we should run like rivers

POSTED: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:27 pm

follow me tonight, I'll take you on a moonlight ride
000 "April TP: Go night hunting for worms/grubs for fishing bait." COME JOIN THE FAMILY FUN featuring over-confident Tia, sensible Lotan, and Semini, lolling because children are hilarious

I got another one! I got another one! Tiamat shouted. Semini's voice came ringing back through the bushes, ¡Buen trabajo! You two make a great team!

I'm going to show Mom, the little wolfdog whirled to face her brother. The both of them were mud-splattered, but the dark blues of Lotan's coat had vanished almost entirely under a layer of brown. Tiamat had seen how his larger paws were better at digging up the mud, and she had been quick to order him to do it while she snatched up the bugs that revealed themselves. She fancied herself better at hunting this way, since she'd already caught one or two of the flying ones, and all Lotan got so far were the fat earthworms that moved as fast as dirt. It wasn't important to her that was all she'd let him do.

Wait Tiamat, Lotan said to her, but she was quick to grab the squeaky handle in her still too-tiny teeth (it wasn't fair, all of Lo's real ones had come already and they were so big). She began to drag the pail across the riverbank, her tail waving high behind her.

Semini saw it almost as if it were in slow motion. The reeds parted, and her small daughter came bounding forward, leaping over a half submerged log and everything, the flying bugs, the grubs, and the earthworms, they all launched out of the pail and fell in a giant splat across the ground. The ones without legs writhed in a big dark mass together, and the others buzzed their thanks to their insect gods and disappeared instantly. Lotan came thundering over with his over-sized paws and gawked in disbelief.

Mom! He complained, Mom, Tia let go all of our grubs!

Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Sun May 01, 2016 8:08 pm

OOC: Sanmon! <333

"Sounds like great fun, aye a chuilein?" she asked, her perked ears relaxing again. Mal was quiet, looking at his feet, but managed a twitch of his shoulders that might have been a shrug. Ailie grinned and flicked her head around to the sounds of laughter and youthful disappointment. "Ah think so, at any rate. Ah'm gonna check et out if ye wanna come. Ye dinnae have te." She could see from the corner of her eye that he had lifted his head at this and she gave him a moment to consider his response. "I wanna come with." It was a mumble but it warmed Ailie's heart all the same.

It wasn't difficult to fine them and Malcolm hesitated when he caught sight of the lanky, disproportionate puppies and their bold, beautiful mother. "Ailie, I don't wanna meet those puppies," he whined softly, hugging the little genet in his arms now. The creature curled his long, banded tail and looked agitated. She paused, looking back at him. "Dinnae ye?" She glanced at the family again and turned to her young ward, nodding. "'Course ye dinnae have te," she assured him, patting his unruly head gently. "Ah'll go fer both of us." The look he gifted her was saturated with gratitude and relief, fleeting though it was. Ailie resisted the urge to hug him and slipped out of the forest toward them.

"Sounds a wee tragedy!" she said, sauntering up to them with a rolling gait. Her eyes found the pail and the scurrying, writhing, fluttering of bugs and grubs and worms. Ailie grinned. "Aye, but there are plenty bugs left te be caught. Can Ah help ye?"

From the safety of the budding forest, Mal watched the interaction with equal parts anxiety and jealousy.

[WC: 300]

Mandi
Luperci
ceilidh gràdh gràin

POSTED: Mon May 02, 2016 2:18 am

follow me tonight, I'll take you on a moonlight ride
000 @_@ SORRY THIS GOT BIG?? idk why

The little wolfdog knocked into her brother and bared her tiny teeth. Why don't you tell the whole pack, you grub? She glowered, and then pounced a moment later on a limping beetle. At least I'm doin' something about it!

A foreign voice had both Guppies straight on their paws. The beetle buzzed out of Tiamat's mouth and Lotan hissed at her, You did it again!

Semini turned to greet the newcomer that came down the riverbank, and though she didn't quite know the girl, her lips parted in a smile and she gave a friendly wag anyway. A tragedy for us but lucky for the bugs. She refrained from saying more, for the questions were directed to her children and they were at the point where it was best to let them speak for themselves. Not that they had ever been shy about talking before. They had finally begun truly separating their languages, which was best for their father, who only shared one and a half with them.

Though outgoing by nature, neither puppy was completely confident when it came to strangers. Only after their mother reacted convivially did either feel that they could behave as they would. Tiamat lifted her nose at the curly haired woman. It was tempting for her to ask about her fur and why it was all scrunchy, but after she'd asked Lucille if she had eyes and why Gavin walked so funny and how come Eliza had a beard and she didn't, Semini had forbidden her to bring up topics about their physical appearances directly to them.

After a moment, her sharp blue eyes glinted towards the woods like they did when she sensed movement. If Semini was certain of one thing, it was that Tiamat was always watching. Unlike her brother Lotan, who was more content to let things be. While his eyes had softened to a warm amber after herself (she was exceptionally pleased by this), Tiamat's had evolved little from their baby blue but hadn't gone the frozen arctic of their father's eyes. They seemed determined to forge their own path, like a river winding through a forest.

At the woman's offer of help, Tiamat jumped to her paws with a bark and a tail wag that dragged her whole hindquarters into it. Ok! Lotan can dig and -

I don't want to dig. I can catch them too. He stood up straight, and Semini noticed for the first time how much like his father he looked. Tiamat, on the other hand, looked little like either of her parents sometimes, mostly when she lifted her chin in such a way that it seemed nothing was above her striking gaze. It reminded her of her own mother, the Baroness of Onuba. But you're better at digging, Lo. Tiamat tossed her head with exasperation. Clearly, there wasn't enough time to go over their roles again. But Tia, you dropped all-

Enough! Semini barked. Her sound was light though with a clearly marked edge. Both children looked at their mother, Lotan with his ears folded and tail tucked, and Tiamat in a crouch, as if she were either ready to pounce or roll and show her stomach. Semini's expression softened, and she knelt to their level, her hand righting the pail. Tiamat, you should respect your brother. Lotan, it was an accident. You two are family. They both deflated a little under the word, and it appeared by the guilt on their faces that it was a word used often in their household, and likely when they weren't getting along. Show your packmate just what a great team you are, ok?

Semini looked to Ailie with an apologetic smile. Thanks for helping out.

Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Alaine     Avatar by San

San
Luperci Angler, Carpenter, Striker Tusk Stubborn Love bbleeearrrrghhhhhh
THE CURE FOR ANYTHING IS
salt water
TEARS, SWEAT OR THE SEA

POSTED: Thu May 05, 2016 11:18 am

OOC: because children are unpredictable and hilarious? <333 I love it!

Her sudden presence had a familiar effect on the youth. She saw it frequently in Mal, except he didn't relax quite so completely when she addressed strangers genially. In the moment of uncertainty before Semini greeted her, when the puppies straightened and froze, Ailie followed the beetle's bumbling freedom with a loose smile on her face until Lotan's hissed accusation drew her eyes off of the escaping beetle and onto the siblings again.

She returned Sem's greeting with a swish of her solid white tail, nodding agreement. "Aye, but Ah think we kin turn that aroun'," Ailie chirped, beaming down at the children. "Dinnae ye agree?" From the cover of the woods, Mal shifted more securely behind a tree when he thought one of the puppies had seen him, wishing he was brave enough to join them.

Despite the bickering and conflict between them, Ailie thought how very lucky they were to have one another. She dreamed, now and then, of having siblings; of being the sage older sister; of romping and playing and arguing with her brothers; of exploring and gossiping and getting into trouble with her sisters. Never would she experience the cheer and the camaraderie and the complications of shared birth and parentage. But it was no matter. She had long ago accepted this and filled that empty niche with lost souls and crippled animals and helpless youths.

Sem's sharp chastisement made Ailie share her children's attention, though there was no evidence of submission or apology in her features like there were in Lotan's folded ears and tucked tail or Tiamat's rounded crouch. Ailie crossed her arms over her chest and nodded approvingly at their mother's wisdom. She shared a bright-eyed look with Semini. "Ah dinnae mind diggin'," she offered with a wag of her tail. "What say Ah dig an' yese work tegither te catch other bugs?"

[WC: 321]

Mandi
Luperci
ceilidh gràdh gràin

Dead Topics