a garden growing from a black hole in my mind

p. Kin Collins

POSTED: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Location/time/etc. are kind of vague - all up to you!
WORDS
300+
DATE
Present
FORM
Optime

She had not been down to see the Tangles since the red star hit the Earth, but even then, she didn’t think she would find anything left there. The tremors and problems had originated from that way. It was like fate was chasing them back into the mountains with their tails between their legs. If they had not moved to old Anathema when they did, who knew whether they would be alive?

Lithia found herself staring towards the South, even though she couldn’t see anything but trees for miles. In a way, she was hesitant to find out what happened to their old home. Anything forgotten or left over from their move was gone forever. Animals from that way were killed, drowned. Briefly, she wondered if the swamp witch had made it out or had she been washed up with the huge waves?

The North was better with its mountains and forests. Trees did much less damage than the waves and the ground did. Even though one crushed her childhood home, trees did much less damage than the other elements. For so long after the red star fell, the waves ravaged the shores and the ground shook at its will. Lithia wasn’t sure what to think. She was wary of the caves caving in – one section did, trapping Lelouch and Mido – along with other hazards that they seemingly couldn’t escape without facing some kind of danger.

Weeks after, though, it seemed that the ground began to calm. There hadn’t been tremors for at least a few days, which said a lot. There hadn’t been much support offered to them during the times of emergency, despite two of their own getting trapped in the caves. Lithia was tired of living in the caves. She longed to get lost in the trees and run from her problems. Sometimes she loathed going back home, back to see the faces that knew her, judged her, hated her.

OK so maybe it didn’t matter so much to her that she was hated, but it certainly didn’t make the territory any better. What they had once built now laid in ruin thanks to its neglect. Anathema’s current leadership was in shambles. Even with Kentaro and Toshiro out of the picture, Aeron had to pick up all the pieces.

It made Lithia question whether she even wanted to be a part of it anymore. All she ever wanted was to rise to greatness, and be a part of some bigger picture. It seemed as though there were no big pictures within Anathema anymore.

The Spy picked through the backwoods near Salsola without a real destination in mind. The four-legged white beast made some progress ahead of her, but Totem never strayed too far. He was a slave that she never had to beat because he was so loyal. As she ambled along, she weighed her options on each paw.

Ched Cheddles | Sirius-sdz | Table by Sammiie

Last edited by Lithia Napier on Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:58 pm

Word Count → 391 :: :)

Traveling didn't hold the same appeal it once had to Kin who often found herself outside of Sapient borders. Within pack lands, she had found her place, exploring the books of the library and conversing with the endless supply of people who seemed more than a little eager to visit the place she called home. Sapient was not all that different from other places though the canines within it made things a lot more interesting to the open eye. She, herself, was the flirt of the pack, the one charged with relieving stress in a bad situation with her bottle of brandy or her even her light toned words.

When outside of the pack, she was required to be diplomatic in all that she did, even when that meant being the spy for Sapient so that she could bring back information regarding other packs if it meant supplying something unheard of before. Those were the small things that Nivosus gave great rewards for, something that Kin, herself, found great pleasure in doing when it gave her the chance to prove herself to the leadership of her pack.

She wore her usual wear, a black cloth jacket, worn and dressed in, its inside coated with leather to provide extra protection against rain and water. Beneath that, a white blouse that was stained but still wearable, a comfortable pair of cargo pants and a top hat that had been cut so that she could fit her ears into it. While some might have deemed it an unusual wear for a canine, Kin found herself very much humanized, the same way that many of the members in Sapient were, including her adopted sister, Miwa.

She brushed forward, through the trees and thicket of branches to find a suitable place to pause for a while. She had been walking for what felt like hours, though the pack on her shoulders was growing heavy and she had had a faint dull of an ache in her side for the most part of an hour. She was so focused upon herself, she barely noticed the girl before her that she was coming upon rather quickly. Surprised by suddenly looking up, she lost words for a moment before announcing herself with a small clearing of her throat, though she was sure she'd already either been spotted or scented out.

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Ooc text here
WORDS
DATE
Present
FORM
Optime

She supposed it probably wouldn't hurt to see her horizons. After all, many were born in Anathema, but it didn't mean that they had to stay there. She's read their history books. She's known that her name and her sister's name were among many other names that no longer lived within their borders. Briefly, Lithia wondered what reign was like under the former Angela, Naniko. She wondered if it were as chaotic as it was now... or did she have a better idea of how to lead a pack of misfits?

The Napier had been in such deep thought that she had no idea that a woman was coming upon them. It had been Totem, who led them both, that paused and snarled at the newcomer, the woman walking towards them. It was Totem’s snarl that claimed Lithia’s attention though, just as the woman paused and cleared her throat. Both parties paused, not sure whether Totem was growling for a good reason or just to alert the other to not make another step. Pink eyes met brown eyes, and Lithia spoke.

To Totem, ”Silence.”

And his growling ceased at once. He lowered himself to his haunches, but still watched the woman intensely.

To the stranger, ”My apologies. He growls at everyone.” She threw a glance down at the white beast, her bodyguard without a tongue, and smirked. ”I’m Lithia,” she offered, returning her gaze to the woman with the top hat. ”Nice hat.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Word Count → 310 :: :)

The grays of her eyes hardened, impossible for it not to when she found herself face-to-face with a danger that was probably more terrible than that which she had been involved with in the past. Kin never really considered herself a danger to others but she did know at least a little when it came to fighting her own battles, whether that meant physical battles or simply bouts of the mental variety.

Looking upon both the woman before her and the secui beast who bore its teeth at Kin, only stalling when the darker toned woman said to, Kin let her steely grey eyes rest upon Lithia is idle confusion and curiosity at the same time. She did not know the relationship between the two but both were luperci which led her to believe they may have been civilized. She crossed her arms over her chest, never once portraying a sense of fear irregardless of how dangerous things could have been had she been attacked.

"I'll make a mental note," she managed in reply, letting her fingers curl at the cloth of her white blouse. She shifted in the direction of Lithia, letting her eyes dart between the two for a moment longer before she answered the woman with her own name. "I'm Kin. I didn't mean to intrude. I wasn't paying attention so came upon you by mistake." she said with a brief shrug of her shoulders. "Can't help where my feet move me sometimes. I've been traveling too long."

She moved to settle against a tree, letting her back slip from her shoulders, propped against one of the branches before she took hold of it in her hands and then moved to settle it on the ground before her. "Do you know where we are? I think I walked too far in this direction."

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:12 pm

ooc text here
WORDS
DATE
Present
FORM
Optime

The woman seemed friendly enough, and perhaps that was what Lithia had feared. She feared stumbling upon someone that wouldn’t show her hospitality or something to keep her mind away from her homeland for just a few hours at least. The woman, Kin, was kind enough – though Lithia couldn’t really tell from the brief conversation they had so far. She looked nervous, mostly; Totem’s little warning was enough to ward off any danger, which was what she kept him around for.

”You weren’t intruding, Kin,” Lithia said, inhaling the woman’s scent. ”From what it seems, I’m intruding on you. You’re from Sapient, aren’t you? I met another of your pack a few months back… Miwa?” The Oriax wasn’t usually this friendly, but in order to get the information she craved, she had to act outgoing. She remembered Miwa had something of her that she needed back… She wondered if the woman had discovered anything about the waters yet… even though it didn’t matter much now.

”I think we’re between Chignecto and the city around this way. I haven’t been paying much attention either. I haven’t walked far enough.” She was desperate to get away, to see new horizons. But that was hard when virtually every pack thought of her kind as a murderer… and she supposed it wasn’t all that much of a lie.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue May 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Word Count → 326 :: Nosy Kin

She was the type to get into another's business. It was part of the reason she'd wanted the co-rank of spy for Sapient. She enjoyed the prospect of getting to know others without any specific idea in mind but to get information. This venture, while possibly being one of those particular sorts, had not really yielded much aside from few key points like Anathema's move and that was about it.

Kin never felt too comfortable when someone recognized her pack by her scent alone or asked her a question about Sapient without her having mentioned it before. It made her suspicious by default and rubbed her the wrong way. When Miwa herself was entered into the equation, things sort of took another route considering she was among one of the only few inside Sapient who knew how much her adopted sibling wanted a certain pack taken care of, killed, discarded or just simply torn apart. There were really no words to describe that sensation, not to someone who did not understand the situation at hand.

She blinked away her suspicions for a moment to answer the other female with an honest grin tugging at her lips. "Miwa is my sister," she managed before crossing her arms over her chest, her eyes darting from the woman to the man with her. She did not know a lot of people who brought body guards with them on outings. Those that did either couldn't fight or they were of importance and needed some sort of protection. Either option meant little to Kin, though she was curious of the man's state. "Did Miwa treat you well? I know she can be a bit brash sometimes. It can come off the wrong way if you don't know her well enough."

She stepped closer, perhaps out of interest, before shifting against that tree of hers. "You sound eager to be away from somewhere. Is life at home not all it's chalked up to be?"

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 12:49 am

ooc text here
WORDS
DATE
Present
FORM
Optime

Lithia was both amused and surprised to hear that Kin had close ties to Miwa, very close ties. They were sisters. Lithia really couldn’t spot the resemblance in Kin, but it really didn’t matter. That was one tidbit she knew more than Miwa knew about her. The dappled Napier nodded her head understandingly at the fact, giving a small smile. ”Miwa was straightforward, and I respected that.”

Hearing Kin’s question, Lithia rolled her eyes dramatically. ”Ugh, yes. Unfortunately. Let’s say home life isn’t exactly providing me with the opportunities I need… I feel like I’m at a standstill with nowhere to go… figuratively, of course.”

Lithia wasn’t about to spill her guts to Kin, but she needed the woman to open up more. Miwa said little about her pack, but from what she knew about the whispers she caught from the wind, Sapient was a place of knowledge and excellence. It was something that sounded great to her, and she kind of wanted to sink her teeth into their riches. Miwa had the capabilities of testing poisoned waters, Lithia wanted to know what she’d be capable of within their walls.

”Please excuse me for stepping out of line, but I hear that Sapient is a place of knowledge… at least, that’s why I sought out Miwa in the first place. I’d love to know more about it.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 1:10 am

Word Count → 322 :: :)

Kin had never really been challenged rank wise. When Miwa and Kin had made the silent deal to sort of help one another rise through the pack's ranks, they had gone on a steady path with one another all the way to the top of their chosen tiers, minus the ranks that truly meant something that was just beyond her reach till she grew more knowledgeable about her chosen path of study. Miwa was a face she had not seen in a while, partially because she'd been busy but also because both had a friendship that wasn't really based on whether they saw one another from day to day.

She was loyal though, when it came time to defend her sister and family.

She saw the look of amusement and surprise dabbling over the Napier's face at her confirmation of relation to Miwa. The nod and small smile gave way to a tender grin from the Collins girl before she glanced up to the trees, the light ruffle of leaves giving way to a bird breaking into flight. She immediately turned her attentions back to Lithia. "Sapient always has room for moving up," Kin said with a nod of her head. "What pack are you in?" she asked curiously.

"I mean, I'd be happy to share knowledge of Sapient with you but I would like to know where your loyalties lie first and foremost. You'll have to forgive me. Can't just give information about home to anyone." She knew how the drill went. If the girl was really just out here to get information, Kin wouldn't make it any easier for her than if she'd come across someone randomly. Of course, someone was always able to lie and she wouldn't have put it past Lithia to lie about her pack, though she had hope somewhere within her that the girl wouldn't.

"It also depends on what you want to know about home."

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 1:49 am

ooc text here
WORDS
300+
DATE
Present
FORM
Optime

”Oh, forgive me,” she apologized, and continued. ”My loyalties don’t lie in the place that I live at the moment. Leadership in my home hasn’t exactly been stable… we went from having a leader who was impulsive, now to his mother who is abruptly switching everything back to the way it was… and cleaning up our child leader’s mess.” It was a start, and Lithia hoped the woman would nod in understanding, having heard about this situation before. However, she did not. The recognition hadn’t met her eyes, and Lithia sighed. ”I’m from Anathema.”

It had not occurred to her until then that she was willing to sell out her birth pack for the sake of some damn structure and stability. It was true, though. Kentaro had fucked things up royally, and even with his mother barreling in and back and trying to clean up his mess, Aeron had not provided the stability Lithia hoped for. Plus, she despised the, now, Omega and his brood. Amorette was nothing compared to her. Kentaro would regret pushing Lithia away, though. They could have ran strong together, but instead, he chose the scarred bitch, and the useless heirs he bore with her.

Greed popped into her mind then, but even he had forgotten her. It would be best if she forgotten him.

”I am willing to provide you and your leadership adequate information about Anathema for the possibility of a new home for me, my friend here, and my sister. My sister’s a bit of a scholar, so I know she’d fit in Sapient quite well; my friend, Totem, here is good with labor work, and I, well… I seem to fall into the ‘information’ category. A pack can never have enough eyes and ears to the outside, can they?”

She allowed a moment for Kin to absorb the information she just laid out on the table before she spoke again. ”I’d like to know more about the pack, it’s culture, and where I may fit into everything, if a new home is a possibility for me here.”

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 2:11 am

Word Count → 456 :: :)

Kin could never turn away someone who obviously disliked where they were. She also had to take the woman's word with a grain of salt. It was okay to ponder one's choices when it came to trying to decide where one wanted to go but she had never been the type to want to sell out Sapient, whether she was staying or going. Leadership in Sapient was different. Lithia explained the drama evolving around her home.

She knew about the leadership of the people in Vinatta. She knew about her own home but she knew very little regarding the leadership of other packs and that was something she'd always wanted to change, either by being what she was at heart, a spy, or by living up to her full potential as a diplomat.

She frowned, for the first time within their conversation, glancing toward Totem and then back to the girl, lost in silence for a few moments longer. "It's a serious crime to sell out your pack in any pack," she finally, taking a few steps closer to the girl. "Even I know that. What you're doing can be dangerous for both you and me. If Anathema's leadership knew you were giving information about them out to someone from another pack just so that you could join, there's no doubt in my mind that they would come after you. Are you willing to go that far?"

She didn't know Anathema, not really. What she did know was hearsay and it offered no consolation.

She stopped where she was, lifting a hand to brush back some hair from her face, letting her hand take hold of her hat in the same action so that she could hold it near her chest. Doing so made her seem a bit smaller than she was. "If you're willing to give us as much knowledge about Anathema, I can almost assure you that you'd have a place in Sapient. Almost. In the end, it would be leadership that finally decides but I know it'll look better on you to do so." She gave another nod.

"What you said before about Sapient is true. We are a pack of knowledge but also, branching from that, as close to humanization as you can get. Many members there, like me, dress like humans. We live like them to, minus a few essential things," she started. "You choose your ranks, there is room to grow and improve your worth, both to the pack and yourself. If you're right about you, your sister and your... friend, here," she said as she looked toward the girl's companion, "you'll fit in perfectly. Like you, I am sort of in an eyes and ears role of my home."

Kin Collins

Dread

Dead Topics