[M] One by one, baby, here they come

P. Haunt | Halcyon Mountains

POSTED: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:11 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

They spent the better part of the day shuffling through the snowy territory, keeping the ocean shore always to their right. It lead them dutifully onward, deeper and deeper into these foreign land, and encouraged them to stop a while at what appeared to be a trading post. It was small and its items undesirable.
"Come," she told the enormous black dog at her side, flicking her cerulean eyes distastefully around the Outpost before leading him back through the gate. "We haven't anything to trade and this junk is deplorable."

The dog passed his eyes from stall to stall, letting them hover over jars containing what he assumed to be liquor, before offering the woman a grunt and following after her wolverine-fur cloaked figure. "We should have asked them for information, Zella."
The woman twisted her head around sharply, clear blue eyes as cold as the darkness of space. The towering man narrowed his eyes, teeth grinding. "Lady Marcella," he corrected and tried to keep the disgust out of his booming voice.

Marcella stared at him a while longer, thinking, before flicking her head around again. Her dark mane spun with the movement and settled once more over the agouti pelt of her cloak. Above them, a hawk passed over the sun and draped her in a shadow. "We shall find better answers and play fewer games from others," she answered him at last, glancing upwards before resuming her pace along the shore. "Besides, I believe your skills will be far better suited outside that corralled trading post with its tedious rules, Drachev." When she looked at him again, it was with gentleness.

But Kazimir Drachev knew better. There was no gentleness in this woman. And while he knew he was no saint, she was purely wicked.

The pair of them carried on, skirting around a territory that smelled of salt and pine and passing through a old, crumbing human establishment before finding themselves at the base of a mountain. All the while, the shape of a hawk and that of an eagle followed them lazily, disappearing and reappearing at random intervals. Marcella pursed her lips and frowned at the sky, its aging sun sinking slowly to the death of another day. "We'll camp here," she told the man. "Send Sidonia with word we've arrived."
A thrill of excitement curled her lips and Drachev offered a grin of his own.

They had arrived.

[WC: 407]
Last edited by Marcella Fauks on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:03 pm

OOC - +400 words.

Tak was the ruler of the night. His blood red gaze watched over everyone, waiting to swallow them whole. His hunger was greater than any threat there ever could be in the world. Anyone from the mountain knew that better that anyone else. Everyone was blind to his rule. Haunt and Horror knew the horror of his wrath, and wasted no time in protecting themselves from it. Tonight they would give Tak what he wanted. It had been some time since the pair had offered up something living to their lord. It was time to change that.

Horror had chosen to stay behind much as he had before to prepare everything for the coming ritual. Haunt in the meantime had left the safety of their mountain to gather something suitable. Unable to find black wolves in the area, or at least ones that they would be able to use, the black and white woman had to resort to gathering a live animal. At least it would be enough to please him until they were able to find what they were truly looking for. Haunt was careful though as she moved around the base of the mountain. The snow beneath her paws carried her noise, but enough for her to move and catch something. She had done this before, so there was no reason to believe she couldn't do it again.

In the time it took to get what she wanted, the black and white woman had shifted to rely on her secui form, dragging the beast along by her teeth. It had to remain alive, otherwise Tak would be displeased with her and her brother. As she began making her way back up the mountain, a scent drifted into her nose. Her attention was changed. Strangers were in the area. Haunt kept to the altitude, watching from above as she came towards where the scent was coming from. There they were, just two of them. One of them managed to catch the bear woman's eye. A full black male. This was perfect. Haunt's paws carried her away from the area, back towards her brother.

The news of there being a black wolf in the area had brought such joy to the red stained man. He happily followed after his sister, arriving back to where she had spotted the pair. He couldn't believe his eyes. A grin curled across his muzzle as he slinked down towards the strangers. Haunt kept her to place, watching him from a distance, "My what do we have here? Dangerous place to be with a black wolf like that one miss."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:14 pm

OOC: Haaaaa <333 Marking this mature juuuuust in case xD Also sorry I wasn't more clear about Drachev being a dog D:

It had not taken them long to prepare the large golden eagle with their message, broken though it was. Though Sidonia was Drachev's handler, the bird had been trained by, and ultimately belonged to, Marcella herself. She watched carefully while the enormous dog repeated the message several times in high speech, being unable to communicate so much as a single word in low speech. The eagle caught on quickly and Zella wouldn't have accepted anything less. Any fledglings that didn't exhibit exceptional intelligence or ambition were culled.

Marcella did not accept failure.

Lifting off the dark Luperci's broad arm, the golden eagle spread her wings and claimed the sky. The mottled woman watched the bird until she disappeared to the silhouettes of the mountain before pressing forward again. "We must find a suitable place to camp," she told Drachev impassively. He drew his eyes away from the atmosphere above him and grunted, allowing his feet to follow in her stead. In the mountains above them, oblivious to either of them, a pair of acidic watched them with interest before slipping away again as silent as a shadow.

They made camp only a short distance from where they sent Sidonia on her mission. Drachev returned from the surrounding forest, his arms filled with sticks, twigs, and branches, and dumped the pile at his feet when motion caught his eye. Marcella glowered at her companion but seemed to recognize something on his face and turned to follow his gaze. The Luperci sauntering towards them was a curious thing: dark as night but with vibrant shades of crimson marking his pelt. The woman watched him a long while, azure eyes calm against a quickly turning mind.

"Is it?" she asked, feigning exaggerated surprise to buy them some time. But his word of caution confused her and Zel desperately hated to feel confused. "It makes me relieved, then, that there are no black wolves nearby." Next to her, Drachev squared his shoulders and stared, unblinking, at the lean man. Though he was only marginally taller than the wolf, the dog had more weight on him. "Your concern is most kind. You see, we've only just arrived to these lands, my friend and I." The woman paused and smiled warmly. "My name is Marcella and this is Drachev. He does look quite like a wolf, doesn't he?" she asked lightly, craning her neck to look at him. "But I assure you, only dog blood runs in his veins."

[WC: 419]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:19 pm

OOC - It's all good. I rolled with it. +300 words.

Haunt and Horror could feel the eyes turning to meet them, though they focused on the red stained man while Haunt stayed hidden from their gaze. It didn't bother either of them though. They were used to having eyes upon them, whether it was in disapproval of their faith or their curiosity. Horror held himself tall and proud. He knew that if they were going to get what they wanted without too much struggle, then they were going to have to lie. Nothing new to them either. Horror was the manipulator and Haunt was the force. They knew their respective roles and played them well. If they hadn't, Tak likely wouldn't have spared them for this long.

Horror's eyes lingered on the black one, looking him over until he attention was brought back to the woman before him. Marcella was her name and she explained that the male to her side was not wolf, but in fact a dog. A dog. Red eyes scanned him over again. A wave of frustration sinked into Horror's mind. All that hope that he and his sister might have found someone worthy of sending to Tak, and he was the wrong breed. They would have to settle for the beast that the black and white woman had dragged home. Not wanting to raise any suspicion about himself, he turned his attention back to Marcella, "I see. A pleasure to meet you both. I apologize for my mistake. He looked like a wolf from a distance."

The bear woman's eyes narrowed. She shared the same disappointment that her brother did. Feeling no more reason to hide, Haunt moved from her hiding place, and down the slope to join at her brother's side. Moving back onto two legs showed the true muscle that she possessed. A hand moved to her brother's shoulder, letting her green eyes linger on the woman rather than the black male that had brought them down. Horror turned his head, smiling up at Haunt, "Ah sister. How wonderful of you to finally join me." Even in the presence of others, they played their game.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:54 pm

OOC: ohhhh yesss! Haunt and Horror are delightfully creepy <333

The blood-kissed man was a curious creature and Marcella considered him carefully while he observed Drachev, her clear blue eyes narrowed only a little. After she offered him her introduction, their eyes met briefly: fire and ice. And then again he was scrutinizing the ebony dog again. Did he not believe her? A single sniff in his direction would confirm her words were true. The irony of this twisted her lips, amused. Zella was rarely honest.

But what, then? What caused this unusual wolf such interest in her emotionless employer? Marcella wondered silently while Drachev, dark and looming, stared icily back at the man.

"We accept your apology. I do believe this to be nothing more than honest mistake," Zel lied warmly when the wolf turned his attention back upon her. She glanced upwards at the taller man, smiling. "It will not have been the first time someone mistook Drachev for a wolf." Next to her, the hulking dog shifted and relaxed his posture before dipping his head in silent confirmation. Another lie. Kazimir Drachev had never once been mistaken for a wolf. But then, were he came from, most wolves were considered slaves and being an overseer for so long had saved him from such shame.

Before anything more could be said, more movement erupted from the surrounding forest and drew their attention quickly from the crimson-dyed man. Approaching them casually was a wolf taller even than Drachev, and perhaps even more muscular too. A smile still fixed upon her face, the hybrid woman watched the bi-colored Luperci approach. When their eyes met, Marcella felt a thrill of excitement. Oh, but she would be quite a match for Drachev. And the other? Zella flicked her eyes upon the smaller man before finding the woman's verdant eyes again. Her verdict was still out with the other.

"I bid you good evening," Marcella told the woman -- the man's sister -- graciously. "I've only just introduced ourselves to your dear brother. I'm called Marcella and his name is Drachev." She gestured politely to the large black dog, who nodded in acknowledgement of the flashy woman. "We were just about to build a fire and camp for the evening; you're certainly welcome to join us if you so choose, ah..." The wolverine-cloaked woman adopted an exasperated expression and shook her head ruefully. "I do apologize, I'm afraid I've missed your names."

[WC: 408]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:34 pm

OOC - +400 words.

Horror's eyes lingered on the woman before him. Something seemed familiar about her and the way that she acted. Much like Horror himself when he put on a mask as to not reveal his true intentions for what he was doing. It was quite possible that she was doing the same to him. How funny that two liars would be speaking and lieing to each other. Perhaps this woman wouldn't be so bad after all if there were similar manners between them. Still, to figure it out, he had to keep his own mask in tact. There was no reason for them to know of the danger the two Khalif wolves would have posed if her companion was indeed a black wolf. The less people knew about their faith, the better, unless they figured it out or caught them in the act. It was best for the blight to stay a blight.

Horror's own smile matched Marcella's as he spoke. He simply offered a nod, letting his eyes drift to the corner of his eye. He watched everything. Eyes trailed back as he was soon joined by his sister. Haunt locked her eyes with the woman across from them. The black and white woman stood up straight, arms crossing on her chest. She didn't need to say anything for her own presence to sink into the strangers. Just the sight of her was enough.

Haunt's own eyes drifted over to the black dog as Marcella introduced themselves again. She had heard them from her hiding place, but she knew how Horror loved to play his games, and the dominance game with her. Green gaze moved down to the brother at her side, to which she gave him a small smile back. He would get it once they were back home. Now was certainly not the time. The black and white woman's attention returned to the pair ahead of them as she explained they were just about to make a fire and camp for the evening. While the two of them had their own plans, Tak's offering was not going anywhere. The night was long and they would have plenty of time to feed their lord. Horror smiled, "I think we can do that," Horror began, "I am Horror and this is obviously my sister." He stopped on purpose, making her speak for herself, "Haunt."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:58 pm

Horror and Haunt.

Their names curled her lips and set her mind abuzz. How curious, that their names should be so fitting. The smaller one, Horror, with his crimson-kissed coat and the anticipatory grin that had lead his bold demeanor certainly seemed capable of his name. But Haunt... Marcella fixed her clear gaze upon the massive woman while she collected her thoughts, her eyes entirely unblinking. She wondered if the woman had been watching their interaction the entire time or if her timely arrival had been a simple matter of serendipity. Either way, the woman loomed like a wraith and Zel felt her name was vastly more appropriate.

But then, she knew next to nothing about either of them. For all she knew, Horror matched his name endlessly better.

Marcella flicked her eyes back upon the man with the ruddy accents, her solid frame shifting as she adjusted her weight from one limb to the other. Perhaps it was the idea that he might be as cunning and as merciless as she was, but there was something about him that she liked -- no, not just liked; that she desired.

"It's a pleasure to meet you both. Horror," she tipped her head first to the man and then to his flashy sister. "And Haunt. I must admit, my dear Haunt: your darling brother is quite the gentleman. It seems black wolves are something of a danger around these parts?" She paused, looking for confirmation in the other woman's features before continuing. "His concern of my dear friend's race was certainly kind. It soothes my nerves to know there are such brave and caring souls in these foreign lands."

Silent as the surrounding darkness, Drachev knelt and arranged the fallen tinder into a structure more conducive for a fire. While Zella spoke, the listened but added no voice of his own. Words and mind-play were her game; his took on far more of a physical nature.

While Drachev built and lit the fire, Marcella carried on her gentle conversation to the dark siblings. "Your presence is most welcome for as long as you like but I must apologize in advance: we may have some questions we hope to find answers to should you be so inclined." A pause, her cool eyes shifting to Horror's attractive figure. "Of course, you will be compensated."

The wolverine-cloaked woman was certainly willing to provide Horror with sex in exchange for any information they could provide but she did not allow her desires to blind her needs. After all, Seraphim was sure to arrive soon enough with prey that they could share with the siblings.

[WC: 445]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:37 pm

OOC - +400 words.

Haunt and Horror stood side by side, watching the woman's eyes move between the two of them. She was observing them in much the same way that Haunt was to her. It was the least she could see, and given the way that things were going, she wouldn't need to use her force. She wondered about them and Haunt did the same in return, but they wouldn't get anywhere just staring at each other now would they? The silence seemed to last for a while before Marcella spoke again. Her head tipped down to each of them, though she did not receive the same from them. The gray woman addressed the black and white one regarding what her brother had mentioned before. Haunt could not remove the serious tone from her voice like Horror could, but the message was clear, "Yes. They are." Let alone she wasn't going to explain the reason, not unless it was asked upon her. She was direct in her words and actions.

Questions were nothing new to the two siblings. The kinds though just depended on the situation they were caught in. Given the woman's curiosity over Horror's warning, she was sure to dig more at that. Haunt's green gaze soon fixated on Marcella, while the gray woman's blue gaze had seemed to lock on her brother. Compensation? If it was anything that she thought, then she better watch where she stepped. The bear woman's arms moved to the red stained man, pulling him close to her own body. She may have been his sister, but she was also his lover. No one would get the chance to take him. Horror simply laughed to try and remove the tension, "Ah forgive my dear sister. She's quite protective of me."

The two wolves passed by the gray woman, making their way over towards the fire that the dog had created. Horror's eyes seemed to light up, just as they always did around a fire. It came with serving Tak. Plenty of fire was involved to make sure that his hunger was well taken care of. The black and white woman found a spot for herself, sitting down and moving her thick polar bear cloak around her arms. Her posture was tall and alert, ready for anything. Horror still kept close to his sister, but neared the edge of the burning fire, "A wonderful thing fire is. Don't you think? Perhaps that is just me."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 pm

They appeared made of stone, staring back at her without movement or word. It was just as well, she decided. Their silence and stillness allowed her more time to observe, more time to think. After all, there could be just as many things to learn from quietude as there could from loquacity; it was all a matter of what to watch for and how to analyze them.

In the two before her, Marcella saw strength, intelligence, and something she perceived to be power. Whatever it was, it was thrilling and the mottled woman instantly decided that she liked it.

Though their refusal to show her the same courtesy was not lost on her, she thought it best overlook the slight. It was not the first time she'd encountered such lack of manners and, based on what she'd learned and seen in the short time since being in these foreign lands, it would not be the last. But it was no matter; there were more important things to concern herself with and she was desperate for any information the pair could provide to her.

The bear-cloaked wolf was serious and direct in her response. "Curious." Marcella settled soft azure eyes upon her a moment longer before flicking them away again and carrying on with her explanation and offer. But what proved to be far more curious to the mottled hybrid was the way Haunt pulled her smaller brother in toward her. A smile played on her lips, eyes shifting from Haunt to Horror. Protective was not the word she would have used. Possessive, though...

Excitement rushed through her sleek figure with the presence of a memory; a thought; a desire. Oh yes, Marcella knew a thing or two about possessions. Very soon, now. Very soon he would be hers.

While the wolves were suddenly drawn away to the fire like moths, movement from above caught the falconer's attention. She watched the figure of her red-tailed hawk, Seraphim, sweep from the skeletal tree tops and onto the leather guard at her wrist, dropping the lifeless figure of a hare into Marcella's free hand. "Well done," the woman crooned. "Drachev shall reward you from his portion." The massive black dog looked up and met his companion's eyes impassively, catching the dead hare as she tossed it toward him.

Silently, he went to work on skinning and quartering the poor creature and tossed Seraphim several scraps as he worked. Marcella moved close to the warming flames, orange light licking at her brindled muzzle and dappled face and igniting her eyes with life. She glanced at Horror, considering him curious before nodding. "No, I must agree," she said, looking into the flames again. "If only for the warmth it provides." Smiling sweetly at him, Marcella flicked her dark tresses back over her shoulder. "Your land here is quite a bit colder than I'm used to. It might do to find a pack to join, I must confess. Between the cold and these black wolves you warn of... Tell me, is it all black wolves or is there a particular group or what? And what might you be willing to tell us of the packs here?"

[WC: 538]
Marcella Fauks

Loners
DEAD
Mandi

POSTED: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:44 pm

OOC - +700 words.

Courtesy was only something that Horror used when he put on his mask. What reason would the two siblings have otherwise to show it to others of their own free will? It was a had things to find back on the mountain of Khalif, and the two blighted siblings never received any from their family. Why should they care about giving it to others? Haunt didn't sink down to those beneath her. Even if this woman were to somehow prove more that she had power, then she would at most earn a little respect, but nothing more than that.

Green eyes moved between Marcella and the black and white woman's brother. Possessive was indeed the better word, but it's not like either of them were going to outright admit to their love. Horror didn't belong to anyone but her. If this stranger thought that she might have any chance to subdue the red stained man, then she would have to go through Haunt first. She didn't see too much to worry about right now though. The bulky woman kept her weapon close by, and if Marcella dared to try and step over the line, then she and the black male at her side would soon find out how it feels to get hit by a bunch of nails. She would show them no mercy.

The gray woman had waited a moment while the two siblings took their place around the fire that the black male had crafted. He hadn't done much besides keeping his eyes on the female, waiting for something to do. Haunt's green gaze had not left the woman, especially considering she had waited on coming to join the rest of the group. The black and white woman's eyes drifted from the woman and over to the hawk that had arrived in her presence, bringing something back along with it. Marcella handed off the catch to the black man. Drachev got to work, taking care of the bird that brought back the kill while he skinned the animal. A shame it couldn't have come back alive. Maybe then they would have something else to send to Tak.

Marcella soon came to join the two siblings. The lean man's eyes lit up as the gray woman agreed with his statement. He always liked those who liked fire, though he was sure she did not fully comprehend his true reason for the love of fire. She only claimed to be fond of the element for its warmth. The two watched her once again, though now came the questions that she mentioned. She clearly didn't understand Horror's false warning all that well. They were not in danger from black wolves, but rather the wolves were in danger because of them. Horror's twisted smile came to his face as he gave the better explanation, "All black wolves are in danger around here. There's word that there are a couple in this area who burn black wolves alive once a month." The red stained man paused, leaning in towards the woman, "I'm sure you can guess what happens to anyone the black wolf might be in company with if they get chosen to meet the flames." Although Horror still wore his mask, he did not lie. That was the true of the matter, he just failed to mention their names as the ones guilty of committing the acts.

The question regarding the packs in the area was difficult for the two of them to answer. It wasn't that they couldn't give one, but rather that they didn't have information on any who were in the area besides one. Even then, they didn't care much to know too much about it. Horror tapped a finger on his lips for a moment, leaning back to where he was positioned before, "Can't say we know much about the packs around here. We prefer life simply with each other." Haunt flashed her brother a small smile, to which he gave one in return before they both turned their gaze back to Marcella, waiting for more questions to answer.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

Dead Topics