believe the sting, proves heart to me

p. Dion | Musquodoboit Valley | BD to 1/26

POSTED: Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:52 am

(500+) For Nina & Dion! Set in Thackary Village (Musquo Valley) and backdated to 1/26.

Her mother’s raven had returned earlier that morning with news – Axelle was located in Thackary Village, staying in their old family home. Perfect. Letting the bird fly freely for its good services, Lithia began preparing her things for travel. She collected her badger-faced Stallion from the stables, equipped herself with her short swords, and headed out towards Old Anathema territory.

Lithia hadn’t been totally sure how their meeting would go, but just knowing that her mother was alive was one thing; to know that Axelle wasn’t avoiding she and Tzila was another. Lithia wanted to give Axelle a piece of her mind on top of all else, though. She wanted to let her know the pain she had caused all of them by giving her own damn children up for the sake of her mate – who, let’s face it, was never coming back anyway. They all knew it.

By the time Lithia reached Thackary Village, she had been all fired up and more than ready to face her mother once and for all. The scents around their old family home were familiar – Axelle had been there recently. Lithia pulled Gezi up to the house and jumped off, carefully climbing the porch steps and pushing the door open. Much to her disappointment, either her mother was hiding or she was no longer there.

Gezi stood idle at the side of the house, nibbling at what grass he could find under the ice. All the while, Lithia began to panic. This was not how it was supposed to go. She was supposed to find Axelle here.

Lithia searched the place for anywhere Axelle could have hidden from her, while trashing what little order it had. Lithia checked all of the rooms, even the ones that appeared to have collapsed since her last visit. There was no sign of her mother here. There was nothing there.

Approaching the front door, Lithia knelt at its border and read the scents that her mother had left behind, both intentionally and unintentionally. A snarl ripped through Lithia’s throat as the information became clear to her: Axelle had not been here for a couple of days.

So what did that mean? It could have meant that her mother had been out hunting far, far away – but why would she do that when there was plenty of game around? It could have meant that somehow she was tipped off by the raven – now that she thought back about it, the note was intimidating – and left. She could have been miles away by now, and how the hell would Lithia find her now?

Rolling her eyes and letting a growl ripple through her form, Lithia exited the house. The door slammed behind her, and it seemed as though the mere sound had offended the Oriax because she planted a powerful kick in the middle of the door, nearly putting her foot through it. Leaving the wooden door with a massive dent in the middle, she stomped down the stairs toward her stallion.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:48 pm

it's a part of me, apart from me

The track was a nice one, like not too long ago people used this path often enough the packed dirt wasn't lost to nature yet. Wether it was made by canines or other creatures, Dion couldn't tell, but he was thankful for the convenience either way. That said it had been a while since he walked this far for so long, and his legs were starting to tire. Not a year ago he could walk twice the distance in half the time, but it seems getting cooped up in his pack for so long had its consequences. He'd just have to live through it.

Lucky for him, he saw a few houses in the distance. They seemed pretty well-kept, or at least as well-kept as could be, considering all the rather shabby ruins left behind. He still knew how to sleep in the open when needed - pack life hasn't spoiled him out of that yet -, but rest with a roof over your head was always welcome. As he approached the village, the wind blew his way, and gave him pause. Along with the cold, came scents of other Luperci, both recent and old, also horse and, uh, ginger? That was...

To be honest, the priest wasn't sure what to think. Those scents weren't familiar, and he knew ginger to be a strong scent repellent. If someone was trying to mask their scent, that didn't bode well for him. Once upon a time, the kunikoti would have jumped at the chance to meet someone new, but after what happened to New Dawn, he grew wary of strangers. Not enough to turn around and find somewhere else to be, however.

Slowly, cautiously, he walked around the houses, trying to pin down the scent when there was a loud bang. The fur by his neck and back stood up under his robes, but with a determined scowl, he made towards the sound, wondering just what was going on. What he found was a gray and black woman, looking upset as could be, walking towards what he assumed was her horse. There wasn't much cover where he was, unless he ducked behind a meager looking bush or a very thin tree that couldn't hide his ankle, much less the rest of him. So much for staying out of trouble. He sighed and walked towards the woman, hoping she wouldn't decide to turn her aggression towards him. As he got closer, he noted the dent at the door.

"Greetings. Um, sorry to intrude but, what did that poor door do to you?" He said, half joking half worried, not sure what to make of the woman smelling of anything but a Luperci. Why such a need to mask her scent, why the temper?

\o | [wc — 470] template by hilli

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:13 am

(300+) ooc text here.

Gezi’s head shot up from the ground with the sound of the kick, but he didn’t bolt. As his rider stomped towards him, he pawed at the ground in irritation. Lithia did not notice his frustration, however, because when she was about to hoist herself up onto his back to continue the search, another approached. His presence irritated her more because at that moment, she was so absorbed in finding her mother that she hadn’t taken care to conceal her business from others. Her loud, obnoxious behavior had seemed to draw attention and with that, a robed Wolf approached.

”Everything and nothing,” she responded smoothly, though the expression on her face was far from friendly. From her argument with Kentaro the other day, she knew it was wrong to take her anger out on other people. But then again, that was just Kentaro. She and Kentaro had lingering problems. Instead of hoisting herself upon the back of her horse, she remained on the ground and adjusted his saddle bags instead.

”What are you doing here?” she asked, convinced that he had been one of her mother’s friends or something. Yes, it was possible that Axelle had friends. When she was outside of the pack, apparently she had many of them from all over. ”Did you know the woman that lived here?” she growled, hoping that he would get down to business, rather than comment more about the bruised door.

Maybe Lithia could have the same if she ditched Anathema and made her home somewhere else… perhaps even became a loner.

The title sounded so glorious now that her only role model had become one. However, the silver-tinged female preferred pack life, preferred sleeping with a roof over her head, and preferred being protected by her other pack mates. Lithia was no professional warrior like her mother – but she had other gifts to keep her alive.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:07 pm

The dark gray woman was just emanating anger and frustration, and that didn't help Dion settle his nerves. He knew nothing of this woman, or what she might be capable of, and so the priest took solace on the distance between them, keeping his staff between him and herself, leaning some of his weight on it. The blade wasn't attached to its tip, instead hidden between the folds of his robes on his lower back. He hoped he wouldn't need to use them, but at least the stranger was busying herself with her horse's saddle.

Keeping an eye on what she was doing with those saddle bags, he tried to keep the tension off his frame and expression, going for friendly and harmless. It came to him easily. "I'm just passing through, headed to visit some friends up north. I thought I'd rest here a bit, put some walls between me and the weather." He explained, nodding to the empty houses around them. It was the truth, he had nothing to hide, but thought wiser not to mention Vinatta incase the woman had some quarrel with them. Just keep it simple, Dion. "And... woman? I had no idea anyone was living here until I came around here and caught some scents, but that's about it. Sorry." He shrugged, seeing no reason to lie. Clearly there must be some bad blood between them, or she wouldn't be so intent in finding this missing woman. Right?

He couldn't help but feel the heavy cloud of stuff hanging over the strange woman. She seemed like the person dealing with a lot right now, and it was tiring to just watch. He couldn't help it, he had to ask. "Excuse me but, what's your name? I'm Dion." Because it was no trouble for him to give her his name. Wasn't his full name, so he didn't worry any hexes or curses, but it was enough for most people. Besides, he hoped to help her stop for a moment and just breathe. She clearly needed to clear her mind, this many emotions couldn't be healthy, and striking a conversation could do the trick.

\o | [wc — 373] template by hilli

POSTED: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 pm

(000) ooc text here.

As much as she was not in the mood for conversation, she couldn’t bring herself to be mean to the man. His stature, his clothing, and his weapon of choice all rang out to her, but they said nothing. She knew she recognized his denomination from somewhere, but at the moment when her mind was clouded with rage and frustration, the answer wouldn’t come to her.

He explained he was just passing through and knew nothing about the woman that resided here. Lithia studied his face, looking for signs of a lie. Either he was a really good liar or he wasn’t at all lying; Lithia couldn’t see it on him. She let the question go just this once because he was so kind and persuasive in a good way. It made her sick and weak at the same time.

”Lithia,” she said. She studied his face and began trying to memorize it along with his name so that she’d never forget she met him or what he looked like. She also noted that he was virtually the only Luperci she’d met that wore robes covering his entire body.

”Well, take your pick. This house in empty too… it seems its inhabitants left a couple days ago.” She lacked the desire to tell him why or anymore context about it. It wasn’t his business anyway. It was hers, and it was her job to find her.

Lithia fastened the saddle bags and hoisted herself up on the horse. Now she turned Gezi and looked down at the man from the added height.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Those intense magenta eyes looked at him, as if somehow she would see a lie where there was none. Now more than ever, the way she analyzed him, he knew she was one who had to deal with a lot of scheming and even conniving in her life. Now more than ever, him and his damn bleeding heart wanted to reach out to her. Too bad he could also tell she must be covered with thorns and fences to protect herself.

She gave him her name. It was something, but he couldn't place it, having never heard of it before. But he did know he wouldn't forget; he had good memory for names and faces, a hard-earned skill from his early days of training, made to memorize every name and face and personality from his sizeable birthpack.

But then again, there was this mystery woman Lithia was after. "A couple days? That's plenty of time for someone in a hurry to vanish, and with the constant snow and wind covering track and scent, even a good tracker would have some trouble finding her trail. I'm afraid you're bound to be going on a wild goose chase." He spoke, with the slow cadence of someone stating facts. And it was true, the cold made smells last longer, so it was possible the woman had left even earlier than thought, but he wasn't really in on all the details; that was just an educated guess. And if he was right, that meant the woman had even longer to escape, and thus a wider range to search through. And if she took the common routes, her scent would mix with all the other travelers and tracing her would be a nightmare.

Suddenly Dion was very glad he was just a humble priest, and not a professional tracker.

"Do you, um, know this woman well? Do you think she'd return? If so, it would be smarter to stay and wait for her rather than run around after her." He said, throwing the idea in the air for her to consider, having to look up as the woman had mounted her horse, casting her shadow over the priest. It might be a wild guess, but whatever the reason she was after this mystery woman, it seemed rather personal, so they might know each other to some extent. She would know best if it was a good idea or not. Unconsciously, he stepped back so the dark female's shadow didn't hit him, feeling it was too heavy and dark to be safe under it.

-- | [wc — 438] template by hilli

POSTED: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:30 pm

(000) A short, little post to give you something to reply to :)

Even as she prepared herself to leave, to head south to begin her search for her mother, the priest lingered. Lithia half-hoped that he’d wander off, or wander into the house she just offered up – but instead, he just stood there with his hands in his over-sized sleeves asking her more questions. He asked questions about business that wasn’t even his. Gezi tried to lower his head, and Lithia yanked on the reins, giving the religious Wolf an intense stare.

”It better not be a wild goose chase,” she growled. ”She’s proven so difficult to find already…” She couldn’t help but look away and growl. She looked back at the house, and the door, and the old, weathered rug that was bunched up on the porch. Eventually, her bright pink eyes returned to Dion.

”She won’t come back knowing I’m here,” Lithia finally said, sighing. ”I have to follow what little trail there is and find her.” She felt the need to answer his questions, but she also held back the most important information due to her nature, her training, her purpose in life.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:25 pm

Well. She really didn't like what he said, her growl making the fur on his spine stand on end again, hidden by his robes. Finding this woman seemed of vital importance, the way her eyes got all intense and determined, her stare at the buildings behind them both as she thought about his question made him rethink the relationship between her and this mystery woman, yet again. But then, she interrupted his thoughts, and they were lost to him.

What she said didn't make much sense to him, all things considered. "But... how will she know you are here? Can't you hide yourself and your tracks? I mean, you already mask your scent, can't you do it again? Send your horse in a trail to make a fake trail, don't light fires at night, keep quiet and watching. Plenty of hiding places here, and I'm not that knowledgeable on these matters either." He said with the same slow cadence of before, motioning to the plenty of other houses nearby, some with two floors where one could keep watch. "Plus, if she finds any marks of your presence, my own scent would throw her off, no? She'd think it was me who spent some time here and ignore them." He really wasn't that versed on these matters, but travelling on his own for so long taught him a few things through experience and some contact with other travellers kind enough to share what they knew. Surely she could see some reason in this.

"Besides, here would be the last place you would think to look for her again, don't you think? Best place to hide is in plain sight, or so they say." Whoever they were, but this was just common sense. At least for him, it was. He had learned on his own that the hardest things to find were the ones right in front of your face; the more you looked for them, the farthest you looked, the less you noticed them. That applied to people too, right?

-- | [wc — 348] template by hilli

POSTED: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:01 pm

(000) If you still need posts ~ let me know! AT has moved up north again, so we could have a less hostile thread between them lol.

Gezi pawed at the ground and pulled against the reins in irritation, but Lithia ignored it. She was too focused on the monk wolf and too busy being irritated at his questions. He sure did like to butt into other’s business, which was probably the root of Lithia’s irritation because she was private. She hated sharing family matters with others. However, here was this Wolf, and despite his holy demeanor, he was starting to push some of her buttons.

”To put it simply: she knows I’m looking for her. She will see the house ransacked and assume I’ve come and disappear again, even if she does come back. Scent or no scent. My guess is that she won’t because she’s careful like that." Lithia spoke deliberately to make the Wolf understand. It wasn’t that simple with Axelle. With any other canine, maybe. Axelle? She was careful and she was specific when she didn’t want to be found. Specific enough to leave, and not come back until it all blew over.

Lithia was determined for the situation to not blow over, and instead keep it going until she found her.

Best is to follow her and then hide in plain sight,” Lithia said. ”I would know. She’s my mother.”

With that, she nudged her heels in the horse’s sides and with a frustrated neigh, Gezi kicked into gear and ran south, leaving the priest up to his own devices. If he’d want to stay in the house, that was on him. She had other things to worry about.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Dion leaned away from the snorting horse and his rider, and listened as the woman's demeanor changed, and as she thundered away in her mount, the priest was left tongue-tied. So she was after her mother? Wow, there must be quite a story about this situation, he could almost smell it in the air. Either way, he glared at the hoof prints on the snow and dirt, wondering if he should have just let her leave sooner, if he should have insisted to talk to her more, convince her to stay. No matter how many times he replayed the conversation in his head, and the different ways it could have gone, he found it was no use to ponder on this. What was done was done, and there was nothing he could do about it. Even so, he wished he knew why would the spirits lead him here, to meet with Lithia. Nothing happened without reason, after all.

He sighed, and looked around. The small cluster of houses felt more ominous and deserted than it had the right to be. The priest had slept on ruins before, plenty of times, but there was something off about this place. Something heavy hanging over this village, like a shroud, but he couldn't quite figure what. It was enough to set him on edge, though, and he thought best not to spend his night here. Whispering a short prayer for Lithia's safety, he rolled his ankles to shake off the chill on them, and set further north, deciding he could take shelter among the rocky sides of the mountain range just in sight to the horizon. He ought to do some cleansing prayers before sleeping tonight though. Just in case.

yey, thanks for the thread! And sure, we can do that whenever ;3 | [wc — 291] template by hilli

Dead Topics