When you wish upon a star

Indi

POSTED: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 pm

Backdated: April 1st, 10 PM (+356)
Note for me: same time as this thread.
Sorry it’s so short! I didn’t want to take it too far >___<

The mood within the pack, even their parents, had been off lately. Everyone seemed anxious or on edge. It was as strange a sight as it was a feeling, for, deep in her bones, Teagan too felt the world to be just a little bit different than it had been just a few weeks ago. She had reasoned it to be because of her sister’s recent milestone, but…that didn’t explain why the rest of the pack was acting so weird. She needed a distraction, and she knew just who could help relieve it.

Ever since her sister had been able to shift, life had been that much closer to being perfect. Teagan loved it. There was so much they could do together now; sword fighting, wrestling, reading, throwing things, playing with each other’s hair, the list went on. It was hard for her to think what life would have been like if they had lived the remainder of it on all four paws. The cream-coated sister had an idea in mind for them to do that night, when the sun fell and the moon and stars shined bright. She had waited until their parents had stepped out to finish their adult duties before she acted.

Teagan slunk out of bed with the skill of a cat stalking through the night. She peaked under the door to check for activity before pressing her straight ear against the wood to listen for any sounds. Nothing, all was still. Smiling impishly, she stole to her sister’s bedside. “Hey, wake up,” the Stryder child whispered to her sister, hands coming up to gently jostle her shoulder. “Indi!”

She ambled over to their window and did a quick check outside. The coast was clear for a night mission! “I found this awesome vantage point today! You can see for miles!” She continued to whisper despite the fact that she was sure that their parents were no longer inside the house. Her canary eyes found her koi-colored sister and her mischievous only widened, “And Mom and Dad won’t be back for a few hours.”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:43 pm

No worries ^^ [531]

As always when she didn’t have nightmares nipping at her heels, once Indi had finally been coaxed to bed she slept deeply. Now that she had finally shifted Indi’s sleep was filled with peaceful dreams; ones that actually left her feeling refreshed in the morning, which was a nice change. Tonight she and Tea were chasing a rabbit through a wide, endless forest, laughing carelessly as they went. All of a sudden, Tea’s voice began to echo oddly. And why was she telling Indi to wake up? How could they be chasing rabbits if she was asleep?

It wasn’t until Indi felt something hit her shoulder that she was roused from that fuzzy halfway station between sleep and the waking world. “Tea, whu?” she mumbled indistinctly, cracking her eyes open to glance blearily out of her blanket cocoon at her sister. A quick glance past Tea at the window showed that it was still well into the night, and Indi let out a quiet groan. “G’way, sleep.” she said, tucking her muzzle back under her tail and closing her eyes again.

Indi was awake now though, and couldn’t stop her ears from pricking up in interest when she heard Tea’s plan. When she next opened her eyes they were bright and interested. “Ooh, sounds fun~” she singsonged, yawning widely and giving her head a quick shake to clear away the last of the sleep clouding her eyes. In a smooth motion she shook off her blankets and leapt from the bed. Indi landed on four paws, and then a moment later rose up to her full height in a smooth arc that followed the progress of her shift. Ever since she had shifted Indi had been taking any opportunity to shift from one form to the next, the weird feeling of her body shifting and morphing so satisfying after she had waited so long for it.

She spread her arms wide and let out a satisfied groan, letting the last little movements of the shift fill out her body. Grabbing a thin leather strap from the side of her bed, Indi began to pull her thick hair back into a rough ponytail as she padded across the room to peer over Tea’s shoulder. Her eyes flicked around the houses looking for motion and , finding none, flicked upwards to glance at the bright red star hanging in the sky; a habit that Indi shared with many within Casa these past few days. It might have just been her imagination, but it almost looked as though it were moving tonight.

Weird lights in the sky aside, it did indeed look clear for the sisters to venture out on an adventure. Indi’s mind flickered back to her mother’s warnings about the things lurking in the night, but she cleared the thoughts with a minute shake of her head. Surely not even the night held anything that could take on the Knight-Stryder sisters!

“Well,” she said, mouth curling into a cheshire grin, bumping Tea’s shoulder, “-lead on o’ sister of mine!”

POSTED: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:52 am

(+718)
Sorry for the wait! Teagan is a bad influence xD

Her sister groggily came to behind her, mumbling incoherently in her in-between state. Teagan playfully rolled her eyes when she heard the koi-colored sibling try to dismiss her. “Come ooooooon, Indi!” She tried to coax, giggling under her breath. She abandoned the window in favor of trying to get her sister out of bed. By the time she had reached the bedside though, there was no need. Indi’s interest had been peaked, and the girl went through the motions of waking up completely.

Teagan came to stand beside her sibling, waiting for Indi to finish her routine. The longer she waited though, the more she began to feel antsy. Though it was true that their parents wouldn’t be back for a little while, that didn’t mean they would keep to that schedule. The longer the two spent in the room, the less time they’d have to be rebellious with their bedtime. Time was precious if they wanted to fully enjoy what Teagan had in mind! The Stryder child crossed her arms and sighed as her sister shifted, stretched, and fixed her hair.

She moved back to the window to check the outside perimeter within view of the gateway once more. “Are you doooone yet?” She groaned irritably, though, the smirk on her lips betrayed her humor in Indi’s routine. The koi-colored girl came to stand near her, and Teagan snuck a glance in her direction. Spotting Indi’s sapphire gaze staring up at the red star, the Lotta uncrossed her arms and nodded to it. “You’ll be able to see it really good where I’m taking us,” she alluded with a toothy grin.

Indi shook her head for whatever reason before suggesting that they get going with a friendly bump of their shoulders. Teagan laughed, but gladly obliged, eager to get to the location. She moved to their closed door, carefully opening it to let an eye, then a head, peek out. The rest of the house was deathly quiet, and it was clear that their parents had not come home during the sisters’ traitorous talk of sneaking out after curfew. Opening the door wider so that her body could pass through, she motioned for Indi to follow her. She waited for Indi to close their bedroom door before performing the same actions to the front door, wanting to be sure their parents—or any other adult for that matter—didn’t see the two girls sneaking out of the family home.

When the coast was clear, Teagan stalked out into the night. Because of their lighter fur, she tried to keep their path mostly covered by dark shadows. Indi in particular would be a beacon under the red and moon-lit night sky. She wove them around the fort, halting their progress every so often when an adult was spotted or crossed their would-be path. The mission would be a failure if their parents caught wind of their daughters being out so late!

After a few long minutes of sneaking around, Teagan finally brought the pair to a stop behind an abandoned, one-story house on the edge of the fort. She guided them around the back of the residence where a few crates had been stacked, a tantalizing option for any youngster that liked to climb. Teagan turned to her sister. “You first,” Teagan said, nodding for Indi to climb up onto the roof using the crates. “That way, I can catch you if you fall.” There was no doubt that the koi-colored sister was the lighter of the two, so, if anyone was going to be falling, it’d be better if it was Indi onto Teagan than the other way around. To squander any argument from the Knight, Teagan added, “I’ve climbed up there a couple of times.” In other words, she wouldn’t be falling down or losing her balance.

“Once you get up, don’t hang around the edge, or else you might fall off!” She advised from experience. It had been a nice shock of reality. Even though the fall hadn’t hurt too bad, it had given enough of a jolt for the wolfdog to be wary of a repeat offense. “I’ll be right behind you.”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Sorry for the wait! The past few weeks have been blegh at work. [552]

Indi grinned widely at Tea’s impatient whine, fluttering her eyelashes innocently. She made a point of taking her time stretching and licking down some errant fur on her arm before she finally sauntered over to Tea. As Indi was usually the one rushing about and hurrying people, it was amusing to be on the other side of it. “Now I’m ready,” she said airily, fake-coughing to hide a snicker.

The night air was cold against the new, thinner fur of Indi’s Optime form as they slipped out into the night, though still warm enough that the chill was refreshing rather than unpleasant. The sisters stalked quietly through the fort, Tea taking them in a circuitous route that avoided the unusual brightness of the open areas. Wandering adults were avoided with the same diligence as the light was, and whether or not Indi was actually imagining the occasional ear perked in their direction, often accompanied by a small grin, the sisters made it to their destination un-molested.

“Huh.” Indi gave the piled up crates a dubious look, nudging the pile with her foot and wincing when it shifted faintly. Even so, when she turned to Tea it was with a grin, her eyes rolling at her sister’s overprotectiveness. “I’m not gonna fall,” she said confidently, ambling towards the rickety structure.

With smooth movements, Indi began to pull herself up the side of the building. By Fenris, it was so much easier to get about now that she was shifted. The youth found herself focusing on - and enjoying – shifted the sensations as her newly obtained limbs sought out hand-and-footholds, and lithe muscles hauled her up almost effortlessly. It was a world apart from scrabbling her hind legs to climb even a small ledge, and Indi found herself enjoying the climb almost as much as the thought of what was at the top.

Even so, she couldn’t quite hide a surprised squeak when the very top crate shifted under her feet. Indi’s claws shot out of their sheaths and buried themselves into the soft wood of the abandoned building. She bolted up the rest of the building in a flash, abandoning her leisurely climb to haul herself bodily up and onto the roof. Now safe, she flopped onto her back and lay there for a moment, heart pounding.

“Whoa,” Indi said quietly. Without all the buildings towering above her, she had a great view of the night sky from here. For a few seconds she enjoyed it, letting her eyes wander across the inky black canvas of the sky, resting on the brilliant pinpricks of light. Her eyes narrowed and she let out a curious hum when she caught sight of the red star again; from this angle it was definitely moving across the sky.

After a few more seconds, Indi rolled herself back onto her stomach and poked her head over the lip of the roof. “See, I didn’t fall,” she chirped. The faint waver in her voice was buried deep beneath layers of confidence and cheer, “Now cmon, get up here already slowpoke!”

POSTED: Mon May 16, 2016 1:27 pm

(+535)
It’s okay<33 I hope I gave you enough to reply to >__<

The Stryder sister smiled sheepishly when the crates shifted a bit at Indi’s nudging. Of course, the wooden objects weren’t the best things to be climbing on, but, where was the fun playing it safe all the time? If they didn’t take on challenges because of the slightest chance something would go wrong, then, when the danger finally did come, they’d be unprepared for the decisions they’d be forced to make. It was better to take risks when the chances of injury were low than being forced to do so when they were high.

Indi reassured the Lotta of her skills, and Teagan offered her a humorous grin at Indi’s rolling eyes. “Of course you aren’t,” she teased, sticking out her tongue immaturely at Indi’s back. Even if she did, the cream-coated sister would be there to break her fall. She was quiet once the koi-colored sibling began to climb up, her canary eyes shifting between Indi’s decisions in where her hands and feet were placed and shift in her weight to the stack of crates she climbed upon. When the Guarire had reached the top, Teagan had, on reflex, shot her arms out when she saw the top crate shift under the Knight’s weight.

Lithe like a cat, Indi scaled the rest of the way up and onto the roof with little hesitation. “Sorry!” Teagan called up, cupping her hands around her mouth so that the sound might be channeled to only Indi’s direction. “I forgot to mention the last one!” It’d been funny to see her sister scrambling at the end, now that she thought about it.

Her ears pricked as she heard her sister mumble in awe. With a knowing smirk, Teagan moved to follow her sister up on the roof. She had been in just as much amazement when she had first discovered the vantage point, and she was happy she could share the view with her sister. Teagan had been half way up the stack when Indi spoke again. She waved a dismissive hand, trying to stifle a laugh as she replied, “Yeah, yeah.”

It wasn’t long before the Stryder had managed to reach the top. She crawled on her hands and knees, motioning for Indi to follow her up to the top of the gable rooftop. “Come on, you can sit up here and see everything better.” Once at the top, she swung her legs out from underneath her so that she could sit comfortably on the crest of the roof. She patted the spot beside her.

Motioning with her head to the view around them, she asked, “So, what do you think? Worth sneaking out to see?” She grinned mischievously at the fact they had snuck out after curfew, but, the look faded after a moment as she took in the sights around them. Teagan leaned back on her hands, her cranium pointed towards the sky as she let out a relaxing sigh, “Nothing but the stars to keep us company up here. If you’re lucky, sometimes someone will be still up in the fort, and you can watch them wander around.”

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics