Lesson Number One

Skoll

POSTED: Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:47 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
I can slay my own dragons, my knight in shining armor is me.
Optime || Fore-dated: Feb 19th || Ethereal Eclipse, Mid-day [ 671 ]
Let me know if anything needs changing! Skoll, kick some kitty ass!

It had been the first time she had wandered outside the territory on her own. Usually, one of the adults had to accompany her; something about her age or another. Today though, the troublesome Stryder had snuck off. She wouldn’t go far she had promised herself, already knowing that, if she were caught, she’d get a stern talking to from her parents…maybe even her mentor too… So, there was no need to make the punishment worse than necessary.

She felt somewhat invigorated at the tiny rebellion though. Being attacked on her own home turf had only emboldened the child. With what little a bit of training she had received thus far, she thought herself “tough enough” to handle anything that might have come after her. So, she’d set out with a good, sturdy, pointy stick to act as her “sword” and had headed to the forests southwest of the Cavalier claim.

What she had found was an eerie realm; a world almost exclusively shrouded in shadow. The sunlight that managed to break through the thick, upper canopy was diluted. Only a few sparse strands of it managed to touch the forest floor. Teagan had stopped in her exploring to try to make sense of the conundrum. Staring intently at the trees’ tall, upper branches, the child could only guess that the pine needles grew thickly up there. The trees were well layered as well, their large branches crisscrossing each other. It was a miracle to think any snow had managed to find its way through, but, it had…somehow.

The thick, muffled sound of something heavy falling into the snow caused the Lotta to turn her head. An echoing crack and shuffle of a branch followed, and, in the distance, Teagan could see a branch swaying from having rid itself of its heavy winter burden. As the seasons drew closer to spring, supposedly the forests would be deadly with these shedding events. Or, at least, so the adults had told her. Teagan sighed and turned to go about her exploration, only to stop as she realized a figure in the distance.

It was a large animal; thick and equipped with lean muscle. Even in the saturated daylight, she could make out its tawny-and-white colored pelt. It had a weirdly shaped face to it with rounded ears, a smashed in but fat muzzle, and a heavy brow line. A pair of golden eyes stared intently at her with a look that sent an involuntary shiver down the child’s spine. Even standing on four legs, it was still pretty large in comparison to her young Optime form.

Slowly, Teagan raised her makeshift sword into a defensive position. She quietly gulped down the sudden feeling of dread that spread through her veins. She knew exactly what the creature was that stood before her. Turning and running would be a death sentence. In the snow drifts and in her two-legged form, she didn’t stand a chance at outrunning the big cat. Changing down into her Lupus form was out of the question as well. The feline would have likely killed her before she could finish shifting!

The larger predator’s long tail flicked behind it as it realized it had been spotted, but it’s stalking stance did not change. When it realized the Luperci child wasn’t going to run, it placed another paw forward, its muscles rippling with restrained power. Realizing she was about to be cat food if she didn’t do something, Teagan snarled loudly in warning, “Get away, cat!” Her muscles were tense, energized and ready to spring into action. Her words didn’t seem to sway the cat’s intentions though, and it placed another foot forward, and then another, and then another until it began a short shuffle. The Lotta’s lips curled and her ears flattened against her hair as she prepared for the inevitable confrontation. She just hoped she was skilled enough to fight off a cougar.

Don't wanna depend on no one else, I’d rather rescue myself.
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 am

Thanks for starting, and sorry for the wait in getting to this and the sucky post. v_v

He'd smelled the cougar on his journey back south, though initially Skoll hadn't been concerned. Massive and fast in his Secui form, and more importantly reeking of pack, the Seneschal was no easy target for one of the mountain cats. One of the felines could easily kill a loner without weapons out in the wilds like this, but few dared to linger near pack lands for long; though not as intelligent as Luperci, they were wily enough to avoid detection.

It didn't hurt to keep tabs on the beast, though, and warn those of his pack that it was about. Nose to the ground, his mane a stiff line along his spine, the gold wolfdog loped through snow that a cat's broad paws could tiptoe across. Its scent was fleeting, not as strong as the odor of Cavalieri that wafted from the north, and Skoll found its temporary densite abandoned. He laid some pungent marks and scratched up the scat it had buried to let it know that it wasn't welcome anywhere near canine territory, and thought that was that.

But the smell of cat and Cavalieri didn't fade even as he marched toward home.

Skoll's intuition was trained in events like these; it was not the first time he'd saved a Cavalieri, not the first time that telltale scents and tracks set his fur on edge like this. Gut twinging, he lowered his broad head and broke out into a run.

He saw the stalking cat, saw its pace quicken, saw the girl armed with a stick, and rushed.

The big wolfdog collided with the cat, which spat a curse and whipped around, flexible spine twisting and heavy paws splaying for a grip. Skoll bit down on what flesh he could find, already snarling before thorn-sharp claws raked his head. Flinching, blood spilling into his eye, he managed to snap at the girl: Go!

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:00 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 462 ]
Totally fine~<33
“I ain’t no damsel! D8< -flingity-fling-I’m-just-a-liability-” xDD

She could feel the dread sinking into her bones and muscles the closer the big cat got. Despite knowing good and well that the cougar could—would easily kill her, Teagan felt that she should at least go down swinging. Maybe, if she was lucky, she could take the feline with her…or at the very most poke an eye out or lodge the stick down its throat somehow. She was prepared to fight like a knight, to fight like she imagined her father would have with his axes or Tristan with his sword. There was no point in calling for help, she was too far for anyone to come to her rescue—

—Or maybe not.

Just as the cat got within a good leap of her, a hulking, golden mass sent the tawny cat sprawling in the snow. Teagan flinched and blinked in surprise at the sudden freight train of a being that had spared her soul from becoming cat food. It was another Luperci, and huge one at that too! He was as big as her father, and equally as impressive in his heroism. Where had he come from? Who was he? So many thoughts and questions filled her mind.

The cougar was reasonably pissed off by the sudden intervention, and returned the assault with a flurry of primitive noises and slashes of its claws as the canine continued to harass it. With a well-placed cuff, it drew blood from the golden hero’s cranium, and the crimson liquid dripped down her savior’s skull and into his eyes. He barked a command to her, spurring the shocked girl out of her stupor. He told her to leave, and, good sense told her to heed his order…but…

He had gotten hurt because of her.

How could she just run away?! Even as big as he was, the cat’s claws were sharp as razors! She couldn’t just leave him! She had barely taken three retreating steps before she stopped, deciding against following his orders. Anger swelled in her, and her canary gaze shot daggers at the spitting feline. In a sudden whirl of action, she stooped down. She packed a good handful of snow into a ball, ensuring to pack a convenient rock in the middle of it. Her hackles bristled as she took a few bold steps towards the pair and aimed. Letting out a battle cry, she flung the snowball, hitting the cat squarely in its flank. “That’s for his face!” She snarled, crouching down to hastily make another.

Even if she couldn’t join in on the physical part—she’d just be in the way of her golden hero—she could at least do something to help drive the overgrown cat off.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:10 pm

oh man i love it xD

Wailing that ghostly caterwaul, the cougar lashed out again, and they flipped in the snow. Blood and spit flecked the ground before heavy claws churned it up again, and Skoll found himself increasingly panicked and therefore angry. He couldn't very well keep an eye on both the girl and the cat, having none to spare, and the matted mess of his head was making it harder to see.

He fought by scent and feel, by the crash of his muscle against the steely, lithe ones of the cat, and when he bowled into the animal sank his teeth down into its flesh again.

It wasn't until its powerful grip encircled his shoulders, claws sinking into fur, that he realized he'd made a mistake—and by then the severing jaws had gotten the back of his neck in a killing blow.

A snowball flew through the air and struck the lion's side.

Shocked, it instinctually loosened its grip to face the new threat—but the canine who by all accounts should be dead took advantage of the moment, rolling back into the beast.

He'd never been more thankful for the thick mane of fur that protected him in Secui; without it, the fangs might have sank deep enough to paralyze him, if not outright kill him. The thought was enough to make him shake with a new rush of terrified adrenaline, and this time when he leaped at the cougar he managed to grab it by the throat.

It writhed, gasping and shrieking and scoring his shoulders with its claws, but Skoll shook his head and in a spray of blood it went limp.

He held it and shook its neck a few more times for good measure, then stepped back—staggered, a mess of red where he'd once been gold, and his eye blazed and fixed on the girl, a growl rasping out of his throat as he shouted at her:

Mon Dieu! That's for his face—that's really all you got? A friggin' snowball?!

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:23 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 489 ]
Teagan, you ungrateful little...!

Thinking the feline was “pissed off” was an understatement. The thing was absolutely livid. The pair, the overgrown cat and the equally overgrown Luperci, tossed and turned, battling for the upper hand. They were a blur of cream and tawny, a mixture of creature with random body parts flung here and there, scoring itself time and time again as it sprayed life’s precious liquid onto the once pristine snow. It amazed Teagan.

She had never seen a real fight before, only spars and lessons with staged blows and blocks. Everything was planned out, and one’s true strength was held back. Here though, watching her golden hero fight off this evil, it was awe-inspiring. There were no rules, no limits, just a free-for all, a true fight! The cougar and wolf exchanged blow for blow, tooth for claw. Had the cat not been gradually getting the upper hand, Teagan might have enjoyed it more.

Her snowball had been enough to distract the cougar though and win her hero a fighting chance. He turned the odds back into his favor in an instant, thick muscles propelling him to make the final blow. Teagan flung another snow ball, temporarily blinding the cat as it exploded against its forehead. It didn’t have time to dodge the charging canine. The golden male latched onto the feline’s throat; a killing move! And as it fought for life, is wild claws scratched at the bold man’s shoulders. He refused to let it rise again though, crushing its windpipe.

When it was clear the creature was dead, the young girl pumped a silent fist at the pair’s win against evil. Indi would love to hear about this! Her contentment was short lived though as the adult’s head suddenly snapped to her position. The golden hero looked worse for wear; blood dripping down his head and into his good eye, the other was gone entirely. Scratch marks marred his pelt, making his fur slowly begin to become more red. Teagan’s mismatched ears fell against her hair, and her brows knitted together. She muttered under her breath, Wow, maybe I should have thrown something bigger…was your face like that before or after the cat?” It was a euphemism for jokingly suggesting his handsome mug was ugly.

Her hero shouted at her angrily, and Teagan bristled, completely overlooking the strange phrase he began with. “Hey! It saved your life, didn’t it?!” She snapped back, one hand curling into a fist while the other tightened around her stick-sword. Teagan marched towards him with her canary eyes narrowed. He was large enough that she could have probably comfortably ridden on him like he was a giant pony, but, that didn’t intimidate her. “Where’d you come from anyway?” She asked him boldly. There was no way in hell she was about to thank him, not with that attitude!

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:06 am

skoll lives for shit like this

See galleries for credit.

The dark-masked girl went from celebrating to muttering amusement to yelling back at him -- gripping her "sword" like she was going to use it on him next. He froze in his tracks a moment and puffed air, attempting to stave off laughter, but quipped, Your battle one-liners need work, is what I'm saying. And let's not forget who saved who in this situation. I would have welcomed my death like a knight. He settled down on his haunches and lifted his bloody head, puffing out a stained white chest.

It was true enough, anyway. Arrogant as he was, the chance to die a hero was all Skoll wanted -- though there was something of the reckless in him as a result.

Amused at her offense, he chuckled, letting his own faux-angle shake off his broad, scratched-to-hell shoulders. He was glad he was sitting; otherwise he might have toppled, unsteady on his feet as he was now.

Oh, you don't assume I'm a heaven-sent angel? Skoll asked. Even with these blonde locks? He shook his head to demonstrate his fluffy Secui mane, then regretted it. Squinting, he answered properly: I'm from Cour des Miracles. Now who the hell are you, kiddo -- and why are you goin' around pissing off cats? I thought only I was stupid enough to do that when I was little. He rubbed at the older scar on his muzzle with a heavy paw, and squinted at the blood on the back of it.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:26 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 596 ]
Sorry for the wait! Dx Have a flustered Teagan xD

The Princess let out an irritable growl as she came to stand before the large beast, only briefly noting that he momentarily froze at her aggressive confrontation. It was not out of fear though, no, but likely more so in surprise to his reception for his deeds. When he spoke, criticizing her earlier battle cry, Teagan huffed, acknowledging him but offended all the same. “I don’t recall asking for your opinion or your help,” she retorted under her breath, cutting her furious, canary gaze away from her hero and towards the villain that he had slain.

He had saved her though, and at the cost of being hurt himself. It was a selfless act he had done, throwing himself into harm’s way to protect the damsel. And, what he said, it was true. He was much like the knights in her storybooks, which meant she was the… Her lip curled and she whirled her cranium back to face her golden hero. Her canary eyes were sharp upon his sole emerald one. “I would have too, you know,” she informed him haughtily, wanting to make sure that he understood she wasn’t some weak princess that needed saving.

She wasn’t amused to hear his laughter, and her lips formed into a firm line to keep from snapping at him again. Had she any less control of herself, she might have tried to smack him with her stick. She had been raised to be better than a lawless heathen though, and so her fisted hands had stayed harmlessly by her sides. His jest about being an angel caused the edges of her mouth to twitch, and Teagan had to fight against herself to not smile. She didn’t want to give him that satisfaction. “Not with a face like that, no,” she quipped, a cynical smirk finally breaking through her scowl.

Her mismatch ears flickered as he informed her where he was from. She recognized the name as one of the packs that she had been learning about from her mentor. So, her hero hailed from the…funny sounding pack. She had yet to be able to master the strange, tongue-twisting sound that the letters made. It looked so simple, but, it sounded nothing like it was spelt. Well, not to her anyway.

The calm was short-lived as her hero spoke coarsely to her. “I’m not stupid,” she hissed, insulted at the insinuation. “And I didn’t piss if off,” she continued, her words ground out and defensive, “I was minding my own business and it decided it wanted to kill me!” She let out a snort and crossed her arms, mindful to not let go of the stick in her hand.

She let her temper die a little bit before she decided to answer his first question. “I’m from Casa di Cavalieri,” she introduced gruffly. She didn’t want to grace him with her hailing, but, he had given his own. There was a pause, and it looked like she was trying to fight an internal battle with herself. The longer her gaze took in his bloody, beaten form, the less she could simply ignore the reason he had gained the injuries. She looked like she had eaten something foul when the words finally tumbled out of her mouth, rough and pretending not to care as much as she did. “Are you…going to be okay, Mister Hero?” She had no idea what to call him, knowing not his name, or what members of his pack would be referred to.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:52 pm

I love Teagan so much hahaha. Aaand it's probably realistic for him to pass out soon. ;I

My apologies, Skoll purred, ears flicking at her mutter, I'll leave you alone next time, then.

He liked this girl, he decided -- though perhaps it was only in the wake of blood loss. His frustration abated, he watched with a superior sort of smile as her own lips began to twitch, but she retorted with a quip that made him droop his ears and lean back, drawing a paw to his chest as if offended. Mon Dieu, princess with the venomous tongue! You hurt me so!

Shrugging at her defensive response, he observed her in curious silence until she spoke again. He smirked but nodded as she confirmed that she was from Casa di Cavalieri -- it made sense she would be foolhardy and grip a stick like it was a sword, never mind he did the same as a youth -- then asked him with sour reluctance if he would be okay. He smiled again, though his teeth were red.

I'll live, Skoll remarked. He was very fuzzy-headed. He considered whether or not to offer her his name -- after all, Mister Hero had a very flattering ring to it -- then shrugged again, the movement sending another trickle of blood down his broad shoulders. You can call me Ser or Seneschal Haskel, he began haughtily, then finished with, but my maman named be Skoll.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:03 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 474 ]
Sorry for the wait…again Dx Also, wasn’t sure if your OOC comment was a hint to make him woozy or if that was a sign to end the thread soon? D: Let me know if I need to change anything!

On a different note, I cannot, for the life of me, remember what CdM characters are referred to as DX (AT = Anathemans, CdC = Cavaliers, etc.)

She flushed at her hero’s remark, having not actually meant for him to hear her. He had though, and so, the princess rolled with it. Teagan gave him a cold glare. The words she rumbled back were louder than before, but, had a solemn echo to them as her canary gaze danced along his injuries. Good. Maybe next time you won’t get hurt.” It was an odd way to say she was sorry, but, it was the best she could muster in that moment without actually saying it.

As she noticed that pompous smile of his grow wider and wider, Teagan felt her temper slowly rising, and she regretted having not said anything more critical when she had had the chance. The playful banter that rolled off his tongue and showed in his actions finally broke the princess’ growing irritation though. Her maw twisted sourly and a hot breath was snorted through her nostrils like a bull ready to charge. Part of her wanted to laugh, though, the other, more dominate part wanted to whack him with her stick. She gave in for a split second, feigning an attempt to strike him with the wooden item. “My tongue will be the least of your worries in a minute,” she promised with a devilish grin. Try as she might, the humor of the situation had won out, and peeked through her rough exterior.

Any playfulness left her though as her hero smiled with his teeth. Instead of ivory fangs, his were crimson with blood. “Probably not for much longer,” she deadpanned at his dismissal for her concern. She thought to point out his creepy dental problem, but was briefly distracted when he suddenly provided her with his name. Teagan had to stop herself from rolling her eyes at his introduction. There he went again with those fancy words. Even his title—for, there was no way he had such a regal name like Seneschal—sounded big and fancy enough to fit his ego. Haskel was an odd name, but, the golden Courtier later revealed his actual name to actually be Skoll, leaving Haskel to likely be his family name.

Teagan moved forward, uncrossing her arms and tossing the stick aside. “I’m Teagan Stryder, Skoll,” she introduced roughly in return to his own. There was no way in hell she was going to stroke his ego by calling him something so high-class. The pleasantries and small talk could be saved for another day though. She reached up as if to cup his giant head in her smaller hands. He was teetering a bit and she wished to steady him. “How much blood do you have to lose before it’s bad?” It was a serious question and one of dire concern, as it appeared her hero was losing a lot of it.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat May 07, 2016 11:56 am

00+ Either way haha, mostly me suddenly realizing that omg blood loss. It'd be a decent way to end the thread if you were ready to end it (fade out w/ them heading to CdC, Morty could fix him up probs), especially since I am too slow. :< (And it's Courtiers afaik!)

The girl threatened him with the stick, and Skoll pretended to cringe as she brandished it, the blind side of his face turned toward her. There's no honor in beating up a cripple, he complained, but he'd recognized her earlier apology for what it was -- at least as some form of regret. To not leap into fights and protect others was to change his very nature, however, no matter how hurt he got; he'd resigned himself long ago to the fact that he'd die doing something remarkably stupid.

Teagan offered her name in return, lifting her hand to his broad skull as it sagged. Her question made him smile, still, though it was sloppy and his answer turned honest. Probably about this much. He made an effort to haul himself to his feet and staggered into her, either on accident or for support, and drooped his head again.

I'll escort you home, Skoll offered, forcing on the forest ahead of him, never mind darkness had begun to encroach on it. His nose and paw pads felt clammy.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics