We go by name, not by rank

p. Miwa | Isthmus of Chignecto

POSTED: Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:53 pm

(300+) It's not mentioned in the post, but Lithia's scent is disguised with pine & ginger. I also kept her part of the trade vague, take a peek at AT's Garden Stock to figure out which plants she should bring for Miwa's services :)

Sapient’s reputation often preceded them, and information travelled faster than most things. That was how Lithia had come to know that some member from the pack would be able to help her. Meeting Miwa had sealed the deal almost as soon as she met her. Lithia was well-informed – she made sure of it by visiting the knowledge-procuring pack’s borders way before this and collecting their scent. When she had met Miwa the first time, she knew that the woman was from there, and that she probably wouldn’t pass down an opportunity to study.

Kentaro had been interested in the waters, but had not asked her to further investigate. But she wanted to. There wasn’t much going on in Anathema at the moment, and making the effort to learn something new would probably be fulfilling. Getting a jar and collecting a sample of the slightly discolored, slightly pearlescent, murky waters had not been any hassle. In fact, Lithia even got to safely examine the liquid closer when it was safely tucked away in a jar with a tight lid.

Carefully securing the jar in one of the saddlebags at her stallion’s side, Lithia took it to their designated meeting place. Being from two opposite ends of the country didn’t matter much to the Oriax, given that she could always do other things in the area when the exchange was over – such as search for her mother. She had given up on the fact that her father wanted to be found, but knew that her mother had to be out there somewhere.

With her, she brought a few saplings from Anathema’s garden, procured and packed carefully in leather bags with dirt still clinging to their roots. She packed those in a separate saddlebag on the other side, and then took off toward their northern-based meeting place. When Lithia arrived, she howled and then situating herself upon a rock, waited.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:49 am

Itō Miwa
Different denotes neither bad nor good, but it certainly means not the same.

Studies were slowing down with each passing day. Plant toxicology just wouldn't be enough, not at this rate. The plants just couldn't grow with the cold temperature outside. Spring needed to come around before she would have a better chance at continuing this branch in her study. There were of course other options, but gaining the means to study them would take some time. Although, when the chance was brought forward that allowed Miwa to continue her studies while winter was still happening, she took the chance. Of course, the one who had offered her the chance would not be able to get something out of her without a little more to help Sapient as well. They could do with some more plants in their garden when spring came back. It would help Miwa to not have to leave as often as she did to get what she needed.

The Itō woman made her way from the stable to get Kage. It would make the traveling much nicer. The horse moved to the dark woman's side, waiting for her to get onto his back before heading down towards the south. The two of them had arranged to meet up so that they would be able to speak and Miwa could collect her items. They would meet up again when it came time to share their collected findings, but that wouldn't be for some time.

Miwa's ears flicked to the sound of the howling. That had to be Lithia at their meeting point. The jackal wolf turned Kage in the direction of the sound. As the pair neared, she saw the pink eyed woman, waiting for her just as they had discussed. Miwa pulled Kage to a stop, turning and sliding off him. She stepped closer, crossing her arms, "Did you bring everything?"

((Perhaps some Cannabis and/or some Yarrow? Picked these since all the toxic ones are no trade. +300 words.))
Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena
Luperci Beauty laying within the darkness

POSTED: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:13 pm

(300+) Still kept the plants vague just in case you were gonna switch up which she wanted :)

It was a while before Lithia was met with the Sapient. She remained on the rock for some time, listening to the forest around her. She heard the footsteps of hooved ungulates and the quick little feet of rabbits and other rodents scurrying around on the snowy forest floor. Her stallion snorted, lowering his head to lick some of the snow on the ground. If it weren’t for the many black splotches all over his body, Gezi could have blended perfectly with the snow. His mane was white, but his face and many parts of his neck, legs, and body, along with his tail, were black. Lithia studied the horse until another set of footsteps were heard in the snow.

Upon Miwa’s approach, Lithia pushed from the rock and straightened, stretching. By the time Miwa’s feet touched the ground, Lithia had already advanced toward her Stallion’s saddlebags and produced the jar of the polluted water and the leather pouch that contained the plants. She held the pouch carefully by its corner to not crush any of the saplings inside.

”Yes,” she said, producing the leather pouch of plants first. She held the jar of water in her hands while giving Miwa a chance to look over the plants. ”Be careful not to crush them. There was no other way I could bring them and protect them from the wind. If you’re able to plant them somewhere inside, they may actually sprout for you.” It was what Innya had told her anyway.

She waited while the Sapient checked over her part of the deal, and when the time came, Lithia handed over the jar of the water as well.

”This water kills anyone who drinks from it. I need you to tell me what’s wrong with it,” she began, indicating the pearlescent, blue-hued murky water in the jar.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:24 am

Itō Miwa

Miwa's eyes watched the woman as she moved to her own horse and the saddlebags it wore. She pulled out two items. So it seemed she had come prepared after all. The darker woman soon moved back over to Miwa, offering her the leather pouch first which contained the plants that she had asked for. She carefully opened the bag to verify that they were in there while Lithia spoke, explaining that she needed to be careful not to crush them. Miwa had plans to start growing them in her room and then transfer them to Sapient's main garden once the warmer weather came around. She nodded, holding the pouch carefully as she moved it into the grip of her arms, not wanting to move back over to Kage until she had gotten everything.

Next was the jar of water. She handed it over to the Itō woman, who took it into her hands. She held it up slightly so that she could see the inside a bit better, turning the container around as she observed it. Lithia explained that anyone who drank it ended up dead, though that wasn't too hard to tell. Just from looking at it she couldn't give an immediate response. Amethyst eyes moved from the water and over to the darker woman, "I'm sure I could figure it out with a bit of testing, that is if you don't mind waiting for me to do so."

Miwa moved over to Kage, setting the items carefully into a bag that she had brought along with her. Once that was done, she moved back over to Lithia, hoping to get a little more information on the origin of the water so she might be able to search the area for anything that might have caused the water to become contaminated, "Where was it that you got this water from? Perhaps you can point me in the right direction?" Miwa knew some of the areas around the other packs, but some of it might have changed in the two years that she had been away.

((Would it be possible to get one of each of the toxic plants? +300 words.))
Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:15 am

(000) Sure!

Lithia watched as Miwa accepted the plants, looking inside the pouches to verify she wasn’t being tricked. In her head, Lithia grumbled to herself. Why would she blatantly trick the woman, knowing that she very well could just check the plants? Plus, with good faith, Lithia wanted to assume the woman wouldn’t deceive her in turn. Lithia handed the woman the jar, and Miwa accepted it, turning it in her hand to see the unnatural murk and shine of the water inside.

”Absolutely,” Lithia said, grinning. ”As long as you bring me results, you can have as much time as you need.”

Next, Miwa asked her about the location of the waters, and Lithia knew right away that she’d remain tight-lipped. Eventually, Miwa may have come across the waters, but for now, she didn’t have to know. All she needed to do was play with the jar of water until she found a solution to its poisonous state.

”It’s a series of lakes… I’d be glad to tell you where they are after you find me some answers.” There was no way that Lithia was letting Miwa get off the hook that easily with so much information. ”If it will help you, I’ll scout around the area and look for anything out of place for you.” It was easy enough given that she knew not to touch or drink the water. The land surrounding the dismal place was fair game.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:52 am

Itō Miwa

Miwa had to be cautious, it was in her nature. There was nothing she could do to stop that, and there was no reason for her to either. There were those who would lie in this world, and Miwa was not about to trust this woman just because she was giving her plants and a means to further her study. No, her trust would be earned after a long time, or perhaps not even at all. For now, Miwa had lent her a little bit, if only to ensure that the two of them would be walking away with the terms they had agreed on.

Miwa was glad to see that she was given the time that would be needed, though she expected that it was a given. It wasn't like she could just doing everything here and only after having one look at it. She would have results for her. There would be no point in making this deal if she wasn't going to give the darker woman what she wanted. Miwa would work for the plants that she was receiving. Both of these would progress her studies, so she was not going to argue on the woman's terms, but again, they were ones that were given.

The Itō woman's eyes narrowed slightly to the darker woman's response about knowing the original location of the water. She wasn't going to tell Miwa where she had gotten it until she reported her results. She had offered to scout the area for Miwa, but she would rather search for it herself. She gave a shake of her head, "No. I'll learn after I get the results to you."

The jackal wolf moved back over to her horse, figuring that there wasn't much more for them to discuss. The exchange had been made, so all that was left to do was to let Miwa take care of the plants and then begin work with the water. A hand moved up to pet along the horse's side, though her amethyst gaze moved back to meet the woman's pink ones, "Was there anything else you wished to discuss?"

((I know it was short, but I figured this was a good wrapping up point. +300 words.))
Itō Miwa 伊藤美和
Sapient
DEAD
Salena

POSTED: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

(000) I Last reply from me ~

Lithia expected the woman to react differently when rejected the information. However curt she seemed to be, she took what she was offered and that was it. It kind of surprised Lithia that she did not demand the information. Lithia did not know how the woman, Miwa, would study the waters, but she was eager to find out the results either way.

”No, that’s all,” she said, backing away towards her own horse as well. The exchange between them had been enacted, and Lithia knew where to find her should something come up or if she had questions or concerns.

”I’ll come back in a month’s time and call for you. That should give you more than enough time to study the water and come up with a conclusion.” It was better this way, too, because according to Miwa, Lithia didn’t belong anywhere specific.

When no more was said between the two of them, the Napier woman climbed up on her horse and left the Sapient to her studies.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics