Teach Your Children Well

Pack Meeting - Non-Mandatory

POSTED: Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:26 pm

The young Lune had awoken that morning feeling a strange set of feelings he had never quite felt or understood before now. In his body he felt pride for not himself, but for another – or rather two others – but at the same time a sense similar to loss filled his heart. The morning was meant to bring happiness to his pack, even a feeling of hope for the future, but instead the Lune slowly got up from bed, kissing his mate on the forehead and began preparations with a heavy heart.

It did not take him long to get dressed but the longest part about his morning was always grooming. Running a bone comb through his tattered hair every morning was such a tiring task, particularly since he knew that later that day he would end up covered in dirt, water, and other things from his duties like every day before. As Lune through, he had to at least try to remain presentable for pack meetings. If he showed up to present a mentor to Armani looking messy he was certain Grynn would kill him silently in the middle of the night.

Finally satisfied that he looked presentable he exited the old bathroom to find Lyris gathering the girls together. Silently he watched his family and the ball in his throat grew. Indi and Teagan had reached almost five moons of life now and were no longer the helpless blind pups that he and Lyris had guarded away from the world. Today marked their first promotion in the pack and their first steps out of puppyhood. Soon enough they would be assigned their mentors and begin to learn more about the world than they ever could have imagined. All too soon after today they would shift and more than likely move out of the faded yellow house that Luca never thought he would call a family home.

Taking a shakey step into the living room he plastered on a fake smile. “Girls, girls!” He scolded lightly. “Listen to your mother and get ready already. It would be embarrassing if I called the pack and my own daughters held us up!” He was sure that they would probably be the first ones in, begging their mother to let them go as soon as he left the house and bashing through the door the second he called. Walking up to Indi, who was practically bouncing off the walls with excitement he leaned in and kissed her on the head, turning to Teagan he repeated the action. “I have to go now but I love you girls.” Walking towards the door he turned, giving his mate a wink and one final comment before he exited the house, “Good luck.”

With the sun peeking over the forest and the Fort walls he knew that many of his pack mates would be wide awake and awaiting the call. It was rare that a mentor ceremony did not bring in a large crowd, they only happened once or twice a year after all and the mentors-to-be never knew in advance who they were. With such a large number puppies entering the youth ranks many would be given the opportunity to educate the young minds.

Entering the Courthouse he paused briefly, taking a deep breath. “Come on Luca…you can do this.” He whispered to himself and the Great Hall. He was far from the first father in Casa and he would not be the last father to see his pups grow up. Raising his golden muzzle into the air he called for the Cavaliers to gather, and then he waited.

OOC: Ann, Alex and Song - Assumed a lot so please let me know if I need to change anything. 603 words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Sailor Tier I The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:08 pm

excuse my ramblebamble, looks all good to me Mel, let me know if mine is alright as well Song & Alex!! <3 wooo go babies (+500)

She had woken long before the sun rose. The night terror was muffled and faint, but it still roused her from what may have been a peaceful slumber woken by the gentle touch of light on her eyes. She had not had a nightmare for a long time, and while the one that had occured was nowhere near as vibrant or rattling as they used to be, she was unsettled. Lyris, however, understood why it had happened. Indi and Teagan were still her daughters, but they would now have mentors. They did no longer need to be watched all hours on the clock, and they were independent. They would shift in a month, give or take, and in some twisted way she felt like her daughters were being taken from her.

Despite awakening, Lyris lay in the bed, scarred cheek resting on her arm. She watched the gentle rise and fall of Luca's chest, hoping that it may lull her back to darkness, but with no success. Her mate rose at dawn, and Lyris closed her eyes briefly at his gentle kiss. Even after he had gone to prepare, it took her several minutes of hyping herself up before she stood and slipped into the girls' shared bedroom, yawning with still-sleepy eyes. They were sleeping in a pile again, so that it was unclear where Indi's fiery splotches began and Teagan's charcoal back ended. Lyris urged the sisters awake and began their quick baths. When Luca arrived to bid them farewell the Corpo was just finishing drying off Teagan while Indi had bounded off to some corner of the room, the excitement bubbly bright in her eyes and voice. Teagan was scarce any better; she held still only long enough to be dried before joining her littermate in their joyous fantasies of what the ceremony would be like. Luca kissed them a gentle goodbye, and at his wish of good luck, the mother only rolled her eyes. "You as well." And then he was gone, and Lyris was rushing to finish preparing both herself and the rest of the Stryder-Knights for their eventful day. The Cavallo was only relieved she didn't need to do much for her hair; having it so short was a relief, as it usually did itself every morning. Despite, Lyris wetted her fingers and ran them through her mane to spike it to perfection and then tied her cloak around her throat. About that time Luca's call resounded, and Lyris had to snap a bark to call Teagan and Indi to her so that they did not scratch at the door. With a huff, Lyris opened the door, and they were off.

She gave her daughters the quick run-down on their prance towards the Great Hall. Lyris had only been in Casa long enough to see one other mentor ceremony, but she remembered the basics and what the pups needed to know, so she relayed all she could. Indi and Teagan eagerly soaked in the information, but their walk was short-lived, as they entered the Great Hall not moments after the Stryder had finished her explanation. A reverence resounded throughout the Hall, as they were some of the first to arrive. Shushing the girls once more, Lyris herded them to their place. Then they stood, the last time they would remain as a simple family of mother, father, and children. Responsibilities would soon be given, one unto all.

Lyris Stryder
Casa di Cavalieri
DEAD
Ann
Luperci Mate to Luca Stable Master The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw 2013, 2015 SoSuWriMo Champ! Stryder
princess cut from marble
smoother than a storm
these scars that mark my body?
SILVER & GOLD

POSTED: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:41 pm

(+591)

She had tossed and turned all night, waking up for reasons she could not understand before being lulled back to sleep by her sister’s comforting warmth. When she rose in the morning, it would be a step closer towards adulthood. She had been excited at the prospect, but, dare she say it, she was also afraid. What would happen if she messed up? What consequences were there? None, none at all, she had been reassured by her parents. There was no way she could fail. It was a simple ceremony, a traditional show of graduation from one period of life to another. That was all. She had nothing to fear, because she had nothing to lose.

So, it had been with a mixture of excitement and anxiousness that she woke the morning of the big day. Unlike all the other days where there was an important event to be had, this one was different. It wasn’t a day about just anybody, it was about them! She and Indi and the other pups! Though she hated the spotlight, she was excited for her sister. Teagan allowed her mother to bathe her without much of a fuss up for once, and scampered excitedly over Luca as he got their attention. “Yes, Daddy!” She giggled obediently, unaffected by his scolding. She laughed when he kissed her, and held her tongue from begging to be taken with him. “Love you too!” She chimed before becoming distracted with Indi. She heard him leave, but her attention on her sibling kept her from sulking about it.

“What do you think it’ll be like, Indi?” the young Stryder playfully made to shove her smaller sibling, wanting to engage in some childish play to burn off the excitement that threatened to overwhelm her. “Do you think it’ll be like the stories Momma and Daddy read to us?” Her eyes nearly sparkled at the idea. Knights swinging their swords and felling dangerous foes as they traveled the countryside in order to save some unfortunate damsel—of course, she and her sister were the knights in her fantasy world, not the helpless princesses. To think, she’d have a teacher soon that would teach her how to fight!

When their father’s beckoning call rang for all to hear, Teagan bolted for the door with an enthusiastic bark. The poor wooden door was spared until another day only thanks to Lyris’ quick thinking. Once the obstacle was removed though, there was nothing to stop the dynamic duo from making a beeline to the courthouse. Teagan laughed and nipped at the tail of her faster sister, whose lithe frame made her better for running than Teagan’s own bulkier one.

Along the way, their mother reminded them of the motions, curtsies, and the do’s and don’t’s that would be expected of them. Teagan nodded eagerly and distractedly, having committed it all to memory from the previous night. The normally sedate pup was energized with the prospect of the unknown, of a new challenge that she would have to conquer. Lyris quieted the two girls of their excited prattle as they finally arrived at their destination.

Before crossing the threshold, Teagan took a deep breath, gathering her nerves and resolve so that she could present an image of control and calm. She held her head high and stood tall as Lyris showed them to their places. Secretively, Teagan gave her sister one last look of reassurance, perhaps more for herself than for Indi. This was it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:22 pm

Sorry for the wait <3 Assumed a bit when expanding on Tea and Indi playing, tell me if you want it changed Song/Ann [323]

Despite the hurricane of nervous excitement building up inside Indi, she was oddly quiet that morning; the babbling brook that was usually her mouth dammed up for once. Instead the young canine was hyper-attentive to everything around her, her eyes twitching from target to target almost as much as the rest of her body fidgeted and wriggled to try and let off energy. Even Luca’s half-joking chide – which would have normally provoked a sometimes-falsified outraged denial – simply garnered him an impish grin.

Her silence was broken when Tea scampered up to her, “Yeah!”she crowed confidently, the ’I hope so’ flickering by silently and almost unnoticed. “It’s gonna be awesome! We’re gonna be awesome!” she continued, chest puffing up proudly until Tea’s playful shove deflated her again.

Indi spent most of the time up until the event itself alternating between darting around the house and playing with Tea. Her fantasies took a rather similar path to Tea’s, and soon she had them roaming around the house battling imaginary monsters (an event that was sadly cut short when Lyris took exception to her tail being cast the part of a dragon and drove them away with a bark). When the call she had been waiting for finally arrived Indi rocketed out of the house alongside and then ahead-of Tea, too excited to slow herself down to lope alongside her sister like she usually did. It was only when she reached the door itself that she paused and waited for Tea to catch up before continuing, tail perked proudly as she crossed the threshold to a new chapter of her life side by side with her sister.

POSTED: Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:25 pm

Grynn poked at her daughter as she pulled back her hair. The young girl seemed un entertained as she sat there groaning at each tug. While most days Armani didn't argue with her mother it seemed today would be the day she would. "Mother my hair is fine" She huffed as she tried not to sound to annoyed. but she was.

Armani tried to get up as she felt her mothers forceful grip forced her back down. "Five more minutes. This is an important ceremony Armani. She spoke as the girl huffed. "I'm not wearing a dress She huffed. Grynn chuckled as she finished putting the last few pieces of hair into place. She releases the small child and smiled as she stood up. "Get dressed and meet me here." She spoke as she started brushing her hair.

Grynn pulled on her fox fur cloak and situated herself. She smiled looking through the broken mirror. She fixed her hair and righted herself. She was so happy as she looked to her daughter pulling on her clothing. Armani grew up so fast and now Grynn was sad in a way. Her baby was no longer a baby, now she was a young woman who didn't really need her parents. She held on for a moment as the girl pulled on her own cloak. It had no fur it was just a simple outer shell to keep more warmth on her.

Grynn Smiled as she opened the door. "Your father is meeting us there. She spoke as she allowed her to walk out first. Slowly the pair made their way to the main housing of the fort. There members had already begun gathering. Armani smiled as she looked to her cousins. She was so happy today she'd get her mentor and today she would stand before all proud of herself.

Grynn stepped closer to Lyris as she smiled. "They grow all to fast" she spoke softly as she waited for Luca to speak.

Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Scout, Blacksmith The Brotherhood: Master of Stealth

POSTED: Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:05 pm

The silence was daunting and his ears searched for the tiny sounds that came from living in a communal space. Below him canines shuffled at his call, doors opening and closing behind them. From the kitchen area Jonas’ cranky face emerged while Isaac, bloody apron tied around his waist, leaned against his brother with a large grin. Slowly others joined the growing group and Luca was not surprised to see his daughters barrel through the doors with their mother nearly running behind them. The sight of his family helped him breath again.

When it seemed like everyone had arrived the young Lune spoke up, “Attention.” He said awkwardly. “Can I get everyone’s attention to the front.” He would have to work on getting the packs attention. How did Jazper and Alistair do it? “As you all know our Apprenticeship Ceremony is an important step for the young Cavaliers of our pack. It’s a stepping stone for pups in growing up, learning about our customs and figuring out where they fit within our family. We have a rather large group receiving mentors today and among them may be our future hunters, scholars, diplomats and warriors.”

Pausing for a moment he searched the crowd, “Can I have Armani and Isobel to the front please.” He asked, golden eyes finding Veri and Grynn in the large meeting. Silently he waited while the two girls made their way to the front to stand beside him. “We’ll begin with Isobel.” He stated, watching the youth squirm forward. “I am sure Isobel has long been waiting to receive her mentor. She is an enthusiastic and eager to please young lady who has watched and learned about healing from her mother. Today I name her Apprentice to Sophia Knight. Sophia is daughter to our founder and an impressive warrior with years of experience to share.” Sophia’s red coat emerged from the crowd to take her place beside her new Apprentice.

“Armani.” Luca began, looking down at his niece. “You’re mother is a member of the Brotherhood so you already have a very strong female role model in your life, however Casa di Cavalieri prides itself on our strong females. It is my pleasure to assign you as Apprentice to Lola. Lola will teach you all you need to know about being personable and diplomatic while being able to protect yourself and your family.” Red hair caught his attention before her silvery fur came out of the shadows and into the spotlight beside her new Apprentice. Luca had not spoken much to the ex-Lead Diplomat since she had taken residence in the Sugar Woods but she was still a knight of the Brotherhood and he knew she would teach Armani well.

OOC: 453 words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:14 pm

Crappy post woo -- +266

The call for assembly went up, and Cal was quick to respond, because he knew exactly what was happening. His own mentor ceremony was fondly remembered, and the result of it had helped shape him into the wolf he was today. He had mourned that his own boys would not receive mentors as youths living in New Dawn, because he felt that it was important that the young be taught by more than just their parents. Not that they had been neglected where education was concerned; it just was not made as much a thing as within Casa.

With Veyra on his heels, Cal hurried upstairs, arriving just in time for Luca to call for attention to the front. He stopped and put his arm around his mate, listening as his little friend Isobel and Armani were called to the fore. After a short introduction for each, Isobel was paired to Sofia, and his niece to Lola.

While it had been some time sice he spoke to Lola, or to his aunt Sofia for that matter, the pairings did not seem off to him -- but then he had never been the one choosing the Mentors to pair with the respective Apprentices. He watched as the silver, burgandy haired wolfess and his russet-furred aunt took their place next to their respective charges, and then turned his eyes to the crowd, wondering which children would be paired to whom.

The only thing he could say for certain was that it was unlikely he would be among those adults chosen, because he had not yet reached Famiglia ranking.

Callum Knight
Callum Knight

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Officer (NPC)
Katie
Luperci Pupsitter White Knight Rage, rage against the dying of the light

POSTED: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:34 pm

The crowd cheered for the two new pairs of Mentors and Apprentices and as the calls began to die down Luca drew a hand up to motion for those at the front to make their way back into the pack gathering. Bringing the same hand up to call for silence he readied himself for what was about to come. “Indi, Teagan. Front and centre.” He spoke more casually, the names he and Lyris had called their once tiny balls of fur leaving his lips. As his bi-colored children pushed their way through the crowd and arrived at the front their father waited for them to sit and wait for him to begin.

Once it seemed his children were settled, or as settled as they could be given it was their first presentation in front of the pack, he began to speak again. “Indi.” He spoke, his eyes making contact with her big blue oceans. “Your energy is unmatchable by any other Cavalier here today.” He jested with a smile. “You need someone who can teach you patience while putting that energy to good use to better the pack. We believe that wolf should be Lorenzo.” Her great Uncle would surely have his hands full with the rambunctious youth but given his experience within the pack Luca was certain he would maintain at least some control. “Lorenzo has been a member of Casa for a long time and has handled his fair share of trouble. Hopefully you give him a run for his money.”

Turning his attention to Teagan he continued to smile in reassurance to his girls. “Teagan. You are much quieter than your sister but ever bit as curious and eager. You need someone who will help you find the answers and encourage you to realize your potential. Sylvie is full of experience and has experience with the world beyond that of most here in Casa. She will teach you all she knows.”

OOC: 324 words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa

POSTED: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:58 am

OOC: Jace, lemme know if you want me to change my little references to Lorenzo. :D WC: 474

IC:
Sylvie was in the fort when the call to gather went out and she headed up to the courthouse. She was fairly certain that she had gone to a mentor ceremony before, but she could not remember the details. Perhaps it was because she was never chosen as a mentor, which made sense, given her rough beginnings with the pack. The trouble with the Syndicate from Halifax made her think that some of the members of the pack she worked so hard for might still hold a grudge against her. It was because of the way they tossed around memories of her former family as reasoning to kill off the Syndicate.

However, it was always fun for her to see the excited looks on the puppies' faces as they were assigned to their mentors. It was also interesting to see who was chosen; some of the canines did not necessarily seem like they would be good with kids, but Sylvie knew that their leaders would never match up someone with a puppy he or she could not handle.

With her cloak around her shoulders, Sylvie met Julien and Lorenzo on the way in. Since she and Julien were both short, she made sure that they were at least close enough to the front that they could both see and she stood right in front of Lorenzo since he could easily see over her head. She was not sure if Xavier would be around for this ceremony, but today, she decided she would not try to force him to be among his packmates. He mostly willingly attended her mateship ceremony, and so she would be content with that.

Sylvie tried to catch Luca's eye and give him an encouraging look before he started the ceremony. The couple of times she had been up in front of the whole group were nervewracking and he had to do it much more often than she did. She listened as he began the ceremony and smiled as the first puppies were matched with their mentors. She was not too familiar with them, but she wished them well.

Next up were her unofficial protege's puppies. Sylvie looked at Indi and grinned up at Lorenzo as he was chosen to be her mentor. He would be good and she looked forward to watching him chase a puppy around. Her attention then turned to Teagan as Luca spoke at her and she nearly missed that her own name had been called. Her back straightened and her eyes widened in surprise. Julien bumped her with his elbow and she quickly made her way to the front where she stood next to Teagan as the previous mentors had done. Sylvie smiled down at Teagan and gave her an affectionate, gentle nudge with her leg, and then she looked to Luca for the next step.
Sylvie Agnès

POSTED: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:11 pm

(+706)
Eeeeeeeee~! Also, sorry this is so long Dx

Teagan’s canary eyes shifted about as more gathered within the Great Hall. It felt different for once, to be one of the event’s participants versus a mere onlooker. She felt nervous, having never been the center of such a large crowd’s attention before. She would occasionally look to her koi-colored littermate, checking to make sure she wasn’t isolated in her feelings. When her Auntie Grynn and her cousin strode in, Teagan offered a nervous smile in return to Armani’s as she took up her place amongst those gathered. Isobel and her mother joined not long after, but, Teagan didn’t know the mahogany-furred girl well enough to give her more than an acknowledging glance.

When everyone that was going to show up arrived, her father began the ceremony. The Poco—no, Lotta now—did her best to listen to what her father had to say and not have his words become glazed over from disinterest in what she felt was a long introduction speech. It was important, and, she would have to start paying attention now that she was getting older and gaining certain responsibilities.

The two oldest girls were brought forward first, and the Crescita’s charcoal ears twitched with interest as her father talked about the two shifted girls and gave them a mentor each. Their chosen mentors strode to the front as well as they were called upon, and the young Stryder did well to put their names to memory this time around. She had dismissed all “unimportant” adults in the past, but, that ideology had backfired on her and left her with more trouble than it had benefited her. What good did it do to know a face, but not a name? Besides, it would help her know where she could find the others of her rank if she needed to. Pups had to stick together, after all.

When it seemed the Lune’s speech had finished about the two girls, Teagan let her gaze wander once more as everyone clapped and cheered for the paired couples. She was pleased to find that her Uncle Callum and her Aunt Veyra had joined the gathered. Searching the rest of the attendants though, she failed to find any of her older, boy cousins. The din died down, and the Stryder’s gaze snapped to the front again, not wanting to be caught unawares.

Her father beckoned the siblings, and, after one last look at her sister, Teagan strode to the forefront. She sat, as they had rehearsed, and her father began with Indi, giving her away to their great uncle. The grey relative came forward, and Teagan smiled, happy for her sister as she tried to imagine what her mentorship would be like with Lorenzo. Her attention was called away from her musings though as her name was announced. The cream-coated child sat up a bit, her ears falling timidly as her father spoke of her in front of everyone present.

She tried to appear unbothered though, searching for faces that were familiar to her to distract her from her racing heart and thoughts. When her mentor was named, Teagan was broken from her reverie. Miss Sylvie?! She perked up at this, looking from her father to searching for the archer somewhere in the crowd. She had been so afraid that she might be put with someone she didn’t know. Had her parents known that she had interacted with the coyote before? Or had it been a mere coincidence?

The scarred woman finally appeared in her view, and Teagan’s tail shyly wagged behind her, trying to hide her overwhelming excitement of actually knowing her mentor before they were paired in the ceremony. The Lotta’s canary gaze followed the woman, her mismatched ears slowly pricking forward until Sylvie stood beside her. The given smile was returned with a bashful, but beaming one, and the nudge broke the smile into a grin. Teagan couldn’t have been happier with who she had been partnered with! Sylvie’s gaze shifted, taking Teagan’s grin with it. The child gathered herself once more, and waited for her father to initial the the next step of the ceremony.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics