Say what you need to save your soul

p. Kentaro | Crow's Tower

POSTED: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:10 pm

300+
WORDS

Her mother had proved to be harder to find than she originally thought. Unlike her father, Axelle had left everything she owned behind in Anathema – including her raven that was an excellent tracker and loyal to Anathema. Lithia burst through the doors of the King’s wing, more than ready to have an exchange of words with Amorette or anyone else that tried to stop her from getting to Crow’s Tower.

She climbed the endless stairs and by the time she was actually there, she was out of breath and panting. She pushed the door open and was met with the stench and incessant squawking of her feathered companions. The ones that knew her hopped around in their cages excitedly, and the ones that didn’t were still, watching her with one eye. Lithia scanned the cages for her mother’s bird, Noir.

”Hello Napier Daughter,” the heavily feathered Raven chattered loudly, pinpointing her location for Lithia. Lithia unhooked her cage and allowed the bird to hop up onto her arm. It had been a while since she had seen her mother’s bird and wondered why Noir had even been in the cage. She was supposed to be a free-roaming bird…

The bird hopped down onto the sill as Lithia collected one of the leg-letter-carriers from a nearby drawer. Noir held still for Lithia as she clipped it on, and then watched Lithia expectantly, looking at the closed window.

”I need a favor, Noir,” Lithia began, writing her note on the parchment and rolling up the paper into a tiny scroll. ”Find Axelle and deliver this note to her. Once she reads the note, fly back here immediately.” Lithia tucked the rolled piece of paper into the raven’s carrier, and unhooked the window latch.

”See you soon,” she said as the raven fluttered her wings and dove from the window.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] For Kentaro ~ time of day is vague. idk if you wanna specify or naw :)
This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: MercuryCode
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:39 am

The day was young, Kentaro on the other hand was feeling old. Pandora fluttered as she was startled by the door. Kentaro didn't say anything as he stated reclined on his couch. He had come here to be away from his children and mate for a moment. The silence of the room had been destroyed by one of the Napier children.

She spoke to one of the crows and sent him off. "Could you not come in like a hurricane? This is a peaceful place." The dark leader spoke as he groaned rubbing his eyes. He had finally found peace and quiet and now the crowd were ruffled and ready to do things.

"Are you trying to find the atheed?" Kentaro questioned as he stretched his arms. He had been more at ease since the Napier woman left but then there was a twinge of annoyance at her dissaperance. Kentaro sat up as he called two crows to him.

Kentaro gave them a command and sent them off. Looking back at the woman.
Kentaro Lykoi
They say I’m a criminal cause I walk in a different way

POSTED: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:08 am

OOC - Just to clarify - she burst into the King's Wing, not the bird tower because I wasn't even sure if it had a door... and assuming there's a bunch of chattering crows/owls/ravens, I didn't think that it would be "quiet"...?

300+
WORDS

Watching Noir flap away out the window, Kentaro’s words called Lithia’s attention. She had not even noticed he was there, and when he commented about her annoyance and banging, she tried not to glare at him. Had he no idea what was going on? What the disappearance of both her parents had done to her? There was a hardness that lingered in her pink eyes as she looked upon the lounging Angelo. No, he had nothing to worry about because his whole family had been in the pack at his fingertips. Her sister was all that she had left here.

”Maybe I’ll consider that when my mother is found,” she snapped, not really intending to sound so mean.

Though, she considered his words and looked back toward the cages of chattering birds. ”How exactly do you call this peaceful? You’re sitting in a room with a bunch of prattling birds.”

She looked upon him with cold eyes as she leaned against the window sill, crossing her arms. He had asked whether she was trying to find the Atheed, and she looked at him pointedly. Well, she had just grabbed her bird, and sent her bird to find her… so yeah. She was trying to find her.

Though, Lithia was trying to be nice and while her anger outweighed all of her other emotions, her devotion to Kentaro still remained. Even though it was underneath the thick layer of anger that floated and clogged the surface.

”Yes,” she sighed, rolling her shoulders and letting loose her arms. ”I sent her bird. I’m hoping the stupid thing will be able to find her…” she said, knowing damn well that Noir was a lot smarter than she just gave her credit for.

Lithia looked into the yellow eyes of the Angelo, and wondered how the hell did he sneak up on her in this room? How the hell did Amorette let him out of her sight for one minute? Lithia smirked, amused by the thought of Amorette having to shackle her mate to keep him away from other women. Especially Lithia.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] ooc text here.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:45 am

it has 2 doors he doesn't want the pups wandering in and he'd like to keep the crowd out of the wing. And peace to Ken is not whining puppies.

Kentaro watched her she was rather snipity today. He half chuckled as he leaned back on the couch. The noise around them rather more noticeable. "You know you don't need to take that tone with me." He spoke not looking at her. His eyes closed as he listened to the chatter amount the crows. Broken high speech, nagging caws as the room filled with life.

"This compared to four teething puppies is relaxing. Not to mention I'm used to their noise it's easy to drown out." He spoke as he glanced at her through a partially open gaze. She needed to get her mind off her parents or else she'd start to crumble like the Atheed. "You won't find axelle easily, if she wanted to be found you would have found her. I know your mother well." He stated. Axelle was bull headed and she knew what she wanted clearly Lithia was worried but she needed to leave her mother alone.

"Your mother will contact you when she's ready. She needs space, you lost a father she lost her mate." He spoke "but you are not alone, Axelle wasn't either but she felt it. She left and I'm sure is searching for Itzal." He added as he stroked Pandora who leaned into him. "I said this at the meeting and I say it again, we are family you are safe here. We will all keep searching but as time goes on we still have work to do and so do you. " his tone stayed level cool and composed. While most days he was rough he knew deep down that was not the time for yelling
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:52 am

OOC - Ok so she got a little dark there.... lol

300+
WORDS

Her livid pink gaze remained on him, even as he seemed to turn away from her, ignore her, and close his eyes. He said some things about her tone and the birds, but she wasn’t particularly listening to him. Instead, she waited for the ever-so-slight yellow slit in his eyes to tell her that he had returned his attention back to her. She was composed the whole time. It was only when she opened her mouth that the anger poured out.

”Do you really? Or do you just think you do? There was much, much more underneath the surface about her that none of us knew about. Not you, not my father, not me, or my sister. She has secrets.” Like many of them had – like Kentaro had. Lithia smiled largely and cocked her head at Kentaro, Did you know that she burned a batch of her own puppies alive? Hearing them squeal and sizzle…” The thought of that alone made Lithia sick, but it was the truth she had heard from her own mother’s mouth. ”I’m sure with the right amount to craze, she wouldn’t hesitate to do that to your fresh, new, teething pups.”

Did he truly think that she just needed advice? She was through with the advice. His sons gave her nothing but advice. She had not come up to Crow’s Tower for advice; she came here for answers. She had questions that needed answers, not advice.

She snorted with amusement, ”So you’re gonna give me advice that’s gonna make all my pain go away, right Kentaro?” Her ice cold façade gave way to sarcastic amusement for a moment while she laughed at his poor attempt at comforting her. Or was he even trying to do that? ”She had space when she was here with us. We weren’t forcing her to do anything. She was free to come and go as she pleased. Why would she just leave? Is losing one parent not enough, now we have to lose two?”

”Maybe if you paid attention to me more, you’d know that I have not thrown away my duties, like the mother you are so eager to compare me to.” There was venom in her words that she couldn’t help but release. Her words dripped with a greenish poison, solidifying the image of the snake that she’d truly become. ”But no, of course you are way too busy with Amorette's family that you don’t notice the important things here, like what I’ve been doing for your pack.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Kentaro sat there unmoving. Normally members didn't come here so normally he was safe from dealing with things while here. He stood as he listened the the venom that seemed to seeth from the anger she held hidden. He understood her pain but at this moment she'd not listen. She was an adult now one who didn't need her mother just like he had been when his mothers left.

Kentaro growled as he picked up a piece of dried meat passing it to Pandora. He could feel himself tensing as she spoke. He couldn't look at her for a moment he couldn't do anything as he took a solid breath. Counting in his head trying to make himself feel at ease as he turned back to her.

The crows fidgeted sensing his anger as he moved across the room. "Pain just doesn't go away Lithia" his tone deep as he forced himself to hold composure. "Your mother would have died at my hands had she hurt my children." But she just kept talking and by the time he was close to her. Kentaro slammed his fist against the wall as he snarled tumbleweed eyes glared at her as he spoke.

"Never once would I compare you to Axelle I hated your mother. But she was still family." He snapped as he took in a breath. "Amorette is MY MATE! Our children have my attention. They are babies and need their parents. She and them have nothing to do with you. I've had enough problems to not want to deal with you thinking I don't care about you. You want attention find a man who can give it to you because I'm not the one!" His tone snapped as he glanced away.

"Anathema is OUR PACK not just mine. I feel like a broken record we are a family unit Lithia you are working to improve and protect lives of all not just mine." She didn't understand a thing as she stood there. He slammed the wall again backing away from her. "don't continue to bring Amorette into this." His tone evened as he tried to simmer the boil. Many of the crowd had taken off at the first slam against the wall not wanting to be in the room with him.
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:27 pm

OOC - blahh sucky post. Hopefully next one will be better.

300+
WORDS

At one moment, Kentaro was sitting on his couch, and the next he was striding over to her with rage in his eyes. His fist met the stone right next to her head, and while Lithia didn't flinch, she physically tensed. In the moment, she curled her lip showing disgust. She remained still - tense, but still - as he stood before her.

Hate is a strong word. Don’t say you hated my mother because you didn’t. Keeping someone like her on your council, with power, for years does not show the least bit or hate or even caution.” Really, she didn’t know how long Axelle led by his side, but she knew that they had a long history together just by context. ”She was only family to you because you had no choice. It’s the customs of your pack.”

In the next moment, he resorted to speaking rather loudly than he had been and the woman squinted against the racket directed in her face. He emphasized his family, Amorette, his pups, babies, etc. Lithia couldn’t help but adopt a tired expression and roll her eyes at him when he went on and on about family - his family. However, eventually he resorted to addressing the real problem - her jealousy. Her face lost its sneer when he clarified something.

”...because I’m not the one!”

Pink eyes lost their sarcasm, their amusement, and everything fell away. The anger inside of her simmered as she realized something. Kentaro had been toying with her emotions. All this time. Making her believe that there was a chance when there never was in the first place. The pit in her stomach became heavier and she realized her purpose for doing everything had been for nothing. Kentaro would never pay attention to her the way she wanted him to. She had no competition against Amorette or any of their children, and despite her beliefs, she never did.

Pushing from the windowsill, Lithia brushed against him as she made her way toward the back of another old, dusty couch in the room. She stood by that, putting distance between them so that Kentaro wasn’t so close to her anymore.

”No, Anathema is your pack. You run the show here.” Her voice was rough and little hesitant, and she avoided his gaze for the moment - still dealing with her inner demons. ”I don’t want anything to do with your family,” she began in a snarl, still avoiding his gaze. ”Headed by an impulsive Angelo who does nothing but get the pack in trouble and argue with his brother over the rights of this fucking place.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Kentaro could careless what Lithia thought of him. Kentaro was annoyed agrivated and just wanted to hit something. The wall was his target as he slammed his fist again against it. Corse rock wall scuffed the skin under his dark fur. He needed to leave this room he needed to get away. The Napier line all hated him watched him like Hawks and never let him be.

"Keep your friends close and enemies closer." He commented as he looked at Lithia. "Your mother and I were like fire and ice. I had to watch her, but I had trust in her." He ran a hand over his face as he tried to simmer down. "Your mother was a good leader and an amazing warrior. I respected her, I hated her, I feared her, I couldn't stand her." He spoke. Axelle had been the bane of his exsistance.

To young to know all he did to young to know al the sins her mother had caused the pack. To young was the Napier before her. "Brash, bullheaded, arrogant. Maybe a bit impulsive but always for the right reason." He spoke his tone calming as he stared at the grey stone wall. "You weren't born yet, you didn't see the things I saw. You didn't get to whiteness your mothers failure , my mothers failure as leaders. My uncle barely a year old attacked and almost killed by Casa wolves. New dawn threatening war, members attack by dawners for one of their members left and came to anathema. She became a caretaker but they thought we held her captive." He had a rough childhood seeing all of it. "If I could I'd destroy Casa too." He spoke. Some of what he spoke about had been the child's point of view. He never really knew all the reasons for things starting nor did he care. "I was raised with each member was family. No matter who it is within this land we are family."

"You want someone else leading speak up. You seemed to defend me now you attack me which is it Lithia?" He asked as he turned looking to her. He had told her before that he wasn't the one she needed to realize this.
Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 am

(500+) ooc text here.

Lithia was quiet through much of Kentaro’s speech. She just listened because that was all she could do. He stated facts about her mother – those which she knew some of, and some she didn’t. Either way, all of them made sense and all of them fit her character. Kentaro said he kept her around because he didn’t like her – he needed her there to watch her. Something dawned on her and she could have sworn they had a similar conversation like this before… and even then, she thought of him as stupid. Maybe he wanted to say he hated Axelle, but when it came time to show it, he had nothing.

However, his next set of words put some context into that. He feared her. Now, that was an interesting little tidbit of information. She made a mental note of it and tucked it away for later use. So, Kentaro did feel emotions when they weren’t wrapped around Amorette’s finger… He feared her mother? Oh! That was scandalous

Lithia snickered at the thought of it, and maybe a little in Kentaro’s face too just for the sake of it.

He continued going into history that happened before her time, and it annoyed her that he seemed to throw his age around when he was the most immature out of them two. She hated being reminded that she wasn’t there for all of it. She hadn’t even been a mere idea when this all went down, she was sure. But he didn’t have to throw it in her face every time.

…And now that he mentioned it – what did this history lesson have to do with anyway?

”Wait… What are you talking about now? Caretakers? She? She who?” She was lost now, and maybe that had been his intention. Maybe he was just going off on a rant that had a little bit to do with Axelle, and a lotta bit to do with his own problems.

Finally, he snapped and he gave her the ultimatum. Was she to attack or defend him? Knowing that he truly didn’t see them as a possibility, the answer was easy. She would easily attack him – but that would easily land her in a pretty bad situation, probably dead. Attacking him physically or mentally would not do. If that were the case, she’d instantly be surrounded by more enemies than family. And defending him was now out of the question. She couldn’t believe that she defended and devoted herself to this prick for all these months. Everything became clear. Everything.

”Neither,” she grumbled, casting her gaze away from him. She would linger to hear what he had to say, but their conversation was finished for the most part. Unless he wanted to rant about Axelle a little more, she'd offer nothing new up for the taking. Any other day, she’d let him prattle on, spilling important little tidbits of information like splashes of water – but today she was mentally uncomfortable. She was unsettled. She needed to be alone to sort through things.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Kentaro huffed as he hit the wall. She made him so mad. He looked out the window and slammed the wall again counting to himself as he turned to her again. Foolish child why did she torture him so. He needed to get out of this room. He needed to cool off let steam roll. He grumbled as he moved to the door.

As he moved down the stairs he passed his brother. Toshiro scoffed as he moved up the stairs. The top of the crows tower had few crows in it and a rather angry Lithia. Toshiro looked at her his pale eyes cool as he watched her. "What did he do to you?" He asked his tone not forceful or condescending. Concern was the only thing the sun kissed brother felt for the girl. She had lost everything and he knew more so how that felt then anyone.

Toshiro leaned against the wall. She looked fuming, "you can talk to me. I know how you feel the golden child would never understand."
Kentaro Lykoi

Dead Topics