I spent my evenings pullin' stars out of the sky

[New Year Ball] P. Pascal/Shiloh

POSTED: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 am

OOC: forward dated to Jan 11th <3 There are some minor assumptions here so let me know if anything is not okay c:

The invitation, sent by her kingly father, had been entirely unexpected.

Immediately she knew she would be attending, though she chose her reason carefully. "To strengthen ties," she had taken to telling those who asked. "To acquire important information." And while her excuses weren't necessarily lies, what drove her was entirely different and purely personal: Thyri desperately missed her parents, Shiloh particularly. Not since September had the young woman seen either her mother or her father, and with the war at an armistice and Pascal returned, the ball gave her a perfect excuse to take a break from her duties and head south to the Court.

The trip from Vinátta had been uneventful and considerably quicker on horseback, despite the cold and snow, than it had been by foot last autumn. Baldr was a patient, loyal steed and Thyri wondered if he would be as happy to see Shiloh as she would be. When she was lead through the border and into the territory, familiar yet still so very strange, the young Dawnbringer had left the medicine hat gelding in the stables and immediately sought out her family.

Their reunion had been sweet and Thyri was not ashamed of her tears when she finally saw her mother again. She thought about this now as she made her way through Chien Hotel, intent on asking her mother's help with the ball. In the days that had followed her arrival at Cour des Miracles, the young woman had spent it catching up with old acquaintances and helping out with preparations wherever she was needed. Until she had overheard a pair of Courtiers discussing their gowns for the ball, she had never once given any consideration to precisely what she would wear. She simply had assumed as she always went: without anything at all.

"Mother?" she called, rapping anxiously at the room's door. "Are you in? I need to your help."

[WC: 322]

New Caledonia
Privileged
Mandi
Mate to Merlin Apothecary I Ægishjálmr: Helm of Awe
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:42 pm

WC: 307
It's all okay! Sorry for wait. <3

Guests had begun to arrive, good friends and curious faraway acquaintances trickling in early. On his hunts and wanderings he came across the scouts' and military's scents often -- usually Skoll's dominant stench, though sometimes he followed Linden's tracks, and other times he found himself confused when he smelled Shiloh at the borders, too; at least until he remembered that the Dawnbringer woman was a Courtier now, not just an extended guest. Though it had been months, he still wasn't quite sure what to think of her.

Her daughter's arrival shook things up a bit, too -- and Pascal was filled with an odd sort of jealousy mixed, as always, with guilt. He'd avoided Thyri out of awkwardness, knowing that while she was his half-sister the same as Abigail, they lived completely different lives. He hadn't seen her and Myrkr since they were small puppies, and then only briefly.

But the wild Vináttan didn't linger around the hotel all the time, and Pascal distracted himself with his duties. And on the day he found himself in Shiloh's room, he had a good excuse for his presence that had nothing to do with her maternal role: he was only visiting a friend.

When the voice called through the door, Pascal inadvertently squeezed the cat who'd been contentedly snoozing in his lap, though Muddy only let out a wheeze and squirmed, melting from his arms and pooling onto the floor, where she stared wide-eyed and eager at the door. Shiloh quickly rose from the desk where she'd been working, stitching some green tunic, and breezed to the door, opening it with a smile.

"What do you need, sweet?" the woman asked, while Pascal stared into his empty lap and Muddy gawked happily at the pale she-wolf.
Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:15 pm

OOC: <3

Shiloh's warm presence always seemed capable of soothing Thyri's nerves and as her mother's pristine face appeared from behind the door, smile secure upon her fair face, the young woman relished the feeling of her anxiety melting away.

Muddy's dark, stocky cheer drew down her verdant eyes and lit a grin upon own pale face. Thyri dangled her fingers down to allow the queen a chance to rub against them by way of greeting before she looked up again and saw Pascal staring fixedly into his vacant lap. "Hi Pascal," she called out to him cheerily.

The two of them hadn't had much interaction since she arrived in the Court, though for the young Dawnbringer it nothing to do with avoidance. There were tasks to accomplish and friends to see and things to get caught up on. Before she could offer any further words to her half-brother, Shiloh's voice tugged her attention away again and onto herself.

And all at once her stomach sunk like a stone and she remembered what had brought her here.

"I don't have one," she began, stepping past Shiloh and into her room. She shook her head out of frustration in herself and turned on her heel to face her mother again. "A gown, for the ball. I didn't even think about it and the ball's tonight." Thyri huffed a sigh and paced slowly, clearly stressed. "Do you have something I can wear, Mama?"

She paused in her movements and looked hopefully at Shiloh, whose love of dresses and expertise in tailoring made her the first person Thyri thought about.

[WC: 275]

New Caledonia
Privileged
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:35 pm

I wasn't sure if you'd described her dress in any other thread so I am being vague. |D

Thyri's cheerful greeting made him hunch his head a little, but he responded flatly all the same, knowing it was impolite not to greet his half-sister. While his oddities made socialization difficult for many reasons, he was still cultured -- a product of his environment and his mother's sweet reminders. Hi, Thyri. He watched Muddy scrub her cheek against the she-wolf's hands out of the corner of his eye.

Shiloh pricked her ears and listened patiently, laughing softly as Thyri explained her need for a dress. I didn't see you as the ballroom gown type, she teased her daughter, but stepped back into the room and to her desk, reaching into the basket beneath it. But I did think of you, she said, setting a folded piece of fabric on the table. Pascal lifted his head to see, curious despite himself, and watched her unfold a dress -- one that might suit the Vináttan warrior. I was saving it in case you visited, she went on, though I need to tailor it to you.

She returned to her daughter, holding it against the girl a moment, smiling. I think I can get it fitted in time. Maybe we can add a flourish here and there. What do you think, Pascal?

The man startled, peering up at the blonde wolves a moment before dropping his face into his hand. I dunno, he managed, and shook his head. I don't like clothes. I feel them on me all the time.

He felt Shiloh's silence, even if her smile remained bright, polite, pleased. He felt baited into continuing clumsily on: I think that'd bug you too, right, Thyri? If you... fight and stuff. I guess Skoll's dressing up too but it's just because he's getting married. His hand made a quick, helpless motion in the air to voice his scorn, which his voice -- though it pitcheder at the word -- could not quite flavor.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:40 pm

OOC: Ah! It was a different thread I had her gown in. Sorry Raze xD It looks something like this-ish

Another frustrated sound puffed out her cheeks and blew between her lips. "I'm not," she argued, perching her hands on her hips and glancing at Pascal again. "Or not usually." A frown wrinkled the skin between her eyes at this confusing revelation. Any other time, any other occasion, Thyri couldn't have cared less about being dressed her best or being perfectly primped. But hearing those Courtiers talk and thinking -- really thinking -- about what this ball meant struck a chord in the wild Dawnbringer. "I guess I just wanna look nice for Daddy. I mean, I should, don't you think?" As the King's daughter, it seemed right she should be appropriately dressed.

Relief allowed the blonde woman to visibly relax and gratitude glowed in her jade eyes. "Oh, Mama," she breathed, stepping closer to Shiloh with a bounce in her step. The fabric folded upon the table was a soft shade of emerald, like sage leaves under a cloudy sky. When her mother unfolded the gown, Thyri's eyes looked it up and down with bright curiosity. "You're the best." The cloth was stiff but delicate between her fingers as she brushed them against the ruffles and ripples of the gown. It wasn't practical, not for fighting, but she liked it a great deal.

Holding out her arms and allowing her mother to hold the fabric against her athletic figure, Thyri smiled at Pascal. She glanced quizzically at her mother while her half-brother had his face in his hands, unsure what he meant by feeling them on him all the time, but looked at him again when he continued talking. "Yeah, I don't them usually either," she admitted, brushing her palms against the gown. "But I think this will be fun, to be dressed up for once. Not for fighting, though." She offered him a gentle laugh. "Who is Skoll marrying?"

Thyri liked the large, golden Seneschal for his prowess as a warrior and was genuinely happy for him, though perhaps a little jealous too. After all, even with a missing eye, he was a handsome man.

[WC: 354]

New Caledonia
Privileged
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

POSTED: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:24 pm

*slugs along*

Shiloh laughed softly at her daughter's reply, though there was no judgment in the sound or the gentle smile that danced on her lips in its wake. At her question, her expression changed, so subtly that Pascal did not notice and would not have been able to discern its meaning, but she nodded. It would be a nice surprise for him, she said, though I doubt if he'd care should you decide to run around in just your fur. Her smile flashed again at the thought.

And Thyri breathed gratitude at the dress, whose colors even Pascal admired: forest hues that reminded him of the Vikings, ruffles that lay gently across the chest and wrapped around the gown in waves that would flourish with movement. Some of the fabric was patterned as if salvaged from old curtains, and some was mismatched, but it looked nice.

I know I am, replied Shiloh, adopting a haughty tilt of her chin, but grinned. I wasn't certain if you'd like it, but... I'm glad you do.

She tended to her daughter, pressing the fabric her and there and nodding to herself, and Pascal tentatively glanced at the girl. Fun, maybe, he agreed, though his discomfort got in the way of even these festivities. Once or twice Shiloh had suggested a vest or other garment, but he'd felt so itchy and caged and terrible pinned in it that he couldn't accept.

Aurelya, the man answered. She's a nice wolf, though she gets like him sometimes which is the only way I see her putting up with him. He gestured to encompass the concept of like Skoll, a quick and violent little motion that suggested a fiery temper. She's a warrior too.

Here, arms up, Shiloh ordered. She'd gone a little quiet, something Pascal even noticed, but perhaps she was only absorbed in work—slipping the gown over her daughter's head and reaching for her pins to make sure it wasn't too loose.

What's the news in Vinátta? Pascal asked after a moment.

Loners
Wolf
Raze
Luperci
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:24 am

OOC: <3

There was a subtle change in Shiloh's clear blue eyes. Thyri wondered after it, curious. She held her mother's gaze with a gentle quirk of her brows, just enough to add a soft wrinkle between her eyes. When her beautiful face cracked into a smile, the yearling mirrored the expression and thought she must have imagined the change; there was no mystery, only her mother's sweet reassurances. "Maybe," she offered, tilting her jade eyes to the door.

Thyri didn't doubt that Silvano would care if she was dressed in a gown or in her own fur, but the point was that the young woman wanted to make her father proud. Looking nice at a ball the King was hosting for other packs seemed like a reasonable way to achieve that. "But I think he'll like this." She brushed pale fingers over the fabric of the gown, her smile softening before cracking wide again with Shiloh's agreement that she was, indeed, the best. Thyri offered her mother an amused expression, her eyes mildly narrowed and her grin crooked. "But it takes the best to know the best, right?" She giggled then nodded. "I do. Thank you, Mama."

The young woman held patiently still as her mother worked, lifting her arms or straightening her posture; following any instructions her mother gave her. There was little else for Thyri to do besides talk to Pascal, and for that she was grateful. She genuinely wanted to get to know her half brother more. His quirks were certainly curious. She wondered if he had always been like that or if the events of his abduction had made him such. She smiled. "Well I'm happy for him," she decided, looking at Pascal. "It's good he's with someone who's like him." Thyri didn't know him well enough to fully understand what that meant but it was good, she supposed, to have love someone like-minded.

Thyri lifted her arms again and shifted her eyes to her mother. The light faded as the gown was lifted over her head and popped brightly into her eyes when her head reappeared. She flicked her eyes upon Pascal once more. "Everything has been pretty quiet," she replied, thoughtful. "Thankfully." Thyri glanced at Shiloh again and grinned. "I think I'll be promoted soon, though. To Araedi Ríkr, just like you were."

[WC: 402]

New Caledonia
Privileged
Mandi
S K J A L D M Æ R
trouble is a friend
holy branches

Dead Topics