Just a simple bystander caught in this game

Haunt

POSTED: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:55 pm

HEINE KAISER
Optime || Near the Halcyon Mountains, late afternoon [ 623 ]
Let me know if anything needs changing!

The trip had been a relatively easy venture when compared to his last one that had been outside the territory. He had found the ingredients and other items that had been requested of him easily enough. The only real hard part had been finding the trading caravan, but, once the hard part had been done, the trading and pleasantries had gone along smoothly. The boy had prided himself on his efforts, and—as he re-shouldered his laden bag—he had even come out better off. He had not only retrieved the medicinal items Bane asked of him, but, he had gotten some nice, exotic furs as well for a project, and a few other miscellaneous treasures and spices that—he hoped—his Master would let him keep.

Heine continued to navigate the tricky terrain. His errand had taken him not too terribly far, but, it had definitely been out of the way. Even at the foot of the mountains, the ground underfoot was not to be taken lightly. It was relatively safe and flat enough for easy travel, but, there were places were the earth became steep from erosion, and others where sharp rocks broke out from millions of years of imprisonment. The trees that rooted there heavily weighted themselves down so that they would not fall victim to the winter snow or spring rains. The added snow didn’t help matters either. It made things hard to judge, and slopes slippery to the unwary. It was a wonder why the group had traversed the mountain’s paths in the first place.

He took another glance at the afternoon sky. Deep shadows had already begun to form with the falling of the sun on the far horizon, and, soon, hues of red, orange, and gold would streak the heavens. If he wanted to be back in the safety of Salsola by nightfall, he’d have to pick up the pace. The hybrid picked up his pace. Strange things were happening on the borders of the Thistle Kingdom, and he didn’t want to be accosted by whoever the culprit was.

The Trell had just eased his way down a particularly slippery slope when something collided into him. He let out an audible, Ummph! as he was jarred and flattened into the cold snow. It took him a moment to recognize a weight was on him, and, when he did, the slave roughly shoved them off of him. “Oi! Was zum Teufel?! He snarled nastily as he sat up, snorting some of the cold powder from his nostrils. His slate gaze searched for his bag of goods that had been dropped.

“I—I’m so-so-sorry! Please! Please help me!” The other—a woman—stuttered.

After confirming his goods were okay, the Huntsman glared at the one that had plowed him into the snow. She was darkly furred and small of stature. It was a wonder how she had managed to knock him over unless she had had a lot of momentum to begin with. She brandished a few fresh cuts and was visibly shaken. “What’s wrong with you?” He asked, not at all fazed by the urgency in her voice. He stood his full height and brushed off some of the snow from his pelt.

His action only seemed to make her more hysteric. The stranger latched herself onto his leg in a pleading gesture. Please, sir! Don’t let them get me!”

“Oi oi oi! Get off of me!” Startled by her neediness, Heine tried to shake her off.

She balled, “I’m begging you! Please help me! They’re going to kill me!”

Who is?” He grunted as he managed to pry her iron grip from his leg.

Template: Hilli / Andi
Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Abeni All Hail the Fallen King
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:07 pm

OOC - Everything looks good to me! +300 words.

How could this have happened? The one time that the two siblings managed to find a black wolf to burn, and she got away from them. Haunt couldn't be any more angry. Horror shared just as much of her feelings. They knew Tak would punish both of them greatly if they couldn't get her back and send her to the flames. This was their chance to get the month's blessing from their lord, but now only his wrath stared at them in the face. Not even their can tah's could protect them from him. They had to act. With the injuries that she had been given from the black and white woman on her capture, she couldn't have gotten far away from them. The blood would help them track her, and even if she went to find help, Haunt could deal with anyone that stood in her way.

Haunt began the tracking, the red stained man following tightly behind her. The black woman's trail was not hard to follow. Haunt's eyes narrowed as her eyes spotted the woman. She was clinging to the leg of some stranger, who seemed more than happy to try and get rid of her. Both of the siblings' ears turned as they listened in. She was begging for the brown man to help her, that there were two who were going to kill her. At least she had stopped. Catching her again was going to be easier in her state.

Horror stepped out in front of the clearing, the bear woman staying behind so that she could shift. Her bulky secui form would be more than enough to drag the injured girl away. It would be much nicer if she could get her teeth around her neck. At least then she could just drag her away without too much trouble. Orange eyes trailed to the brown man and then to the woman along his leg, "Ah there you are dear. Why don't you make this easier for us? Come back home with us where you belong." Haunt soon appeared, moving to her brother's side. Her green eyes narrowed on the brown man, a warning for him to back off and just leave the woman to them.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:53 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 597 ]
No lasting scars, ripping out his septum ring, maiming, or anything serious-like beyond bruising please, everything else is a go though! Minor assumption at the end, let me know if it needs changing!

Heine could have growled at his irritation. The woman was a blubbering mess. Between the sobs, hiccups, and gasps, Heine barely made out the scattered description she managed to give. He continued to fight off her needy hands, deciphering something about black wolves and blood from her frantic whimpering. Geez, what had he gotten himself in to? The woman was a complete mess and. Wouldn’t. Leave. Him. Alone. It was after some fighting with her that the slave realized he wouldn’t be going home to Salsola any time soon so long as this woman needed help.

The footsteps of another in the snow and the female’s panicked yelp finally gave the answers Heine was looking for. “There! That’s him! That’s one of them! Help me! Oh, help me please!” The female rooted herself to his leg once more, and the Huntsman turned his head to glare at the source to his current troubles. He found a rather intimidating looking male standing before them. His fur was dark and…what looked like to be bloodstains painted across his underbelly and points; his muzzle, arms, and legs. Black wolf and blood, the description fit. The hysteric woman had said it like there was more than one though…

The opposing male spoke, and Heine lifted to his full height. The stranger didn’t exactly scream “nice guy,” and it was clear that he had been what had caused the female at his feet to be such a mess. Not long after his words finished, another appeared beside him. It was a bear of a woman in her Secui form. Her venom-green gaze settled Heine with a clear warning and threat. The pair meant business, and as the woman’s sobs quieted in her panic, the slave knew he couldn’t just leave her with them. If they had planned on harming her, there was no way he could live with himself with just willingly turning her over to her captors.

Not one to stand for bullying, Heine made a decision. His gaze lowered and his tipped ears flicked back as if submitting to their show of strength. He wriggled his leg free one last time. The woman looked at him, terrified as he evaded another desperate clinging from her. No! Please! Please don’t leave me with them!” She sobbed. The hybrid ambled over to his pack, picking it up and shouldering it as if he were going to leave.

He left without much more of a word. When he was out of sight though, he ditched the bag and shifted down into his halfling form. If he had any sort of chance to save the woman, it would only be if he could keep that monstrous female away from her. In his Optime form, the Secui devil would only have to grab a limb and shake. At least, if he was on her level, he could fight back…well, fight back better anyway. His ears flickered, listening to the trio as his shifting finished.

When his body had finished its transformation, he heard a scream from would have been the frightened female. Quickly, he circled back around onto the formidable pair. He came into view with his ears flattened and tail raised. The sooty, fragile woman was held by one of the pair, but was still alive. “Let her go,” he stated boldly. He had calculated the odds though, and knew what he was asking would not end with things in his favor. But, maybe, the woman would live to see another day.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:18 pm

OOC - I will be sure to keep that in mind when we come to that point. +300 words.

The siblings let their eyes linger on the tan man which their wolf had come to beg to help her. He didn't seem like he would be much of a problem, especially with Haunt by Horror's side. The dark girl continued to beg him for help, but the stranger gave her nothing but silence. The black and white woman remained as she was, staying as a warning to the male to leave them alone with their business. This woman was their's to burn. No one was going to stand in the way of them sending her to meet their Lord.

Green and orange eyes watched as the tan man finally broke away from the woman and began to make his way over to the bag that had been dropped. He gathered it up and began to leave. The woman begged for him not to leave, but he did so anyways. At least he was making things easy for them. Haunt was very good at the role that she played in this. Once the stranger was out of the way, the red stained man stepped towards the woman, reaching out to take her arm into his hand. She gave a scream, but Horror kept calm as he spoke to her, "You see dear? No one can help you. Now come along with us."

The black and white sister had not let her gaze move from where the other man had left. There was no telling what he might do now that he was out of their sights. Soon the truth was shown. He was not about to leave this strange woman with the two of them. He returned from the shadows, down in his secui form like Haunt was. She moved in front of her brother and the woman, letting her cold gaze linger on him. The bear woman gave him a warning snarl, teeth bared as her tail pointed straight out, "Mind your own business. Get lost or I'll make you." Since Haunt was keeping the entertainment busy, Horror began to lightly tug on the woman's arm, "Come along now dear. We have a date on the mountain. I wouldn't want you to be late for it."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:15 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 433 ]
Heine-boy, what are you doing? You know you suck at fighting!

There was little to be said in his wake. The frail wolf was reasonably broken by his departure, but, she had made no other calls for help at his back. The only plea she made to indicate her trouble was her scream. Heine felt his blood begin to boil as he heard the male’s taunting words, coated in a detestable voice that reminded Heine much of the Italian coyote of his past. He had to save that woman, just like he had had to free the slaves of the plantation. He could not stand by so idly while another was left to suffer! He had to at least try to help.

It became clear upon his return though that the bi-hued female would not be so easily fooled by the slave’s attempt at deception. For, her virulent gaze met him immediately at his reentry. It was becoming apparent that, while brutish in appearance, the devil-woman was not just all brawn. She had brains too. Her blood-stained twin had the girl by her arm with what looked like the intent to drag her off from whence the trio had come. They wouldn’t be going very far though…if Heine had anything to say about it.

“You came back!” The woman cried, relieved that she had not been forsaken.

Heine did his best to ignore her though. She was more a distraction than anything. If he wanted to get her away from these two, he had to focus on the threat at hand. The Secui woman stepped protectively between her partner in crime and the Trell, her face screwing up into a snarl as she warned him of further commitment to his actions. Heine’s slate gaze flicked from the Optime male to the bear-woman, trying to weigh his options. Neither seemed to put things in his favor. If he attacked the woman, the man would get away with the girl. If he attacked the man, the woman would likely stop him. Did he want to fight his battles head-on? Or did he want to be attacked from behind?

His eyes narrowed on the woman before him. “I’m not leaving without her,” he returned resolutely, lips curling to reveal his own fangs. His hair began to stand along his spine in his aggression. It was clear that he would have to fight to get her back. Not wanting to draw things out, Heine got to the point. He charged forward, jaws ready to grab at any sort of flesh they could find on the brutish woman.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:03 pm

OOC - +300 words.

Haunt knew she couldn't take her eyes off the man yet. He had come back for someone that he didn't even know. What did it matter if the two siblings burned one person every month? Their faith was strong, or perhaps it was their fear. They could not face the wrath of Tak just because they were not rough enough to find a black wolf to sacrifice. A shame they weren't back home. At least on the mountain, they wouldn't have to hunt someone down to sacrifice. That's what the others were for. Those who were born with black coats just needed to face the fact that one day they would meet the flames, it was just a matter of when.

It was clear that the black and white woman's warning meant nothing to the male. He was not going to leave without the woman. If that was the case then it would be best to remove her from the equation all together. The bulky woman moved more in front of her brother, pulling her ears back. She bared her teeth to the tan man before speaking to the man behind her, "Take her home. I'll deal with this annoyance." Horror gave a grin before he reached his other hand down to take the woman into his grasp. It would take some work with him being the one to drag her home, but he could do it. The woman's cried did not stop, though after plenty of times burning living beings, the two siblings were numb to her voice.

Haunt narrowed her green gaze on the secui male. She wasn't going to give him anymore warnings. It was time to make him leave. The bulky woman made her advance towards Heine. She knew she would be able to use her size against him. She lifted the front half of her body as she came closer, trying to bring herself down on top of him. All she really needed to do was to keep him away from their captured woman. Once she was out of the way, he would be on his way. If he got hurt along the way, that would just make things much easier for making him leave.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:28 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 336 ]
Sorry for the wait! >__< Also, excuse my horribly rusty fighting skills, it’s been forever since I’ve done one of these!

If he wanted to get the unfortunate victim back to whatever safety she had come from, he’d have to deal with the bear-woman quickly. He was at a disadvantage, being an only dog in a two-dog fight. The frail stranger was useless to defend even herself, seeming to be only capable of begging, crying, and screaming. It was a pain that should have had Heine questioning why he was even bothering to help her. The need to help someone that couldn’t protect themselves though called to him like a siren at sea.

The male drug the woman off kicking and screaming, her high-pitched cries almost deafening. She wailed about her innocence, pleaded that they spare her. It added fuel to the anger in Heine’s heart. Seeing the pleasure that shared between the two-toned wolves at the woman’s demise made his fangs itch to latch on to their flesh. Even if he hadn’t liked the stranger, the Rebel couldn’t stand bullies. They reminded him too much of the red-furred wolves that had destroyed his homeland, reminded him too much of the slave masters that controlled the whip. She was a victim, and he was her only hope at that moment.

So, when he had propelled himself into the fight, it had been done with fire in his blood. The hulk of a woman met him with little hesitation, those wicked green eyes charged with electricity of the fight. Just as they were about to meet head-on, she rose up, escaping his initial snaps. He realized perhaps too late that she was ready to throw her weight down upon him like the bear she was. Heine had risen up to dance with her, his teeth turning to try to grasp a mouthful of her neck. Unfortunately, he couldn’t hold the two-legged stance, and was forced to the ground by her larger girth.

He let out a grunt as his back harshly met the snow.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:06 pm

OOC - I probably forgot to mention this, but feel free to do some damage to Haunt as well. I got no problems with that or her getting more scars if that's the case. +300 words.

Even through the woman's cries only grew as Horror began to drag her off, the two of them remained numb to it. Haunt's focus was on Heine, and she wasn't going to let the female distract her from it. The red stained man didn't have the strength that his sister did, so making it back home would take him a bit longer, but he could be patient. He trusted his sister to deal with the man that wanted so badly to free her.

Green eyes met with the slave. She could see the anger that was growing inside of him. She didn't expect him to understand their traditions. This was something that needed to be done, unless they wished for Tak to devour them instead. They would rather go through their lives without suffering even an ounce of his wrath. She was not going to let this man stand in their way. A snarl passed through her lips as she met with him. The two of them stood tall, but she knew she would have the upper hand on him. All that was really needed was to keep him away from the black wolf. It shouldn't be a task that was too hard for her.

Teeth soon brushed against the black and white woman's neck. Heine had gotten a grip on her, but it wouldn't stay there for long. Finally able to use her weight, Haunt pushed him down into the snow. Now he was the one that was exposed. Haunt stalked forward, moving herself over the male. She raised one of her front paws, unsheathed her claws, and aimed down for the male's body. She knew this would give him a chance to get her, but she could take whatever he could dish out.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:47 pm

HEINE KAISER
[ 301 ]
-huffpuff- Dx Sorry for being slow! I’ll try to make this one of my priority Heine threads since it’s I’ve dragged it out so long Dx Made this short so we can get the fight scene movin’ along!

BUT, if you'd prefer that we slap an OOC ending on this because of how old it is and the nature of it, I'm fine with that too x3

The feeling of fur and the tantalizing whisper of flesh between his jaws caused the inexperienced fighter’s maw to snap shut, like a crocodile would on an unlucky visitor to the waterline. His grip was not a firm one though, and the bi-hued woman managed to slip out of it with ease when their combined weight buckled down onto him. He mentally cursed his luck when he found himself lying vulnerably in the snow. The female gave him little chance to recover, her hulking mass charging to keep him where he lie.

His muscles felt like electricity flowed through them, and his heart pounded wildly in his ears. The fur along his spine stood on end and his tail curled protectively between his legs. He was no fighter, at least, not like Basilaris was. His experience with the art was that of a rookie; it was enough to keep him alive. He just hoped that he had enough luck to get him through this fight. He knew it was a losing battle, but, if he didn’t try to save that poor woman, he would never forgive himself.

The bear of a woman stood above him before he even had a chance to get back onto his feet, and a clawed paw threatened to rake him as it came down. Instinct caused him to roll towards her opposing, planted fore-limb, his jaws opened to seize it as a way to off-balance the terror above him. An audible yelp ruptured involuntarily from him as he felt her claws slash down the back of his neck and towards the network of scars across his back. He fought through the pain though. If he didn’t get her off of him soon, she rip him to pieces with her claws.

Heine Kaiser

Salsola
Serf (NPC)
Songbird
YOU'LL NEVER BREAK ME

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:51 pm

OOC - I am fine with ending this OOCly if you want. Just shoot me a PM on Miwa and we can discuss stuff. +200 words.

Haunt was glad to see that her claws had made her mark, even if it wasn't where she intended it to get. She felt her claws raking against the male's back, causing him to yelp out in pain. Her green eyes studied him, waiting to see what kind of move he was going to make against her, but there wasn't one. She didn't expect much from him. There was no way he was going to rescue this woman, and the longer that the tan slave spent trying to take care of the black and white woman, the further away Horror would be able to drag the black woman away. It would just be easier for him to give up.

The bear woman bared her teeth, snarling to the tan man as her claws withdrew from the back of his neck, raising them again. Dips of blood hung down from her claws, bringing them back down to him. She was sure he wasn't going to just let her take care of him without a fight, but there was no harm in taking the advantage she had. Haunt's tail flicked in annoyance, bringing her other paw up after the other one made contact, whether it was with him or the ground. He onslaught wasn't going to stop. He would either need to make some kind of move against her, or flee back to wherever it was he came from. His choice wouldn't matter to her either way, so long as they could just get on with their ritual.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

Dead Topics