Metamorphosis

Tea

POSTED: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:35 pm

This is pretty long, you can probably skip most of it except the last paragraph or two. Dated the 28th. [1182]

Last night had almost literally been a scene out of Indi’s nightmares. No matter how well the event had actually gone, being forced to sit down and actually talk to her parents about all the stuff going through her head had been intensely uncomfortable and humiliating for Indi; whatever weird broken mental block let her actually talk to Tea about that sort of thing without fear of being judged didn’t extend to her parents; not that Indi actually thought her parents would ever treat her badly because of something she had told them. Unfortunately irrational fears were just that, irrational. No matter how much Indi told herself that she should be able to talk to her parents as freely as she did Tea, she still clammed up when it came to it, except through great effort or unless the issue was forced.

That said, as much as she had disliked the experience, Indi found her sleep oddly settled that night, almost as though a weight had been lifted from her shoulders. If not soundly – for dreams still settled her sleep – then Indi at least slept happily. Rather than her typical dreams, running after a family whose two long legs steadily took them farther and farther away from her small form, that night she dreamed of herself as an Optime; running and playing with Tea, happy.

The first thing she noticed when she awoke was the annoying sun burning through her eyelids, dragging her from her slumber much earlier than the slothful youth’s body clock would normally wake her. Indi was definitely not a morning person; her ideal routine would have had her sleeping until almost midday, and staying up into the night far past the high of the moon. To this end she tended to sleep tightly wrapped up in a blanket, hiding her eyes away from the pesky light until she was actually ready to wake, or until something more important – like Tea – did the job for it. As such, being awoken by the sun was unusual. Indeed, when Indi cracked an eye open she found that she had somehow wormed her way out of her blankets, putting her in had her back aching and places her staring straight out the window and into the rising sun. Grumbling to herself, Indi rose a hand to block out the light and screwed her eyes shut again.

It took her a moment to realise what she had just done, but when she did Indi first froze with shock, and then her eyes flew open. Wide with shock and disbelief Indi’s eyes focused hard, exploring every detail of the hand that was reflexively blocking the sun.

Heart racing in her chest Indi shot up, hardly caring when she tumbled from her bed to the floor trying to extricate herself from the tangle of limbs and blankets that had formed when she had shifted! Shifted! She felt a noise halfway between an exuberant whoop and a nervous laugh at the thought that after weeks of stress and worry and even fighting with her sister from the former, she had shifted in her sleep. Indi suddenly found herself whishing that she had learned more curse words so that she could properly express herself at the moment. Both sounds died on her lips though when she caught sight of Tea sleeping peacefully across the room, and for some reason the need to keep quiet and keep her asleep was vitally important to Indi’s dazed mind, and she had the uncontrollable urge to be outside.

Luckily, the odd sleep pattern created by Indi’s love of naps and frequently disturbed sleep meant that she had plenty of practice creeping around sleeping family members. She hesitate for a moment before she took her first step, glancing down uncertainly at the alien limb, but when she tried to move the Optime leg responded as though she had been walking on them her entire life. Not quite as practised or stealthy as she was used to – none of Lyris’s lessons on shifting and holding her bodyweight and moving as a hunter seemed to process well to her new form – but perfectly serviceable for walking quietly across the floor. She twitched and fidgeted as she made her way quietly across the room, almost as though impatient at her own pace.

Across the way she marvelled at, well, everything really. Shelves that had previously been not only out of reach but so high they were out of sight were hers to browse. The ceiling that had once seemed to impossibly far away was now dangerously close. Giddily she made her way out of the house, practically skipping – and almost falling over her own feet as she truly began to test her coordination in this new form – as she hit the outside. Somehow everything felt so vivid, whether it was an actual change or just her overexcited mind playing tricks on her everything felt and smelled fresh, and Indi could practically feel the wind ruffling her new, shorter, finer fur. Her head felt unusually heavy, swishing when she walked, and she slowly reached up her hands to find a thick, matted mass now attacked to the back of it. She brought her hands forwards and crowed in delight when silky strands followed them, coloured a bright copper that seemed to glimmer when it caught the light of the rising sun.

Finally she would contain herself no longer and she let out a loud whoop, leaping into the air. Her excitement quickly began to snowball until she couldn’t take it anymore and she began to run, clumsily at first but quickly dropping into long, loping strides as legs that felt unnaturally long began to fall into rhythm. She ringed Casa twice before she had burned off enough excited energy to slow down. Not quite as fast as she was in Lupus form, some part of her mind noted, but the sheer novelty of running in Optime form was so awesome that she couldn’t bring herself to care!

It was as she passed by the river for the second time, now able to gaze over the waters at the thick tangle of undergrowth where she had been born, that her thoughts drifted back to Tea. Now that she had burned off enough of her energy to actually think the thought of Tea quickly crowded her mind like a swarm of buzzing bees and she raced back to the house.

Indi just managed to slow herself down enough to enter the house again quietly, a mischievous grin plastered across her face as she crept across the room. When she had gotten as close to Teas bed as she thought she could get Indi stopped. She gave her sleeping sister one last fond look, cackled quietly, took a deep breath, and then let out the loudest shriek that she could and promptly threw herself atop Tea’s bed.

POSTED: Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:55 pm

(+556)
Sorry for the wait! Didn’t expect all the meteor stuff to pop up! Also, let me know if I need to change anything! Slight PP at the end with all the huggin’ and stuff xD

It was unusual for Teagan to sleep in. Ever since her mother had woken her at the crack of dawn for her first riding lesson, the Stryder child had learned that, if she woke up early, she could spend extra time with the horses and falcons before she had to do her training lessons with Sylvie. It had become a ritual for the cream-coated girl, so, to find her still in bed after the sun had risen either indicated something was wrong or a previous day of hard work.

In this case, it had been the latter. They—her parents and Indi—had been deep into a discussion when she had gotten home from training. After a bit of eavesdropping, Teagan had quickly backed out of the house to find something else for entertainment for the rest of the evening. It was a subject matter that worried the Lotta too, but, she knew better than to try and barge into the conversation between the adults and her sister. Whatever they had to say to her, it was probably more valuable than what Teagan could input. So, she had busied herself with labor-intensive exercises to distract her worries for Indi. Mock sword fighting, cleaning out the falcon’s cage, tending to the horses; they had all done the job, and, when she had returned home, she was knocked out before her head even hit the pillow good enough.

In her dead-tired state, her dreams had been nothing more than the typical inky black void. Something—a sound, a pair of eyes—stirred her from her unconsciousness. In her half-asleep-half-awake state, her ears twitched as they received the faintest of sounds from the outside world. Her eyes had blearily begun to open when her brain received a sudden rush of information. A shriek pierced her ears and suddenly Teagan found herself tackled by a large, foreign force.

Her senses hit her with the force of a raging bull. Her canary eyes shot open and her lips curled as she let out a snarling yelp in her surprise. Teagan flailed under the weight and the blankets that trapped her from moving as freely as she would have liked. She was met with a world of soft copper hues and the smell of… “Indi?” She breathed incredulously, her initial aggression dying instantly. She managed to free her arms and gently pushed her sibling off of her towards the empty part of the bed. Teagan pushed off the covers and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. The world was unbelievably bright compared to her usual wake up time. “Uugggh, what times is it? And why’d you have to scare me li—Fenris! Indi!” Her words came to an abrupt stop as her eyes finally alighted onto her sister. “You shifted!” She squealed.

She shifted so that she sat on her legs, her clawed hands reaching out to touch her sister’s bright-colored hair. Her excitement for her sister’s milestone was written clearly on her face, particularly it the wide grin that spread along her lips. In a rush of emotion, Teagan gathered her sister in an impromptu hug before holding herself away from the koi-colored sister. “I’m so happy for you! When did it happen? How did it feel?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:03 pm

Wup wup! [408]

Indi let out a delighted laugh as Tea yelped and began to flail around beneath the blankets. She didn’t resist when Tea pushed her away, letting herself flop aside onto the empty half of the bed and gaze at her sister with bright eyes.

You could practically see Indi’s chest puff up in pride as she preened while Tea ran her fingers through Indi’s newly grown hair. Indi had been wondering what colour it would turn out, and found herself somewhat glad that it had taken its colour from her patches. The colour was bright and warm, almost glowing faintly in the light streaming in through the window.

Indi was dead still as Tea looked her over, but it was the stillness of a tense spring ready to explode. She was practically quivering with excited energy, and when Tea moved for a hug she couldn’t take it anymore and darted forwards, meeting Tea’s hug with an enthusiastic embrace of her own. By Fenris, it felt good to be able to return those.

“I, uh, I don’t know.” Indi admitted sheepishly when Tea asked about her shifting, putting her new claws to work scratching the back of her head. “I was dreaming, uh, of you I think, and then I woke up like this!”

On a whim Indi sprung forwards off the bed, spinning around the room in an odd motion that looked somewhat like an uncoordinated dance. Whether from excitement or from some side-effect of the shifting, Indi had even more of a surplus of energy than she normally did. She flitted around the room, humming a cheery tune and amusing herself by picking various bits and bobs up off the shelves that had been out of her reach before. This failed to burn any of the energy off though and Indi found herself back at the bed, peering down at her sister.

“Agh, I need to do… something! I dunno!” she exclaimed, throwing her arms into the air. It suddenly occurred to her just how much larger she was in this form. Their bedroom had felt massive to Indi for most of their childhood there, but now it seemed almost stiflingly small. “Cmon, get up and lets go out,” she pestered Tea, whining piteously and giving her best puppy-eyes.

POSTED: Mon May 16, 2016 4:00 pm

(+468)
Slight PP, hope it’s okay!

“Your hair, it’s so pretty,” Teagan breathed in quiet astonishment. It was such a vibrant, beautiful hue! She had thought her sister might have ivory-white hair, like their mother, but, her copper crown rivaled their mother’s in beauty. It wasn’t that the Lotta was jealous—after all, how weird would she look with lighter hair?—but, rather, she was appreciative of something that was pretty when she saw it. As well, the color was fitting for Indi; bright, vibrant, excitable.

They joined for a hug and Teagan laughed at the buzz of energy that radiated from her sister. When Indi offered an answer, the Stryder pulled them apart so she could look at her sibling’s face. “What?! Really?” She blinked, her eyes clearly showing her surprise. Of all the ways she’d expected Indi to shift, doing so in her sleep had not been one of them. “That must have been some dream,” she chuckled with a fake, disbelieving smile.

Indi leapt from her bed, and Teagan followed so far as perching herself on the edge of it. Between their two beds, the koi-colored sister danced about. She was fully of energy, and Teagan could only smile and shake her head, for, it was something that was typical of the littermate. It was when she wasn’t energetic that there was problem. While her sister busied herself with experimenting with the new shape of her body, Teagan ran a few fingers through her hair, freeing it of any knots that might have formed in her sleep.

Any further preening was halted as Indi came to stand before her. The words that were shouted from her maw earned her another laugh from the Lotta. Teagan had wondered when Indi’s boundless energy would need release! If her own shift had happened under such pleasant circumstances, Teagan was sure she might have behaved much of the same way though.

She rose to her feet, stretching lazily to purposely make her sister wait. “I dunno, Indi…it looks like it might rain.” The sun shone brightly through their window, and a little precipitation had never stopped the Lotta from venturing outside before. At the climax of her stretch, she peaked a canary eye at her sibling. A mischievous grin spread along her lips, and, in a flash of movement, she’d pushed Indi onto her bed.

“Race you outside!” She laughed over her shoulder as she took off for the door, knowing her head start couldn’t be wasted. Indi was fast in her Lupus form, she imagined the same could be said for her Optime. Teagan giggled and laughed as her footsteps echoed out throughout the house in her mad dash for the front door. It was like they were puppies all over again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teagan Stryder

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
New Caledonia
Oeglir
Songbird
City Watch II, Falconer I
You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics