Two lost souls on a one way track

Sybil

POSTED: Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Leonardo Auditore
I am more, I am more than innocent. But just take a chance and let me in
Urgh, i suck at starting!

Shaking out his hands beside them, he raised them gingerly to cup the end of his maw, blowing lightly upon charcoal fingers numbed by winters bite. Behind the doors of the estate, warmth slowly beginning to return to him, a much need reprieve from the winds that plagued the world outside; ideal winds for something he had in mind, if the young Moineau was free and interested in trying her luck outside today.

Heading down the corridors and out towards the western staircase, purple eyes dropped down to watch his paws step upon the worn wooden floor boards, unwilling to meet anyone’s eyes or get drawn into conversation. There was only one reason he was heading up to the second floor and thankfully he made it there without interruption, covering the estate in what could be considered record him he soon enough found himself outside Sybil’s personal quarters.

Rapping his knuckles on the wooden door, he stepped back, sliding his hands into the pockets of his trousers, shoulders hunching a little into himself as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other. Surprisingly he didn’t mind the company of the young Moineau; despite being so much like her father, even in the less than flattery sense, she didn’t grind upon his last nerve like the Sagax managed to do.

“Sib, it’s Leo. You in?” his voice was soft, not wanting to draw attention to himself, but at the same time wanting to hurry things along and get outside to work, disliking standing around wasting time.

Word Count: [257] Form: Optime Date: Inherit Time: Inherit

Table by Kitty. Image Credits: mercurycode@DA, dawnthieves.de/

I won't believe in heaven and hell
No saints, no sinners, no devil as well
No pearly gates, no thorny crown

POSTED: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:03 pm

+300 Starters are the worst.

Sybil relaxed in her room, laying against her bed and staring up at the ceiling. Lately it didn't seem like there was really much for her to do. What skills she did have needed some fine tuning and a certain other member of the pack. He wasn't always around when she needed him, leaving her with not many options. Maybe she should look into take care of some of the other animals. It seemed she was already doing well with Naseer, so perhaps there was a chance she would be good with the others. It would at least be something to divert her attention as well as get her off the backs of other members. While she was not as much of a bother like her father was, she was still just that, like him.

The coyote girl's ears turned to the familiar sound of a knock coming from her door. The voice following the knock was what she had hoped for. It was Leonardo. A smile creased across her muzzle as she sat up, addressing the door, Give me a moment. The girl moved off her bed and stood up. Hands moved to her jacket and shorts as she straightened them out. She adjusted the long strands of her hair and the feathers that hung from them. Her necklaces fell into place as she fixed the rest of herself. She would at least want to look as presentable as she could in her choice of clothing.

Her hand moved to the door, slowly pulling it open as she leaned against the door frame. Her light blue gaze turned up to the darker man as a smile formed along her muzzle, What can I do for you today Leo? Or perhaps what can you do for me? Assuming that was the reason that he came here of course. What other reason would Leonardo come to see her?

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Leonardo Auditore
Urgh, i suck at starting!

Amusement spiked within him at the sight of her blue hair as she opened her door; what had once been a striking pale white no longer existed. What possessed her to do it, he couldn’t say, although he would reluctantly admit that it, despite being exceptionally strange to him, did suit her and leave a lasting impression.

“Weather is promising some harsh winds. Was wondering if you wanted to take the blues out and get some work in less advantageous weather. Test their strengths and weaknesses, as well as work on their handling when they actually have to put effort into the tasks” the blues referred to the two Chilean hawks he’d acquired for them a few months back in a custom weapon trade commission; the female he’d kept for himself and had yet to name, her larger size and more aggressive behaviour an interesting challenge to say the least. Naseer, as he’d been named, had gone to Sybil as a gift and to encourage her interest in the art of working with birds.

“I’ve got a load of dry meat on me and it should be interesting to say the least” by interesting, he meant a likely disaster. Whilst they were great hunting birds, the winds were quick to throw the hawks around and the bonds being established still new, thus limiting the birds motivation to comply and come when called, let alone actually attempt to do any water dipping or hunting manoeuvre practice.

Knowing that he wouldn’t get results though was par the course; it was experience he was after and to further build upon his working relationship with his own Hawk and aid Sybil with hers.

Word Count: [279] Form: Optime Date: Inherit Time: Inherit

POSTED: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Sybil had noticed Leonardo's eyes drift up towards her hair. The last time she had seen him, it was white, but the blue made it look so much nicer. There was one small stripe in her hair near her forehead that was lighter than the rest of it, a small hint of the color her hair used to be. Besides, the blue in her hair matched her eyes, and the bird that Leonardo himself had gifted her with. All together, it was just a much better choice than the white she had before.

Speaking of the Naseer himself, the darker male had come to offer her with more training, especially since there were going to be some rougher winds that the birds would have to deal with. The coyote girl was never one to turn down these kinds of lessons. The darker man claimed that he had plenty of dry meat, and that this was sure to be interesting. She couldn't agree more, though Naseer was known to have a bit of a temper with her. Even still, if he was going to be well trained, he would have to get used to flying at some of the worst times. What if something were to happen where she actually needed him? Better for them to be prepared for the worst.

Sybil passed Leonardo, exiting her room and heading for the stairs. Her head turned around as she smiled, Let's not waste any time then. Let's get the hawks and get started. Light paws carried her down the stairs, though she waited at the exit for the darker man to catch up with her. It would be no use going ahead of him too far, or she would have to wait longer for her lesson.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:05 pm

Leonardo Auditore
OOC goes here

Easing back, he watched in amusement as she exited her room, moving out towards the stairs, pausing only to smile over her shoulder and give her demands. Yup. She was Niv’s kid that was for sure; not even wretched coyote blood could apparently smother the cockiness that ran through her veins. With a shake of his head he fell into step behind her, making quick work down the rickety steps and out towards the front of the estate.

Situated not too far from the main building was the stables, visible even from a distance. Dante and his unnamed latest addition had taken up to hiding in the woodwork out there, making nuances of themselves when some of the prissier horse types kicked up a fuss about their presence. So far no one had actually gone out of their way to complain about them to him, so he was content to let them stake their claim there for now.

Pushing the large wooden doors open, charcoal hands played with the leather bindings he’d put on that morning to protect his arms; Dante had some manners, although would still naturally cause damage at the best of times, his new female however was all too fond of digging her claws in and truly lacking in the manners department.

Scooping a bit of meat out from the bag hung around his narrow waist, he waved it up in the air and gave a sharp whistle. The female was the first to notice, swooping down and landing with a flourish, beak darting out to snatch up the meet, whilst he caught the leather tie upon her ankle, attaching it to the hook on his own bindings and grasping tightly what remained of the strip.

“Your boy out here too or elsewhere, Sybil?” he hadn’t thought to ask before heading out to the stables where she’d taken to housing her hawk.

Word Count: [315] Form: Optime Date: Inherit Time: Inherit

POSTED: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:36 pm

+300

It wasn't too long before Leonardo had finally caught up with her. His pace was not as fast as her's was, but the distance from her room to the main exit was not far. She had noticed the continued amusement that was plastered on his face. It seemed a common look for her to see, though she did wonder why at time. It made sense because of her hair, but why still? Was he just as excited to teach her as she was to learn, or just saw amusement in her eagerness? Either way, it didn't really matter. She was just happy to have something to do today.

Sybil followed the darker man over to the stables, the two of them being greeted by his own birds. The coyote girl was not at all surprised to see that her own eagle was not there with the rest of them. While Leonardo occupied himself with his own birds, the girl's eyes moved around to try and locate her own. He tended not to be too far away, liking to explore on his own. He was well trained, but still had a bit of an attitude when it came to dealing with her. They were alike in a lot of ways. That's probably why he was her's.

The coyote's attention returned to Leonardo as he asked his question. She gave a shrug of her shoulders, Who knows where he is? He could be anywhere in Sapient. Quite the wanderer that one is. He's never around when you need him. Almost as if on cue, the blue bird flew into the stables and over to Sybil. His head moved down, pulling at a few loose stands in her hair. She quickly turned around, huffing at him, You stop that! The bird seemed to roll its eyes before it landed along her leather jacket. Sybil snorted and then turned her blue eyes back to Leonardo, Well here he is.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:53 am

Leonardo Auditore
OOC goes here

Tightening his grip upon the slither of leather threaded between his fingers, she settled down soon enough without much fuss; not that it would matter if she did try to take flight, with the strip firmly attached through the loop and wound within his grasp. Concern for her health was the only reason he hated it so when she would not settle, her wings flaring out and her balance shot to hell in such instances. Over time he was confident their relationship would improve, even if females were notoriously more stubborn and dominant in behaviour. He simply had to keep chipping away at her until she accepted him as her handler.

Of course, seeing the relationship between Naseer and Sybil did not help his anxieties and impatient over his and the female’s relationship. With envy he watched the hawk pluck and play with Sybil’s hair, Naseer free to roam and do as he pleased, whilst he remained fearful that his female would simply take off and never return.

“You two are getting along well. That’s good” he commented, pushing the envy out of his voice and expression, settling into the role of teacher. “What work have you been doing with him so far? Have you tried hunting and flying in bad winds yet?”

Word Count: [213] Form: Optime Date: Inherit Time: Inherit

POSTED: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:11 am

+300

As much as it seemed like the two of them didn't get along well, Sybil did have care for the hawk, and in turn, Naseer did for her as well. The only wrench in their relationship were the personality habits that the coyote girl had picked up from her father. She was growing used to the blue bird pulling at her hair, but that wasn't going to stop her from being what she was. Her eyes moved up to the darker male as he worked on handling the female that he decided to keep. He seemed to catch on to their tolerance of each other. Sybil couldn't help bu scoff, Well enough when he's good anyways. He'd be much better if he got rid of his little temper.

Naseer pulled again at the loose strands of her hair, causing her head to sharply turn to the side. Her hands moved up, waving at the bird as he moved off her, I said stop that! The hawk gave a retort back at her, waiting for the girl to stop flailing her arms before her returned to her side. She sighed, moving her hand up to the bird, petting gently at his chest feathers, Stupid bird... and don't you dare pull on my hair again for that. Naseer turned his head away, Sybil continuing her petting.

The coyote's attention was brought back forward when Leonardo's tone changed. It was getting time for the lesson itself. Sybil crossed her arms to his question, giving a flick of her tail, No, I haven't. I've only been working on his hunting and scouting in good weather, or at least as good as it can get in winter. Are we going to start this lesson? At this point she was just waiting on him, making sure that the female bird was ready for the lesson.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:48 pm

Leonardo Auditore
OOC goes here

Maintaining the bulk of his attention on the larger female, it was out of the corner of his eye that he watched their antics, a soft smile settling across his maw as the bird and young Moineau bickered; admittedly, the argument was one-sided, but it would appear Naseer was competent at conveying messages without the use of high speech. That or the bird was just plain making a nuisance of itself on a whim; it was hard to tell with raptors at the best of times whether it was in an attempt to communicate or to annoy.

Leading the way outside now that he was comfortable with his grip upon the female and relatively assured she wouldn't try to take off and end up flailing about, his eyes narrowed as he emerged from the shadows of the stables and out into the dull light. Grey skies continued to loom above, promising sharp winds and rain later on, the scent upon the air lacking the tell tale signs of a downpour imminent.

“Well we can most certainly try. Both of them have the builds to be working in poor weather by now, so its just a matter of getting them accustomed to it and gaining experience.” he mused out loud, scanning the grounds and picking a direction at random, to distance themselves from the estate and where the worst of canine traffic would be.

As he moved, he stopped briefly to pick up a large stick, testing it's strength by flexing one end on the ground. Satisfied, he released the leather strap that held the female in place, the hawk taking flight and settling on the distant paddock fence after a few moments. With his hands now free, he pulled out a piece of twine, wrapping it around some dried meet and attaching it to the end of the stick.

“You'll need to find your own stick. I've got spare thread and meat. Start with some basic hunting drills, working them to catch the meet from the sticks as the move in figure of eight”

Word Count: [346] Form: Optime Date: Inherit Time: Inherit

POSTED: Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:49 pm

+300

With the pair of them done with their daily antics, the lesson could finally begin. Leonardo began to lead them outside of the stables and to a location that would be better suited for the two of them to train at. Once they had come, the darker male took the time to deal with his own bird. Sybil couldn't help but feel a little sorry for the darker man. She knew he had been having trouble with the female, while she could have Naseer sitting quietly at her side. The coyote girl moved her arm out, allowing the blue bird to move along it so he could spread his wings and join the female. The two of them sat side by side.

The girl turned her blue eyes to her teacher. Leonardo had bent down, picking up a stick and tieing meat to the end of it. She watched him, though he soon explained that she was going to need her own stick to do the same that he was. She gave him a small nod before her eyes turned down to the ground. She wanted to find one that was nice like her teacher's was. Fingers gently moved over a couple sticks before she decided on the one she was going to use. She grasped the wood in her hands, lifting her body back up and facing the darker male.

The girl waited patiently for Leonardo to hand over the string and meat so that she could follow along in his example. Her ears turned to the side, listening to his instructions while she worked to get her stick ready. Sybil offered back the items as she lifted the stick. Eyes turned over to the male bird as she gave him a whistle. Her hand gripped the one end of the stick, moving it in a figure eight. Eyes watched the bird as he moved up, watching the movement of the meat. He soon dove back down, turning his claws out to grab the meat away from her.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

Dead Topics