How have things been here in Vinatta?"

POSTED: Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:12 pm

The woman, this Lady Valencia Catori, with the remorse in her cornflower blue eyes and the softness in her smooth voice, seemed a kind and virtuous Courtier. Her words put the yearling at ease and filled her with an immeasurable amount of elation. And then, somewhere in the depths of her heart, pride. Thyri felt sudden and profound pride for her father. "I hope I never experience it," she replied, this time truthfully. Warrior that she was, conflict and war were things to be avoided. If, as an Araedi, she could prevent as much then she always would.

Because just as she had no desire to experience war herself, she also wanted to protect her pack mates from such terrors.

Valencia seemed fluent in another language that Thyri thought she had heard before, deep within the confines of the Court, but didn't quite know. She flicked her stunted ears at the sounds, wondering what they meant. Something positive, she figured, considering the rest of her sentence. Curiosity perched on the very edge of her mind, the young Dawnbringer lead the Courtier toward Jordheim and resumed their conversation.

For the second time in a considerably short period of time, Thyri sighed with relief.

"Really? He's really home?" she asked her eagerly, turning to search her face for confirmation. She was not disappointed. But the revelation that Inferni had never had anything to do with his disappearance confused and surprised her. "Where was he then?" Thyri asked with a frown but wondered if she even knew. Perhaps that was a question best left for her parents. "Nevermind," she added quickly, looking ahead once more. It was not Valencia's responsibility to fill her in on such delicate matters. "I owe my parents a visit soon. I'll ask them."

When the conversation turned to Vinátta, Thyri glanced at the Lady again and smiled. "Good," she said pleasantly. "Better. We had a bunch of wolves from New Dawn here, after... you know." She paused briefly before continuing. "But most of them have healed and moved on by now." That was good, she supposed, though she found it odd how she rather missed their presence. Especially Altair, Fayne, and the pups. "Now we're just preparing for winter."

[WC: 377]

New Caledonia
DEAD
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

Dead Topics