Chop Your Own Wood and It Will Warm You Twice

Thread Prompt: Increase Pack Stores

POSTED: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:18 am

[[Backdated

WC: 340]]

Gaspesia's forest would have a little more sunlight reaching it's earth, with a long line of trees that had been removed for the sake of the trade route between their recent allies by a very diligent man with a very obvious lacking of past times. There had been things dappled here and there in between his scouting and lumber jacking that he could claim as his own work, but he opted not to have the time to roam about bragging about his furnishings for Sapient. The pack would realize his work soon enough, and with it, Shaamah would find himself in no different a task set.

Midnight Shore's might send word back of his gift, and if not, it wasn't of any concern. Storm probably wouldn't tell a soul who he'd been trapped with, but that was obviously out of the Krokar man's control. At least the beast had some leather armor waiting for him in Krokar, whenever it was Tyris was able to finish the commission. Biding the time until that day were to come was an easy enough task until Shaamah had run out of places to put the firewood he'd come up with. He'd have to find a new hobby, but until then, he'd move the unused portions into the store room so it might dry.

His short trips were from the Stables to the Storage in the Estate. He'd already left a bundle in the workshop for the more creative Sapien's to enjoy, and now he was topping off anything that had been used for the past few days from the store room. The hulking beast leaned through the door and moved through the center room of the grand Estate main hall, making his way to the entrance before heading to the stables again. There would be at least three more trips if he were to continue alone, until the store room was packed and he could move on to the daily border patrol.
Last edited by Shaamah on Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show'em the Ol'Razzle Dazzle
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

Tierney Brádaigh
And I am feeling so small, it was over my head. I know nothing at all
Can we fudge date to something more recent maybe? And you clearly do not have enough Kitty threads. SO HERE. Have another <3
Word Count: [228] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Changing shifts with Diamid in the care of their latest litter, the Nemain born daughter padded leisurely down the hall way, the patter of nails upon worn wooden floor boards echoing in her head, shifting only to that of metal and stone as she decended down the stair case, weaving a path through the narrower halls before entering into the larger space of the Estate’s main hall. Everyone else seemed so preoccupied with their own lives of late, with two litters born to the pack and pending alliances and collaborative projects, there seemed to be little dallying about.

It was starting to get eerily creepy how productive everyone was being. Sooner or later something had to crack, someone had to cause a scene or have a party.

Suffice to say, she was relatively surprised to cross paths with another Sapient, let alone the recently promoted Opus Summus and her tentative snow buddy, Shaamah. A strange fellow rarely crossed paths with, yet there he stood. Both him and Miwa had done well to climb the ranks, whilst she herself was content to loiter and dedicate her time and energy to her family; hierarchy was of little interest to her at the moment, although perhaps once Kadir and Dareios were set off on their own lives, she could give them hell over the positions they scrambled after.

“Shaamah. You busy?”

Table by Kitty. Image Credits: eveningstars242@DA

We are the ones who will never be broken
WITH OUR FINAL BREATH, WE'LL FIGHT TO THE DEATH

Kitty
Luperci Oh Morrígan, guide me through this dark night Off with their heads
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:06 am

[[wc 259

OOC All the kitty threads! YAY]]

The clapping of ivory to stone had called to his attention before the vista of Tierney arriving at the foot of the steps. The soldier didn't give the sight much thought, a simple dip of his crown gave her a greeting as he continued through the main hall and to the grand estate entrance. His gait was brought to an abrupt halt as her voice echoed in the hall, and heterochromic gaze reached over his shoulder to find her, before facing the woman completely.

"In no particular manner, Tierney", He offered up to the strange question. The soldier was always busy, and in the rare occasions that he wasn't, he was on the shores. Either way, all of his tasks were simply busy work, despite the fact that he liked it that way, "I aim to fetch one last bundle of firewood and a patrol at the borders before the day is through. I have ample time to spare, should you need to partition it", He offered the woman, the scent of her young coming to his pastel snout now.

The soldier was clueless as to why she might ask, 'lest she need aide from him in some manner, though it seemed out of character for her. The mind of a mother might be to blame, but to voice such a thing was beyond the soldier. He simply crossed his arms over his chest, his shoulders leaning back a bit to stretch his core if she sought to give him another task that might mean more lifting.
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 am

Tierney Brádaigh
ooc <3
Word Count: [233] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

From the bottom of the steps she watched him, unsure what to make of the hulking warrior. As usual the wording of his speech was strange; stilted almost. Shaamah had never struck her as a foreign member, yet his speech was so stiff and cautiously worded, much like her own had been when first learning English. Curiosity was a dangerous thing and his past was his secret to keep, for she herself had her own skeletons and knew that prying was not a welcome thing for many.

“Well, if you don't mind the company I can lend you a hand?” stepping forward, her own arms lifting to cross over her own chest, mimicking his posture. Truthfully she was content to do any work and hadn't sought him out specifically. Rejection would be no skin off her back, simply freeing her to go elsewhere and find other work or Sapiens to aid.

“Twice the bodies, twice the work, half the time and all that” shrugging her shoulders, she huffed out a breath, the soft air blowing stray strands of hair away from her muzzle. Features hardened a little, the smallest of frowns marring her expression, words dancing across her tongue as she began to feel the need to justify her offer. Biting the words off she watched his face, accessing if her presence would be unwelcome or her aid would be appreciated.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Shaamah couldn't help the lowering of his brow and the narrowing of his eyes at her offer, especially as she mocked his posture. It wasn't out of irritation, as it might usually be spawned by, but more so out of silent inquisition. The beast just wasn't used to be offered help so readily, and his nature wouldn't completely accept it. Sapient, however, had different ways of working than the worlds he had lived in before. He took in a breath, assessing the situation before deciding that it wouldn't do any harm to have the work done sooner. At least, the only harm it would cause is more free time that Shaamah might have to fill later, but the beaches were usually quiet at night.

The soldier dipped his crown in a single nod, her persuasion enough to solidify his deciding. She was, after all, a member of Sapient, as was he. Working together to achieve a similar goal, was the purpose of pack life. He couldn't deny that,” I will show you where the last bundles are kept,” With a side cast gesture of his muzzle and a long exhale, his arms moved to his sides and he continued the path he had made before, assuming the woman to follow. He could have asked her exactly why she had decided to aid him, but it was likely the same reason as she had spoken before. Half the time and twice the work. If that were the case, it would be mighty pleasant for the soldier to meet someone else in Sapient who valued work over socialization.

A dark hand parked on the handle of the Estates grand entrance, opening the door to the chill of the winter world that lapped at their faces. The small journey was made to the stables, the eaves of the roof holding the snow at bay from the last bits of firewood left from Shaamah's route clearing. A broad hand motioned to the last of the load that rested against the cold ground when they neared. The last bundles weren't anything to sneeze at, considering Shaamah's comparative strength to the usual luperci by height and weight alone. The beast silently moved to the far end, gathering wood into his arms in the same fashion as they had been laid. The stack in his grip was becoming something impressive when he finally offered up words to break the shivering of the crinkling ice,” It's a shortcoming, that I haven't produced more,” His words still formal, still stiff, though just lined with the slightest bit of personality. The barren ground where the massive woodpile once sat made the soldier second guess how much wood was needed for the winter here. He'd have to adjust later, and possibly drop another tree to make up for it.
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:33 pm

Tierney Brádaigh
ooc <3
Word Count: [237] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Shadowing the hulking warrior’s steps, it struck her as belatedly amusing that Shaamah would take it upon himself to do something as mundane and domesticated as moving firewood. Honestly she found it hard to picture him doing anything other than being disgruntled and fighting things, which was why she oddly enjoyed his company. If anything he was entertaining to be around, even when the joke was usually on him and he was never laughing.

In silence they moved from the Estate and out to the stables, the bundle of firewood that he’d mentioned coming into view shortly after. Following his lead, she moved closer and began gathering a fair load within her own arms as he did so upon the opposing end.

“If you’re fishing for compliments, you won’t get any from me” she responded tartly as his formal statement about the lack of production. If this was what he deemed as little she was somewhat terrified to see what the male would consider a reasonable amount of fire wood. This was enough to get them by for now.

“Where you looking to re-locate this to? The estates inside storage rooms or somewhere else?” something that she probably should have asked before she’d loaded herself up with wood quite so heavily. Leaning back, she allowed the pile to slide and rest against her chest, freeing her arms up a little to shift to a more comfortable hold.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sun May 15, 2016 10:48 pm

[[wc 268]]

“If it were compliments I desired, I would be working for you, not beside you,” He returned quickly to Tierney, his reaction sped up by the tone of her words though it was spoken plainly rather than accusingly. He'd let alone that the woman might consider a short-coming something to compliment by any means. They obviously had very different thoughts about the small situation altogether, though he never met the woman with as much disdain as he gifted Miwa. As far as Tierney was concerned, she made herself an honest living with little suspicions in Shaamah's mind. That could change in the future as they seemed to be spending more time together as he made himself a name in the territory, but it wasn't likely. Tierney seemed far too brash and direct to make any decent kind of liar.

As he had finished stacking his arms and rising to his feet, her question rose her lips, to which he'd offer her a reply that didn't hold any semblance that he'd been given a tart response but a moment ago,” The Forge,” His words seemed curt, though that could have been the great amount of wood against his chest pressing his words out much more quickly than he had intended. With that, he made his way around Tierney and charted the way up and around the estate, though he didn't do much more than offer an ear back if she found herself in a bit of trouble with her stack, footing, or whatever small happening might plague his once quiet workday.
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

Dead Topics