Tap your shoes three times and say there's no place but home

Thread Prompt

POSTED: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:54 am

No place like home!
Ensure your character has a claimed residence! Have a thread in your character or another characters rooms! (Don't forget to update the wiki with a description of your space!)

• (WC) 357
  • (Date) ---
  • (Territory) The Government Estate. Vedetta's room. :O Could be interesting
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

He was tired. Most of the day had been spent etching at one of his attempts at leather clothing. He'd seen pictures of corsets in books but he'd never really tried that hard to recreate the image therein. Humans had to of had deft hands and nimble fingers in order to etch the designs they chose to implore. He could only do so much with the clumsy hands of a luperci before he gave up, though in the end, the design he'd created was ornate enough that he'd been proud of it.

He rose to his feet, his eyes averting to the mirror have way across his room. It wasn't much to look at considering pieces were missing and the image was altogether cracked. He could at least partially see how he looked in it and he liked what he saw, despite the fact that he could hardly tell what it was he was looking at.

It was art, in a manner. He strode toward the small shelf where, within, lay his collection of knives. They were useless up here but he knew how to take care of them and most were in need of a good cleaning since it had been a while since they'd been polished or sharpened. He didn't want them to become brittle. He grabbed hold of the collection bag, letting it roll over the desk till each blade glared up at him, retracting the light that bounced from the candles gleaning down upon them. He found his way to the water basin, quietly pulling it close to the desk itself and without much pause, took hold of the whetstone and one of his knives.

He was decent enough at the process. It didn't take much. The knife and the stone needed to be wet in order for the process to work. His father had taught him that midst a few other details that he'd taken to note as a younger man. The evening was still young. He didn't have a whole lot on his plate either. The sharp grate of metal against stone was tiring but it didn't bother him so much.

I'll never wear your broken crown
Sapient
DEAD

Interdum vitae mors

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:25 am

Tierney Brádaigh
And I am feeling so small, it was over my head. I know nothing at all
Casually stealing an AW, don't mind me!
Word Count: [347] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Hiking the bag up to a higher, more comfortable position upon her shoulder, the Nemain born daughter ploughed her way through the corridors, nostrils twitching as she sought out familiar scents. A willing sacrifice was needed to accompany her, for she knew full well that the task she sought to look into would require a multitude of opinions, experiences and viewpoints. Such was the manner of defending their territory; if she could defend it all and make it impenetrable with just her own thoughts and skills, then she would.

The southern point was of some concern to her, given its proximity to human ruins that provided ample cover and hiding spots for anyone who wished to lurk near their borders, alongside the face that it was that very border that held the closest neighbour to the entirety of Sapient and unlike their western friends in Krokar, interactions with this southern pack were limited.

As such, she had intended to find some unwilling sap and drag them out with her to scout the area. To get a stronger feel for the terrain and a more informed idea of how much of a problem things would be down there. Morrigan, blessed god of three, may favour her children in the selection of those who die upon the battlefield, but this was not her home and many here did not believe or deserve the protection of her gods to see them through times of war.

It was by sheer luck of the draw that she paused outside of his room, his being the first she’d come across that was occupied. Vedetta was a stranger to her, although from what little she was aware of the male he seemed a decent enough creature, dedicated to his work much like his father. Both creatures so solemn and serious, their differing appearances did little to mask the fact they were tied with blood when one compared their equally brooding expressions.

Rapping her knuckles across the door, she stepped back and awaited to see if he could be convinced to come along with her.

Table by Kitty. Image Credits: eveningstars242@DA

We are the ones who will never be broken
WITH OUR FINAL BREATH, WE'LL FIGHT TO THE DEATH

Kitty
Luperci Oh Morrígan, guide me through this dark night Off with their heads
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:42 am

• (WC) 422
  • (Ooc) Rambly. First post in a little bit. <3 Will get better.
  • (Territory) The Government Estate. Vedetta's room.
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

He didn't believe in a god or goddess. He'd never really had a reason to. In the past, it might have been easy to turn to one such being but the idea of settling weakly into the beliefs of those who had for years been lost, weakly, in their sacrificial worship to the deities had given him a rather curt opinion of the matter. He did not dismay when coming across an individual who worshiped a god or believed in them but when it was brought to the forefront of the conversation, even with his social skills, he couldn't help but avert his gaze and attention elsewhere, his mind preoccupied by something else.

He hadn't had that problem here. It seemed that not many believed in those foolish notions and those that did kept relatively quiet about it, at least to the forefront of his knowledge. With the sharp recoil of the stone against his blade, he almost lost track of time. It was peaceful, being by one's lonesome. He enjoyed the comfort of his room. The entrance had a lock though he'd never had to use it. Something in the back of his mind told him that it didn't even work, though the room itself closed rather well, always resounding with a click each time he entered its premises.

He rose from his seat when the knock alarmed at the door, mauve gaze resting on the door's peephole for an instant before he moved to stand before it, hand tugging it open ever so lightly so he could peer over the individual that rested there.

He'd seen her several times, heard her voice lilt through the hallways and in the public rooms of the estate when he was in the relative area though he'd never really taken the time to approach her. He knew her mate was one of the Opus and she had taken up the same mantle. While he still rested at Sodalis, he knew it wouldn't be long before he carried the mantle to a higher rank. His father had only just recently been lifted in the ranks though he spent more time with him than other members of the pack. "Hello," he managed, his hand lifted to lightly push back some of the hair falling in his face.

"There a problem?" It was easy to understand why he'd think that, considering she was an opus and he was a capable fighter in his own sense. Though, he did find it odd that her knock had been light.

Sapient
DEAD

Interdum vitae mors

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:32 am

Tierney Brádaigh
Word Count: [342] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Dark toned fingers danced across the leather bound handle of the dagger, the small bone creation of her making sharp and simplistic in design, carefully holstered snugly to her thigh within easy reach of her hand. With each beat of her fingers to a nameless song along the worn grip, her tail swayed sharply in impatience; it was not necessarily her in her nature to be unable to remain still, for she was capable of hunting and stalking with the best of them. No, it was the simple fact that she had a plan and wanted it to already be in motion that pressed upon her and drew out the restless parts of her.

By the time the male responded she was half a mind to leave, assuming that he was simply going to ignore her, faces and names dancing behind her eyes as she contemplated who else she could drag out along with her. Fortunately, he did open the door, green eyes flicking from where they had wandered to stare down the empty hallway back to the male’s door, taking in the brightly hued Auditore. Withdrawing her hand away from her blade, she placed it upon a propped out hip, inclining her head at his greeting as a means of giving her own non verbal one.

“No problem. Vedetta, right?” there wasn’t really a need to clarify his name, given that she had little doubt he knew who she was and her the same. Limited past interactions did however dictate that it was only polite to confirm and do some semblance of name and personal detail exchange.

“I was hoping to nab someone to help me with something. Second opinion if you will, of the nature of our borders and how to best secure them” not just a second opinion, but she also desired several more. The feedback from many would look over the same subject matter from various angles, better preparing them against a range of character types that may seek to disrupt the idle lifestyle Sapiens had so thoroughly established.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:00 am

• (WC) 423
  • (Ooc) ---
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

He'd probably taken too long but it wasn't a bother to him. He was inclined to go at his own pace. It made for better quality work than just rushing something and coming back to it later. The darker hued girl was full of sass, he guessed, but she was friendly enough. His glance over her had offered two clues. One, she'd had her hand at her bone knife and the other was that she wasn't very patient even if it had only taken him a couple of minutes to get to the door. He tugged it open the rest of the way, letting his hands grip either corner of his leather jacket before it was tugged further over his chest to outdo the cold rushing in from the hallway.

"Yeah, Vedetta. Guessing yours is Tierney, right?"He shifted pushing back further in the room so that the door was held open for the girl to move into his personal space. "Feel free to come in. I've got work to do. It won't take long, will it?" He was always willing to help another pack member though the idea of a female warrior asking for opinions did sort of give him an inkling of interest in her ideal patrolling habits. He hadn't made much of a show of doing so since his brother had died, though it had been on his mind more often than not.

Whether she came in or whether she remained outside, it didn't matter. He was still heading out of the door irregardless. He just wanted a way to protect himself other than his hands. He could go ahead and pick up on some tracks for his daily hunting if nothing else too.

He walked across the room, grabbing hold of his bow from the back of his desk, his quiver off to the side. The girl was easy as far as he could see but he'd seen her with another male throughout the halls. He knew she had children and that made it unnecessary for him to flirt his way close to the girl, even if it was of a shameless nature. With the quiver slung over his left shoulder, he pushed himself into the middle of the room.

"Ready? Won't take long to get to the borders if we hurry now." He made no note of the knives spread out on the old desk, or the water basin next to it. The knife would be dried by the time he got back and he could finish the rest.

Sapient
DEAD

Interdum vitae mors

POSTED: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Tierney Brádaigh
Word Count: [233] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

“Last time I checked, yeah” a simple response to his question, completing the ever mundane task of introductions. Arms folding under her breasts, she leaned a shoulder up against the door way, opting to linger there rather than fully enter the Auditore’s space. Green eyes watched him move around with only mild interest as he picked up a bow and an accompanying quiver, a hunter’s weapon of choice if ever there was one aside from the old fashioned teeth and claws every canine possessed.

“Planning on hunting whilst we’re out? I was going to ride Killian out, to reach the borders quicker, if you can manage from horseback just fine and can ride all the same” there were several horses roaming freely around the estate area, with the stallions and less friendly creatures housed within stalls and paddocks put aside for them. Some she knew were communal stock, given that Keir would complain and be seen interacting with those particular individuals more often than those with dedicated owners; however, there were many she was not familiar with and therefore was unsure as to who could ride and who actually owned horses among the pack.

“Although we can always walk if that is easier for you?” she pegged onto the end, trying to be accommodating given that she had turned up without prior arrangements being made and was asking a favour of the male.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:25 pm

• (WC) 320
  • (Ooc) Sorry for the rambly. <3
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

She didn't enter his room, even though he'd left the invitation up for her rather than simply forcing her to stay outside. He was okay with that, considering he didn't allow very many in here for one reason or another. Being polite was his forte, though. For a moment, he wondered at whether or not it was right for another individual's mate to linger inside of another male's room, especially when that invitation had come through that male..

It probably wasn't. He could only hurry up in his action. He didn't think it was wrong for her to be conscious of her decisions. He didn't blame her for her response. It actually brought a hint of respect into the way he reacted to it, not that it would have mattered otherwise, considering she was of a higher rank than him to begin with. He was only a leather worker but he also enjoyed hunting which she caught at first sight.

"Not really. It's a good chance to scope out the area. If a chance, too good to be true, pops up, I'll probably take a shot but I like to be ready, all the same," he answered with a light, kindred smile. He inched toward the door, finally ready to go and gave a nod of head in answer. "Horseback sounds fine by me. I need to take my own out for exercise soon anyway." He hadn't really expected to go out today but it was a good chance all the same. She was brilliant for even suggesting it.

Making sure he had all he needed, from a few knives in the pockets of his jacket to the flint and rod of steel tucked safely away at the back of his quiver, he settled in place, only glancing at her when he was done. "I'm ready when you are. Lead the way."

Sapient
DEAD

Interdum vitae mors

POSTED: Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:22 pm

Tierney Brádaigh
Word Count: [290] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

Surprised, green eyes darted over to the rust hued male. So he had a horse of his own? Running a mental list of the ones she’d seen around the pack lands and those kept within the stables, none particularly struck her as a match to the Auditore male, which wasn’t all that surprising given how little she truly knew about him. Often she simply lumped him and his father together, treating them in the same manner which was clearly not quite a wise thing to do.

Dipping her head, she turned sharply and began making her way through the estate and out to the stables, listening for the sound of footfalls to ensure that he was keeping up okay with her. Not one for small talk, she entered the stables and began to the task of briskly grooming Killian down and tacking him up, leading the large bay stallion out of his stall and into the large hallway that ran through the expanse of the stables.

Nostrils flaring as she took in the scents, she looked around seeking out Vedetta and he apparent stallion. Already she’d done a similar routine to this with Miwa, taking her fellow Opus out to the area of concern and using the others unique skills and experience to get her take on things; as they’d headed out, traps and poison had been discussed, which were viable options even if there was a chance of them backfiring on a drunk Sapien on their way home. Which, unfortunately, was an all too feasible possibility.

Moving to the side of Killian, she pulled herself up onto his back, his hooves dancing on the hard floor for a moment before he settled down.

“Ready when you are, pretty boy”

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:51 pm

• (WC) 397
  • (Ooc) Forced post atm. :P
  • (Territory) The Stables
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) Veloce

The moon was higher in the sky than he'd expected for an evening that was meant to be cold. On several occasions, he'd left the comfort of the inside for the bleak cold of winter in order to cool his thoughts and drive him into action. Tonight was no different. After the two led their way outside in the silence and out of the windy outdoors to the stables where the horses were kept, he quickly drove himself into action.

Veloce was confident in greeting Vedetta, quite like his rider more than anything. At first, Vedetta caught sight of the light up and down movement of his stallion's head. In an instant, it was given a treat. He'd fed him earlier in the day, cleaned out the stalls. It didn't take much work to make a horse happy.

Preparing a horse for a hunt might have been different from trying to simply take them for a ride. They took a bit more care, considering they could be out all night rather than just for an hour or two. He quietly went about the usual chores, brushing him down, cloaking a blanket over his back, taking knots from his mane. Animals were best left open to their surroundings. He brushed Veloce down, keeping him tied up to the stalls front post so as to make sure that he didn't reach around to try and bite him. He only had on occasion but it was enough to let Vedetta know that the horse wasn't just a simple beast.

Readied, he took hold of the reins, untying them from the stall in order to pull the newly saddled horse from it's usual haunt and eventually to the center of the room. He wasn't going to get on him till he was outside. He was too big to simply ride him from the stables. The door felt too small to him. Besides, Veloce had a habit of whipping into high gear. He didn't want to give him the chance to simply rush ahead without his permission.

When he crossed the boundaries of the stable, he reached over, grabbing hold of his saddle's horn and with one hefty tug, his body rose onto the leather-backed rider and he let his gaze cut to her. "Lead the way. I'm sure you have a part of the border you'd like to check out first."

Sapient
DEAD

Interdum vitae mors

POSTED: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Tierney Brádaigh
Word Count: [343] Form: Optime Date: -- Time: --

“Southern point is where I’m looking to start upon. Try out a few different methodologies and see what works and doesn’t. Lots of different opinions from the pack on how they think it would be best secured, so I’m just collecting opinions and experiences to mesh together” turning Killian away from the stables, she began to encourage the stallion to pick up the pace, already familiar with the route out there from constant patrols and time spent examining the site. Keeping to a hard pace, she aimed to make good time and get out there, not caring for small talk and focusing purely on covering as much ground as possible.

As she’d already covered with Miwa, it was a combination of pack proximity and the adjuring ruins that held her concerns. Traps would work to some degree, to catch any lesser thinking creature seeking to test Sapient mental, yet was not a sure fire way. It went without saying that patrols could also only do so much; records of history, both luperci and human, fiction and trust, always had individuals slipping past patrols by employing a variety of skills and methods.

Of course, then there was the application of animals which had the perk of free dedicated labour, had the drawback of species limitations and the resources required to acquire and train such creature to the point of use, which would be a length process. Poison had been toyed with; something not fatal but enough to cause some irritation.

What Vedetta could add to her growing list of options remained to be seen.

It was only when they drew close, both horse and rider hard of breath from the pace she set, did she bother to turn and seek out conversation with Vedetta.

“This is the site. As you can see, the ruins not too far from here provide ample cover for those approaching our borders.” Shrugging, green eyes stared at him, allowing for him to take in the sights and remaining silent as to not impose more of her opinion onto him.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

Dead Topics