it was just a glimpse of you

Sybil

POSTED: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 am

when love is gone, where does it go?

She came when she heard the tragic news.

It was custom in Onuba to bring a gift for the bereaved family, though Semini had little to offer these days, as children did not leave time for scavenging or creation. She had settled on bringing food before Laevisa came to her the eve of her departure. Take this, the strange woman had said, handing her a bundle wrapped in a soft white pelt. He has an older son and two small ones, yes? Take it.

She didn't known what was inside until she finally handed it to Akantha. Together, the sisters had unfolded the leather garments across Akantha's bed; vests for the boys, and a skirt for the daughter. She marveled at the excellence of their craft, the adjustable design of the pieces, and each carried the distinct carving of a paw print, though it had too many fingers for a canine, she thought.

Akantha's quarters were busier than before with the ongoing investigations, leaving Semini mostly unoccupied. In the absence of her children, she wondered what she had ever done before them. Nights were spent mostly in Bathurst with Nikita. It was a somber time, and sometimes their talk grew heavy and then quiet. In some startling ways she found comfort in it all. Curled together, she didn't think about what came next.

Sometimes she thought of the past and of her father, and wondered if his death had anything to do with her staying on land rather than aboard some ship. Once upon a lifetime, she had dreamed of Captaining her father's vessel. Of course, in that dream he had been there with her, retired and almost a nuisance with his oversight. In the same way that she believed in her father's continued influence, she was convinced that Thalia hadn't simply come to see them. There was a motive in the acquisition of the Saltwater Storm, and a motive for finding them, for leaving them with strangers like Laevisa and Scarlett.

These thoughts took her out that day to the shoreline where she had washed up over a year ago. The wind was still bitterly cold. She drew near enough that the waves could crawl across her toes, but it only took one pass for her to retreat back out of its reach. The water was frigid, almost to the pointing of burning, and were the ocean not so vast she thought it might have froze up tight as Black Lake.

Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:12 am

+300

Sybil wasn't as broken about the death of Diarmid as some others in the pack were. The coyote girl never really got much of a chance to spend with him. In the end, she ended up spending more time with his and Tierney's children than she did with him. That's not to say though that she wasn't upset. Knowing that there was someone out there who was targeting members of Spaient didn't make her feel good. This was her home since leaving Inferni. She hated the thought of this place not being safe. Sure they had plenty of warriors, but Diarmid was one of them, and now he was dead. Something needed to be done before there were more deaths among their fighters. This problem needed to be taken care of.

The coyote girl had been managing to keep herself busy, at least since the meeting. Sure she would still sneak away from home to get out of the pack every now and then, but while there were these strangers targeting them, she was sure to be more careful. There was no telling what they would do to someone who wasn't as well trained in fighting.

The coyote girl had gone up the opposite staircase, making her way to Tierney's room. She was wanting to see the pups and Ruari, though as she neared, she heard the door slamming. Well so much for that. It was to be expected though. A small scowl came to the coyote girl's face as she moved away from the room. It seemed she would need to find something else to do since Tierney was still in her foul mood.

Sybil eventually made her way back downstairs, heading outside of the estate. Perhaps today might not be a bad time to get out of Sapient, especially if everyone was going to be in a mood like Tierney was. She didn't have the patience to put up with people like the brown woman was acting. As she began to head south, the girl soon stopped, spotting someone along the shore. She didn't look like someone who belonged in Sapient. Sybil stepped forward, crossing her arms over her chest, And who might you be?

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:06 am

It was rare that Semini didn't recognize a face around Sapient, though she supposed the same didn't hold for true for the Sapiens, even among each other. She was a different breed of person, having been molded by a world of families and other families, and then crews that were families by heart, if not by name. Her mindset was distinctly built upon two spheres: mine and theirs, and she'd been around to see Nikita and Akantha enough times that she'd start to think of rest of Sapient as some extended family the way she thought of Krokar as her own.

Were her nose any better, she might have recognized the scent and categorized thus, but with sight to go by she had nothing. The girl that came to her now didn't look like anyone she knew, not one of Nivosus' many children, or a sibling of the Irish clan or a mother or cousin. Her dyed hair made a world of difference in her eyes.

If anything, there was something distinctly coyote-ish about her. Semini had no natural prejudice against the breed, but since the incident with Basilio and Taseko, and to some extent with Marlowe, her heart had grown mossy in places it once ran clean.

Her gaze wasn't warm as it might have been, but the girl wouldn't know the difference having never met her before. Shadows moved across her face as a flock of gulls passed above them, crying out and wheeling in the gusts.

Feeling a bit contrarian, and not quite liking the girl's confrontational posture, the Krokaran didn't answer right away. Guess. she then said, and made a hinting motion at her tied ears. If she had left her ears unraveled and painted her hair the way the girl before her did, she might have been a twin of her sister.

San
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:10 pm

+300

Sybil had taken note of the woman's look after she had gained her attention. While there was a hint of welcoming in her face, it was not like most. She couldn't really say she blamed her. The light girl would have likely given the same face to anyone she did not recognize either, this woman included.

Silence had claimed the two of them before the woman spoke, but only uttered a single word. The blue woman wanted the coyote to guess who she was. Sybil couldn't help but narrow her eyes for a moment before giving the woman another good look. Blue eyes followed her hand as she pointed out her tied up ears. Well, if they weren't up like that, they would have been long, making her only think of one other person within Sapient. She gave a flick of her tail before speaking, Well, if I have to guess, I would say you are someone related to Akantha. She's the only other one with those long ears.

Since this woman seemed to be in the mood of playing games with her, it seemed only fair that she would be allowed to give the same treatment in return. There was another flick of her tail before she formed a small grin on her face, Your turn. Guess who I am.

The girl moved her hands from across her arms to her hips. If she was going to guess, it would be best to show off her entire body. There were plenty of hints to point towards who she was related to, but it was a matter of this woman trying to figure it out. The blue one had given her a hint, so now it was her turn. Eyes turned up in thought before she moved one hand from her hip, tracing along some of her face and chest markings. That should have been good enough. If nothing else, perhaps the star on her hip might also have been some indication.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:28 pm

000 sem u dirty

She made a gesture with her hands. You got it. She's my sister.

Unexpectedly, the girl called on her to do the same. This elicited a smile from her, and the thoughts of how she might have misjudged the girl warmed against her mind. She allowed Sybil to guide her attention to the clues, the way she had just done for her, but she did not recognize the chaos star or its meaning. Though Semini had been in the land for some time, the families, the history, the bloodshed, all of these connections were vague unknowns to her. She could hardly fathom the worry in Marlowe all those months ago because of it.

In truth, it was Sybil's eyes that gave her away. Semini wouldn't mention exactly how she recognized them so well. That wasn't a story any daughter wanted to hear of their parent, even of a scoundrel like Nivosus for whom such behavior was expected.

I suppose you are one of Niv's children, she said, returning a slightly devious smile that hinted at a little more than just playful fun. Though you are quite young. She gave her another once over. I don't recognize that marking. What is it? She said, motioning at the star on her thigh.

San
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:53 pm

+300

It seemed that as their little game continued, the blue woman seemed to gain a better mood than the one she had when Sybil first came upon her. At least it was nice to see her relaxing. She would have found this too annoying if she had stayed in her previous mood.

The woman confirmed Sybil's guess. She was Akantha's sister. So that was part of who she was, but didn't seem to offer up a name. If that was how this was going to go, then the coyote girl could do just the same. She kept herself silent as the two of them continued, letting the other woman have some time to think before she made her guess. It really shouldn't take her too long. There were plenty of hints to point her towards Nivosus. It was just a matter of waiting for everything to click into the blue woman's mind.

And there it was. She finally got it. A devious grin formed across the light girl's muzzle as she nodded, You got it right on the dot. This was quite amusing so far. Sybil wondered how much more interesting it would be with this female around. Whatever her reason was for coming here, Sybil was glad she was the one to find her.

Blue eyes trailed down to the star that rested along the girl's hip. Her face couldn't help but light up on pride. She may not have been as close to her mother as she was to her father, but she held her family's symbol proudly. Fingers brushed gently across the center, trailing along to one of the points, It's called the 'Chaos Star'. It's the symbol of my mother's family. Just about everyone in her family has this star somewhere on them. Not everyone, but pretty close to everyone.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Sybil's confirmation only made her smile grow larger, pearly and bright; a smile fitting for a barracuda. Nivosus had named her that once upon a time, and she'd called him a wallflower in turn, back when it was charming to do so, only to later find out that he was nothing of the sort. She supposed they both turned out to be different than the people that had come together so many moons ago, and a part of her wondered if that made it more dream now than reality. They had nothing to show for it except a unique catalogue of insults.

This suited her just fine. She felt past all of that, well enough that the progeny of his escapades could be a source of genuine interest to her instead of something to resent. Whatever arrangement Nivosus and Constantine had, she supposed, allowed for all kinds of things beyond her understanding, and she could accept this now in a way her younger self could not.

It helped to have moved on in other ways too, as only the ocean could.

Chaos star? Her head gave a doggish tilt. As the girl went on to explain its purpose, Semini's face brightened. Oh! I think I understand. My family's banner is the amaranth flower, Her brows creased together, Though I don't think I've ever seen any growing here. She shook her head as if to banish the thought.

Who is your mother? Is she a member of Sapient? She then clapped her hands together and laughed, Wait! Let me guess. She thought a moment, and then said, But give me another hint.

San
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:31 pm

+200

Sybil couldn't help but tilt her head along with the blue woman. What was so hard to understand about her star? Apparently not that much. The connection finally clicked into her head. Banner and symbol seemed to be a close enough similarity, though she wasn't sure of the flower that the blue woman spoke about. The coyote girl was not specialized in flowers, nor did she really care too much about plants. Animals were her speciality, and even then it was limited. Sybil just gave the blue woman a nod to her comparison, nothing more.

Semini then posed another challenge, letting her guess who her mother was. Well she was already wrong when she asked if her mother was in Sapient. She wondered if she might know who Snapdragon was, probably not. Still, if she wanted to guess, then it would be easier to start her off with something simple. The grin along her muzzle grew as she gave another flick of her tail, Hmm.. alright, but let me stop you right there. My mother is not from Sapient. I am going to give you a hint, but you have to guess which pack my mother is from. It really shouldn't be too hard. There was one glaring hint to show that.

Sybil stepped closer to the blue woman, settling at her side as she almost posed for the Krokar woman, Take a good look. It shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

Sybil Moineau

Salena
Luperci

Dead Topics