Misty mountains sing and beckon

Veri

POSTED: Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:07 am

Skana Creo
Optime | Backdated April 16 | CdC’s temporary location near the Mine of Oathes
What are thread titles xD
yNPCs: Asura and Saleos.
WORD COUNT

“Keep up, children,” the new-mother called when she felt that their attention had been swayed. Hearing her voice, the two siblings quickly scampered after Skana’s heels. Within the safety of pack lands, the Midnighter didn’t feel the need to carry them around in their sling. There were too many Luperci present for a loner or other nefarious creature to wander too close, particularly with the hustle and bustle about the knights’ temporary home. The only thing they risked was being stepped on, but, if they stayed close to her, they had little to fear.

The island-dwelling pack had arrived too late the previous day to actually help with anything. The two allied packs had spent the remainder of the evening socializing and catching up on events and other news. With the dawn of a new day though, there was work do be done, and Skana knew exactly where she could provide the most support. Her glacier gaze danced about the individuals that milled about, searching for a particular Cavalier amongst them all.

She had met the female only once before, but, their meeting had been well enough that Skana had considered the other a worthy connection to have. Veri Secanti. It had been nearly a year since their last sighting of one another. The cream-coated wolf had had a dark child with her in the time they had met. It humored Skana to think compare the memory to her current situation, toting around two of her own pups. She wondered how the two Cavaliers had fared in the year that had lapsed.

A bit of searching and asking, and Skana was eventually directed towards where the Medico had taken up station. Spying the familiar figure, Skana hailed her with a high wave in greeting, “Veri!”

“Vewi!”

“Vewi!”

Skana gave a soft chuckle and shake of her head at her children mimicking her. They danced around her feet, tails high and baby-blue eyes searching for a clue as to what the new word meant. The silver she-wolf led them towards the cream-coated female, her glacier gaze focused between the pups and the Secanti. She offered a friendly smile as she approached the Medico, her tail swaying slightly behind her. “How have you been? Are you in need of any help?”

Template by Andi || Image: Phalalcrocorax
Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:17 am

Ooc Much title, wow. XD

Things had settled just a bit now, Veri and Morty did less running around and more simply checking up on those they had already cared for. Her foot and ankle ached with each step she took but she did her best to hide the grimaces and only allowed herself to limp a small bit. Morty would be all over her hide if the grey she wolf found out the younger Medico was hiding an injury, but it wasn't severe and it wouldn't get worse so long as she was cautious in the way she moved around. All the medical supplies were kept up off the ground to make sure they'd be kept safe, and she was getting a small strip of willow bark to tear off a piece and give it to Morty for someone when a voice from a long while ago sounded off from behind her, accompanied by two other voices that sound suspiciously like children.

The cream wolfess turned on her bad foot and managed to hide her grimace with a wide smile, her hand raised to return the wave eagerly. The Medico replaced the bark, noting to get it in a bit, and stepped forward to greet the silver she wolf. "It's so good to see you Skana, I was worried after the star fell. I've been well and so has Damon." she motioned to the side where the large figure of Damon in his Lupus snored away after he'd come back from a hunt. Her nose twitched as a familiar scent came across it, and her smile was surprised and pleased as she turned back to Skana. "You joined Midnight Shores. Congrats." she didn't mention or ask about Skana's old pack and their actions, she was simply relieved to see another friendly face.

"Help? Not today so far, Morty and I got everyone that was affected by the star falling. If anything crops up I'll let you know, thank you." the gratitude of her tone was entirely sincere, accompanied by the tired smile she offered the Midnighter. Finally her attention dipped towards the two dancing pups and a radiant smile split across her face. "I assume these two are yours?" she asked the other female as she bent down on one knee to their level to greet them properly, one hand held out in the general direction of each pup if they wished to approach her and get her scent.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer Tier I The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Tue May 10, 2016 4:50 pm

Skana Creo
xDDD I figured another round before I throw Teagan in? :O
WORD COUNT

The Medico recognized her, and Skana was glad. It would have been terribly embarrassing if the Midnighter would have had to remind her of their previous meeting. If it had come to that point, they might as well have been strangers. Luck was on her side though, and their previous confrontation had appeared to have left a good mark too despite her previous allegiance. The Creo had no doubt that any opinion Veri might have had for her might have been swayed with news of Anathema’s crimes towards New Dawn.

Veri strode forth and greeted the fellow medic with a warm welcome, earning her a continued smile from Skana. At their feet, Asura and Saleos stood on either side of their mother. Their curious blue eyes staring up at Veri in wonder, but, occasionally, their attention was distracted by the snoring black giant a little ways away. His dark coat reminded them of their father and their uncle. “Same. We were lucky to be so far away from the impact; it’s good to see most of your pack made it out unscathed.” Skana replied, her eyes straying at the mention of Damon. She blinked widely as she took in the male’s figure. “Is that really Damon?! He’s grown! The last time I saw him he was almost their size!” She laughed and gestured absently to her children.

At the observation, Skana nodded. “Yes, and, thank you. Skye and Esmeralda are good leaders, and, the pack’s dynamics are better for raising a family,” she explained unnecessarily. She was thankful that Veri didn’t bring up Anathema. Still, she felt she owed the Medico some sort of explanation as to why she no longer ran with Casa di Cavalieri’s enemy. She was glad, in the end, that she had made the decision to leave Anathema. She knew not of the current state of pack, but, she did know that, if she had stayed, Asura and Saleos would have likely never been born, and, even if they had, the thought of having enemies with other packs did not sit well with the new mother.

The Cavalier declined the need for assistance, and the silver female nodded in understanding. Despite Veri’s dismissal though, Skana sensed that the two medics had been busy with work ever since the fall. “Alright. I’d be happy to help,” she offered, adding, “I imagine you two have been busy helping everyone since the star fell.” Two Luperci could only do so much for the large pack. Between tending to victims and managing their supplies on hand, Skana didn’t doubt that they had been busy.

When the conversation turned to the children, Skana grinned proudly as she looked down at her offspring. “Yes. Asura and Saleos.” She gestured to each in turn. “This is their first time off the island.” When Veri had lowered herself to their level, the girl, Asura, had edged forward first to sniff at her hand. Saleos followed a few moments later, and, before long, the two had begun to circle around the Medico with eager sniffs. Their little tails waved behind them in friendly gesture.

“Veri,” she introduced to them when they finally looked up at her. It was a simple, to the point explanation so that they would be able to archive it better.

Recognizing the word from before, they repeated in unison, “Vewi?” Skana nodded, confirming the new word to their vocabulary.

The siblings stared up at the cream-coated female before they started to romp around her, alternating between trying to lick her and play with her. “Vewi! Vewi! Vewi!” They chanted contently, excited by the new word to their small repertoire.

“They’re a handful,” Skana laughed, offering an apologetic glance to the Cavalier, “They finally started to speak coherently a few weeks ago, and they love learning new words.”

Skana Creo

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Thu May 12, 2016 1:44 am

Ooc Sounds good to me. XD The kids are so cute I just wanna cuddle them.

Upon the news that Midnight Shores hadn't been hit as hard as Casa lifted a shadow from Veri's heart; it was Jazper's home now and the younger Medico would always hold a soft sport for the retired Sun King. Her smile became softer and she dipped her muzzle toward Skana in gratitude for her concern. "We were lucky the damage or injuries wasn't worse. We're strong, we'll pick up the pieces." the reaction toward Damon from the Midnighter caused a wider smile to split her face accompanied by a soft laugh.

"Yeah, that's him alright. Trust me, it was a shock when he shifted for the first time and towered above me. He's nearly as tall as Jazper believe it or not, but I think he's stopped growing now for the most part." his ears must have sensed his name mentioned as a moment later Damon's ears flicked lazily and he opened his eyes to reveal gentle ruby orbs. He looked toward his mother before he saw the two pups at her feet and his tail twitched a few times with the desire to wag. He kept still though so he didn't startle them, simply watching. Veri winked at her son and then returned her attention to Skana.

Creams ears turned toward the Midnighter as she thanked Veri for the congratulations and gave what felt like an explanation for the change of loyalties. The Medico's head shook with a smile on her lips. [b]"Those reasons are good, and they are yours. You are well and you are happy, with a family to love. That's what matters now."
hopefully her words would assure the other female that she gave Skana no ill opinion nor judgement for things in the past. Truly, she didn't. It wasn't her place to give judgement when she didn't know anything about Skana's side of the story.

Veri nodded at the offer of help and gave a quick smile at her observation. "We have been. It's slow, but I thank Fenris I was in the Medico Office when the star fell, so I was able to save a lot of the supplies." it had been a stroke of luck for her to be in that position and allowed to salvage what the two Medico's had needed to treat their pack.

Once on her knee she waited patiently for one or both of the pups to come toward her as she listened to Skana introduce her children. The pup she'd introduced as Asura edged toward her and sniffed her hand first. Saleos was next, and before she knew it both of the pups were circling her and sniffing. Her tail wagged behind her with content as they processed her scent and her smile grew only wider as Skana gave them her name and they began to romp about her.

Her gaze lifted to the Midnighter as she mentioned they were a handful and she grinned with understanding toward Skana's apologetic glance. "I know the feeling. I became pregnant when Damon was about three or four months, Isobel was a much bigger handful that he was, although he had his moments." her hands were full of pup as they tried to play with her and lick her wherever they could reach at the same time. A friendly huff of breath from Damon's direction signaled his movement as the large wolf straightened up. He remained in place on his stomach however, aware his size might intimidate the pups if he stood on all fours.

"Moments, whaddya mean 'moments', I was the calm one growing up, she's the wild child. I don't know where she gets her attitude." he protested quietly. His tail wagged openly as he smiled at Skana. "I remember you a little bit." his voice carried a soft rumble behind it as he spoke. His attention was distracted toward the kids as they chanted his mother's name. That Damon loved pups was evident in his softened expression as he watched Asura and Saleos, but he didn't try to move toward them, instead giving them the chance to see him and approach first if they wanted.
Veri Secanti

Casa di Cavalieri
Chief Cleric
Amoris
Luperci Healer Tier I The Brotherhood: Master of Medicines Mate to Rurik

POSTED: Fri May 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Skana Creo

NPC(?): Teagan Stryder

Monstrous post is monstrous!
WORD COUNT

Skana nodded, smiling in agreement that the Cavaliers would be able to live through what they had lost. They seemed like a tightly knit group of individuals, so, even though they had been hit pretty hard, they would survive through it by relying and building up upon each other. Sometimes being broken apart allowed for something stronger to be rebuilt in its place. With the rumors about what had happened to the fort, Skana was surprised the whole pack had managed as well as they did. Even though they had lost one of their members, there could have been more had it not been for the group’s quick and fast thinking and resilient courage.

Veri confirmed the large male to be the black pup Skana had seen a year prior. It was amazing, to see how much the child she’d met had grown. Casting a quick glance at her children, it made the mother consider the thought of how her own would be in a year’s time. Her contemplation was put on hold for another time as she decided to pay attention to what the Medico was saying. Her brows rose in surprise, “Really? He’s that tall?” Even old, the ex-Cavalier was a giant among giants. He was larger than her brother, and Vepar wasn’t short by any means! To hear that the sleeping male before them was nearly the same height as the elderly Midnighter was astonishing news.

Damon must have felt his ears burning, because not moments after the two women had gossiped about him, the male opened an eye to the world of the living. He didn’t speak at first, choosing instead to simply offer a lazy tail wag at the sight of visitors. The children watched him with interest, likely mulling whether they should tag team and attack the vulnerable giant like they often did their father or their uncle when they happened to be lying around. “Well, good morning, Damon,” Skana greeted with a humorous smile.

The mothers reengaged in conversation. The silver she-wolf gave the Cavalier a grateful look. Veri was such a good Luperci, and the Creo couldn’t have been any happier that she had the privilege of having met the woman. She decided against making any further comment about the matter of her allegiance, opting instead to simply give Veri a thankful nod as their conversation moved on.

“Fate has a way of doing funny things,” Skana agreed, “That would have been rough to try and restock everything from nothing.” Good medical supplies were hard to come by, and, even worse, herbs took time and the right conditions to be functional for medicines and the like. Casa di Cavalieri would have been in a sorry state if they would have had to rely on neighboring packs for medical supplies for the months, maybe even years, it might take to replenish what they had lost. They had been lucky to have had their members where they had.

Asura and Saleos’ reactions to the cream-coated woman made the mother’s smile broaden. She was happy to see them take so well to the fellow medic, and even more so to see that Veri seemed to enjoy them as well. Skana’s onyx ears flickered at the mention of a second child. “You have another?” She inquired, interested. It was news to the Creo, who had only known Veri to have had Damon. The timeline of the second child’s pregnancy mattered little to the Midnighter.

When there was a huff and an interjection from the dark male, the children stopped their play with Veri. Their baby blue eyes zeroed in on Damon as he sat up, and from the look in their eyes, it was clear that the siblings had found their next target. Skana couldn’t hold back a laugh at Damon’s words, and, when he turned the conversation towards her, Skana waved him off dismissively. “You were really young when we last met,” she said, excusing his lack of real memory of her. He had probably not been much older than her old children currently in all honesty.

Suddenly, the pups burst into movement, yipping and play-growling as they scampered over to Damon. They swarmed the poor male, and Skana belatedly shuffled after them, her hands flailing as she tried to collect her slippery offspring. “Ah! Sorry, Damon! Their father and uncle…look a lot like you…and they…use them…as a…chewable playground!” She apologized between making grabs at her children’s flailing appendages. It became a game of catch-me-if-you-can with the siblings alternating trying to get Damon to play with them and running away from their mother.

While the silver female was distracted, a new face strode up to the medic stall. It was Teagan, one of Casa di Cavalieri’s youth. The Lotta looked awkwardly between Veri and her visitors, debating on whether or not she should perhaps return later…or not at all and simply tough it out. One of her hands held the other, and a piece of cloth stained crimson was wrapped around the meat of one of them. It stood out against her ivory fingers, and it was clear that the girl was injured. The girl’s canary gaze shifted about the group, her mismatched ears held against her dark hair as she tried to decide whether she wanted to seek medical attention or not.

Saleos was the first to notice the wolfdog’s appearance, and the boy ceased his game with his mother. He let out a puppy-bark, his tail flagged high and little body alert as he moved to investigate the newcomer. Skana managed to nab the boy by his scruff before he could get too far though. Her glacier gaze settled on the young Cavalier, and upon seeing her obviously bleeding hand, her eyes turned to the Medico. “Veri.” It was likely that the girl would rather speak to someone she knew over a stranger.

Skana Creo

Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

Dead Topics