we lose our heads at the break of dawn

POSTED: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:13 am

I'll rise up, And I'll do it a thousand times again

The blackwoods reminded her of the stories of her Grandmother.

An ancient place, oft shrouded by mists, the witch found the land to be the most beautiful of Salsola. She was a woman made for ghostly places, and the heavily shrouded woods were such a place. Lately she had felt a great restlessness, a sense of some impending danger. Every moment felt like the calm before the storm, and she awaited the coming of darkness with great unease.

The witch had neglected her faith.

Oh, it was true she kept her prayers. But she had slid away from her responsibilities. War had spoken to her at length of his brother's faith, Famine who had seen revelation. New rites and scriptures, and he had explained the rituals at some length. She found herself tempted to embrace the new way of the Mountain, as it came from War's mouth. Bane had honored Tak because she was possessed of him, but War urged further faith. She was frightened but eager, the possibility of more appealed to her. She had focused on her healing and the day to day of Salsola, but she would repent.

Lokr had forbidden her faith at her home.

The waif made do with his proclomation, and she had loaded Dama up with the can tak she had brought from Khalif. Bigger than her can tah, the can tak's were wooden statues of the Gods, roughly two feet tall each. She had found a small clearing in the Blackwoods, nearest to the northern edge of where the woods met Amherst. There she placed the can tak. Howling Rah'khir, painted flat grey with yellow eyes stood in the center. To her left, the snarling, black painted Tak with his red eyes. To her right, the serenely staring white painted figure of Ankh peered out benevolently with her blue eyes. Bane rocked on her heelss, and straightened the figure of Rah'khir with great ease by the wan light of day that made its way through the thick canopy of trees. It would be a place of worship, and she was glad of it.

for anybody! [wc — ??]

hilli
Luperci Curander, Boticario Mate to Basilaris tak

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:05 pm

OOC - I hope you don't mind me snagging this. I wasn't sure if it was on the borders or not. Even if it's a little inside, I don't think they would care about trespassing. +300 words.

Haunt and her brother had spent so much time being dedicated to their faith that there wasn't much time for just the two of them. Horror was more excited than the black and white woman was, but that was just to be true to her own nature. He wanted nothing more than to spend his time with her, not really caring what the two of them had gone to do. One thing was for sure. They had spent too much time up on the mountain. It was time to get away from it for a while. What could the two of them do away from home?

Perhaps it wouldn't have been a bad idea to actually do some hunting for food rather than for sacrifice. The two of them had wandered down along the stoned pathways of the mountain, coming down towards Salsola's borders. The two of them had been here a number of times before, even inside of it once. They didn't particularly care about trespassing. It wasn't like the black and white woman had anything to worry about when it came to fighting. She could hold her own just fine. The two padded along the line, keeping a mind if they were wandering inside of the scent marks or not.

As the siblings came along the northern part of the borders, Haunt's green eyes began to narrow at a nearby scent. As she stepped closer, there was a familiar figure in the clearing that was nearby. The two grew small smiles on their faces as they came closer to her. The darker sibling moved closer to his bulky littermate. The two stepped towards their older sister, Horror speaking up to get her attention, "Bane. How nice to see you. What do you have there?"

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:50 am

The waif stilled, much like a frightened rabbit. There were plenty of her siblings that had arrived, and some had given her great worry (Fire, namely) but she had not believed that Haunt and Horror would ever arrive. They shared the same blood, but Haunt and Horror had been the most aptly named D'Angelo's. They were monsters, content to revel in it with one another, sharing a bond of blood and sin. She wanted very much to run shrieking into the woods. Perhaps Basilaris would hear her, or Heine, or any of the other strong males that resided in Salsola. Or most blessed of all, the indomitable Salvia might hear. But she was far from the heart of the territory, and she offered the pair a wide eyed, slightly trembling smile, and turned to greet them. "Can taks, little sister. For the Gods. To honor them in the woods of my home."

Bane shifted her weight from one foot to the other in a nervous gesture. "You really shouldn't be here, you know. The leaders of this place wouldn't take lightly to a trespass, and they are quite fierce. I'm sure its just a mistake...I'd hate to see you two get hurt." Her words were spoken with a heavy worry that she forced. She would quite like to see them get run off, as the two were often wildly unpredictable. They loved the dark god more than anything (at least she thought so) and were devoted to feeding his wrath.

*shriek* I LOVE HOW YOU PLAY THEM. SO EXCITED OH EM GEE[wc — ??]

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 am

OOC - Yay! I am glad! This is sure to be interesting. +300 words.

Horror stepped forward, moving to his older sister's side. The two of them were no strangers to her uneasiness about the two of them being here. The red stained man found more enjoyment out of it than Haunt did. So it seemed their day was going to be far more interesting than they first thought.

Horror's orange gaze lingered on her can taks as she explained them. His eyes fixated on the one of their lord. Tak's dark body and glowing red eyes stared right through him. A twisted grin came across his face as he looked over to Bane. He was a bit curious about her choice of location, not just because it was so close to the borders, but why even out here all together, "Why worship them out here when you can worship them at your own home? Or is it perhaps that your beloved pack mates are afraid? Afraid that Tak will come for all of them if he is not distanced away from them?" The two of them did such things were they had made their home, despite being surrounded by three other packs. Their victims' cries rang over the mountain without care from either sibling.

The black and white woman narrowed her eyes on Bane, warning the two of them that they shouldn't be trespassing, lest they face the leaders. It wasn't like the two of them cared. If they had even an ounce of care, they wouldn't even be here. Whoever their leader was, Haunt was more than capable of protecting herself and her brother. Instead, she stepped forward, leaning in towards her sister, "You are a terrible liar Bane." Haunt's eyes stared through Bane's. She could smell the fear coming from them. Bane wanted them gone, but they were not planning on leaving so soon.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:46 am

There was a time on the Mountain they might have reduced her to weeping.

Salsola made her stronger. She was an Arbiter, and though she was afraid of their madness, she would not be intimidated on Salsolan soil. Her response to her younger brother was calm and cool. "Tak is the nighthunter. These woods are rich with prey and decay. He would love a place like this, with its shadows and secrets. My home is in a place less to His liking. This seemed a natural site to worship the nightwolf." She shrugged, and shook her dark head firmly. "They respect Tak but they do not fear him. The leader shares our blood, a daughter of Rah'khir. Tak receives his tribute as needed, and we thrive for it." Her bright eyes regarded Horror's lean, strong body with calm interest. They were so devoted to their faith and one another, the intensity of the pair reminded her strongly of their Grandmother's mad stories. Love was an obsessive, all consuming thing according to Misery. The pair embodied that.

"I'm not lying, Haunt. The leaders would not approve of your trespass." Bane paused for just a moment, tearing her gaze away from Horror's lean form. She regarded Haunt seriously, and let out a soft sigh. "You were one of the fiercest fighters on the Mountain, we both know that. But this isn't Khalif." And she thanked the Gods for that.

[wc — ??]

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:02 pm

OOC - +300 words.

The two siblings could see that there was a change in Bane. She was far more confident than she was back on the mountain, especially when it came to the two of them. They might have been younger than her, but they were just as easily about to induce fear into their older sister. That was no longer the case. As much as they didn't like to admit it, it was nice to see their sister having grown a back bone since their time on the mountain. Haunt was always one to respect the strength of others. She could at least shed an ounce to Bane because of this, but not much.

Horror's attention was more focused on the older sister as she explained the reasoning behind the location she had chosen for the can taks. He had to admit that her reasoning made sense, but it still seemed a little odd to him that she would choose out her rather than keeping her faith at her home. The two of them did all their burning at home after all. The red stained man gave a small nod to her before his orange eyes met the red ones of Tak's. He was full of admiration. The bear woman figured it was better for him to be left on his own. She was better to deal with their sister.

Haunt's green eyes met with her sister's, letting her speaking. Her eyes narrowed, but more so to the warning. She held up her head to Bane, "I am not afraid of your leaders. I am still one of the fiercest fighters, even if we are not at Khalif." She paused before she continued, "But that's not what I was refering to Bane. I know what you think about us, just like everyone else back on the Mountain. You wouldn't hate to see us get hurt."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:20 am

Haunt made her accusations, and Bane's eyes narrowed to gleaming yellow-gold slits.

There were those on the Mountain that judged them for their violence. Twins were rarely paired on the Mountain, they were often parceled out to younger or older siblings. Though Haunt reveled in Tak, the amount of white on her marked her as a potential daughter of Ankh - while Horror was clearly a son of Tak. Such unions were frowned on as well. The waif crossed her arms across her chest, and shook her head harshly. "I think your violent, and dangerous." Her tone was quiet, but firm. She knew she was risking her own safety, but she knew the woods better than the pair. She could not outfight them — it wouldn't even be a contest — but she did think she could outrun them.

Honesty could be dangerous.

"But I know you are family, and that matters. I think if you two tried you could be of great use to one of the pack's here, you'd make ferocious guardians if you put your minds to it. You could claim Horror as your mate, not your brother, and make a life here. Honor our god, and prosper. But you'd have to be good, and I don't know if you can do that. If I wanted you hurt I'd rouse the man that's been living with me and the warriors of the Thistle Kingdom and hunt you down for trespassing. But I won't do that. Your family, and in more than blood. We're all children of Tak, no?"

Her eyes never left Haunt as she spoke, unwilling to back down this time.

[wc — ??]

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:31 pm

OOC - +300 words.

Haunt repeated the same motion as her sister. Green eyes watched as Bane's arms crossed, clarifying that she thought they, or perhaps more so her, were violent and dangerous. She was right to think so. The bulky woman knew that she was, more so than her brother was. He was dangerous for his faith, not for his strength. With the two of them together, they could do a lot of damage to anyone they wanted, even to family. Bane's words came forth once again, bringing Horror's attention as well as Haunt's. She seemed convinced that the two of them would be of use to one of the packs that lived around here. Even if that was the case, there was doubt in the two siblings. They had done well living by themselves, not so well with others as was the case back on the Mountain. Green and orange eyes met at the mention of making the red stained man Haunt's mate rather than her brother. They practically were mates, just that they had never made it official. Did they really need a pack to do so?

Green eyes moved back to the older sister as she stated if she wanted them hurt, then she would have called for help by now. Family meant more to her than it did her two younger siblings. Why should they care when family were the ones who banished Horror, forcing Haunt to leave with him? Haunt simply stared back at her sister's question.

The red stained man finally made his appearance again, placing himself at his sister's side, "We are Bane, even the two of us, but you should know how we have been treated. Even if we were able to find a place to take us in, what makes you think Haunt can stay calm enough. You know how she gets." Horror gave her a playful nudge before she glared down at him. Her temper was the worst, Plague was proof enough of that fact.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Family was important.

Bane belonged to Salsola now, but that did not end the blood ties she had to the D'Angelo's. She would always value them, even if she belonged to a grander, greater thing. The blood of the Mountain was part of her, and it always would be. They cared little but she did not let it stop her — their lack of affection did not diminish her own. She knew they were capable of caring, the devotion they had to one another was proof enough. Bane did not crave their love, just some semblance of respect.

He spoke of how they had been treated, as if they were blameless in it all.

Part of her wanted to argue them, but she bit it back. They had committed sin, reveling in the violence of their God. But they saw themselves as blameless, and nothing would change that. All she could do was press her point, because she wanted better for them. She had always been someone with a low tolerance for loneliness - but they had one another at least. She shrugged, and let her arms drop. "I was banished as well. They caught me with Victory and they were going to burn me." There was a bitter, hateful note in her voice as she spoke. "You'd have to want it enough. A temper can be broken and tamed, just like a horse. If its not something you want, so be it. But I think you'd fare better with others to help you. This is a dangerous land."

[wc — ??]

hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:41 pm

OOC - I assumed they were banished before Bane was. I wasn't sure on the timeline of things. Let me know if I need to fix it. +300 words.

Horror knew that he was not blameless for his actions, but Tak was far above anyone else on the Mountain. His will needed to be pleased above others. What did it matter if family was the next in his ques to fill Tak's hunger. His faith and cruelty had brought him and his sister this far, so why stop now? All black wolves were in danger of being sought out by the red stained man, whether they were meant to others or not.

Green and orange eyes focused on their older sister at the mention of her own banishment. Bane had been banished from the Mountain for sleeping with Victory? The two turned to face each other, staring at the other for a good moment. Haunt couldn't help but bare her teeth. Her brother had more black on him, making him more likely the one to face the flames if the same had happened to the two of them. Better then that they left when they did. They were free to do what they wanted without being bound by the Mountain. Bane was probably in a similar situation, or at least saw it, even if she didn't indulge in it.

Their attention soon turned back to Bane as she continued on. They would be better with others? What kind of pack around here would even take in the two of them, assuming they even wanted to be around others? What pack would accept their cruelty? Clearly Bane's would not. Haunt meanly offered a snort to her sister's warning. A dangerous place had never stopped her before. Horror turned his head to her before back to his older sister, "It would seem Haunt is more content with us being alone, but who knows hmm?"

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

Dead Topics