When I come to life, you've got no place to hide

For Fire

POSTED: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:33 am

OOC - Thread with a member of Salsola you have not roleplayed with before: get to know their past, why they've chosen Salsola, and even how they feel about the pack, if they're willing to divulge such information. If you're new to the pack, seek out an established (Family and above) member and talk about the same issues. Pretty sure we were going to do this thread prompt though I could be wrong. Feel free to correct me if I am. +300 words.

MUSIC GIVES WINGS TO THE SOUL, AND TEACHES IT TO FLY

Each of the passing days were becoming much more routine. With Ondine taking care of things, and Weaver taking a bit of time to learn on his own, he had started to run out of things to do. It would be nice to have another lesson, though he would much rather just had Ondine somewhere within his presence. Perhaps her or another woman. It was also a bit lonely with Hyacinth not being around anymore. Now who would he mess with? Calla and Brocade? They weren't nearly as fun as his darker sister. He would have to hunter her down sometime and spend some more time with her. It would be nice to hear how she was doing now that she was a part of the family. He had to make sure that everything was still going as she deserved.

The tawny man's paws carried him around Salsola. Much like when he happened upon the slaves in the middle of their work, he allowed his body to determine where he would go to there. There was so much more to see and much more to learn. He would be part of the family soon enough, he just had to be patient, and a bit more proactive than he had been before. It would probably look bad on him to remain at such a low rank compared to those of his siblings. He had a goal in mind, and he planned to stick it.

No French emitted from his mouth this time, though a soft hum did. He played the music in his head that helped him to create more for his lute and new songs to draw others in. He needed something new, and he hoped he might be able to run across someone he would be able to try it out on.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena
Luperci Signorino Mate to Syringa

POSTED: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:56 pm

"And we will have to find you a Job," Hope said. Her voice was soft, but she was animated and warm beside Fire -- her sleeved arm linked in his dark one, her other hand occasionally coming to rest on his muscle as she talked. "Milite is the most obvious choice, if you can prove you can keep your temper." Her hand squeezed, and Fire exhaled shakily. He wasn't sure if she was teasing, but her eyes were wide, hopeful, earnest. "Although," she went on, oddly talkative, "I do not know who else might want that Job. I think Bane said only a certain number can hold them."

"Then what is the point?" Fire growled, his eyes downcast. The ground was cold and wet, and every step flattened the leaves beneath his claws. "If another Luperci will just take it first, then why bother?"

She gave him a worried little look, but he didn't return her glance. "I don't need a title to do a job," he rasped.

"This," Hope said, and she was teasing now, he realized, "is why it has taken you so long to become Family."

He snorted, then slowed when he spotted another figure through the trees. The fur of his shoulders and back rose, and a low growl rumbled in his scarred throat until another light touch from Hope brought him into reality. She sensed the restlessness in him and stepped away daintily, flashing him a smile not quite as confidant as she likely hoped it would be, and linked her hands together before her as the other Luperci wandered their way.

Fire pinned his ears and glowered at the other, frowning. "Hallo," he ground out, while Hope looked on uncertainly.
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Raze

POSTED: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:32 am

OOC - +300 words.

Weaver paused in his music crafting as he heard the voice coming from behind him. He stopped, slowing turning around to see the darker male and the lighter female at his side. The male was the one to speak, though he didn't seem to happy about running into the tawny man while he was out. Strange considering the two of them had never met before. Guess this was just as he acted. That seemed to be the case when he glanced over to the female, noticing her look of concern. He offered them both a hearty grin, adjusting his posture to focus on the black male, "Why hello mes amis. I do hope that you'll find I'm not as bad as you think I am." He gave a small chuckle at his own words before he relaxed himself.

The tawny man turned his attention over to the female. Weaver could never turn down a pretty face, though he knew he would have to be careful. With the two of them being so close to one another, it wasn't hard to guess that there was some kind of special bond between the two of them. He had to make sure he could be his usual self, but not to the point where he was stepping over the line. He moved closer to the woman's side, his grin curling up a bit more, "Might I have the honor of learning both your names?"

Weaver's green gaze turned up to the man every now and then, watching the way that his face changed. The hybrid kept his expression the same. There was no need for him to change it just yet. Things were going just fine, but he wasn't going to let his guard down just yet.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:41 pm

188 words Sorry for the wait on this!

That odd, flowery, nasal tongue that seemed to slur from the lips of many newcomers was unpleasant to Fire's ear—though the D'Angelo's hard, throaty language would likely sound equally harsh to the stranger. More than anything the friendliness of the tone bothered Fire for reasons twofold, and distrust darkened his gaze, burning into a sudden anger when the tawny hybrid sidled closer to Hope.

She seemed to sense his mood, for she gave him a little soothing look before returning the stranger's smile timorously. Her eyes did not quite meet his, and her hands remained linked before her. I am Hope, and this is Fire. We are Arbiter Bane's siblings, from Khalif.

You have not said who you are, Fire rasped. He sniffed in the other's direction, able to tell with an inhale that the other male was young, mix of breed, and no higher in rank than they. He smelled familiar in a sense, too, though it was subtle; his scent, or perhaps even that of his kin, must have lingered in Salsola's lands for a short time now.

Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Raze

POSTED: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:33 pm

OOC - +300 words.

There was certainly a lot of contrast between the two siblings, but he could see how their personalities worked well with each other. The white one helped to keep her brother calm when his attitude flared, while in turn he kept her safe. It was something that Weaver could respect, given his protective nature over his own sister, though she didn't do much of the same for him in return. Then again she really didn't need to. He was perfectly content as things were now. At least no one was trying to wrong her in any way.

The light woman kept her position against her brother's arm, though introduced herself and Fire. So they were siblings of Bane. He had already met Bane herself and one of her other siblings, which was Plague. So she had more of them. He wondered if there were more besides the four of them. It was possible. On the topic of their location, he had heard a little about the place, but not much. He admitted he had a bit of an interest in it, though given Fire's demeanor, they didn't seem the best fit to ask about such a thing. Probably better to save that for someone else. None the less, the smile moved up on his face, addressing Hope only for the moment, "Well it is a pleasure to meet both of you."

Green eyes moved over to the darker man as he soon spoke. The tawny man knew to be careful with his manner, but was not afraid of Fire. Just seemed to have a temper on him is all. Weaver gave a small chuckle, "Ah yes. Comment impoli de ma part. I am Weaver Valentine. Brother to Hyacinth if you have both met her yet."

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:15 pm

WC: 173
Sorry for the crappy post. :< We should probably have them move around and do something -- I don't do well with dialogue-only threads unless they're well underway... and my characters are awkward and quiet lol.

Smiles and pleasantries followed their introduction, and the greyish-tawny man offered his name: Weaver. He was the brother of another Salsolan, too -- though one that Fire did not personally know. Socializing was on the last thing on his mind; he cared only about Hope and keeping her safe, not playing the games that seemed so integral to one's place in the pack. As long as he pulled his weight and kept his head down, he wouldn't get in trouble; he wouldn't be cast out or burned.

Hope seemed at a loss for words, too; her white ears dipped down into dark hair, and her fingers fidgeted lightly where they linked in front of her belly. She was shy at the best of times, only coming out of her shell to a choice few -- Fire among them, and Loki (to Fire's utter distaste).

Just when Fire was about to make an excuse for them and move on, however, the pale she-wolf spoke softly. "What brought you to Salsola?"
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Raze

POSTED: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:06 pm

OOC - Problem somewhat fixed? XD +300 words.

The two siblings across from Weaver had grown silent on him after he gave his introduction. Guess that meant they hadn't met Hyacinth. If that was the case, then there probably was no point in asking if they had met his other two siblings. Weaver's eyes lingered on them, just watching them to see if they would do anything, but they kept to their normal positions. The tawny man's arms crossed, giving it a bit of thought before he spoke to the both of them again, "Why don't we all go for a walk? Just see where our paws take us?" Seemed like a pretty harmless idea, and it would be better than them just standing here. It would give some movement to their conversation. Weaver took a couple paces behind him, giving forth the way to his idea and being sure to keep in front of the two of them. He was sure that Fire would not like Weaver following behind them.

After the gap in the silence, Hope spoke once again, asking what brought the hybrid to Salsola. His muzzle turned up to the air, giving it a little thought on how to word his answer before glancing over his shoulder, "I followed my sister here. We come from a part of Canada that was in the middle of a gang war. Un tel mode de vie terribles. Hyacinth was to be betrothed to a rival gang male against her will. The two of us fled and came here." He gave a smile before he continued, "Then our other siblings ended up here as well, so we're all together again."

Green eyes lingered on the two again for a moment. He had spoken with a number of the D'Angelo's in Salsola now, but didn't really know where they came from or why they were here. He had heard briefly about their faith from Plague, or at least about the can tahs that they all wore. If they were going to learn about him, perhaps he could do the same in return, "What about you two? What brought you to Salsola?"

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

Dead Topics