The dim light of hope...

CDC Leaders, AW leaders

POSTED: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:21 pm

The number of these never-ending, forbidden bullet wounds

Fear had never really been an emotion the golden she demon felt. Fear typically turned into rage when it came down to it what ever caused her fear had to be destroyed. She huffed as she pulled on the fur lined cover. She was doing this as alone as possible. The only other she brought with her was Gideon and that was to be safe.

She made her way from Anathema glancing at Gideon for but a moment as they fully entered unclaimed lands. From this moment forward she was a target. Three crows flew high scanning ahead and she and Gideon made their way through the land. Both were silent, there was nothing to say anyhow. Both knew that something had to be down, both knew what was to come. She clenched a fist and tried to focus. She didn't think she'd see her own children create chaos and be giving them up for the slaughter.

She stopped watching the crows settle into the trees. She looked to Gideon as he nodded. She titled her head back a sang. If they all could just talk things could get better. The greying woman leaned herself against a tree and waited. She had made her announcement that she was here and if they were on their way they would have heard her. She could only at this point hope that in the least they would hear her out before slitting her throat. Gideon stood watching ears flicking as he kept on his toes. Though the aging male knew he couldn't take on an army and nothing was to say neither pack wouldn't bring its best warriors.

OOC text here!

Everyone started out a little insane But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game
Anathema
DEAD
Marie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2012 Champion! Matchmaker: Still a Better Love Story than Twilight with Sky!
Womanizer
Twisted Mistress

POSTED: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:44 pm

It was a small band of Cavaliers that stepped onto neutral land. All were horsed, all were armed, and all wore striking violet cloaks. Alistair and Luca were first, each astride their shining warhorses, Merlin and Ulrich respectively. The black gelding and red stallion with their contrasting hues kept pace with one another, their riders silent, for the most part. Behind them rode the brothers Jonas and Isaac Coblentz on the docile stallion Buckeye and gentle paint mare Tupelo. Though neither dog could claim knighthood, both were long term members of CdC and loyal to a fault. Though he'd been sorely tempted to bring their knight's the Sole swallowed the urge. If Anathema wanted peace, they wouldn't bring an army. And if it was talk that Aeron was after there was little his knights could do to contribute. Jonas and Isaac would just have to do. In the least they could bring a trustworthy account of events back to CdC.

Wolfdogs and mutts perked their ears as the Angela called out to them. And as they neared the meeting place each rider reigned in their horses, bringing the pace slower and slower as they grew closer. It was Jonas that spotted the pair first. He pulled up alonside Alistair to point them out. The Sole looked to the large male, first- no doubt a bodyguard of some sort. He didn't blame her. In her situation he'd want a little extra muscle around, too.

"I have to admit, Aeron, this is a surprise." Said the Sole as he drew Merlin to a stop before her. The Angela was looking her age with the smattering of silver hairs in her golden pelt. She looked thin to him now, almost wraith-like. He supposed anyone would once they saw with their own eyes what a mess their pack had become.

The Sole did not dismount, he sat high in the saddle looking down on the Angela and his eyes for once were unkind. "Tell me you're not here to waste our time." As he spoke Isaac pulled up alongside him as Jonas did the same with Luca. The baker looked as stern as ever and wore a severe frown. Even Isaac appeared solemn for the occasion and he was generally the more light-hearted of the two. They all watched the pair from Anathema with distrust shining in their eyes.

CdC's pNPC brother's Isaac and Jonas Coblentz are in attendance, accompanying Alistair and Luca. + words

Last edited by Alistair Callow on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alistair Callow

Stormie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ! have you ever licked a lamppost in winter...?
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:59 pm

His father had made it painfully and unequivocally clear that AniWaya would not be holding relations with Anathema in any fashion. He was, however, a prudent man and while he was curious to know why Anathema had contacted them, it would be under the guise of gathering intelligence and not under any form of diplomacy. So when Claudius responded to the crow bearing Anathema’s news, he flippantly remarked that Laurentin was welcome to practice his skills as a scout, but by no means, expected any good to come of the meeting. His father was still fuming over the attack on New Dawn, and with good reason, from what Laurentin had heard. He felt awful knowing Marsali had been driven from her home for no real reason. It seemed as though the Anatheman pack was at least a little unhinged. For that reason, Laurentin saw it prudent to bring someone with him and had recruited Payne to accompany him. Aside from Fenrir, she had held a warrior rank for the longest, so he was comfortable asking her to tag along. However, Laurentin was loathe to show up with too many forces because that would suggest they feared Anathema. They could not appear so weak.

Laurentin took Ash as his steed and Payne used Claudius’ favoured mount, Raja. They arrived in the neutral territories and took some time scouting the area. It was easy to spot the Casa di Cavalieri cavalcade, outfitted with their weapons and the like. Laurentin and Payne both carried their own bow and arrows, but Payne also had a spear with her. From what Laurentin understood, Payne was highly skilled in both horsemanship (horsewomanship?) and archery, so he was happy to have her with him.

He motioned to her to keep quiet as they advanced on the meeting group. They hung back for a few moments, listening as one of the delegates from Casa di Cavalieri spoke. Claudius had provided him with some information on the pack’s leadership, but Laurentin didn’t see a hulking black wolf anywhere, so he suspected the information was out of date. He was embarrassed that the tribe was so out of touch.

They advanced to see the four from Casa di Cavalieri astride horses, like them, and the leader of the group was not kind with his words. Laurentin felt his lips twitch into a wry smile, but said nothing. He was not here on diplomatic means, as AniWaya had cut off ties with Anathema. He would merely observe.

POSTED: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:29 pm

The note had come as a surprise to both leaders, particularly the Lune who had not expected the Sole to come knocking on his door with the news. The small band of Cavaliers had left to meet Aeron ready for a fight if she turned on them. Everyone in Casa knew that you could only trust an Anathema member as far as you could throw them, and the old leader was no different in Luca’s mind. Although Aeron has stepped down before the young Knight could know her has a leader he recognized he name from Jazper’s later days as Sole and the two Cavalier leaders had readily decided her presence made no difference given the circumstances. Still, Anathema had to pay somehow and if the old Anathemian mother was going to provide it for them, who were they to turn her away.

Trekking through the early spring mud was not a pleasant task and it was done silently atop horses. With quiet anger and pride Luca keep stride with his partner. Although the two leaders had not always seen eye to eye both were more jaded that their coal coated predecessor and they knew they were united in wanted justice for their fallen allies, whose lives had been thieved away in the night without empathy. Luca had been surprised that they did not take the Brotherhood with them, but despite the brother’s lack of rank they were long time members who knew more about Casa and Anathema’s past than Luca had, having been part of the historic March on Anathema shortly before his time in Freetown.

A call rang out for them and his brown tipped ears twitched towards the source. The groups stride slowed as the neared the meeting area and Jonas pulled ahead to point out two canines waiting for them. As they moved forward Luca looked to Alistair, keen to take his cues. Obviously the Lune would do the talking, considering Luca had been a newly shifted yearly the last time Aeron had led. As Alistair pulled to a halt, Luca recovered Ulrich to stand just short of Merlin’s shoulders, taking in the two strangers. Movement caught the Lune’s attention as two more horses quietly snuck into the meeting, their riders smelling thickly of Aniwaya. Golden eyes flickered to the new arrivals then pack to the Angela. As far as he was concerned Aniwaya was only here to observe but he knew of their friendly relations with the murderous pack and that concerned him.

OOC: 400+ words

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

POSTED: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 pm

The number of these never-ending, forbidden bullet wounds

Aeron didn't wait very long for members from the other packs to start arriving. She could sense Gideon's worry as he didn't move from his spot in front of her. Aniwaya had sent two members both carried bows and Casa had brought four members with them. She didn't care one way or another what happened here today they could shoot her down but all of Anathema would be up in arms, or they could work with her and some form of peace could be found. That was how the day would go but she knew well enough that it was all depending on her.

She waited for someone to speak, that someone Alistair. She smiled, "trust me this isn't what I expected either" she spoke her tone held annoyance but it was not at him. He mentioned wasting time. She pushed off the tree and pushed past Gideon who reached to stop her. She flicked her hand at him. "You should know well enough I hate wasting time." She stated taking the dagger off her hip and dropping it on the ground.

"You want those who attacked New Dawn brought to justice. I want those in Anathema who are innocent left alone." She spoke. "I came with no one but him I lay my weapon before you and hope you'll listen to someone who had no part in this act of insanity." She added hands at her side open to show she had nothing. She wasn't playing with him or anyone else. "I have assumed the rank of leader again. Placed all who initiated the attack into the lowest rank for treason. I'm offering them to you. Kohaku was out for blood wanted to kill his mother. He convinced everyone New Dawn was to blame for my missing child. Kentaro was foolish and listened, his sister joined in the game to help Kohaku with his goal." She added. "By giving them to you the only thing I ask is that you ignore we exist. While I reclaim the peace we had prior. Our members will be ordered to stay away from Casa. We don't bother you you don't bother us." Her tone matter of fact. Golden eyes watching them.

OOC text here!

Everyone started out a little insane But we learn pretty quick how to fake it for the game
Anathema
DEAD
Marie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2012 Champion! Matchmaker: Still a Better Love Story than Twilight with Sky!
Womanizer
Twisted Mistress

POSTED: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:32 pm

The silvered woman came forward and drew her blade. Alistair tensed, if only for a moment. He watched as the dagger fell to the ground. It was a good first step and he admired her courage, but it wouldn't sway him. He remained seated in the saddle still armed though it was intended as more of a threat than a promise of attack. He didn't possess the disposition for needless violence, he wasn't one of her misfits. "I should hope so." The king replied coolly. His gelding tossed his dark head.

Aeron made her intentions clear moments later to which Alistair muttered "aren't we optimistic," looking to Luca as he said this. His lips pulled up at a corner as it it were some private joke.

True to her words she continued by offering them her terms. Alistair listened patiently, waiting for her to finish before he spoke. "Then why am I not speaking to Kentaro instead? He led the attack, right? Shouldn't he be the one to try," he emphasized, "to make amends. Not that it would work..." He shrugged dismissively.

He thought on her offer, however. "And what are we to do with them?" He asked this but could already think of several things he wanted to do. "We'll take them, of course- there's no question about that." They needed to face justice for what they had done and he was well equipped to give it to them.

When she asked them to leave her pack be, to ignore their existence Alistair exchanged a glance with his pack-mate's, then leaned forward in his saddle once he had done so. "I've said this to Kentaro and I'll say this to you: if we catch any of your members near our borders, even the faintest whiff we will attack and they may not survive the encounter."

"Lives were lost, Aeron, nothing can change that. You can't expect us to agree to a peace when so many of our members were affected by this massacre. Some still bear the scars." He reminded her, his gaze was unyielding. He was surprised the delegates from AniWaya had remained quiet this whole time and looked to them to see if they had anything to add, though it wasn't Claudius his eyes spied.

+ words

Alistair Callow

Stormie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ! have you ever licked a lamppost in winter...?
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Laurentin could feel the weight of the Anatheman woman's words, but he knew it would not be enough. AniWaya was home to a few of New Dawn's members who had survived the attack by Anathema. There was no way that some promise of vengeance would heal their wounds any time soon. And besides, if Casa di Cavalieri wanted the instigators of the attack, they could take them; Claudius had made it very clear that they were not to take prisoners or inflict any more bloodshed. Based on what his father had told him of AniWaya's war with Crimson Dreams, he would not be interested in taking any prisoners or harming anyone else. Laurentin didn't think he blamed him, even if it was mostly because he didn't have the stomach for such violence.

Personally, Laurentin didn't care too much if this woman was once and now again the leader of Anathema. Not at this point. Perhaps she could sway her pack to keep their murdering hands to themselves, but that remained to be seen. And that was the crux of AniWaya's position on this topic: until Anathema could demonstrate that they could be trusted, AniWaya would have nothing to do with them. Not officially, at least.

Once the leader of Anathema finished, one of the emissaries from Casa di Cavalieri spoke up. Laurentin felt the weight of his eyes on him, so he turned to address, the wolf directly.

"AniWaya has cut off all ties with Anathema. I am here to observe and report back only. Anathema members are not welcome anywhere near AniWaya," he said, his voice quiet. He hoped this would explain his presence and his silence, for even coming here was of his own prerogative. As a scout, he felt it was his duty to know was Anathema was planning and he couldn't very well hide in the shadows for this.

Dead Topics