The flames of glory

For Kohaku

POSTED: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:06 pm

OOC - +300 words.

There wasn't much time for the two D'Angelo siblings to relax and spend time away from their faith. Tak was forever hungry, and would never stop coming for the two of them. If they were going to keep their lord at bay, then it was time for them to send him something to state his hunger. Horror was in charge of setting up everything while Haunt was in charge of bringing home the sacrifice. Given their track of finding live black wolves to burn, it was probably just better for the two of them to just send him a live animal. Haunt would have no problems dragging the animal back home for them to use. Nothing could overcome her bulky stature if they wanted the hope of living before getting to the flames.

Having to share the area with three packs didn't make things easy for the two siblings. There would be plenty of competition for prey in the surrounding areas, especially for the bigger prey; although, given that the two of them prefered to do their burning at night, it made hunting much easier. The screams probably didn't do much for those that could hear it, not that the two of them cared any.

The black and white woman passed along Anathema's borders, having sniffed out something, hunted it down, and began dragging it back home by the neck. Her teeth clamped lightly around it, not wanting to end up killing it before she brought it back up the mountain. A huff passed through her lips, secui form pressing on along the ground and towards the base of the mountain. She didn't want to keep Horror waiting too long. Her ears turned as she moved along, making sure that she was alone as she continued. No one was going to be taking this away from her.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Patrolling was meaningless really. They had returned to the old lands and some of the former wall was intact. Others patrolled as well. One more wolf walking the endless circle around the lands was unnecessary at best. Fruitless. Ridiculous. Even if it was his job. Heck, Kohaku had skipped so many nights that he had a hard time remembering the last time he had actually pothered to patrol. Much less during his assigned time. He was supposed to patrol from sundown into late in the night. Recently, he hadn't even bothered to try and keep to that prearranged schedule. Kohaku really only patrolled when he felt like it. That included time of day.

So there he was, trudging along the path in his lupus form. His head bobbed as his body swayed. Kohaku didn't bother to mark anything. Heck, he barely looked at the boarder. Really, his patrol was more of a leisurely walk than anything else. A walk that was interrupted by the scent of an unknown. Kohaku's head swiveled lazily. Female. Loner. He stopped and stared in the direction of where the scent was coming from. He didn't have to go. He could just continue and pretend that he had never noticed.

Well, he was bored anyways. Kohaku turned and broke out into a brisk trot, aiming for the nearest hole in the fence. The section had fallen outwards, just barely avoiding hitting the ground by the bonds that kept it tied to the rest of the line. Kohaku ran up the fallen beams, leaping off the end as they creaked under his weight. He landed on the other side of the boarder with ease and began to follow the scent trail. It didn't take him long to catch up. Just before him was a black and white secui female. She was naturally larger than he was because of the different in their forms. Kohaku's smile turned coy and he sped up to pull along side of her. He glanced at the animal that hung from her jaws and did a double take. It was alive? Weird. "Interesting way to move prey. I promise I won't tell the my leaders that you took prey from our lands if you tell me why you haven't killed it yet." His threat was mild, more teasing than serious. In reality, he had no idea if she caught it on Anatheman territory. Although, that wouldn't exactly stop him from spewing he lie if he felt more inclined to stir up trouble.
Kohaku is dead. I am accepting no more threads for him, but I will finish current ones.
Avatar by Shade, signature by Laura.
Anathema
DEAD
Ariel
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:35 pm

OOC - +300 words.

Haunt paused as she caught the scent of Anathema once again. She was coming back along their borders, though she was not worried about crossing paths with anyone from there. She could handle anyone that came by, and she was not trespassing, so there should be no problem to begin with. That, of course, didn't stop someone from the pack noticing her. Green eyes met with the lupus man before she turned her head back forward. She had no reason to pay attention to him and was eager to get back home before her prey decided to try something desperate to get away.

As the black and white woman continued on, she felt something along her side. Eyes turned over to notice the same male that she noticed along Anathema's borders. He teased at her, mentioning that if she explained why she hadn't killed her prey, he wouldn't tell anyone that it was stolen from Anathema lands, not that it was to begin with. Her eyes narrowed, not wanting to stop and explain to some male she didn't even know. If he really wanted to find out, he was going to have to come with her the entire way and wait until her mouth was free.

Climbing up along the mountain face was no easy task. It never was when Haunt was bringing something back home. As they neared the top, Horror came to meet them. He helped his sister with the prey, making sure that it was secure for when they would need it. Both green and orange eyes then locked on the male that had followed her hear. The red stained man gave a small tilt of his head, "Who did you drag home with you sister?" Haunt gave an annoyed flick of her tail, "Someone from nearby. He thought I was stealing from his territory when I wasn't."

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:50 pm

She ignored him. She actually ignored him. Kohaku, stopped dropped lipped and watched her rear bounce ahead of him. He gave a frustrated snort and sprinted forward. Once again, he pulled alongside her and together they traveled in silence. And what a travel partner she was. Dead silent. Boring. The only thing he had to look forward too was the revelation at the end of the mystery.

Their trail took them into the mountains and deeper into the neutral territories. By the time they reached the peak he had fallen into a tranquil rhythm. One that remained even when they entered into a camp. Kohaku looked around with emerald eyed curiosity until he felt a prickle run down his back. Sure enough, both loners were staring at him. Kohaku tipped his head and gave them a wag. Until they began to speak to each other instead of directly addressing him. Kohaku narrowed his gaze and snorted.

"Threatened and believed are two different things." He jabbed. "But I don't mind playing nice if I'm entertained." Kohaku added with a smirk. He looked to the bound prey. "And it doesn't look like I'll be disappointed. At least I hope not. So just what are you two up too. Strange way to hunt if you ask me." Kohaku spoke without even a shred of worry or fear. They could be psychopathic murders for all he knew. Although, calling them that would make him the pot to their kettle. They could both easily be black. He certainly was. That, and if they tried anything he could certainly do enough damage to make them regret tackling him. Kohaku might not win, but he could make sure they didn't either.
Kohaku is dead. I am accepting no more threads for him, but I will finish current ones.
Anathema
DEAD
Ariel
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:44 am

OOC - +300 words.

It was a bit of a long trip, but thankfully a silent one as well. Haunt had little patience for those who bothered her with constant talking. As long as he was willing to put up with this until they reached the siblings camp, then there would be no problems. The black and white woman would give a flick of her tail as she climbed, careful to make sure that her prey didn't get away, but also so that her teeth didn't sink in too far. All of this would be for nothing if it died before reaching the flames.

Green and orange eyes lingered on the lighter male as he spoke, explaining that as long as he was entertained, then there would be no problems from him. His question seemed to spark more interest in the darker sibling than it did the bulky one. Horror was always one to share the teachings of Khalif. It was his duty as a devout to Tak to spread the word about him, sending him more food to the flames. Haunt moved to finish preparation while Horror stepped towards the strange male. He wore a cruel smile on his face as his stained hands gestured towards the fire pit, "We hunt for live prey to send to our lord Tak. Tak is the ruler of the night and devours anything, even us wolves. We must send him offerings to keep his hunger at bay."

The bear woman laid more wood in the pit, setting one up straight for their victim. Their fire couldn't be lit until it was in place. Secui sister sat back, tail pounding against the ground as she waited. Horror soon stepped closer to his sister, continuing on about his lord, "Tak will only accept offerings that are alive. We must send them to him with fire." He gestured for Haunt to bring the animal over. Haunt's paws carried her back over to the prey, dragging it to their pit and binding it. It's time was near.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Sun May 01, 2016 8:15 pm

The dark male stepped forward as his eyes followed the female's path. Kohaku's gaze lingered on her. Watching her preparation. Sudden movement in his periphery snapped Kohaku's head back to the male who's wicked smile invited him down the rabbit hole. Kohaku could feel his own lips turn up to mirror his new companion's expression.

So they were religious. Zealots. Their teachings brought about pain and suffering to those around them as they offered up sacrifices to their chosen deity. Kohaku felt a chill run down his spine and a thrill run up his tail as it swayed gaily behind him. His mind traveled to his own chosen god. Or rather, chosen demon. The lord of darkness, corrupter of the innocent, and incarnate of pure evil: Satan. That was about all Kohaku knew about the deity he professed to worship. In reality, it was just the sound of Satan that Kohaku liked. His shows of faith were... lacking. Practically absent save for the occasional stray thought or wish. Tak sounded kind of like Satan. Maybe they were brothers? Or just a different name for the same creature. Either way, burning things alive sounded like a great time.

"Now that, sounds fun. Hope you don't mind if I join in on the ah... worship. Just give me a moment to prepare." Kohaku stepped away from them and flexed his toes. With a grunt, his joints began to pop. Limbs elongated in sickening spurts. Kohaku's body shuddered while his limbs elongated and warped. It took several minutes, but Kohaku's earthbound body shifted into his bipedal optime form. His tongue rolled out as he panted briefly from the effort. Turning, he returned to the camp and clapped his hands together. "So, now that I can offer you a hand, where do we start?"
Anathema
DEAD
Ariel
Luperci

POSTED: Wed May 04, 2016 10:02 am

OOC - +300 words.

The mixed colored male was clearly ignorant of their religious beliefs, but what would he know about the teachings of Khalif? D'Angelo's were the only ones versed in their ways, unless the decided to spread the word of their gods, something Horror was always eager to do when it came to those interested in Tak. Haunt's eyes drifted over to her brother, watching him with a careful eye. She could see this interest rising in him, and knew he would get a little carried away. That was fine, he could deal with the lighter male that was apparently going to join them.

While the black and white woman turned back to her work, the red stained man stepped forward, watching the light male change his form. He gestured over to his built for the fire, "You can help me finish preparing for the fire. Best to leave my sister alone to tend with our sacrifice until we are ready for it." His gaze turned up towards the sky, watching it change in light, "Tak will be here soon, then we can begin." Haunt's own eyes turned up to the sky, though only briefly before she got back to work.

Horror carried himself over to a post jutting out from the arrangement of sticks and kindling. It was obvious what this was for. His head turned back towards the other male, "Since you are going to be worshiping with us, I think it's only fair you give us your name, and tell us what gained your interest in our lord. It's not often we get those who wish to conduct in matters like this." Then again, there were some from Khalif who were not even as numb to it all as they were. No one was safe from the blighted siblings' faith, not even family.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Fri May 13, 2016 6:50 pm

OOC: Sorry for the short post. Shall we try to get this wrapped up in a few more posts?

Kohaku nodded as he was directed towards fire preparation. He even nodded when he mentioned that Tak, whoever that was, would arrive soon. Not that he really got it. Why would a god run on a schedule? How did they even know the schedule?

Kohaku made his way towards the post and began to help build the base for the flames. He took a care to try and not build too high so that there would be plenty of room for their tiny victim. Although his work wasn't exactly pleasing to look at, it would at least work for their purposes. On more than one occasion, his gaze glanced towards the female, curiosity getting the better of him. He understood almost none of what they were doing, but it seemed like it would be a fun riot at the very least.

The male continued their conversation while he worked. "Kohaku Amarok," he replied almost immediately. He had zero issue telling them his name. After all, what did an experienced warrior and prince need to worry about? Nothing. Although, he had to admit, the second question stumped him a bit. If he were to answer honestly, nothing. He didn't dedicate a single thought or care to the worship of their deities. Heck, he barely cared about his own. Of course, he doubted that his new friends would be happy to hear that. "It's hard to say. I felt drawn your lord," his silver tongue sang. "What about the two of you? What's your names?" Kohaku tossed another branch onto the pile and his gaze turned towards the male with an easy smile lurking on his face.
Anathema
DEAD
Ariel
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 19, 2016 1:04 am

OOC - Yeah we can go ahead and start wrapping this up. I tried to move it ahead a bit, feel free to do the same. +400 words.

Haunt didn't pay the stranger too much mind while he worked with her brother. She was better off keeping to herself, especially when it came to her own thoughts on the lighter male. Orange eyes lingered on him, watching him as he worked with the pole and the wood at its base. A cruel smile creased over Horror's face, stating that his name was Kohaku. Certainly an interesting name, but the siblings had something much better. With their work down, all that was left was waiting for the land to be engulfed in Tak's darkness. He could see there was some confusion in Kohaku's look regarding having to take part in this ritual at a certain time, but in the red stained man's mind, he would soon see for himself why this was to be.

Conversation took over once again, this time the lighter male asking for their own names. Seeing as his sister was in no mood to participate, the brother introduced her himself, "I am Horror D'Angelo, and this is my sister Haunt." There was no need to repeat their surname twice. The two of them sometimes wondered why they bothered to even use it. Their own family, at least besides Bane, didn't care for them. What was the point in showing the care that was never given to them? It would hold however, for now.

Night soon swept across the mountain. The black and white woman soon stepped forward from her seclusion, dragging the bound animal over to the post. She carefully tied it to the post, soon backing away as she watching it trash helplessly. Her paws carried her next to her brother before stepping forward, stretching his hands up towards the sky. His voice carried around them, offering his prayers up to the black lord.

Once his words ended, the male moved to the side. It was time for the flames to send up their sacrifice. Horror lit two pieces, offering one over to Kohaku. Haunt couldn't help but flash a glare over to her brother. She would rather them keep their offerings between them. He was just here to watch. The red stained man held his piece over the collection of wood, "Let Tak hear your prayers, then we will send him our offering. Something this size is sure to keep his hunger at bay for a fair amount of time." Not that it would stop them of course, but for the male's own knowledge when it came his own time to do the same.

Haunt D'Angelo

Salena

Nightmares are Real

POSTED: Wed May 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Kohaku snorted. Horror and Haunt? That was more than a bit mellow dramatic. Then again, he also knew a kid named Lust and his own daughter was named Famine. Not that he was the one who named them. Nor would he ever want to.

With the introductions out of the way and their preparation complete, it was time to start the ceremony. Or sacrifice. Or whatever they were doing. Kohaku didn't really care what it was supposed to be, something was going to burn and that was good enough for him. Kohaku stood back and watched the helpless creature with a maniacal grin. His tail swished back and forth slowly in lazy amusement.

Horror offered a quick prayer and set two sticks alight. Their flames danced and Kohaku's emerald gaze lingered on them as the ashen scent of fire drifted towards him. He silently accepted the offered with a nod and followed Horror's lead while studiously ignoring the glare that Haunt shot to her brother. Eat up, all mighty Tak. Kohaku said softly as he swallowed his giggles. He still had no idea what burning a tiny critter would do to keep a deity at bay, or why one needed to be satisfied to begin with. Plus, from the sounds of it, this was something that they did often. Or at least, often enough to keep their god happy. It certainly made Kohaku happy, but for a different reason.

He touched his makeshift torch to the wood and watched at the fire crept from his stick to the pyre. Kohaku could feel the heat rise, warming the fur on his arm as it danced. Sparks skipped high into the air before dissipating into the gloom. Kohaku stepped back to enjoy the show and made a quick, silent half-prayer to Satan just for the sake of it.
Anathema
DEAD
Ariel
Luperci

Dead Topics