Love and War

POSTED: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

The horses of Sapient still have their thick shaggy winter coats -- help brush them out to leave them more comfortable as winter begins its slow fade!
See there the innocent blood you have spilt

Placing another of the brushes into the large wooden bucket sat by her feet, green eyes roamed around the shadowed room, contemplating if there was anything else that she would need before she headed out and got started; it would be rather troublesome to keep having to do trips back and forth to the stables storage room in-between grooming, after all.

Scrunching her face, she crouched down and plucked the bucket up, pleased with her haul of mixed brushes and equipment. If she was missing something then she'd simply have to make do; very few of the communal horses were well mannered enough to be left unattended to free her up to head back anyway, less someone else opted to aid her in grooming the beasts.

Walking down between the stables, she dropped the bucket off by the place she'd set aside to get some serious grooming done. Scooping up one of the lead ropes from within the bucket, the Nemain daughter headed back in and began eyeing the stallions that were still within their stalls.

Emmett's head came over his stable door, his nostrils flaring and ears flicking back and forth as he eyed her. A pretty creature, that was for sure; with a taste for luperci flesh if the rumors about the stallion were to be believed. Tentatively she approached the stable, willing to at least attempt to work with the stallion if he was willing to watch his manners and keep his teeth to himself.

We are the ones who will never be broken
WITH OUR FINAL BREATH, WE'LL FIGHT TO THE DEATH

Kitty
Luperci Oh Morrígan, guide me through this dark night Off with their heads
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:57 pm

S h a a m a h
  • Word Count: [534]
  • Date: 27 Feb
  • Time:
  • Form: Optime
:3

The beast was never one for many things, and though some things he wouldn't even attempt, there were others that showed some sort of promise to getting the rest of Sapient the more socially graced soldier they believed they deserved.

There was noise coming from the stable's storage, and Shaamah stood cautiously away from it all. The creatures never cared for him and the soldier was never one to tame his tension in order to please the preybeasts. He'd arrived in view of the place not long ago and he didn't often enter. Most thought it a silly thing, a soldier being frightened of a horse at all. Those that knew better didn't grin at the idea. It wasn't trepidation that kept the beast from the horses, it was the bracing of the rules that lined Sapient's small constitution. Do not destroy another's goods. Here in Sapient, a spooked horse that lashed out often belonged to someone, if not Sapient itself. Rendering an owned horse dead on pack lands wouldn't render him any rewards.

It was the instinct that pressed him to do such things, and though instinct was a very useful tool in battle, it played little difference in peacetime. The soldier stood in corners so innocent Sapien's and their guests couldn't tap on his shoulder. He never rested completely flat, so he could be prepared if he had to wake quickly. The beast didn't stray near prey animals, especially those that were owned, in the case of a lash out between the two of them. While most souls here wanted to believe he was capable of becoming civilized, Shaamah was just as much an animal as the horses. They both lived and breathed on instinct.

Tierney exited the storage and made her way into the stables, bucket in hand full of items Shaamah hadn't cared to know about previously. The feral beast would have to, at least, make an attempt. Learning things was any Sapien's true calling. Not only this, but Akantha and Kin would be pleased to find out he was doing his part of the uphill battle of creating less feral natures within himself. The soldier breathed, though unable to calm the tension that was often as clear as his stern expression was on his face. The first steps were taking in the few it would require to reach the stables, and the beast stood tall in the stable door.

"Tierney," The warrior breathed lowly, his voice a familiar hum. It came as a greater fortune that the two of them had met before, but the beast couldn't say if she harbored any ill will since their little game in the snow," May I aid you?" It was stiff, formal and lacking in any sort of personality, but that was nothing new to the beast. A few more steps inward were made as dark harks rolled back, hackles lifting with the scent that filled the stables. Already horses were becoming uneasy, but the beast would give them no eye contact. They were not to be frightened or irritated anymore than his presence alone might bring.

While war is in my heart, Death is by my side

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Tambako the Jaguar

Show'em the Ol'Razzle Dazzle
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:54 am

Manoeuvring to the side of Emmett, she kept the stallion within her field of vision as her hand lifted to the latch of his stables door. Fingers resting upon the cool metal, his voice had her jerking back, dancing a few steps away as Emmetts head snapped over towards her in an attempt to take a chunk of her. Well, it was at least now confirmed that the stallion was a bitter. Glaring at the pale horse in frustration, she huffed out an amused breath and straightened her spine. Challenge accepted.

Locating the owner of the voice, she grunted in greeting at Shaamah, looking him over with open speculation, a malicious and wholly gleeful expression settling upon her. Whilst she’d scoff at anyone who’d dare to imply that she was a damsel in distress, having the hulking male and all of his strength at her disposal would certainly make dealing with Emmett a lot easier. Certainly he was a prime example of a meat shield and would make an ideal distraction and additional target for the problem horse.

“Shaamah. I would really appreciate the help” her voice was pure wicked amusement, the Opus making absolutely no attempt to hide the fact that he was going to regret offering. “Emmett here fancies himself to be able to do as he pleases. I could really do with a big, strong man to help hold him for me whilst I try and sort his winter coat out” a big strong man to take the horses harassment in my place.

Because whilst she might be a warrior, the thought of Emmett biting her was none too appealing.

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:08 pm

S h a a m a h
  • Word Count: [377]
  • Form: Optime
Mweh heh heh heh

The soldier couldn't have expected the surprise that Tierney seemed to be met with upon his arrival, or rather the announcement of it, but as the stallion that she dealt with offered a quick snap of his equine teeth, the warrior snorted quietly. Any beast that challenged a canine so should be treated lie the meat that they were worth, raw, torn and in a stomach. There was the instance of regret that lined the ever present chip on his shoulder, but as long as he could play it off as pack work, he wouldn't be able to completely condemn himself from future trips to the stables.

He was met with a grin and a gaze that the soldier knew to mean misery and a try of his patience, moreso than the willpower he'd have to utilize against the creatures in these stables. He breathed a long and heavy exhale with the intentions that lay beneath Tierney's tune. There was a visible melting of what tolerance he'd come to here with as she played at the idea that he'd come here with the purpose of assuming the woman was incapable of the task on her own. The duo knew far well better than that and it was an unfortunate loss of humor on the beast.

Even so, he had offered his assistance and whatever the case may be, he would have to perform. Large footpaws spread with each padfall as he made his way warily to Tierney's side, meeting her joy with the very same stern expression he'd gifted all others before. He wasn't about to tell the woman he had no earthly idea what he was going to do to hold the creature, but he mused on the idea of choking the thing until it passed out and being on his way. Least to say, his mind was more on getting the task done than how to humanely accomplish it. If the horse was going to snap at him, the creature would surely regret it," What do you require of me?" The soldier spoke quietly, heterochromic gaze settling on the stallion directly as harks darted atop his crown at every sound the animals made in the stalls nearby.

While war is in my heart, Death is by my side

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Tambako the Jaguar

Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:11 am

Snatching up Emmet's harness, she glanced between the pale stallion and the hulking Opus. So foolishly and easily he'd agreed to offer his assistance, something that he would no doubt be quick to regret when the implications of the task he agreed to turns around and bites him in the arse, quite likely literally in this case.

“I'll head in and get him harnessed up. We can move him out of his stall and into the hallway, so there's more space to maneuver around him” with that announcement, her free hand returned to the metal latch on his stable door, flicking it open and sliding into the stall whilst his attention was on Shaamah.

Hooking the lead rope over his neck, she placed herself at his shoulder on the off chance she'd need to push him back. With quick motions the narrower section of the head collar slipped over his nose, the longer strap flicking up and over his neck, to which she grabbed and threaded through. Moving quickly, she threaded the lead rope and pushed upon his stable door, keeping her actions fast and confident, never lingering where he could take a free shot at her. For the most part, the stables was relatively empty and so she picked a random hoop to tie him too in the hallway, dancing back a few steps upon achieving this.

“That's the worst part done, at least. Mind his head; he likes to bite. Also don't do any sudden movements or step behind him. He kicks apparently” dusting her hands off, she grinned over a Shammah, heading to her gather tools and plucking the correct one up for his mane, tossing it over in the warriors direction.

“If you want to tackle his man, i'll start on his body?”

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:08 pm

WC 508

The woman worked with quick hands and it portrayed her diligence despite the animal's aggression, and her eyes moved between them. It didn't take more than a moment for Shaamah to realize that he had become a meat shield for Tierney, though he wasn't sure why he would expect much else. While he breathed out quietly in disdain, he followed her motions as she slipped into the stall, holding his hand up with a wary eye on the prey-creature. If this animal was as aggressive as it had portrayed itself, then chances were, it was looking for motion and direction to land it's bites, grass eater or not.

After Tierney was complete with wrapping the creature's head with the leather that better controlled it, she moved outside of the stables, Shaamah moving backward with his hand up and direct eye contact. The woman might not be able to completely challenge the animal, not wanting a bite wound to deal with for the rest of the day, but the soldier was numb to the concept. The horse would bite him today, he was sure of it, and he was sure that Sapient wouldn't want their stallion dead before evening, so his options were just as Tierney had intended. Meat shield. Retaliation would come as harsh correction from the soldier, but he'd have to exercise the willpower that his feral self had never much utilized.

'Don't kill it' Was the mantra that echoed in the back of his mind as Tierney finished tying it down, Two-toned gaze reaching to her as her voice lifted as she stepped with light feet away from the horse. After patting her hands free of grime, the fetched the tools they would need and sent one in Shaamah's direction. The brush was clamped in one fist, caught from the air as sights returned to the stallion. Tackle the mane? The soldier never brushed his own hair, much less an animals. This was ridiculous. Another breath escaped him as his attention to Tierney moved into the attention he'd have to keep on the animal to prevent a rearing or bucking that might injure her.

He frowned, and took a step forward, to which the creature threw it's head back only to realize it's lack of motion. Immediately afterward, Emmet's mouth darted forward to take a piece out of the beast, but adept soldier's hands moved quickly. Fingers went in one nostril, thumb in the other, and he gripped much harder than anyone with compassion for animals might present. The horse snorted and groaned from the pain, and he tried to pull back, only to groan again and shake his head. A strong arm held the struggling creature while his free hand ran a brush through his hair over his crown a few times, before releasing the animal to recover.

Shaamah was not a man to put up with this horses' antics so kindly as most,” Explain the logic behind this,” The soldier spoke, lifting his hand for the stallion to focus on while the stallion pinned his ears back and stomped against the stable floor,” Why tame a creature so unwilling?” The gravelly hum rose a bit, as the man snapped his hand at the stallion's nostrils again. Emmet shook again, growling and groaning as Shaamah pushed his head away, Making a few more brush strokes before releasing the animal again.
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:13 pm

So uncomfortable he seemed around the stallion her ribs were long since aching with repressed laughter. Oh this was turning out to be a glorious form of unintentional revenge for that snowball fight that had gotten out of hand some months passed, not that she was one to hold a grudge over it. That however didn’t mean she couldn’t enjoy the tension radiating off her fellow warrior as he no doubt regretted his offer to help her out now. Bless him and his good intentions, he was just unfortunate to cut in as she’d began working with Emmett of all the communal horses.

“The logic is that the can cover ground faster than we can, carry more and do a hell of a lot of damage when implemented correctly in combat. Their speed has a variety of practical applications in hunting also. However, to be more exact, Emmett here is primarily kept to sire further strong generations, his bad manners engraved long before the pack took him in” perhaps with the right handler Emmett could be trained to have better manners, yet no one had seemed inclined to dedicate the time to achieve such a dealt with the communal stallion, thus his only purpose within the pack was to sire strong offspring which could have proper training from a young age.

“You don’t own a horse yourself, do you?”

Kitty
Bend the knee and crawl
FOR I AM damnation
And I Serve The Crow

POSTED: Sun May 15, 2016 9:54 pm

[[wc 370]]

The beast continued to struggle with the bitey end of the creature, pinning the stallion's head by his nostrils and brushing in short bursts in order to get the job down without the thing offering too much of a fight back. Tierney's words lifted over the horse's noise. All of the concepts made plenty of sense when it came to pack animal, combat, hunting and siring, but when it came to such a useless animal that needed care and contributed little to the welfare of the pack, plus Shaamah's very clear distaste for the animals themselves, it was a little more difficult to see the reasoning behind this particular creature.

To Tierney's question, Shaamah's eyes broke from the stallion for just a moment. It was just long enough for Emmett to attempt another bite before he was subdued at the nostrils again with a hard jerk, not at all thrilled with the strong arm and lack of compassion Shaamah had offered,” I do not,” There was a bit of a growl beneath the gravel of his tone before he continued on, attempting a more calm demeanor despite his growing displeasure with the horse and it's lack of self-preservation,” I have no need to own one. I am unable to ride as a mount, and have little use for them in hunt or in combat,” He failed to speak of the fact that the creatures didn't like him much due to his award winning personality, to which the favor was dutifully returned. Nor did he mention that though he may not be able to drag as much weight, he could certainly carry a decent amount over a rougher terrain than a horse and cart were able.

Dark hand released the horse again as he kicked against the ground, snot covering the charcoal of Shaamah's hand. He did not hide his disdain on his features, his black lips turning downward into more of a frown than he usually carried,” The only purpose they might serve for me is a meal in drought or winter when game falls scarce,” The words were seemingly directed at Emmett despite the fact they were given to Tierney.
Salsola
The Warden
Dark
Luperci Mate to Kaeli
War is in My Heart

Dead Topics