Get down with the sickness

For Heine

POSTED: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:20 pm

+300 Sorry that it's not the greatest starter.

Although Weaver wasn't much of a person for having a slave of his own, he could see the uses. He was far more laid back than most of the members of Salsola he knew, so he felt it only made sense to be the one to see if he could be the one to look after them. He was family now, so it was about time he started to pull his weight in more than just the music that he provided when he first came here with his sister. Since he had made his way over to the slave quarters and talked to the one that belonged to Bane, he had grown an interest in the subject. Besides that, if he could keep an eye on the slaves, it would make him valuable. Although his eyes were set on this for now, he had other plans. He would work towards them another time.

The tawny man had taken some time to himself to make sure that his new home was set up. If he was going to be the one looking after the slaves, then he had a spare bed set up on the first floor of his tower. It would also double as a place for visitors to stay, so he would make sure the pelts stayed nice and clean. With everything in order, his paws moved to the entrance, leaving his home and heading in the direction of his old one.

The hybrid stopped as he came to the home that once belonged to him. A smile creeped onto his face. It would make a good home for someone new to Salsola. His paws soon carried him again, this time towards the communal slaves' quarters. He wanted to check on them, and since he had nothing else to do at the current moment, it would be good to see how they were fairing through the rest of the winter. They wouldn't be of any use to the pack if there was something wrong with them.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena
Luperci Signorino Mate to Syringa

POSTED: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:41 pm

HEINE KAISER
pNPC Gjalda [ 423 ]
Perfectly fine! Thanks for starting! -blows whistle and throws a yellow flag- Un-sportsman-like conduct on the brown slave!

“Come on, old man! You’re not going to get any better by just leaving it like that,” Heine badgered, glaring at the stout wolf as he continued to ignore his rational speaking. Corrine had found him earlier that morning, and had informed the Rebel of the older male’s predicament and his stubborn refusal to see one of the pack’s healers over the matter. Postponing his daily duties, Heine had made the trip down the communal slaves’ quarters to see what he could do. His master, Bane, was not one-hundred percent back to full health yet, and so the Trell had been reluctant to bother her for the issue—especially when Corrine said it was nothing major at the moment, but could be if left untreated.

The Kaiser had packed a small bag full of necessary medical supplies for what the cook described, and had had every intention to help the Turkish wolf…but the stubborn bastard had refused to let the upstart do more than catch a mere glimpse of it. “I have work. You is in way!” Gjalda spat, trying to get around the hybrid who blocked his exit.

Arschloch,” Heine hissed, irritated by the older male’s continued refusal.

“Understand no words use! Speak here language, velet!” He laid a hand on Heine to forcefully remove the slave from the doorway. “Get way!”

The Kaiser’s own hand snatched Gjalda’s injured forearm, his grip tightening as he pushed back. “I called you by the name your baba gave you when he looked at your ugly ass mug, a orospu çocuğu!” It had been a long time since Heine had gotten into a fight, and it was perhaps the worst decision to make given that he had actually come there to help the older Trell, not injure him further. But, his ire and rash decision-making had gotten the best of him.

The fighting words was what landed the two males in a snarling heap outside of the quarters. In spite of their anger at the other though, their teeth and thrown punches held little actual damage to them, as both only wished to subdue the other into submission. Snow was thrown as the two tussled. They wrestled each other, bit at loose fur, even tossed one another into the packed snow in an attempt to stay on top. Words were snarled nastily to their opponent, each in their own native tongue, but just as insulting. They didn’t realize the eyes of another on them.

Template: Hilli / Andi || Image: Max Rive
Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Abeni All Hail the Fallen King
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 pm

+400

Weaver began heading in the right direction now. It had occured to him that he passed by the place he really meant to go when he went to visit his old home. It was fine though. There was still a lot of time left in the day. There was nothing wrong with coming to the place. If anything, he was surprised that the place was not claimed by someone else already. Hyacinth had come to live with him for a bit until she found her own home, so anyone could take over this place. It was probably in better condition than some of the other homes in Millstone. Perhaps some other time then. He was certain of one thing though, it would make a good home to whomever decided to claim it as their own.

As the tawny man neared the slave quarters, his ears turned to the sound of arguing coming from the outside of it. Although this was the case, he did not increase his pace. One of the voices he recognized, but the other one he did not. Heine was not dumb enough to pick a fight with a ranked member in Salsola. He must have been arguing with another of the slaves, but for what reason he wondered. If he was going to take this job seriously, then this would be his first test.

Weaver stopped as he came before the scene, watching Heine and the other man throwing punches back at each other. For the moment, he stood there and watched. If they were not aware that he had arrived, then what good would they be. If they were smart, once they caught wind of him, or took the time to hear his paws against the snow, they would have stopped. A smirk formed on the man's face. He began to sing, letting the French words slip from his mouth. If they didn't realize he was here before, then they would now.

Once he finally had their attention, he moved his hands behind his back, smiling down at the two, Well, I did not expect to see you both like this. I would count both of you lucky that I'm the one who caught you instead of someone else. Now then.. His green eyes moved between the two of them, I suggest both of you stop and listen, otherwise I can make things much worse. Now, what was the cause of this Heine?

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:43 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 580 ]
For some reason, I can keep wanting to compare Weaver to Baelish from Game of Thrones xD

The pair went back and forth, trading punch for bite, foreign insult for universal snarl. They were getting nowhere fast. Gjalda was old, but, he had many years’ worth of strength built into his muscles. Heine was young and agile, but, lacked the experience the carpenter had with age. They were equally matched, though, it could be said that both parties were holding back from dishing out their full power and moves that would actually hurt the other. The bout was more of a way to spend pent-up energy than it was truly to kick the other’s ass.

Their whirling heap came to a standstill though as both slaves felt the eyes of another on them. Gjalda, being the more submissive of the two and more conscious of his low-status, flung Heine off in an instant as he realized it was a ranking member that had found them. The hybrid grunted as he was sent tumbling, and had to use a hand to keep him from going any farther with how hard the stocky Turk had thrown him. He sputtered and spat as he expelled the snow he had caught in his mouth and nostrils. “Du Arsch-hut! Ich sollte dem anderen Arm zu schneiden!” The Trell spat angrily, his slate gaze moving to glare at the other of his rank.

Gjalda was looking at someone else though, and it was then that Heine noticed the tenor voice of another singing a song in the language of love. His attention snapped to the source, and found one Weaver Valentine standing before them with a disturbingly calm demeanor to him and a knowing smirk at his lips. He looked a fox about to tell chickens in a chicken coop about how he wasn’t a foe, but a friend.

The Confidant spoke, and Gjalda noticeably kept his head low like a servant should have. Heine, however, simply cut his eyes away from the scene altogether. His tipped ears pressed against his hair. They knew they had been caught, and while there was nothing in the rules that forbade fighting between the owned, it was implied that they not cause unnecessary harm to one another. They were property, after all, and goods that were broken by another would be punished. The pair did well to listen to the Frenchman’s poised words, and when one was summoned to explain, he did so.

Heine made an irritable gesture towards the communal slave. “Gjalda over there accidentally cut himself yesterday while he was working. Corrine asked me to come down and see to his injuries since my master is…not currently able to see to him—” It was the best cover up he could think of to not make it look like her injuries were as bad as they were. “—but he won’t let me help him…” Heine looked away, a hand coming up to scratch at the back of his neck. He was like a child that had gotten caught in a fight in the schoolyard. “…so I punched him.” A beat. Monsieur.”

It was a lie, Gjalda had been the one to throw the first punch—and rightfully so—but, the Rebel knew the wolf was old, and knew that his younger body could take the beating better than the Turk’s older one. As well, being that he was personal property, it was unlikely that his punishment would be as severe, unlike a publicly owned slave’s.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:05 am

+400 Lol I've never seen Game of Thrones, so that reference is lost to me XD.

Weaver was perfectly fine to watch them continue fighting. After all, it would only make punishing them more.. enjoyable. It was a side of him that others rarely got to see. He never had to bring it out before since no harm had come to his sister since the two of them arrived in Salsola. This was different though. He couldn't just expect to get everywhere in life here with his music. There was already a Bard who Weaver was sure he could not replace. While he still had the music that Loki lacked, he also knew when it was time to look at something different. Taking care of the slave, while may not seem ideal, was something he knew he could handle, especially when it came to looking after them. No one would expect the most laid back person to have a darker side to them.

Once the two of them finally stopped, the tawny man's green eyes followed the tan slave as he was thrown off. He spat something in a language that Weaver did not understand. There was a moment of a cold stare to the male before it returned to the soft gaze that Weaver was known for. His attention did turn over to Gjalda, watching him as he bent his head over to the ranked man.

After Weaver addressed the tan slave on the situation, Heine explained that Gjalda had gotten an injury and was not allowing Heine to help him get it treated. For that, Heine had punched him. The hybrid's arms crossed, giving the whole thing a thought before he looked down at the tan slave. He was a bit surprised to hear that Bane was not doing so well. He hoped that she would get better soon. Since she was done, it would be up to Weaver to take care of this, Seeing as Bane is not available, I'll figure something out for you later. We can't tolerate fights coming between our slaves. He soon turned his head to the other slave, And you should know better than that. You won't be much use if your injury gets worse, right?

There was a silence that fell over the three of them before Weaver stepped closer to Gjalda. He moved down to his knees, holding his hands out, Show me your injury. His tone was gentle, but showed his demand. If the slave wanted to get back to work, then he would need to have this taken care of first. Green eyes moved over to Heine as he gestured for him to come over, Heine, I am not medically inclined. What needs to be done to take care of this?

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:29 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 541 ]
Ah, no matter! It was nothin’ bad, just a thought that humored me to imagine xD
I hope I gave you enough to reply to Dx

Heine wasn’t entirely sure what to make of the lute-player. In their previous encounter, the musician had seemed rather laid back, perhaps, with just a bit of ire beneath that lackadaisical façade. It had made him easy to be around, but it had set him apart from his ranking packmates. …It seemed someone had reminded the once-Associate of where he was to stand in the Thistle Kingdom. Even if he still possessed the same sort of kind, easygoing demeanor he had had before, the Trell had easily picked up on the shift from his previous self. There was a…Heine wasn’t quite sure what to call it, but, he was aware that he’d have to be a bit more conscious with his actions and words now.

The Kaiser’s ears twitched at Weaver’s words. “Understood, Monsieur,” he grumbled acceptingly. A punishment, indeed, seemed due. The promised threat struck an old chord in the Rebel though, and he had to stop himself from rolling his eyes when the Confidant’s gaze turned to his companion. What would they do to him this time? It had been a while since he had received one, and he wondered what the Frenchman had in mind. Heine did well to appear reluctantly accepting of the future punishment of his action in spite of his feelings on the situation though, not wanting to compound the matter…or make things worse for Bane. It was already bad enough that he had been caught in a fight. The last thing he needed was to make her seem unable to control her own slave.

Gjalda said nothing to his scolding, only nodding his head in understanding. No one moved, and no one spoke until the Confidant finally decreed it. He gently ordered the communal Trell to act, and the wolf did so without resistance. Heine snorted quietly at how complying the old goat was now that a higher ranking member was around. The hybrid crossed his arms sourly, but did well to keep his tongue from speaking his irritated thoughts.

The carpenter gave the musician his arm. It had been cut from a runaway blade. A crude bandage of old cloth had been wrapped around it to staunch the bleeding and protect the wound from dirt and grime, but it was a lazy-man’s—or, rather, a stubborn-man’s solution for the problem. Heine watched with sharp eyes, both out of frustration for the Turk’s stubbornness with him and because he wanted to see what Weaver would do.

He was summoned, and Heine did as what was requested of him. The personal slave gestured to the cloth bandage, That needs to be thrown away and replaced with something that’s been sterilized. Otherwise, it’ll only help infect the wound further. I haven’t seen the cut itself, but, Corrine said it wasn’t so bad to need my master’s eye, so, it should be shallow enough to heal on its own…” He trailed off, his slate gaze moving to the slaves’ quarters suggestively. “I brought what I could and what my master could spare.” Maybe with Weaver here, they could actually get the damn thing taken care of…

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 am

+400 You're fine. XD.

Weaver was a very complicated man, as much as he didn't show it to others. He wore his mask well, probably to the surprise of many who lived in Salsola, including the two slaves. Heine had already met with the tawny man once and pulled off a hint of the mask he wore. This time it was much more visible. There was a whole different man sleeping beneath all the music and sweet talk. Salsola truly was home for someone like him, and he made sure to take advantage of it. It should make the rest of his family proud of him.

Green eyes lingered on the tan man as he agreed to Weaver's actions. He would come up with something by the time that this was all over. Since he knew the Kaiser man to be a good slave, it wouldn't have to be anything to harsh, but he needed to watch himself. First speaking out of line, and now he was fighting. He would hate to have to bring any of this up with Bane, especially when it was clear she was not in the greatest condition; however, if the trend continued, then she would have to be spoken to. Heine was her slave after all, so it would be no place of his to decide what would happen to him should it come down to that matter. He was only an observer when it came to personal slaves.

The communal slave did not speak, accepting the hybrid man's words. It really wasn't any surprise to him. With his "speech" done, Weaver turned his attention on Gjalda. The slave presented his arm. Weaver turned his attention over to the tan slave as he explained that the bandages Gjalda was currently wearing needed to be removed and replaced with ones that were sterilized. He gave a nod as his fingers began to undo the first set. With the communal slave's crude handiwork, it didn't take him long to complete this task.

At Heine's suggestion to the supplies, Weaver nodded, Good. Bring those out here. The sooner we can get this done, the better. With the old bandages gone, the tawny man has gotten a better look at the injury they were dealing with. It was nothing too serious, but it had the potential to get worse if left untreated. He patiently waited for the Kaiser man to return so they could continue with this.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:06 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 446 ]
I’m such a horrible RP partner as of late ;____; I’m sorry!

Heine patiently awaited orders. He knew better than to try his luck, especially when it had become clear that Weaver was not someone to take lightly. A promise of punishment had already been put on the table. Heine didn’t need to worsen whatever was to befall of him. For now, he would have to walk on eggshells and play the part of what his rank entailed. That meant showing submission and asking permission. The boy could have curled a lip at the unfavorable situation he found himself in. It had been a while since he had been reminded of his low status.

The Confidant unraveled Gjalda’s bandage, exposing the hidden wound beneath. Old blood smeared and stained the material that had been used to contain it, and the fur around the injury was equally discolored. Where the blood had pooled and dried, it had become crusty and black. The cut itself looked no better off. An angry, fleshy pink gasped at the influx of fresh air. It glimmered and oozed a clear liquid. The public slave looked away, perhaps out of shame or perhaps to show disinterest in the medical part the others were about to perform on it. Heine, however, made a discrete, and exaggerated, look of disgust before Weaver snapped him to attention.

With the order given, the Trell nodded and jogged back into the communal home to retrieve his abandoned bag of medical supplies. He hadn’t unpacked his borrowed goods, thankfully, and didn’t have to waste much time re-collecting them all. The items retrieved, Heine brought the supplies back out to the pair. He placed the leather bag near Weaver, but, hesitated to do much else on his own. The musician had already made it clear that he didn’t have medical experience, so, it was unlikely that Weaver would jump right in to fixing the damage on Gjalda’s arm. Swallowing his bitterness towards both men at the moment, Heine knelt down beside the ranking Salsolan. “My hands are yours to command,” he informed Weaver with a grave dip of his head.

Not wanting to waste the Frenchman’s time, the Rebel offered, “Usually, Frau Bane cleans the site of the wound and the area around it first before she goes about fixing it.” He rummaged through the bag and laid out its contents on top of it. He had brought two jars; one for cleaning, and one for promoting healing. A fresh, clean set of bandages were accompanied by some needle and thread. The wound wasn’t as large as Heine had feared though, so, they wouldn’t need to perform any stitching on the arm.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:47 pm

+300 It's all good.

While Heine moved to gather the supplies from inside the building, Weaver took the opportunity to look over the wound itself. From what he could see, it wasn't too serious, but all that had been left to dirty and harden up made it look much worse than it was. Green eyes moved up to the communal slave. In a way, he could at least understand Gjalda's reasoning for not seeking treatment. Slaves were meant to work, and if he wasn't doing as he was told, then he would be in trouble for it. Good thing that Weaver was taking more time to look in on them. He could prevent unnecessary punishments. It was truly a good thing he caught this before someone else did.

The tan slave soon returned, offering his advice on what should be done. The tawny man was thankful that Heine knew some healing since he knew none. He pointed out that Bane normally cleaned the area before she began working on the wound itself. It made sense really. It wouldn't do any good to take care of the wound if it was just going to just get dirty again. The male offered Heine a nod as the slave began to unpack some things. Weaver raised his fingers to the black crust along the slave's arm, gently feeling over their thickness. He hoped this wouldn't be too much trouble.

The hybrid man's eyes turned down to the items that the personal slave pulled out of the bag. He at least knew what the bandages and the needle and thread were for, but not the others. He gave another nod, Alright Heine, let's get the area around the wound cleaned up first. We need to remove the hardened blood along the fur, then we'll clean out the wound so we can tend to it. He gave a pause before pointing to the jars, Since you know these better than I do, I'll let you apply them. What can I use to actually remove it? Do you perhaps have a rag or something?

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:13 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 609 ]
Medical stuff is probably total BS, but, it works for our purposes xD Also, sorry for the wait. I was having trouble trying to get a post out Dx Feel free to PP Heine stitching or giving Weaver the thread/needle to stitch up Gjalda in your next post~<33

The two slaves were both watchful of the ranking member. While he appeared concerned for the state of Gjalda’s injury, they both knew better than to be lured into false securities. Though the circumstances had been different, Darijus was a testament to the cruelty that could be wrought from a member of Salsola’s hands. Like starving beasts, members had descended upon the ruby-eyed wolf and savagely removed him of his tongue. Or, at least, that was what the older slaves had told Heine. He wasn’t sure if it were true or merely a story told to scare him, but, the Kaiser wasn’t too willing to find out. Despite Weaver having come from a different stock, even the nicest dog had the potential to bite.

The musician gave the go ahead for the work to be done. “Yes, Sir,” the Trell accepted with a nod. He reached over to pick up the jar whose contents held a mixture used to clean flesh. It was more liquid than it was a salve like the other was. At the Confidant’s question, Heine paused mid-reach. “Yes.” He had forgotten the rags back in the slave house. His hand retracted as he leaned back and rocked to his feet. “Let me go get them real quick.” He trotted off just seconds after the words left his mouth. He didn’t want to waste any more of Weaver’s time by waiting for him to formally dismiss him for something so simple and close by.

They didn’t have to wait long. Heine knew exactly where he had left the items, and had returned to the pair within a minute of leaving their sides. He offered the Frenchman the clean, cut cloth to temporarily hold before he reached for the jar that was filled with the cleaning mixture. He popped off the cork used to keep the semi-liquid inside and held out his hand for the rag he had given Weaver. “Once this is soaked, it’ll help dissolve the old blood and break it apart from its hold on the fur and wound. It also helps kill any bad bacteria that might cause infection,” he explained, glad that he had some paid attention to when his master was doing her medical duties.

“We’ll have to rub it gently so as to not rub the irritated area raw.” As much as he would have liked to see the old bastard squirm for being such a pain the ass earlier, he didn’t want to mislead the ranking Salsolan.

When the wound was cleaned and the old blood and dirt particles were gone, the exact contours of the cut Gjalda had received were clear to see. It was a good size, but, not so much so that it would leave a lasting mark or further hinder his daily duties. A medium-size, clean line. From the looks of it, the skin had already tried to close the wound up. It just needed a little help.

The Trell prepared the needle and thread. “See how part of the wound is wider there? Frau Bane says that pulling the flesh closed will help the body close the gap naturally by itself easier. Without stitching, it’d take a long time to heal, and it’d be more prone to infection since the fleshy part of the muscle is exposed.” He paused to see if Weaver had anything to ask or comment about. The hybrid wasn’t sure if he was speaking out of turn or if his explanation was seen for what he had intended it for; to educate.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

Dead Topics