If life were a fairytail....

Hati

POSTED: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm

OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

Liam had to admit that the house seemed to take on a more empty feeling each time he blinked. Amaranth had left told him not to worry she was going to find where their mother had come from. She hoped to find family and to figure out who she really was. Liam had not really agreed with this she was with child and she be home where he could protect her. Though the woman was determined to do as she pleased and off she went with a flick of her tail.

Now the house was mainly filled with Hati and Liam. Charlotte came in and out but even her presence seemed to dwindle. And the once mighty king he was a shadow a skeleton of who he once was. He had never notice just how much light his mother brought to them all. To the king most of all it was like she was his life force. He shook his head and looked at the fire place. Amaranth used to flinch as she stocked the fire. He remembered watching her once determined to do it but each crack of a flame or spark caused her to flinch. there was only one person who knew the reason and that was Niro. But it seemed even he had rotten luck after meeting his sister the man now crippled for the most part and left by his mate it was cruel and sad.

Sighing he moved to the ash ridden fire place. the fire long since dead since the Catori boy cared not for much. He looked to the wood a slowly filled the fire place. Lighting some kindling he built up the roaring fire. Where was he to go from here? What would his mother want from him?

Liam Catori
You showed me your smile and my cares were gone
Falling in love filled my soul with fright

Marie
Luperci I know a lot of useless trivia!
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:40 am

WC: 382

The days blurred together. Nothing distinguished one from the next; a consistent shade of grey, much like the cloudy skies above as autumn progressed. His family was crumbling, and there was nothing he could do to save them. Ayita's death led to Vigilante's catatonic state. That blow led to pregnant Amaranth leaving them, and her crippled mate, behind. Skoll moved out to the hotel, and Lottie was always busy with something -- did she ever have time for her brothers? No one else could be their father's favorite, not when she was always his star. Hati sighed wearily, running his fingers through his dark mane. He was so tired of it all. He wanted everything to be complete again, but it would only get worse. Ayita would never know how much she held them together, and how quickly they had disintegrated without her.

He padded silently through the house, always a shadow. Perhaps he would go the stables... but he had already been there earlier today, wouldn't Alder get sick of him? It seemed the stablemaster was his only friend in the world. Besides the horses, of course. He was sure Alder knew there was something deeply troubling his apprentice, but they were too formal to discuss such personal matters in depth. Hati didn't want to ruin what they already had, he valued Alder's presence too greatly. He could use someone to talk to, though. It was in this state he drifted to the living room with the fireplace, pale eyes settling on the crouched form of Liam.

Liam was carefully building the fire with kindling, filling the room with warmth and glow. Hati studied him, feeling the familiar pang of longing and resentment as the firelight illuminated the chestnut-brown hues of his older brother's pelt. Liam looked so much like their late mother, and was able to carry on her work as a medic. He was one of the few that remained bound to their house, perhaps over guilt for having strayed to another pack over the summer. Hati vowed not make that mistake, although his loyalty was wavering now that his family ties had been so weakened. He fingered the cold silver pendant around his throat, before clearing his throat to announce his presence. Maybe they were not so different.
Table by Alli!
Last edited by Hati Catori on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hati Catori
He is always seen wearing his moon necklace.
Hati may be accompanied by his niece, Esper.
(Art by Raze, Signature by Sie.)
My avatar rotates; credit here.

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu
Luperci Page Matchmaker: Romeo and Juliet Couple with Edgar!

POSTED: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 pm

OOC herpderp? / +yo numbah!

The smell of fresh burning wood filled the room. it reminded him of his mom and he missed her just a little bit more at this moment. Liam had to keep himself calm as he sat there. Not wanting to fall apart the young man started to stand shaking his head he huffed again. He turned around and looked at Hati. the young male stood there looking at Liam and all he could do was look back at him.

Hati It seemed dumb but he wasn't sure what to say to the young man. He knew that they were all dealing with this in different ways. He knew that it would take time for them to all be right again. He wanted everything to be right again. His mother home cooking their father leading boldly but that was not the way of life.

How are you doing? He asked. He knew the young man had started getting close to Amaranth and then she chose to up and leave them.

Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:47 pm

sorry i am a slow butt! | WC: 328

"Liam," he responded, nodding politely. The firelight played on their faces, reflecting in their eyes and dancing light and shadows across their matching blue irises, and the one odd green hue that stood out. Hati liked the smell of woodsmoke, it reminded him of half-forgotten puppy memories of winter. Playing in the snow with his littermates, then coming inside to warm up and dry off in front of the fire... If only things could be that simple again.

He moved to take a seat nearby, idly folding his hands on his lap as he watched the fire. "I'm fine," he replied automatically to the question asked, though he grew tense thinking of what this house used to mean to him. Only his tail betrayed the tumultuous emotion he was concealing, as it flicked back and forth in agitation. He glanced back to Liam, trying to decide if it was worth talking to this older brother he barely knew. Maybe they were alike, but in a detrimental way, the same way Hati was like their father. Too reserved to open up. He could not handle rejection at this point, not after Amaranth left so soon, but he decided to try anyway.

"Do... you think Amaranth will send word when the pups are born...?" he asked in a subdued tone. He assumed Liam knew their sister was pregnant, since she had been willing to talk about it. It had been a small ray of hope, knowing there was new life on the way... and that hope had been snuffed out when headstrong Amaranth decided she would rather travel than be stuck at home. Knowing they had never caught the criminals that attacked their mother or Niro, knowing that evil lurked in the wilderness... would he ever see the red husky again? It was morbid, but such was the reality he lived in. He was too honest to try and lie to himself, even if it would make him feel better.
Table by Alli!
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:03 pm

Liam turned standing up. I'm glad that you are well He spoke looking to the young man. He smiled as he asked about Amaranth. I don't see why you care about her she left us. He spoke. He knew she had gone for her own reasons. Liam wanted to have everything back to normal. He was sick of watching everyone around him hurting.
She wrote, saying she'd found green wood. He said holding out the letter. He wanted to make Hati happy this was one thing he could do. He could force Amaranth to talk to him for the sheer fact of keeping hati happy and looking to the future. Though there were still parts that annoyed him.
Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:03 am

WC: 409

Hati winced, reminded that he had felt that way about Liam not so long ago. Desertion, even betrayal had come to mind when his older brother went off on his own, but he wasn't upset about that anymore. Liam did come back, after all. Maybe he was just hoping Amaranth was going to change her mind and come back soon, so he wouldn't have to accept that she left him too. He saw that Liam was smiling, though... his older brother wasn't upset, merely probing him for a response. He licked his lips anxiously, trying to choose the right words to explain himself.

"I don't know... I wasn't that close to her, really. But it was nice having her around... It's so quiet here." He managed a rueful half smile, though it didn't quite reach his pale eyes. Usually he preferred the quiet, but he hadn't been in the mood to read books for a long time now. Then Liam offered him the letter, and he blinked in surprise. It didn't quite register for a moment, and then he remembered Niro's birds, how he had trained them to perform tasks such as finding a specific person. He grasped the paper and held it toward the firelight, quickly skimming the contents. Green Wood, that was the name of his mother's birth pack. It was real. The way she had spoken of it, it sounded as though it had been destroyed... that she and Zafier had been the only survivors. But there was another branch of the Catori family, alive and thriving.

Hati looked back to Liam, startled by the news. "Th... that's... that's such good news. She got there okay, and... and the Catori family..." Tentatively he offered the letter back to his brother, breathing a sigh of relief. "I didn't know how far away they were, or, or if they were still around. That's so... Well, it's lucky, I don't know how she managed to hunt them down, and being with child at the same time," he stammered, running his fingers back through his mane out of habit. He was happy for her. At the same time, though, he knew it meant he wouldn't see Amaranth for a long time. It sounded like she wanted to stay there, maybe permanently. What would the Catori clan be like? He was curious himself, since he could not even remember Uncle Zafier. "Green Wood," he repeated softly, looking pensively into the fire.
Table by Alli!
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Sorry for the crap post before I've been so dead.

IC
Liam moved about the room for a moment finding himself a lovely place to sit. He couldn't help but smile at Hati. He was right it was silent in the bachelors home. The two young males were the only one left in their parents home. He had been surprised that his sister had chosen now to leave and was also shocked that she had found their mothers home land. Its fine to miss her I'm just prying.

Liam huffed a bit It seems like they are not to far away from us. She talked about only having to travel an extra seven days or so. He spoke. he could tell how shocked Hati was to hear that Amaranth had done it. the young woman had learned a few things from her once mate and that helped Liam stay in contact to the girl. She says there are so many there that they welcomed her more then uncle Zafier. She says they don't care that she's part dog. She has a place to stay and they care for her He spoke. He hoped that maybe they would help her. Maybe they could fix her and make her not broken.

He leaned back on the couch and smiled. He wondered what she was going to there and if she would ever return. Just think of all the things she could learn. He mused.
Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:50 am

aww, no worries! I am assuming Amaranth did not tell Hati who the father was, but I will edit this post if she did. ;> | WC: 381
"I do miss her now. She was really trying to fix things," he added with a slightly sour look, glancing away to stare down the hallway. So quiet, so empty. It would have been so uplifting to have Catori puppies born here -- he would finally have a turn at being a big brother. Or uncle, really, since they would be his sister's children. He wondered whether Niro would want to be with her again once he met the pups... or, could they not be his? He was bedridden, right? Perhaps that was the troubling gleam in Amaranth's eyes, the wayward look that hinted she was hiding something. Infidelity would be a black mark on their family, but Hati would have loved the children all the same. He wondered if Heiro and Tasha had decided to stay with their father, or follow their mother to meet their new siblings.

He sank slowly onto the furniture, curling his legs up beneath him and wrapping his plumed tail around his knees. "Liam, maybe we should plan a trip to visit... we could check it out ourselves. If it's that close... a week's travel, we could even shorten that on horseback..." He let his soft voice trail off, blue eyes transfixed on the slow dance of the firelight. Part dog, was that a concern of his? Of course, the Green Wood pack would be timber wolves, but Hati had not considered their mixed breed would condemn them in some way. Here in Cour des Miracles it was celebrated.

"Did you know Uncle Zafier well? What was he like?" he asked then, pale gaze curiously studying Liam's mismatched eyes. Hati could remember the name, but so many of those early days were lost to him, a hazy string of half-forgotten bits and pieces. His father and uncle had gone to war, fighting the tribe. Some of their own had been kidnapped, or... something like that. He knew Liam had been around to help their mother, but Hati clung to her so inseparably that he really couldn't remember much other than his mother. And of course, Skoll and Charlotte filled his waking hours with playtime and exploration, distracting him from the seriousness of the world he had been born into. Who had his mother's brother been?

Table by Alli!
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

POSTED: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:44 am

Liam smiled as he looked at his younger brother. I'm not sure by what she means by an extra seven days travel though Hati. He spoke looking at the letter. Amaranth was a bad judge of distance. Maybe she meant from the northern most pack? Or maybe from where her and Niro vanished to last. Maybe she miss wrote he remembered his mother talking about how long it had taken her. He huffed for a moment rubbing his chin.

I'll have to write her to get a better judgement of location. he spoke. there was no need to go out get lost and come back looking like to idiots with no results. Maybe he could ask Niro maybe he'd have an idea. Then again may the pups she carried were not his. He sighed looking at hati.

i did not know him as well as I would have liked. He spoke looking at him. He was a good man though set in his twisted ways but in the end he died for you. He spoke closing his eyes. You were so little almost newborns when war was upon us. Mom had to go to the old house and Zafier went with her. they were attacked and to protect mom so you could live he fought and fended them off. though he lost his life. Bi colored eyes fell to the ground. Amaranth had always been closer to Zafier then he. Amaranth took it the worst because Zafier had taken her under his wing though he believed so wholeheartedly that mix breed were scum. He showed Amaranth Training that he and mother received things i never knew mom knew. But that was mother poised a true Queen at heart.
Liam Catori

Marie
Knight in Shining Armour

POSTED: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:23 am

Figured I should post an ending for this one. ;) I'd love to have a newer thread though, lots to catch up on! | WC: 360

Hati gazed glumly into the fire, resigned to the truth Liam spoke. They really had no idea where Amaranth was. Maybe it was on purpose, so that their sister could remain independent from Cour des Miracles and have her youngest litter know only Green Wood. He attempted a half-smile when Liam mentioned asking for directions, knowing the medic meant well and was probably trying to cheer him up. The fire crackled and sparked, specks of light dancing along the walls of the room.

Uncle Zafier... Set in his twisted ways... Hati pondered that as his elder sibling continued, trying to imagine his mother's brother as anything but sweet and kind and loving. In his mind's eye the late Catori looked exactly like Ayita, a male twin with the same crystal-blue eyes. Or rather like Liam, sitting before him. His ears flicked back in surprise at the harsh condemnation -- mixed breed scum -- and faltered, surprised at such a strong conviction. Perhaps he was sheltered here at the Court, because they celebrated families coming together regardless of race or creed. He had never felt estranged from dogs or wolves, because he shared blood with both. Zafier... was an enigma. At least it sounded like he had grown to love his nieces and nephews, even if he had trepidation at first.

A shiver ran down his spine when he thought of his uncle dying in combat. Hati could never be that brave, although... he would have tried, if it was for his mother. Hati smiled sadly at Liam's last statement. Their parents were both regal -- Vigilante in title, Ayita in spirit. "Thank you for talking to me," he murmured quietly. Amaranth wasn't the only one working to hold together the last pieces of their broken home. Liam, in his own subtle way, seemed to be trying as well. "You'll let me know if you get another letter, right? I... I think I need to be alone," he mumbled, rising in one fluid movement and exiting. It was awkward to speak so candidly, but perhaps with time it would get easier. He couldn't afford to be distant from yet another sibling.

Table by Alli!
Hati Catori

Freiherr (NPC)
Miyu

Dead Topics