We're leaving together, and maybe we'll come back

For Nivosus

POSTED: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:21 pm

OOC - +300 words.

ONLY A FEW FIND THE WAY, SOME DON'T RECOGNIZE IT WHEN THEY DO, SOME DON'T WANT TO

Being home in Kaiho suiiki did much more than give Miwa a chance to escape from the ambition of her Sapient life. So much more. It reconnected her with the family she had become lost to for two whole years. It allowed her to spread the word of Sapient far past the area of all the other packs. It gave her the chance to do some studies with the plants that were growing only near the main branch's home. She had brought a few back home with her, but they would need to remain in her room until it was safe to plant them. The garden could do with some more plants anyways, but it would be better to wait until the snow had retreated from the land before she did anything regarding that.

In the meantime though, the jackal wolf would need to find some way to occupy her time until there. She could work around with what she did have. Since rising through the ranks, she had taken up an interest in working with toxins. Most of the ones she had thought about obtaining and testing so far were from plants, though she knew there were other methods. She wanted to explore these other methods as well, but wasn't sure she would be able to with it still being winter. Another thing to wait for...

The Itō woman had grown attached to the clothing that she brought back to Sapient with her. It proved that she was true to the main branch of her family. The make of it was nice and comfortable, and in way, matched to Miwa's typical gothic style. The colors were different to what she normally wore, but there was no reason she couldn't have a variety. At least with these they also matched with her eyes. The gold was a nice touch as well. She couldn't thanks Aphrodite enough for it. Miwa had moved to the bookshelves, amethyst gaze lingering on the plants she had stocked. Which one could she work with today?

Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena
Luperci Beauty laying within the darkness

POSTED: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:07 pm

One of these days he was surely going to put his foot down on matters regarding his niece. Yet again he’d found himself kicked out and refused to visit her latest litter, much like he had when Ruari had just been born, upon the basis that she didn’t want him to influence them. Honestly, whilst entertaining that she believed he could corrupt her pups at such a young age was entertaining, although even more so was the fact she perceived him as a more damaging role model than herself. Hormonal females were truly a terrifying thing to behold, especially when they were towering warriors with a sadistic love for causing bodily harm to those the female loved.

Ascending up the western staircase, he snorted in amusement, shaking his mane of brown curls; they were getting long and he knew eventually he’d have to cut them himself or find someone willing to sort them out, before the curls grew truly untameable. Eyes roaming down the expanse of the hallway, the Estate seemed empty almost, sounds bouncing through the large rooms and travelling seemingly further than normal. Curious, the Sagax pressed forward, hands sliding into the back pocket of his well-worn trousers, paws carrying him to the ajar door where sounds come from within. Nostrils twitching, his head cocked to the side as the familiar scent of one of the Opus females identified whom was within.

Seriously. What was with his pack and scary females with pointy weapons?

Lacking any display of manners, the Moineau freed his hands, bracing one arm upon the worn frame, pushing the door inwards with his free hand, wincing as the wooden monstrosity yawned open slowly and painfully loud like the others. Tilting his body forward a fraction, eyes adjusting slowly to the level of light within, ivory teeth flashed in a smile as he sighted her.

“New outfit, Miwa? It looks good on you” his voice was a low purr, his expression an attempt of boyish charm in hope she’d forgive his small invasion into her space.

By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:51 pm

OOC - +300 words.

ONLY A FEW FIND THE WAY, SOME DON'T RECOGNIZE IT WHEN THEY DO, SOME DON'T WANT TO

Miwa paused in her work as she heard a noise coming from the hallway outside of her room. It sounded like footsteps, and they kept coming closer. Miwa was no stranger to having others come and visit her room. Kin had come by before and Austri lived in the same hallways that she did. For all she knew, it was just the dark woman coming back to her room and getting back to work on her own projects. Or not. The steps kept coming and paused outside of her door. Miwa's hands moved away from the plants, arms crossing over her chest as she waited. What indication would this person give that he or she wanted to see the jackal wolf.

The Itō woman expected it to be Kin who had come by, knocking on her door to spend some time with her friend, but once again, Miwa was wrong. As her amethyst gaze turned over her shoulder, she saw the door swinging open on its own. So whoever wanted her didn't seem to have the manners to just give her a knock and allow her to open the door herself. The jackal wolf turned completely around, just as a figure moved into the light from her doorway. There stood Nivosus. She hadn't seen the Sapient leader since the pack hunt she had participated in soon after arriving. She would have never guessed that he would want to come see her.

A toothy grin formed on the woman's face to match her leader's own, "Why thank you Nivosus. It was a little gift from home." Or at least, what was her home. Sapient was her true home now, but there was always no harm in traveling up north like she had for a few days. Not like she was running out on the pack. She stepped forward, leaning in towards his direction, "So what would the leader of Sapient want with me? It couldn't be just to make comments on my clothing."

Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Sensing no apparent impending retribution from the female for his taking of liberties, his shoulders relaxed, the soft sound of shifting leather as the sleeves of his jacket shifted, arms crossing over his chest as he applied more of his weight to the door frame, slouching there as if this was an everyday occurrence, rather than the oddity it was in reality.

“Ah, can’t a guy just stop on by to admire the scenery and give the lady a compliment?” he teased back with a grin of all teeth, serpentine eyes narrowing marginally in mirth. Miwa was not quite what he’d expected, proving that initial impressions were not always what they seemed. Perhaps…. Toying with the idea, he found himself growing to it. Whilst he’d planned to head out on the raid alone, to avoid Ardoise catching wind of his reckless actions, it wouldn’t hurt to see one of his Inters in action.

“I hear you are good with weapons. How do you feel about indulging me and accompanying me on a little… outing of sorts” his wording was intentionally, full of mischief and the promise of chaos, as was so often the case in the Sagaxs lifestyle. Given that he only had one, he had long since decided to live it without regret or apology, to take everything he wanted and do as he pleased – and these loners had something that had most certainly drawn his attention.

“And how good are you with horses?”

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 pm

OOC - +300 words.

Nivosus' teasing was something new to Miwa. Since coming to Sapient, it seemed that all the males she came across either didn't like her in some form or were just not at all interested. Granted, the Sapient was like one of the latter. What's to say he wasn't just doing this to get on her good side? That could very well be, but if this also helped to get into good graces with him, then she had no problem with it. Miwa watched him with a careful eye as he relaxed himself against her doorframe. She thought about the idea od possibly toying back at him, but wasn't sure if that was the best idea. She had only met him one other time and that was on a hunting trip with other members. Besides, what made her think she could fully trust him? Just because he was Sapient's leader? Unlikely. Miwa returned with a toothy grin of her own, "Flattery won't get you much with me Nivosus. Besides, I'm doubt you're really that interested in me."

The topic though soon changed. Rather than making some more comments about her or her appearance, he asked her about her skills, primarily that with her sword. It seemed that he wanted her to accompany him on something. Miwa couldn't help but let her grin grow. It was almost as if she was back together with Ren and Ryo. The three of them going out an causing trouble to get things for their own gain. Perhaps this wouldn't be so bad. That all depended on how well Nivosus could do when they were out together. He then questioned how she was with horses. Granted, she was no master at taking care of them, but she knew enough to take care of Kage. Her arms crossed as she let her eyes linger on him, "I'm good enough to take care of them. What do you have in mind?"

In the meantime, Miwa turned back to face her bookshelves, Reaching up for her warmer set other clothing and her sword. She had already tucked the dagger away under her kimono, much like she did with her skirt. There was no harm in keeping something concealed, even when here. Never knew when it might come in handy.

Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:27 am

“Hmmm” the sound vibrated low in his throat, drawn out and fading off as teeth flashed in a wholly fake innocent smile. Oh how he did like the blunt ones, given that those who were willing to speak their mind were much easier for him to get along with and significantly more fun to be around. Inclining his head a fraction more, he continued to assess the female without any subtly to his actions. She was one of the members he was least familiar with, something he perhaps would have to amend now that she was proving to be less of a fragile flower than she appeared.

“I think flattery will get me everywhere. But alas, I have my ball and chain” she was right, of course; he wasn't interested. Intrigued by her lack of unknown traits, yes, but interested in more depth that passing curiosity, no. For now though he was content to let her make what she would of his words and if she drew the incorrect conclusions, well. He'd allow her to stick to them.

“And I have much more fun things in mind. Now, mind you I was just looking for a pretty face with a pointy weapon... and yet now I believe you will work quite well beyond that” pushing off from the door, he gestured with his hand for her to follow as he headed down the hallway, making his way through the estate.

“There are some loners I've been watching for a few days near our territory. Traders camped out for now, their numbers flexible and their stock of little interest. Probably traded anything decent by now; their horses, however, I am interested in” damn fine beasts he'd seen tied up to their wagons. If they were cleaned up some, their manes de-tangled and given a bit of a more luxurious lifestyle, they'd surely shine and make for some decent breeding stock.

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:54 am

OOC - +300 words.

A smirk curled up along Miwa's face to Nivosus' reaction to her words. He was faking it, and she could easily see that. Miwa was not someone who could just be taken advantage of so easily. She wondered how long the Sapient leader would be able to keep this up with her. She moved closer to the male, arms folding across her chest to his comment, "You may think that Nivosus, but trust me, flattery won't get you everywhere with me." She admitted to herself that it could possibly in some aspects, but not every. She knew that he wasn't terribly interested in her, at least not in any way past seeing the skills that she had for what he was looking to do. The feeling was of course mutual though. Her only interest in the leader was to impress him, to earn the high rank she deserved. Nothing more.

A pretty face with a pointy weapon hmm? That was one way to put it. She moved from her spot in the room, following behind the male as he moved through the hallway. Miwa flashed him a toothy smile as they moved along, "There are plenty of those around here Nivosus, but I am honored that you decided to pick me."

So there were loners in the area. Nothing wrong with that. She and her brothers had been known to cause trouble for many loners when they were living together, though rather than having their eyes on the horses, the Sapient leader had his eyes set on the horses that they had. It would be a bit more of a challenge getting the horses away from them, but Nivosus was not discouraged, so she was not either. Arms crossed again across her chest, moving her head up in thought, "I see.. and so you have a plan on getting these horses?"

Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:57 pm

Grinning simply, he glanced back down at the little spite fire with slit irises, not bothering to correct her or draw the game out any further. There was no need for the whole song and dance when neither party was actually remotely interested and he had more pressing matters than verbal banter. Oh he was glad he hadn’t elaborated on his full reasoning as to why he’d selected her; it was in hindsight that he realised that it was pure, dumb luck he’d stuck to the more complimentary traits when informing her as to why he’d sought her out.

In addition to being a pretty face and good with weapons, Miwa was quite simply tiny. Whilst he knew not to under estimate her or any of his members within the Opus tier, the jackal hybrid simply screamed fragile to him when he looked upon her; as if she should be handled by care and couldn’t hurt even a fly. Add in the foreign factor and she was quite possibly the perfect bait to lure others out, to play the damsel in distress or the lost, confused foreigner. The loners that he was targeting were the type of do gooders that would fall for such a cliché type act, given their protective nature of the small female and the groups accompanying pet non-luperci, it was clear to him that they couldn’t pass up an opportunity to do a good deed. Those who sought to do good often did make the easiest of individuals to target, after all.

“The groups numbers are flexible. I’ve seen at least six come and go, with some non-luperci within their mix. Typically, they leave two or three at the camp, one of which is this rather feeble little female. They seem like such nice folks” blue eyes sought out purple ones as he exited the staircase, reaching the ground floor and moving through the halls towards the front of the estate.

“Really, everything about them screams nice. Naive enough to want to help a stranger… let’s say a rather pretty face who doesn’t speak much English, lost and alone in the big scary world” his tailed swished in amusement as he let onto her involvement. If Miwa could bait the group and lure them out enough so he could knock out the female, then the numbers would be even enough to disable any others left at the camp.

“And Leo’s always on about how horses follow after others. If we bring the friendlier mares and tie them to the mares, it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle to free them of the two charges in their care… whilst they have a nice nap. Ransack the place a little and cover scents; take only the two stallions and some random bags to make it look less targeted at the horses. They choose to be loners, without the protection of a pack and in the company of non-luperci…. They are practically begging us to take them”

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:49 am

OOC - +300 words.

Silence had fallen over the two as they walked through the hallway. Their game was done, and now that Nivosus' true intentions became clear, Miwa was far more focused on them. Her head moved up as Nivosus began to explain the situation. There was at least six of them, with non-luperci traveling with them. The idea of having non-luperci in the mix just seemed strange. Why be non-luperci when you could have access to so much more if you were able to shift? Her amethyst eyes met with the Sapient leader's before she followed him down the stairs to the first floor. Seemed alright enough so far. She had enough experience from Ren to know how to handle herself. She offered the male a nod, waiting for him to continue on.

The Itō woman was not surprised to hear the Sapient leader's suggestion on how to get the horses that he wanted. It truly was no different to being with her brothers. She was often the one to cause the distractions along with Ren when they conducted their own raids. The only difference between then and now, was that she could trust her brothers. What's to say that she could trust Nivosus? For all she knew, he just wanted to use her and then leave her while he snuck off with the horses. If he did of course, when she came home, she would make sure he paid for it. Miwa's arms crossed as they continued on, "Yes.. but what's to say that you will have my back if something goes wrong?"

The jackal wolf gave a simple nod to the rest of the male's explanation. She could not argue with the fact that it seemed like they were perfect targets to be taken advantage of. If they were going to use the tactic that Leonardo suggested, then they would need to gather the horses and be careful about the way that they moved them as they grew closer to the loners. Miwa paused at Nivosus' side before moving to the stables, "Very well then. If we are going to take mares, which ones would you suggest?"

Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:26 am

“No ones to say I’ll have your back. You’ll just have to have faith and hope your good looks are enough to pull you through if shit hits the fan” glancing at the female, he graced her with a wide and toothy grin, tilting his head to the side in an attempt to charm her. Truth be told he couldn’t care less if something happened to her in the process of him achieving his goals; it was nothing personal. Whether it was Miwa or even his own children, he’d always found himself lacking in the emotional capacity known as loyalty. If it benefited him to hand them over, to knock them down and leave them to slow pursuers, he would; history had told him never to trust in others if you wished to survive in this world.

It was pure luck that he hadn’t thus far had to resort to such extremes, leaving everyone’s illusions of his already sketchy personality intact. Adorable as it was to have others believing he was a more noble creature than he was in reality, he’d never actually said as much or done anything to deserve such belief in himself; that said, he also never discouraged such false pretences. Blood, friendship, love, pack; they were all just words, titles given to another. Simply words that meant nothing in the pursuit of his goals or in the face of his desires.

“I’m going take Silex out. She’s calm enough and good with others normally. There’s Viola, but she can be a fickle beast or Agatha, although I don’t know much about her. Your pick, sugar”

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

Dead Topics