if you even love at all

p. Elody | Rabbit Lake

POSTED: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:54 pm

(300+) For Jada & Elody! Set by Rabbit Lake.

All factors that had been thrown Lithia’s way contributed to her hostility. All the factors were in some way related to Anathema, and that was largely the reason that the woman had considered putting distance between herself and the pack for some time. Leaving permanently hadn’t really been a possibility, but Lithia found that with each passing day, the situation within its walls annoyed her. It was all about Kentaro and his family with Amorette.

She had taken her stallion out from their splintered, collapsing stables and headed north without a specific designation in mind. She just wanted to get away. She wanted to put the stress behind her about her mother, her failing relationship with Kentaro, and his ignorance of her love for him. She just wanted to forget it all.

A growl rose up from her throat as she thought of Kentaro’s happy little family with Amorette. That could’ve been her happy little family, but no. No, it wasn’t. Instead, Kentaro remained with a weak mate who couldn’t even protect herself – now she was marred, scarred, and ugly, bearing him children from a weak family line. She had nothing to offer him but pups. Nothing else, but pups.

Inwardly fuming, Lithia stepped down from Gezi at the edge of the clearing that faced a large, calm, clear lake. It had been a relatively warm day in contrast to the weather lately. The sun shone down on them, warming Lithia’s dark fur and melting the ice that protected the dried grass underneath their feet. From the saddle’s pockets, Lithia produced her Tarot Cards and a small piece of leather, and sat underneath a bare tree. Gezi wandered to a patch of grass that had been exposed, and began munching. With the horse in her immediate vision, Lithia put down the leather first, to shield the cards from the wet grass, and then began drawing some cards for a simple, personal reading. She asked what had been in store for her future.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:59 pm

you lie careless your head on my chest
and don’t even look at me looking my best

The night had been a restless one.

The earthen female had tossed and turned in fitful sleep until the early hours. When she was able to get some shut-eye, images of death and grief had troubled her mind. Even the living had tormented her in the dream world, twisting her reality. Every regret, ounce of sadness, and hefty decision had presented itself. Now, Elody was exhausted.

She had taken a walk with everyone she had ever loved. Lowry. Valla. Jacinto Mido. She had walked with every hated creature, faced every deep-seated fear. Even worse was the realization of her lonely life.

Ellie had watched the sun rise and the shadows recede. With limbs heavy with fatigue, she prepared for the day. Her only companion, whom she decided to name Buio for his dark coloration nickered as she patted his neck. She found him a strong, proud creature, and perhaps a suitable gift for the leadership of Salsola. The dark-haired female pulled herself up onto him with great effort, setting out into the territory. The comforting plodding footfalls of her steed almost put the girl to sleep, but she forced her lime eyes to remain open. As she approached the lake, a form under one of the trees caught her attention, and the Lykoi became alert. Key lime eyes squinted and she sniffed delicately. The young woman smelled of Anathema, and those magenta eyes were oddly familiar...Interested in what the girl was doing, and this one's parentage; the hybrid made her approach. "I know those eyes of yours. Do you come from Anathema?" She hoped her assumptions were true, another female she had once known of the pack had those unearthly eyes. "I used to live there."

<3 +291 words

♥ avatar by raze | signature by jmonster ♥

Jada
Luperci Chaos Star
V I N D I C A T E
W A N D E R E S S

POSTED: Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:00 pm

(300+) ooc text here.

The cards she laid out told her something interesting. The card that came up for her “past” slot was an eight of strength, which told her that she should have made time for herself and to stop worrying. In a way, Lithia could see how this was true. She spent a lot of her past time worrying about what Amorette and Kentaro were doing, and not so much on what she could gain if she just built up a few relationships. The second card drawn for the “present” slot was the reversed eight of cups. The reversed eight of cups was usually a representation of positive things that lay ahead. This peaked Lithia’s interest as she had not known what could lie in her near future. She had been shown so much truth recently, she couldn’t even think of anything that would make her happy at this point. Sighing she flipped over the third and final card; the card that represented her future. It was the reversed six of swords. Lithia’s eyes studied the card, thinking about what it meant and represented. This card represented communication – communication that one was holding in. Thinking about it, Lithia couldn’t think of anything she wanted to say, but couldn’t at the moment…

That card truly baffled her. Her eyes scanned the pointed tips of the downward pointing swords. This card represented new discoveries and new decisions, but at the moment, Lithia wasn’t on the verge of discovering or deciding anything…

Aside from the clip-clop of another set of hooves in the distance. Gezi heard it, too – raising his head from the ground as the horse and rider came closer and closer. Lithia paused her reading, watching the figure upon the horse get closer and closer. When they stopped in front of her, the rider spoke out to her, saying that her eyes were familiar, and honestly Lithia never saw the woman in her life.

”Who’s asking?” Lithia said, straightening but not rising from the ground. Her pink eyes remained on the woman, but still she could not place her. The Coyote must have left way before she had even been born or old enough to recognize others from her surroundings.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:54 am

Elody warmed herself in the sun, atop Buio, waiting. The sun was greatly appreciated, the hybrid had spent one too many nights fighting to stay warm while the snow fell. Lime eyes studied the girl. She couldn't be older than more than a year or two, and her scent was Anathema's for sure. It had been strongest when she had made her visit to the new territory. Her eyes focused on what the girl was occupying herself with, Buio flicked his tail in boredom. He seemed more interested in watching the other horse than anything. Elody kept a respectful distance, but regarded the girl with curiosity. Axelle had one eye of that bright magenta tone--her fur was even of similar tones. If not a child of the bi-toned woman, perhaps a relative. Maybe it was just a simple coincidence. Many of the Anatheman seemed to sport darker tones and even darker personalities. A small smile grew over her black lips, Elody did not know this female just as much as the female didn't know her. "Elody Lykoi. I lived there three years ago. I left probably before you were born." Her ears twitched in further curiosity, and the Lykoi pulled herself off of the horse. She still kept her distance, just in case. "Are you related to Axelle? You have her eyes. I'm apologize if I'm mistaken."

Elody inched closer, leaving Buio to gaze. The shapes of the objects the girl possessed began to take a clearer form, and she realized that they were cards. And they didn't look like the type to gamble or play games with, how some did at the Outpost. Many in Anathema believed in magic, or higher powers that dictated their fates. "What do they mean?" Elody questioned, pointing at the cards.

sorry! this is a crummy post, my brain is fried from this busy week :L +305 words +3

Jada
Luperci Chaos Star
V I N D I C A T E
W A N D E R E S S

POSTED: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:46 pm

(000) ooc text here.

The woman quickly gave her name, and Lithia nodded. No, she didn’t know that name well enough to know who this woman was. Maybe this Lykoi woman was mentioned before, but she wasn’t important to Axelle nor Lithia. The Napier daughter knew nothing of her, and nothing of her current whereabouts. ”You must have,” was Lithia’s simple answer.

Finding that she was once family, Lithia relaxed a little. Still, Anathema was full of outsiders, misfits, and criminals. Which of those could this woman have been from? The Napier was still wary, but relaxed somewhat. ”She’s my mother. Hereditary trait, I guess,” Lithia said in response to the comment. She was told that the one eye her mother had and the two eyes she had were passed down from her grandfather. But from what she knew, her grandfather wasn’t very favored.

But Elody didn’t need to know that.

The Lykoi woman pointed down at her cards, and Lithia remembered that she had been holding the reversed eight of cups in her hand. She put it down in its designated spot, but stared at it for a few seconds. ”They mean different things…” she said, very enveloped in the meaning of the card. Her eyes switched from each of them, but she wasn’t about to tell Elody what her cards meant.

Picking up all three in a swift movement, she shuffled them back into the deck. Pink eyes met lovely, bright green ones, and she forced a smile. ”Would you like a reading?”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Normally, Elody would refrain from concerning herself in such matters, let alone offering her name so quickly. A day like this, however, changed the circumstances. Her heart had all but plummeted upon reuniting with Mido and lifted when the opportunity to join the mysterious Salsolan Family presented itself. It all left her in a strange mood and with utter unpredictability.

Her usual wariness of others did not falter, but she hid it behind a sweet smile and curious demeanor. Trust was a difficult privilege to grant to anyone, even anyone with the same blood in their veins. Her suspicions were proven true as the girl affirmed what she had thought, the coyote felt quite proud of herself. But Lithia did not say any more, which led Elody to believe that the mother and daughter Napiers were not on the best of terms, not that it overly mattered. She could have been easily mistaken too -- it was seldom that she herself made mention of her own mother too. Sitting down in the dried grass, the hybrid tapped her nails into the soil innocently, glancing to the sky for a short moment to assess the clouds.

"And your father?" Had Axelle stayed with the same man? After Elody's escapade with Itzal, after forgetting all about the man, she had pined for the two to be together. It was hilarious to think that she let herself get so involved with the Rakeeb when she could have brushed the notion of a future together off as easily as she did with the fighter. The heart was a strange, stupid, and fickle thing.

The Lykoi's distracted mind was turned back towards the cards, her tail waving softly, sweeping away small debris. Bright eyes lit up as she was offered a reading, not that she really believed in the fortunes, but there was no harm in it anyway. "I would love a reading. I have not any trinkets to offer you, but stories, if you'd like to hear them." Stories, or secrets of the old Anathema, or anything the girl would want to know.

+351 words +3

Jada
Luperci Chaos Star
V I N D I C A T E
W A N D E R E S S

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 3:53 am

(000) ooc text here.

Lithia quickly, and absent-mindedly, shuffled the cards in her hands as she looked onto Elody. The woman’s bright green eyes were interesting and they stood out like her own. Lithia rarely met another with eyes as bright as hers. Sometimes she thought she was some kind of oddity because everyone else around her had very subdued colors in their form – ranging from hair, fur, clothing, to eyes. Of course, that excluded the colors of her family.

Hearing Elody’s question, Lithia snorted, amused. ”The late Itzal… Gone. Disappeared… Maybe dead,” she said amusingly. There was no emotion in her face, but what lingered underneath was not sadness. It was fiery; it was more like anger. ”Deserted his family on some kind of whim, never to be heard from again.” Lithia snorted again, and as she looked up at Elody, an amused look played upon her face. ”Before you shower me with you condolences, don’t. He doesn’t deserve those, and I won’t accept them on his behalf.”

Clearly, her father’s disappearance upset her.

Without pause, Lithia broke Elody’s gaze and laid three cards out on the hide before her, face down. Stashing the deck to her right, she took a deep breath, rubbed her paws together, and flipped each card over:

For Elody’s past: the King of Pentacles, upside-down, or reversed.

For Elody’s present: the Moon.

For Elody’s future: the Nine of Wands.

Lithia sighed, pouring over the cards, studying each one to determine their meaning. A sigh slipped passed her lips as she mumbled, ”Interesting…”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

Dead Topics