Drink your sorrows away

For Vicira

POSTED: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 pm

+300 We can mark this as mature if we need to later.

Sybil had come to the point where she had felt like she had spent enough time sitting around in Sapient. It was time for another adventure. Seeing as her last trip to the south didn't quite get her to Inferni, this time she was sure that she would get closer. Snapdragon was sure to be waiting for her, so it was only fair to finally let her have the visit that she had been waiting for. How she would feel that her daughter had grown up to be a copy of her father, she could not say, nor did she really care. This was her choice, and she loved it. Sapient had so much potential for her, and with her father here, things would only get better for her.

Before the coyote girl slipped away from the pack's borders, she took a moment to head to the estate's storage, taking a bottle of liquor with here. There was no reason that she couldn't enjoy a drink along the way, or share it with someone as the case may be. The last time that she was out, the brown man she came across had his own drink. This time she would be the one to provide herself with something. Besides, Sapient had plenty to go around. She was sure they wouldn't miss just one from the many they had. If things worked out as well, perhaps she could start making her own. That would save her a lot of trouble, and in turn, get on her father's good side, not that she wasn't there already.

The snow crunched under the girl's paws. It wouldn't be around for much longer. Winter was soon going to come to an end, and spring would be on the way. The bottle swung at the side of the girl's hip, touching the tattoo on the side. She was proud to wear her star, and even better to have it showing off despite the clothing that she was wearing. A small thing to remember her mother by, but much of the rest was her father's work, but he didn't seem to mind the mark either. A grin formed on her face as she moved forward, closing her eyes for the moment since nothing seemed to be in her way.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:33 am

Sorry again for the wait holy crap!

See galleries for credit.

She'd fought with her mother again.

Again, it had been about her rank -- and the small nuances of their conversation that had struck a tension between them. Vesper seemed wary about offering her daughter a place in the Triumvirate under her, and that had been offensive; Vicira had requested to be a Regulus, rather than the Magister she thought her mother had anticipated. It was another subtle form of the rebellion she'd never had as a yearling -- and though this time it didn't seem to hurt Vesper, it had planted more seeds in her thorny brain, another shadow in the brambles.

With the exception of Cartier and her bird, Vicira knew Vesper better than anyone else in Inferni. She knew that the Aquila had begun to lose pieces of herself after the war -- and perhaps long before that, perhaps before she was born.

But she couldn't quite shake off her guilt, and that was why the Regulus went walking today. She wandered on two legs rather than two into the bay, stopping to observe the horses, and wandered into the foothills and forests beyond. Sometimes she saw shadows following her, too, or perhaps a trick of the mind and the rustling foliage, and she found herself wishing that she could smoke. She would need to talk to Crucifix -- or more likely someone else -- about finding and replanting more cannabis.

Perhaps she only saw fragments in her mother's psyche because they mirrored hers.

She sighed and looked at the earth as she wandered onward, following an old game trail, then stopped and pricked her ears. She sniffed the air hesitantly then folded them back again. There was another Luperci nearby -- a coyote, familiar in scent, but just as strange as familiar.

She rounded a tree and spotted a girl with coyote patterns and dyed hair, a faded blue. Her eyes fell to the tattoo on her thigh then widened as she sniffed again.

You're one of Snapdragon's daughters?

their lips the secret kept, if in ashes the fire-seed slept

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:13 am

+300

As Sybil came closer to her old home, familiar scents began to fill her nose, not ones that she really missed. For all the neglect that her father did give her and her sister, she was glad to have come to Sapient. She was sure there was much more to learn there than what she could have ever learned in Inferni. Their father's life was far more desirable than the one that their mother led. It was a shame that Valentina could not join her for this little trip. Snapdragon was sure to be happy to see both of their daughters, and it would probably help her psyche to see that at least one of them didn't end up turning out to be like their father.

The coyote girl soon stopped as she came near one of the trees. The gray woman stepped out from the shadows, looking Sybil over and giving her a good sniff. While the stranger was doing this, her blue eyes fixated down to the star that was hanging from her neck. It was the same one that she bore on her hip. Whoever this was, it must have been someone related to her family.

Decorated ears flicked as she heard the woman's voice, questioning if she was one of Snapdragon's children. A grin appeared on the girl's face as she crossed her arms across her chest, Yes I am. You someone from Inferni then? You'll have to forgive me if I don't recall who you are. Sybil gave a flick of her tail as she stood there, Even if you aren't, what brings you out this way? It's not like she really cared all that much. Anyone was free to do whatever they wanted, but the darker woman was here, so best to figure out the story to this meet up before the coyote girl decided to stay or move on.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:05 am

The girl seemed healthy, and was smiling. She was dressed in a way that Vicira considered odd -- though Inferni didn't have too many individuals who accessorized, feral as they all were. Perhaps it shouldn't have surprised Vicira, but she'd expected to see the puppies suffering for not living in the clan. She didn't know the dubious details of their conception or departure, only that one day they were there, and the next they weren't.

Valetina? Sybil? Vicira asked, watching the coymutt's ears for acknowledgment of her name, then lifted her chin. Vicira Tears, she supplied. The leaders' daughter. It's a shame we haven't been able to get to know each other. Her eyes passed curiously over the other's fading blue-white hair again.

She shrugged at the question, crossing her arms and rubbing at the fur on one tricep. Wandering, she replied. I've been restless. In part because of the tension with her mother, but in part because of the craving, too. She glanced at the bottle in Sybil's hand, pricking her ears. You looking to get into trouble? she teased.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:47 pm

+200

Sybil noticed the woman across from her lit up a bit. She couldn't really blame her. She would have guessed that anyone from Inferni might have been happy or surprised to see the former coyote returning in the direction of home. The gray woman questioned on which one that she was. Sybil gave a flick of her tail, grin growing along her face, I'm Sybil. Valentina is still back at home. Vicira then introduced herself in turn, noting that she was the daughter of the leader. So that was something that the two of them had in common. Both of them were children of the leaders, though she was sure that Vicira's relationship with her parents were better than her's with Nivosus.

Both blue sets of eyes moved down to the bottle that the lighter girl held in her hand. The gray woman's teasing brought a chuckle out of Sybil, Maybe I am. Sapient can get boring from time to time. I thought Mom might feel better if I made a trip to come see her. The drink is just a nice touch. She gave another flick of her tail, But then again, Mom can always wait. You're the one that's here. Care to indulge with me?

The girl moved off to the side, taking to one of the nearby trees. She leaned back, uncorking the bottle, letting the smell of the drink linger, further trying to intice the gray woman. Her body slid down the tree, planting her rear on the ground below her. She brought the bottle up to her lips, taking a nice sip before offering it out to Vicira, Your turn.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 pm

The girl -- a woman now, Vicira supposed -- chuckled at her remark and mentioned that Sapient was boring. This stirred Vicira's dark ears and her curiosity, igniting a small spark of hope, meddling as it was, that she might be able to talk Sybil back into the clan. The strangeness of it was the only fault Vicira held against the girl, but she'd also been raised to believe that Inferni was the only place where coyotes were respected enough to be worth contributing to. And if Sapient didn't provide enough intellectual stimulation -- perhaps Inferni would. Vici knew she never found it boring.

I think she'd like that, yeah, Vicira murmured. She'd heard that Snapdragon had been rather out of sorts a few months ago, something that Vesper had put a stop to. Inferni's rumor mill was rarely too far off the mark. She could see being depressed that one's children were in another pack, and that she'd fallen from grace from Regulus again.

But yes, I will, she finished, and followed Sybil to the shade of the trees. She folded her long legs beneath her and reached for the bottle when it was offered, tipping it back into her mouth. The alcohol tickled her throat and pooled pleasantly in her belly, warming her against the late winter chill, and she found herself smiling softly.

What is Sapient like? Vicira asked. Are there many coyotes there?

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 pm

+300

Sapient was boring for a number of reasons, but this was the choice she and her sister had made. Nivosus certainly was doing nothing to help the situation. If anything, he was one of the causes for her wandering. What was the point in staying in a place where her father was going to just ignore her and her sister day in and day out? Snapdragon was sure to give them more attention, but who would want a daughter that turned out to be just like Nivosus? No one. Sapient was a better place for her to live and flourish, not her old home.

She might, but she also might not, the coyote chuckled. Valentina was not with her, so it probably wouldn't be as good for her as it should have been. It would make her day to see both of her daughters in good health. It was clear that her mother was not the greatest with her father, so the discovery of her change was sure to just make her hurt more. Well, perhaps she also should have thought things through like her father.

A grin formed across the lighter woman's face as Vicira took the bottle from her, taking her own drink of the alcohol. Blue eyes turned to meet the gray woman's own as she questioned what Sapient was like, and how many coyotes were actually there. Sybil crossed her legs, emitting a soft sigh from her lips, My sister and I are really the only ones there that look like coyotes. As for what it's like.. well it's far more humanized than Inferni. I've been doing may fair share in looking after our birds and horses. Her eyes trailed up to the other woman, What about Inferni? Anything new since our departure?

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:11 pm

“I can imagine that would be strange,” Vicira said, and shook her head. “One kind isn’t better than the other, but… wolves don’t understand us.” She tapped the bottle with her claws, a hollow note along the neck. “You must have to work hard to prove yourself—as a coyote and as a woman. Don’t let them look down on you.”

Thanks in part to Inferni’s leadership, females weren’t looked down upon in the clan, but there were some individuals with sloppy tongues that betrayed their biases, however harmlessly they were meant. Certainly a male wolf would think Sybil or Vici even weaker. She had a feeling the golden wolfdog from the Court had thought so.

Humanization was an interesting concept—if only because Vicira didn’t really see anything as “humanized” or not. To fit things into categories was avoiding the fact that Luperci were Luperci, not humans. It was a term that Vesper used often, however, as if to set herself further apart from the shifters and the canine that she used to be. It was a way of categorizing behaviors and expectations, however, and she thought she understood; many in Inferni went on four legs as often as they went on two, but the clan didn’t suffer for it. They weren’t New Dawn.

“Never could bring myself to like birds,” Vicira said, thinking of her mother’s ravens, “but horses I understand.”

She frowned at the other’s question, and her eyes darkened. She looked off to the side, wondering if she should confess her thoughts to a Sapien—which Sybil clearly was, despite being Lykoi. Lowered inhibitions drove her to speak. “Vesper has taken over leadership from Myrika after the war,” she said, not certain if Sybil was old enough to remember the fighting or if she’d departed before things got rough. “Nothing’s different,” she added hastily, “not really, but it was so… so wrong of her to take that from her mate…”

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:31 pm

+300

Sybil couldn't help but laugh at Vicira's comment. It was funny, but probably not for the reasons the gray woman would have expected. The fact that she was a woman had nothing to do with it. If anything, the males should have been looked down upon. She often found it funny that most of the warriors in Sapient were in fact female, except for Shaamah of course. He was the only exception. Sybil raised her hand forward for her drink, she needed one for this, Prove myself.. The only person I have to prove myself to is my own damn father. Everyone else seems content with me. They don't care about what I look like. Once she had the bottle, she took a long drink, Nivosus doesn't care about any of his children. He avoids me and Valentina every chance he gets.

Silence hadn't taken over them. The gray woman had more to say, and while Sybil was listening, there really was no need for her to make any comments towards it. It was nice to hear they shared something in common. Perhaps if she made another trip and came across Vicira again, they could talk horses. Today just didn't seem like the right day for that kind of talk. Sybil had been here to relax, not talk work.

The girl's attention came back when the gray woman began to speak of Inferni, mentioning that Vesper had taken over leadership. Given that she didn't spend too much time in Inferni, the names of the leaders meant nothing to her, but she gathered enough information from the final statement. Vesper had taken leadership from her mate. That must have been something interesting. In a way, that would be like her taking leadership away from her father.. although that idea wasn't too bad. Despite her inner thinking, Sybil could see that Vicira was concerned. She offered the drink back to her, Tell me more. I can see why it would be wrong to take a position from one's mate, but there seems to be much more to this story.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 05, 2016 3:30 pm

300+

Vicira might have complained about her parents, but the truth was that both doted on her from a young age. It was their love that drew her out of her shell, and their passions that inspired hers; they never turned her away or ignored her, even though at one point there were five puppies to look after at once. She didn't know the story behind Sybil's conception, but it seemed as if Nivosus didn't care for any of his children.

She wondered if she would have loved Marlowe's.

She frowned. Then why the fuck do you have to prove yourself to him? He sounds like an ass. In her own rebellion against Vesper, she shirked her old duties, worked at things that wouldn't make her proud. She'd cast off the title of Sciens long ago to follow in Myrika's footsteps. There are better Luperci to look up to.

She hesitated after letting the information about her parents slip, but Sybil offered her the bottle in encouragement. She frowned and took hold of the neck, but didn't drink yet. Though the spirits loosened her tongue, she knew that she had to tread carefully, not tell Sybil anything that would hurt Inferni. It was just becoming difficult to know what was what.

Vesper said that Myrika just stepped down, since Myri didn't do much during the war, Vicira told the other girl at last, choosing to speak on the personal matters rather than the dark events leading up to them -- such as Vesper's paranoia. But she had to have guilt tripped her, forced her... Myrika loved her so much, but it ruined everything. She shook her head, and finally took another swig. I don't know what kind of canine Vesper is anymore.

Raze
Luperci
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

Dead Topics