Just for a while

anyone for a meal with Enzo?

POSTED: Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:53 pm

ooc:

The sun's brush was warmer today, spring was beginning anew. The large windows in the library let the light stream in and he gladly basked in their rays. The warmth helped him, helped his body and helped his spirit, the winter had always been a dismal time for Lorenzo, he enjoyed very much the color and vibrancy of spring and summer and the crisp splashes of autumn. Today was a good day for him, he was feeling well enough to walk about the Fort and had ended his wandering in the splendorous Library.

He gladly perused books on all manner of subjects, flipping through some whilst only looking at the pictures and drawings and some he took after more intently, the ones on weapons creation interested him mostly, even though he was not a blacksmith. The idea of creating something useful from a lump of metal, leather and wood was a fascinating one to him.

Time whiled away for him whilst he was sat reading, and the sun wheeled across the sky, eventually taking its warm rays with it, though the room stayed warmer for the heat. Evening came and he began to feel the glimmers of hunger, his frame was still thinned and the bones of his spine and shoulders pressed against his skin, but the appetite was returning too.

He stood and replaced his book on the appropriate shelf, intending on making his way to the kitchen to scrounge himself a meal from the leftovers and stored foods.

Lorenzo Knight

POSTED: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:18 pm

(+431)
Hope you don’t mind a Teagan x3 She hasn’t had a one-on-one thread with her Grand-Uncle yet!

The day had been a long one for her. To begin with, she had risen early so she could spend some extra time with the horses and falcons before she left for her daily training. For the remainder of it, her mentor, Sylvie, had worked her hard. Sparring had been the week’s subject, and the coyote had not been joking when she had said it would be hard work. Teagan’s muscles ached from being used in ways they hadn’t before, as well, she sported a few bruises under her pelt from a miscalculation or two on her part. She wore the injuries with pride though, knowing full well that their pain only showed her progress as a knight.

The scarred archer had let the Stryder child go earlier than usual, perhaps for her good show of effort that day or for another matter, Teagan didn’t ask. She was thankful for the break, as she could feel her muscles starting their telltale signs of failure if she kept things up. After a frigid bath to wash away the day’s sweat and hard work, the young teen had gone home and promptly fallen asleep in a late-afternoon nap. By the time she had reawakened, the world had turned dark and her stomach was growling fiercely to be refilled after such a day.

Not wanting to bother her parents for food and with Indi out doing something, Teagan and slunk off towards the fort’s kitchens. If she was lucky, perhaps Isaac or Jonas would still be cooking something, and she could re-purpose a helping or two. The girl, so eager to fill her rumbling stomach, nearly bumped into a tall figure as she turned a corner. Her reflexes spared her the embarrassment of a collision, allowing her to side-step the individual at the last second. “Sor—” She began to apologize automatically, but, as her canary gaze fell upon him, she blinked in surprise recognition, “Oh! Uncle Lorenzo!”

She took a few steps back to give the large, warm-grey male his space. “What are you doing out here?” The Lotta hadn’t seen much of the relative as of late, but hadn’t put much thought into it. He had probably been busy doing adult things like her parents were. He was her sister’s mentor too, so, like Sylvie was busy teaching Teagan, he was likely the same with Indi.

There was a long pause before Teagan bluntly commented, her brows furrowing in concern, “You look really thin.” Perhaps it was just her imagination though?

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
The Brotherhood: Master of Bladed Weapons
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:59 am

ooc: I'm unsure if Tea is on optime or if she still cant shift yet x3 ambiguous post is ambiguous :D

Suffering reflexes left the male without much time to react but fortunately the young female managed to dodge her own way out of trouble. A hang groped for the wall as his pitiful effort almost overbalanced himself and he fought to straighten himself. A troubled twist to his expression set in as disdain focused inwards on himself before the young female spoke and he smiled at her. "Yer fine lassie."

It was the same as when he had caught eyes of Indi finally, he was surprised how large she had grown, neither of them had been allowed to visit him while he was sick in bed for fear they would catch it, being so young. It was Ghita all over again as they shot up like weeds or ivy before his eyes.

"Ah was thinkin' about headin' down to tha kitchens fer a bite tah eat. If yeh'd like tah join meh?" Ahh trust children to always say their minds, it was as inevitable as the sun rising and falling, "Aye, ah've bin sick lately. They were still children yes but they needed to know that the world was not always sunshine and daises, that sometimes bad things happened. He turned and gestured to the hallway that led to the kitchens, hoping that she would like to accompany him, interested in the life of his grand-niece.

Lorenzo Knight

POSTED: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:45 pm

Lupus (+395)
Sorry! I should have made it more clear! Dx She’s in Optime! Also, sorry for the wait!

Instinctively, her hands came up in a vain attempt to catch the larger wolf should he fall. Lorenzo was able to regain his balance without her assistance though, and her hands fell back to her sides. Teagan’s mismatched ears twitched at the accent of her relative. Having not been around him much, the strange twist he had on words was foreign-sounding to her. He was one of the few—two, actually, she only knew one other that talked like him—that spoke in such a manner. The large male reassured her that she had done no harm, and Teagan couldn’t help but to smile a little bit at the term he used to refer to her as. Had she been younger, she might have giggled, but, as it were, she was trying to put forth an image of someone big and tough like her mother.

He mentioned food and her stomach audibly growled at the suggestion. The Lotta hastily grabbed at it, arms crossing over her torso in as if to hide the gurgling beast. Her onyx ears flattened firmly against her hair, and her canary eyes looked anywhere but at her relative. She offered Lorenzo an embarrassed chuckle as she stared at his feet, suddenly interested at how large they were in comparison to hers. “Yes, please. I uh…actually haven’t eaten since before Miss Sylvie and I got done with training,” she admitted. Slowly, her hands unraveled from shielding her groaning stomach from the elder male’s ears. “Do you think there’ll be anything good to eat left?” She inquired up at him, her confidence returning now that her stomach had quieted. She had missed out on dinner, but, perhaps, there were some leftovers somewhere to be scavenged?

The elder Cavalier turned to lead the way, and Teagan skipped into movement after him, not wanting to be left behind. She’d waited until they had walked a little ways before she decided to reply to his earlier comment about being ill. “Have you seen Miss Morty or Miss Veri? I thought they were supposed to make us feel better when we didn’t feel good?” Surely, if he had seen one of the two medics, he wouldn’t have gotten so thin? She was too naïve and ignorant to know that some things could not be cured.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:05 pm

The sisters were very much like each other, maybe not so in looks or in personality but he could See. He saw his Father and then Tony, he saw Luca and too Lyris in the pair of them. There was pride, such great pride in them. It troubled him greatly to think that he may not live to see them truly flourish in the pack, to see them grown but there was still hope that he might be able to hold on just long enough to see some of that future. The last wish of a dying man.

Her stomach gurgled and his smile turned into a toothy grin despite the pain resonating in his knees. He seemed to lift as Sylvie was mentioned, standing taller and appearing larger somehow. The half blind man revitalized for the one who had taken his heart. "Aye, ah 'ope yer've been takin' 'er lessons tah 'eart." He knew she would have been and was only teasing her,
"Well, if there aint then ah can always whip samthing up fer tha' pair of us." He winked, Lorenzo was quite accomplished in the kitchen, it was a enjoyed hobby of his.

The tension returned to his shoulders, muscles tightening, his jovial voice was replaced by a much quieter one, "Thar are sam things tha' can't be fixed, that even Morteh and Veri can't cure." Not for lack of trying, the healer women had been plying him with potions and attempted cures for months now.
Lorenzo Knight

POSTED: Sun May 15, 2016 8:03 pm

(+586)
I have no idea what the kitchens look like, forgive me xD

Teagan’s lips formed a thin line and her brows furrowed in determination at her relative’s statement. Even though the adult meant it as a tease, the child couldn’t help but to let him know that she took her mentor’s lessons seriously. “Uh huh! Ev-er-ry one of ‘em!” She nodded firmly. After a few moments though, the serious expression cracked and broke away, and the Lotta was giggling at her bravado. “Miss Sylvie is really nice and really smart,” the Stryder child complimented with a wag of her tail, proud to have the coyote as not only her mentor, but her relative through Lorenzo.

At his wink, he received another round of childish laughter. “What can you make, Uncle Lorenzo?” She inquired curiously. She’d only ever seen the Coblentz brothers cook much of anything around the pack. They made delicious baked goods and had delectable choices of meat. It was likely that the brothers’ shops had closed down for the day though…so what did the large male have in mind?

Her question on his health, it seemed, was perhaps a sore subject for her Great Uncle. His playful mood had been instantly calmed and the air between them felt heavy. Her charcoal ears fell against her hair as she sensed the change in his mood, wondering what was wrong. When Lorenzo finally answered her, Teagan felt her heart sink a little in her chest. Whatever sickness he had…couldn’t be fixed? Even young as she was, the implication of his statement was understood clear enough that the child knew it wasn’t good.

She was silent for a while few moments as the gravity of the matter sunk in. The Lotta swallowed, trying to rid herself of the heavy feeling that suddenly weighed down upon her. She had to be strong and act tough…like…like her mother. “Maybe—” She took a breath as her voice wavered. She paused as she took another breath to gather herself before she continued, “Maybe they just haven’t tried hard enough.” Her canary eyes snuck up to the larger male to see what his reaction might be.

She trotted on ahead and opened the door that lead into the kitchen area, holding it for her larger family member. “You’ve gotta be awfully brave, Uncle Lorenzo,” she commented on his bravery given such devastating news about his illness. She waited for his large form to pass through the threshold. Once he was through, she strode up beside him once more. An idea popped in her head, and her ears pricked forward attentively. “I know!” She maneuvered over to a bench, patting on the part that made up the seat. “You sit and tell me what to do, and I’ll make it for you.”

She wanted to cheer him up, and, while cooking was not her forte—not to mention, it was too domestic for her tastes, and, therefore, a task she had never performed before—it was the least she could do. She liked to think it was more of an Indi type of thing, but, if it meant it might make Lorenzo a little happier, then she’d give it a try. Besides, she had noticed the slower and more methodical movements he made. His bones probably hurt or something, and she didn’t want him to hurt himself on her account. Teagan waited patiently for the older Cavalier to decide, her tail wagging and eyes brimming with determination.

Teagan Stryder

Casa di Cavalieri
War Lord
Songbird
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics