Tunnel Vision

POSTED: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Here ya go Song! Indi’s thouhts get a biiiitttt overdramatic at points. Teenagers yo. Dated, 13th. [1001]

Indi’s lungs burned as though the air pouring into them were scalding, rather than freezing, and her eyes were stinging from where sleet and ice had kicked up into them. She ignored the discomfort though. Her blurry eyes were working on instinct, tracking the faint off-white blob racing through the pure white ahead of her. Her thoughts were focused on her body, on pure movement, wringing every ounce of speed and precision out of her burning muscles that she could. Everything else was pushed away. The land around her, the pain as she pushed her muscles, the angry thoughts and sadness in her mind; she could ignore it all when she was running like this.

The snow was a fickle beast, promising damnation one moment and then salvation the next. Indi and the hare were almost evenly matched for speed and so it was the terrain that decided their fate. One patch of snow Indi would barge through while the hare floundered, the next it would scamper across while she could barely push through. She was gaining though. The terrain had favoured Indi the past hundred yards and she could sense her prey flagging. What she couldn’t see was her own fatigue, as she pushed her young body far past good sense.

Indi’s lips curled up faintly, as though she could almost taste the blood of her kill. The cold war between her and Teagan had dragged on and on recently, days feeling like months though in reality it had barely been a week. She wanted so bad to go to her sister, throw herself at Tea’s feet and beg her forgiveness, but somehow she couldn’t. Something always stopped her: some stubborn spark of pride, yet another burst of temper, the fear of saying something wrong and driving Tea even further away… And so Indi had spent more and more of her time out here recently, losing herself in the thrill of the hunt. Larger game was still beyond her for the most part, but the sprinter had found her niche ferreting out and chasing down the hares of the area.

Some part of her felt guilty at just how good it felt to catch a hare, watch the life drain from its eyes as she clamped her teeth around its neck and taste its blood, but she tried to push it away. She wasn’t doing anything wrong! More fur and meat – Indi wasn’t eating much, if any, from her kills recently – in the stocks was good for the pack, she was helping! So what if the act itself made her feel good, gave her a way to take out some of her frustrations?

Indi scarcely noticed as the snowbanks began to thin out and even around her, her mind only registering the slowly decreasing distance between her and the hare. At least, that was until her foot hit something hard and her world suddenly turned upside-down.

For a long few seconds Indi tumbled and turned, banging and rattling across the hard surface until she finally came to a rest with a hefty crack to the side of her head. It took her a few seconds to feel anything, and a few more to feel anything more than the delayed pain that came rushing into her body as her protesting muscles finally had their say. Head throbbing, Indi slowly and shakily pushed herself up onto her feet, blinking the snow out of her eyes to see where she was.

The hare had lead her out onto a small, frozen lake. Or a large pond. The distinction didn’t really matter to Indi, what did was that her prey was getting away! She quickly located the scent trail and raced off after it again. Or, at least the tried to. Indi made it two paces before her muscles couldn’t take it anymore and she stumbled, slipping on the ice and skidding along on her belly a few inches. Without the velocity of her sprint she had avoided further injury, but humiliation and anger still flushed up within her.

“Damn ice!” she snarled, the rare curse word she had picked up from older wolves when they hadn’t noticed her lurking dropping from her lips in frustration. “Why can’t I do this?” she spat out, thumping her paw into the ice as she slipped again trying to get up. Surely the other wolves could do this, how else could anyone hunt things in winter?! It had to be something she was doing wrong. It seemed to be all she could do lately, wrong. If she could do things right everything would be better! She’d have her hare, Tea would have forgiven her, maybe she could have even shifted by now if she figured out what she was doing to stop herself!

Several falls later and even Indi had to admit that the hare was well and truly gone. With a cry of rage she threw herself at the ice, clubbing it again and again with numb paws. “Stupid ice! Why can’t I walk!? Why!? Why!? Why!? Wh-”

Indi hit the ice hard with both paws and slipped one last time, hitting the ground hard, nose first, and recoiling as a jolt of pain shot up her muzzle.

Something inside Indi snapped and she shrieked in rage, a guttural sound echoing through the empty woods around her. Every bit of bloodlust and rage that she hadn’t been able to sink into the hare shot down at the ice below her. Flakes of the stuff flew as she tore at it with claws and even teeth, all the while chanting a mantra: “Stupid ice, stupid ice, stupid ice! Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid-” On and on it went, until Indi wasn’t quite sure whether it was the ice she was insulting, or herself.

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:25 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
Optime || Feb 13th [ 789 ]
>BD YAAAAAAS

Like her sister, Teagan was also out letting off some steam. Things were still tense between the two siblings, and none of them had cared to acknowledge the electricity that sparked between them day in and day out. Prideful in her own right, Teagan had refused to apologize for whatever it was she had done “wrong.” To the Lotta, she hadn’t done anything to warrant the snap that Indi had dished out at her. If anyone was to apologize, it had to be Indi. Their parents had done well to stay out of it, though, some part of Teagan desperately wished one of them had stepped in. She needed to vent with her words, but, the child had been too stubborn to seek advice or counsel…particularly since the Luperci she would have sought was the very individual she was currently at odds with.

So, sharpening sticks into faux arrows and swords—along with tossing rocks—had become a relaxing, though possibly destructive pastime for the Stryder child. It gave her something to do with her hands, and, with each passing day, she was finding it easier and easier to use them. She sat cross-legged on the large, relatively flat boulder she had found. It had been clear of snow, and the sun’s rays had warmed it enough that it wasn’t uncomfortable to perch on.

The sharp stone she had found a few weeks ago had proven to be a worthy substitute of a knife. At least, when it came to carving wood anyway. She wasn’t old enough to be allowed to take any of the weapons out from the armory on her own. There were reasons behind it that Teagan fully understood, but, that didn’t mean she had to like it. Still, it was a rule that she had to follow. Her ears twitched as she heard what sounded like a voice in the distance. She paused in her work to listen, but, when nothing else followed, the young princess continued her methodical carving—or, chipping, rather—on the stick in her grasp.

She brushed a few of the shavings from her lap, and had been about to inspect her handiwork when a fat rabbit sprung out from the nearby undergrowth. Teagan was startled into straightening her back, the stone and stick held dumbly out from her body as she watched the prey animal bolt by her without a second glance. What was that about? The Lotta blinked at the strangeness of it all. She looked back into the direction the creature had come, recognizing it as the same general area from which she had heard the voice earlier. Obviously, something had scared the this way, otherwise, it wouldn’t have been at a dead sprint.

Teagan visibly frowned and inwardly debated on whether or not she should check it out. She was quite comfortable where she was at, and, in all honesty, didn’t want to be bothered. After a bit of contemplation though, the Stryder was on her feet with a sigh. If she wanted to be a knight, she’d have to start acting like one. She took a few of the finished sticks well as her stone with her as she slowly ambled towards the direction from which all the commotion seemed to be originating from.

The girl did her best to make her steps quiet, just as Sylvie had been teaching her, and it wasn’t long before an angry chant in an all too familiar voice reached her ears. Indi? Teagan’s brows furrowed as she altered her course towards the sound of her sibling. What’s she doing out here? The Lotta found her koi-colored sibling out in the middle of a decent-sized, frozen pond.

It looked like the Guarire was attacking it, clawing and biting it as if it had offended her somehow. Even as frustrated as she was with her sister at that moment, Teagan couldn’t help but to feel some concern as to what was going on. Sure, her sister had been acting weird lately, hostile even in comparison to her usually happy and bubbly demeanor, but, Indi was still her sister. The Stryder separated herself from the forest so that she was clearly visible to the Knight.

“You can’t kill it, Indi,” Teagan called out. It was meant to be made in a teasing tone, but, her recent irritation with the sister had caused it to come out colder than she had intended. The Optime sister tossed her sticks and rock to the side since there was no immediate threat that warranted their holding. Crossing her arms, the cream-coated wolfdog waited for what Indi might say.

Template: Hilli / Andi || Image: dani.Co
Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Wup wup! [532]

Ice was a lot less satisfying to attack than a rabbit, Indi was discovering. There was something cathartic about bringing a piece of prey down, but as Indi hammered at the ice and curse herself she only felt herself growing angrier and angrier, a thrum of pain beginning to work its way up her forelegs from the repeated impacts.

Indi’s tantrum took up enough of her attention that she didn’t notice the figure approaching behind her until it spoke, and even then she didn’t process the words, the voice or even the scent. All that the young woman – usually so private with her negative emotions - processed was that someone was here, seeing her like this. Rage and embarrassment welled up within her and automatically, unthinkingly, Indi turned on the source of the sound and…

A split second after it had begun, Indi’s brain caught up with her body and she froze mid-lunge, muscles locked painfully stiff with her lips still curled up in a snarl, and her eyes still wide and wild. There was a long moment of silence as Indi’s eyes began to slowly travel upwards, a sick feeling growing in her stomach as they moved from a very familiarly shaded set of shins up a body that only got more and more familiar as it went. It only really hit her when her eyes locked with her sisters what she had actually just tried to do, and who she had tried to do it to. Abruptly, Indi deflated like a popped balloon, slumping in on herself in shame and humiliation.

“I- I- I. T- Tea-” she stammered. Indi had been choosing her prey deep out in Casa’s territory on purpose for days, trying to avoid anyone - but particularly her sister - seeing her like this. She took a few shaky steps backwards, feeling a band of panic tighten around her chest. There was a few moments of hesitation as Indi’s mouth flapped uselessly and then she did the only thing that seemed natural; she spun neatly on the spot and ran.

It was a good sprint, considering how tired and sore she suddenly was; faster than anything she had seen Tea manage. Indi’s headlong flight was aimless; anywhere was better than where she was right now, she just wanted to get away from Tea.

As it happened, the destination didn’t matter. Indi made it maybe a dozen yards before the ice took her feet out from under her one last time. Indi yelped as the slipped and skidded, the sound cutting off with a muffled gasp as a bank of snow stopped her dead. Physically the fall had done little more than knock the air out of her lungs, but mentally it was the finally straw. Defeated, Indi slumped where she lay and curled up into a tight ball, hiding her face in her tail. If she couldn’t escape from the nightmare this day had turned into then she would hide, ignore the world until things somehow magically got better.

POSTED: Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:47 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 542 ]

Her call paused the raging Guarire from her onslaught on the ice beneath her. Indi’s cranium snapped to her, but her sapphire gaze did not hold recognition in them. They were a swirl of emotions and anything but the cheerful sibling Teagan knew. The wolfdog that stared back at her resembled an entirely different creature. Her lips were pulled back, teeth were bared, ears pinned, and gaze like that of an enraged wolverine. Indi looked at her like she was a stranger, but her demeanor slowly morphed the longer she stared at her two-legged sibling.

When the realization set in, Indi’s wild, aggressive look was instantly whisked away like a snowflake on the wind. The koi-colored sister fumbled the endearing shorthand her family used when talking to her…and she retreated. Teagan’s cold front broke as she realized the telltale signs of someone about to bolt. “Indi?” There was a worried edge to her tone, and her body took an alert stance to it. Don’t do it…don’t do it… Her arms unfurled from their defensive posture.

Suddenly, the Lupus sister spun and broke into a dead sprint. “Indi!” Teagan called after her, forceful and loud. Her hand reached out uselessly after her retreating sibling. When it became clear that Indi was intent on running, the Stryder let out an exasperated growl and spurred her legs into action, running parallel to her sister on the shore. She knew better than to step out onto the ice in her Optime form. It’d only hurt her more than it’d help her! Even on the slippery surface though, Indi was fast. It didn’t help she had a bit of a head start either. “Indi, wait!” Her words fell on deaf ears.

She heard saw her sister trip, heard her startled yelp, and watched as the koi-colored Cavalier slid a high speed towards a snowbank. Concern wove its way onto Teagan’s hard features as she willed her legs to move faster to her sister’s downed location. It was, perhaps, luck that Indi had tripped, otherwise, Teagan would have been left in a cloud of snow dust. The Lotta had every intention to continue sprinting, but…Indi seemed to have given up.

Teagan slid on her knees into the snow next to the curled ball that was her littermate. Any anger Teagan had for Indi was dissipated in that moment. Her heart pounded in her chest, both from the brief run to the overwhelming worry for Indi. “Indi,” she panted, trying to catch her breath, “Indi, are you okay?” She reached a hand out with the intention to touch her sister’s fur, but she stopped mid-action, suddenly unsure if the action would help or only further compound the problem at hand.

In the end, she retreated, bringing her hand to rest on the snow for balance as she leaned forward, hovering over her sister. Her brows knitted and a concerned frown was set firmly on her face. “Please, talk to me,” she pleaded. There was a long pause before Teagan added, her words barely heard as they fell ever so softly from her lips, “I don’t want to continue fighting anymore.”

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Ouch. Dunno if Tea meant it or not, but she just punched Indi right in the feels. [395]

Unfortunately, despite her wishes to the contrary, the world didn’t decide to go away and ignore Indi because she was ignoring it. Indi’s flattened ears twitched as Tea crunched her way through the snow over towards her. “G’way.” she sniffled weakly, otherwise remaining still in her tight ball as Tea skidded to a stop in the snow besides her

After a moment she felt Tea shift, begin to reach towards her, and then stop, fingertips almost but not quite touching her back. Right there and then, something about that hesitation to touch her hurt Indi more than anything Tea could have said to her. As Tea withdrew her hand Indi began to quiver; faint, muffled, sobs making their way through her tail.

There was a few moments of stillness after Tea’s plea, broken only by Indi’s sniffing and sobbing, before she slowly began to raise her head. Teary blue eyes gazed uncertainly into Tea’s for a second before they lowered in shame. “I’m sorry.” she mumbled quietly, “I just-”

She stammered and stopped, suddenly lost for words as she tried and failed to put everything that had been eating at her the past few weeks into words. All her frustration, her self-doubt, the feelings of uselessness at being able to do anything that was such so simple for Tea now. Her fear that something was wrong with her. Her absolute terror that she had driven her sister away.

Rather typically, when it finally came it came fast; an almost indecipherable stream of words pouring forth from Indi’s muzzle. “I just, I, I, I can’t do anything right!” she wailed, “I couldn’t shift I couldn’t do anything and I just got so angry and then I couldn’t talk to you and I didn’t mean it I’m so stupid stupid stupidstupidstupid I’m sorry I’m sorry I'm sorry!” Indi’s paws slammed into the top of her muzzle as she bounced against the ground. The young girl was coiled tightly like a spring, aimed straight at Tea, but she stayed back. Her eyes lingered uncertainly somewhere around her sister’s shins, glazed not only with tears but with fear.

POSTED: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:25 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 470 ]
xDDD Teagan’s making up for that here~<333

For a moment, Teagan feared her sister wouldn’t reply to her. It hurt her heart to hear the muffled sniffles and sobs coming from Indi. What had she done to make her sister like this? She had never meant to make Indi cry, had never wanted to. Indi was supposed to be happy, upbeat, chipper, not…not this. And it wasn’t a pained-cry like she had physically hurt herself. No, this was different, and it saddened Teagan to know that she was likely the cause of it. The Stryder’s mix-matched ears flattened against her hair as she frantically thought of how to remedy the problem before her.

Finally, the koi-colored sibling unfurled from her tight ball. She apologized, and the sister waited eagerly to hear what she might say. The whole time, she had wanted Indi to be the one to apologize for the rift that had grown between them, but, now? After hearing and seeing Indi’s emotional state, Teagan wasn’t so sure Indi had been what was wrong here. Maybe it was her fault for not acting sooner? For not trying to figure out what was wrong with her sister?

What started off slow though quickly snowballed into a flurry of fast-paced words. Had Teagan not lived with Indi since their conception, she might have completely missed what she had said entirely. Used to the Knight’s fast-paced dialect though, she was able to keep up with what was being poured from Indi’s maw. Teagan’s dark ears flickered forward with sudden realization. This whole time…it had been because she hadn’t shifted? How could I be so stupid? She berated herself. The answer was clear as day now.

Even with her apology, the koi-colored sister’s eyes were still rimmed with fear. “Indi, come here,” Teagan began, reaching out in an attempt to gather the Lupus Cavalier in a hug. “You’re not stupid! I wasn’t even supposed to shift yet; mine came early! I—” She stubbornly tried to blink back the stinging feeling in her eyes. “—I forgive you if you forgive me. I’m sorry. I didn’t try to help you sooner…I just…I pushed you away. I didn’t know that was why you were mad at me…” Her nose suddenly felt runny and Teagan chuckled weakly, trying to make light out of the depressing situation, “Look at us, people would think we’re weak sitting here crying like this.”

A few moments went by and suddenly an idea struck the Lotta. “Hey!” She woofed softly. “Maybe I can help you…you know…shift?” It was a long shot, seeing as how Teagan’s own had been under extreme stresses, but, it couldn’t be too hard…could it?

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:42 pm

PPed some, tell me any changes ya want.[289]

For a moment Indi was silent, watery eyes staring at Tea’s outstretched arms. Disbelief and happiness battled within her as she stared dumbly, trying to make herself believe the sight before her.

“I wasn’t mad at you,” she denied, voice quiet and sniffling loud,“Mad at myself. Scared. I- I- I-” suddenly she couldn’t take any more, and with a wail Indi threw herself against Tea’s sturdy body as hard as she could, hooking her forelegs over Tea’s shoulders and burying her muzzle in her scruff in an approximation of a hug. Once again Indi began sobbing, but this time it was accompanied by her tail beating a heavy rhythm into Tea’s thigh. That moment seemed to last forever as Indi greedily drank in her sister’s scent, determined to never leave the hug if she had anything to say about it. “Thankyouthankyouthankyou,” she sobbed indecipherably into the fur.

Tea spoke again, and Indi gave something halfway between a sob and a giggle. “Bite em,” she said weakly after a moment, “I’ll go for the shins, you go for the face. See what they say then.” She finished up with a mock growl, giving her best attempt at a watery giggle for Tea and flicking her ear to tap her face briefly.

What Tea said next had Indi’s ears pricking up in shock. Somehow she managed to tear herself away from Tea’s scruff, balancing with her paws against her chest so that she could see her sister’s face and, more importantly smother her with a barrage of licks. “R-really? How?!”

POSTED: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:27 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 502 ]
Perfectly fine~! XD Oh, how I love these two~! Boys, girls, and enemies alike will rue the day they mess with either one of these two and the other hears about it!
Also, feel free to PP Teagan walking Indi around on her back feet!

The usually stoic sister couldn’t help but to feel a bit awkward as her arms hung there, waiting for Indi’s acceptance. She wasn’t the touchy-feely type, and, so the whole initiation felt strange to her. The koi-colored sister didn’t make her wait long though, and, soon enough, her arms were filled with the bodily mass that was Indi. Teagan pulled her in tightly, running her fingers through her sister’s fur like her parents had done to her in order to comfort her.

Once in the shifted sibling’s arms, Indi began to cry again, and Teagan did her best to surround her in as much of her supporting warmth as she could. She didn’t speak, for, she wasn’t good at that sort of talk. She just tried to be there for Indi where she hadn’t been before because of their stupid misunderstanding. She let Indi pour out her pent up emotions, not even caring that her fur was getting wet from Indi’s tears. Amidst her sobs, Teagan scarcely made out her sister thanking her, and the cream-coated child just smiled softly and gave her a reassuring squeeze.

Her jest seemed to brighten Indi’s depressed and stressful mood, earning her a bit of the Guarire’s old spunk back. Teagan grinned dangerously at her sister’s suggestion. “We’ll make ‘em sorry!” She promised as she chuckled, curling one of her hands into a suggestive fist against Indi’s back so she could feel the gesture. “We’ll show them that no one messes with Cavalier princesses.” They would not be damsels nor would they be mocked.

Teagan’s suggestion was what made Indi do a 180 emotionally. Before Teagan knew it, Indi was giving her kisses all over her face. She laughed, weakly trying to stop the barrage with a hand. “Indi! Indi stop—hahaha! That tickles!” Once the attack stopped, Teagan took a moment to gather her breath. “I don’t know if it’ll work one-hundred percent, but, it’s worth a try?” She warned her, not wanting to give Indi too high of hopes only to have her crash again. Teagan’s first shift had been under extreme stresses, and, as her parents had explained, was not how one’s first shifting normally went. So, it was out of the question to do something dangerous to reach a similar result…especially if it could be avoided.

Gently, the Lotta moved her sister off of her so she could stand. “Maybe we could make you do stuff that…uh…two-legged Luperci can do? When I shift, I have to think about where my weight is going—like how I need to use my back feet to walk more than my front paws.” She motioned Indi towards her. “Here, give me your paws, and I’ll hold them so you can get a feeling for what it might feel like to walk on your back feet.”

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:37 pm

You can choose if Tea catches her or they go tumbling down XD [426]

Indi’s emotions were still running high as she detached herself from Tea, twitching about as all the sadness and anger and now happiness sloshed together into one big mess inside her and turned her into a bundle of nervous energy. Even after she had let Tea go she stayed close, using her fidgeting to constantly brush a shoulder or tailtip against Tea’s leg, as though scared her sister would disappear if she couldn’t feel her. She gave another sniff and rubbed at her face to try and clear the tears from her eyes while Tea warned her that what they were trying might not work.

“Mkay,” she agreed with a nod, watery eyes still shining brightly. “It’s still worth a try, right?” At the moment, Indi almost didn’t care if it worked or not, she was just happy to be near her sister like this again.

She tilted her head quizzically when she heard Tea’s first idea though. Do Luperci stuff? Like picking things up? Fat chance of her managing that. Her confusion turned to comprehension as Tea expanded on her idea. “That might work!” she chattered. “So, I need to imagine my weight changing?” Indi asked, giving a few experimental hops onto her back legs. Unfortunately, no matter how heavy Indi imagined her backside she couldn’t keep her balance for more than a fraction of a second. Tea’s way certainly seemed like it might work better than trying to do it by herself, so Indi eagerly hopped up to her sister, her paw-pads soon swallowed by Tea’s larger hands. The pair were still for a few seconds as Indi got her balance, swaying too-and-fro until she realised she could sort-of shift her balance by moving her tail.

Slowly, they began to move; Tea shuffling back carefully while Indi tottered after her. For one, two three glorious steps Indi’s heart soared up into her throat; she was doing it, she was walking like a Luperci! Unfortunately, at that moment gravity decided to reintroduce itself alongside its nasty friend, friction. Indi’s weight, concentrated on her two legs, was enough to sink her through the snow and down to the ice that the pair were still standing on. One little shift too far and Indi shrieked as her legs shot out from under her, sending her tumbling into Tea’s stomach.

POSTED: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:15 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 670 ]
I started to write a reply, and then realized I had already replied to that particular post xD I was like, “I could have sworn I wrote something along these lines before…Oh. That’s why.” xDD

It was clear that Indi’s emotions were still running on high when Teagan pried the koi-colored sibling off of her. However, it looked like she was getting back to her old self again. Even if she looked a mess, Teagan would have rather have had it this way than how Indi had been just moments before; angry, violent, depressed, stricken with self-doubt. They were emotions that didn’t suit the bubbly Cavalier. The cream-coated wolfdog ignored Indi’s fidgeting, both not bothered by her constant touching and knowing that bringing up the subject might destroy the precious atmosphere that had come between them.

Indi agreed to try, and it was all Teagan could ask for. The Lotta offered her sister a genuine smile and nodded, a thumb reaching out to wipe the remaining remnants of tears from her sister’s face. “Yeah, better to try and learn from the experience than to not and go without ever knowing,” she agreed, repeating some words of wisdom she had been told by one of their parents.

At first, Teagan thought her idea might have been stupid—particularly, after reading Indi’s expressions as she explained—but, once she described how she intended to help the four-legged-bound sister, it seemed her idea wasn’t as farfetched as she had originally thought. Once more, Indi agreed to try her sister’s suggestion, and Teagan’s tail swayed slightly behind her, happy that she hadn’t been shot down. She nodded to Indi. “Yeah, try to focus your weight back on your back feet and your butt, like they’re the heaviest part of your body. Like uhh…! Like when you try to jump up on mom and dad’s bed, but you misjudge the distance and your back end drags you back to the floor!” It was the best analogy she could come up with. She watched as Indi shifted her weight into a wobbly standing position. It looked like she was begging for food, but Teagan tried to not point out the comical, evasive thought. She needed Indi to focus, not laugh or get embarrassed!

The Guarire hopped on her back feet, trying to keep the stance that was not normal for such a horizontal body form. She needed to be vertical though. Indi hopped like a sparrow over to Teagan’s outstretched hands, her paws—though large—were small in comparison to Teagan’s human-like hands. Teagan let her sister’s forepaws rest against her palms, her thumb coming over to rest on the top of them to secure them in place. “It’s kind of like when you’re trying to look at something on a table, but...uhhh…the table keeps moving I guess? Or! Or like a cart that’s not locked into place, you know?” Teagan tried to offer, hoping the scenarios would help Indi imagine how the sensation of walking on her back feet felt.

After Indi gained her balance, the Optime sister began to slowly pace backwards, careful to not move too fast for the littermate. After a few shaky steps, it seemed like the idea was working…until Indi slipped, or her legs gave out on her—one or the other, it didn’t matter. All that mattered was that she was falling! Teagan flailed to catch her sister, earning her a sharp jab in the gut though as Indi’s snout crashed into her first. Ummph! Teagan grunted audibly before she herself lost her balance. Her legs slipped out from underneath her and the pair fell into a heap on the snow and ice.

Dramatically, Teagan groaned comically from her splayed position, “Uuuggghhh, Indi, I think you might have killed me.” She withdrew a hand that had been trapped under Indi’s body and held it out for the sister to inspect it, “Is it red?” She hoped the joke would cheer the sister up, as it was likely she would be discouraged because of the fall.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics