For I will be home then

Briar Patch | AW+ | Attn: Cormier family!

POSTED: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:22 pm

OOC: Backdated to April 14th. Come welcome Tybalt back (oh, yeah, and also meet these two weirdos he dragged in) :D I'm going to post with Milos quick so I can give Ty some action and then it's open for everyone! <3

Even though he was a member of the pack, and had announced their arrival before they crossed the border, it still felt odd to be walking so freely on claimed land. She held her trident loosely in one hand but made Malcolm walk alongside her, prepared to keep him safe in the event something happened. In a grumbling baritone, Tybalt had assured them that they would be fine. "Jus' stay close," he reminded them, giving them a final sweeping look before leading them into the territory.

Raosar was motionless in the folds of cloth that held her against Ailie's chest, crimson eyes taking in the passing forest while the woman followed the dark Krokaran. The familiar aromas of freshwater and fish snaked into her nostrils and curled her lips. She sucked in the earthy, reedy, aquatic scents and let them out through her mouth in a refreshed sough. "Dinnae ye smell that, Mal?" she chirped, glancing at the plump child walking at her side. He nodded. "Yeah," he said in a voice barely above a whisper. "It smells like a lake."

They both knew that it would, thanks to the generous details Tybalt was willing to share with them about his pack and his family, but to actually smell it with their own noses made the reality of their journey's end real, tangible. This was the scent of a new adventure, a bright future. It was the scent of home.

It didn't take long before someone arrived, presumably in response to Tybalt's doggish howl, and Ailie took him in with top-to-bottom sweep of her sunflower eyes. He looked remarkably like Ty, his fur perhaps darker (if that was even possible) and his eyes considerably brighter, and even Malcolm glanced between them before looking a this feet again. Draped around his shoulders, Fiero the genet joined Ailie in watching the ensuing exchange with moderate curiosity.

[WC: 320]

Mandi
Luperci
ceilidh gràdh gràin

POSTED: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:10 pm

OOC: I hope this is okay! Myst, if you see this, let me know if anything is off about Ty <3

He had been trying to make himself useful in Aster's Fields when he heard the cry. Next to him, Hazel buzzed and clapped her hands together excitedly. "Ty's home!" she had yapped, her tail wagging furiously. Milos turned to her, the dog's name ringing a clear bell of recognition from within the recesses of his troubled mind. He wasn't given much chance to stand and wonder. Anxious to give him something to do, the merle collie had ushered him forward with a shove from behind. "I'll get the eggs," she assured him with a final shove. "Just go greet Ty an' see him back. An' you better bring him around so I can see him, too!"

It didn't take him long to find the bi-colored Cormier and his two companions from Aster's Fields, meeting them halfway in Briar Patch. Milos had his eyes fixed on Tybalt, his massive figure growing larger and larger the nearer he came, and found it easy to see the family resemblance from the wiry pelt the dog sported, though there were what appeared to be burn scars on his face. A small grin graced his face and he glanced at the other two Luperci in his wake: a curly-coated woman and a plump child. There was a cat-like creature, its one eye sharp and fierce, around the child's shoulders and the woman was carrying a trident, but they seemed harmless. If they were with Tybalt, surely they were.

"Reckon ya must be Tybalt." He held his good hand out for the larger dog, an easy smile on his dark face. Tybalt accepted the handshake silently and Milos couldn't help but note how surprisingly gentle it was for a man of his size. "Name's Milos, Magnate'n Production. Who's it ya got here?"

Tybalt considered the Magnate with some interest -- he smelled distinctly and heavily of his sister -- but drew himself from his curiosity. "Good to meetcha, Milos." He beckoned for the other two canines to step nearer and nodded approvingly when they heeded his silent instruction. "These two are lookin' to join. This is Ailie and that'un is Malcolm." He gestured first to the curly woman and then to the pup. Ailie lifted her hand, beaming, but the child only pressed himself nearer the woman. "They've come up from Freetown with me -- or what's left of Freetown. I can vouch for them."

Milos nodded thoughtfully, looking from the pair back to Tybalt. The man had a gruff way of talking that reminded him fondly of Gus. "Reckon that's good 'nough f'r me," he replied, offering a smile. "C'mon, let's get ya home. Plenty o' folk anxious t' see ya, no doubt."

[WC: 467]

Mandi
Luperci Mate to Eliza but you'd become my candle in the dark
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Welcome to Krokar!

Congratulations! You've been accepted to Krokar! (Streamers, etc.) Now what?

If you're confused or need some help, PM the Krokar account and we'll be happy to assist!

Krokar
OOC Account
Myst & Mandi

POSTED: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:43 am

OOC: Apologies if I'm jumping the gun >_> but AAH

IC:
The howl made Eliza's head snap up as if it was attached to a string which had suddenly been pulled taut. The caribou nose which had been snuffling at her hair withdrew suddenly with a gentle snort of surprise, and the Cormier woman didn't even look to see who it had belonged to. Anyu or Noatak of any of the others – none of her beloved caribou could match up to the promise of seeing her brother again.

Grinning wildly, she ran as if she had found her legs for the first time.

Approaching Briar Patch, the dog slowed, noting the presence of four familiar figures and four familiar scents which invoked varying degrees of glee. Milos, of course, was her heart and the one she most adored, but Ailie, Malcolm and Tybalt – Tybalt, really here, really living and breathing – were all a welcome sight to the bearded woman. That beard appeared to split in two as Liz laughed. Relief, joy and love rang out as she skipped the last few yards and skidded to a halt, dishevelled and breathless.

“Ya made it!” the woman crooned, moving forward to press her forehead against her brother's neck for a moment. She stepped back again and placed her hands on her hips, grinning, but evidently assessing the state of her cherished sibling. “Still a sight fer sore eyes,” she declared. “Good ta see ya made it too, Ailie, 'n' Malcolm - I could swear ya grown since I last saw ya.” She took another quick step back to stand at her mate's side, glancing up at his molten eyes, adoring and – should he need it – reassuring. Tybalt's stature alone could sometimes be daunting.

Eliza's off-white toes tapped excitedly against the ground. “We done introductions, righ'? So we can get to the other stuff -” She looked at Tybalt again, pointing one slender finger at him. “- like how in the hell ya en't met yer nieces 'n' nephews yet?” She still wore a grin, but her tone made it clear that Tybalt wouldn't be getting very far in Krokar without meeting the newest generation of Cormiers.

[300+]

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Thu May 05, 2016 10:05 am

OOC: Haha! <3 Thank you for joining, love. Anyone is still free to jump in any time! Posting order will be relaxed c:

"Aye, probably he has!" Ailie agreed, looking down at the child. If it was possible for Mal to press himself far enough against Ailie to become part of her, it looked likely that he would do it. He flashed a shy look up at Liz when she addressed him, his floppy ears pressed nervously against his big head, before they sank to his feet again. Ailie patted his back and her sturdy warmth make him feel reassured again. Curious and unable to see for Malcolm's attempts at merging completely with his guardian, Fiero shifted across the boy's shoulders and peeked out from around the water dog's curly torso. "Good te see ye again, Eliza."

Surprise flickered across the bright-eyed man's face and Ailie watched him look curiously at Liz, an amused smile on his dark face. Clearly they hadn't had a chance to talk, but then it hadn't been all that long since she had met the wiry woman. Was it really that morning? Time had a way of escaping her sometimes. Sometimes, when she was traveling and exploring, days could feel like weeks and weeks could feel like a day. It was all relative, she supposed. And what was the point of time, anyway? Time didn't matter, not really. If it meant making a new discovery or forging a new relationship or creating a new experience, time and its passage was the least thing on her mind.

The curly-coated woman thought of this while Eliza stepped back to stand next to the smaller of the two dark-pelted males, her toes tapping with excitement on the ground and one pointing index finger aimed at Tybalt. A ridiculous grin cracked apart Ailie's maw and she flashed her golden eyes up at Ty. "Ye hivna told us ye were an uncail!" she cried, perching her speckled hands upon her hips in a good-natured show of indignation. But it quickly dawned on her, when she looked from Tybalt to Eliza and back again, that the dark Cormier was hearing this news for the first time.

[WC: 354]

Mandi
Luperci
ceilidh gràdh gràin

POSTED: Thu May 05, 2016 1:44 pm

There seemed to be an almost childlike quality to Eliza's presence, as though for the first time since the threat of Marcella and and her Austringers, and then the events of the meteor, she was able to forget all of her worries, let down her guard, and be truly and unconditionally happy. Milos watched her, skipping cheerily towards her brother, and felt his eyes grow heavy and warm. The sadness and the pain vacated his heart, if only for a time, and was filled to brimming with love and joy. He blinked the moisture away before it could spill over the rims of his eyes and smiled broadly, thinking it had been too long since he had seen her like this.

When Ailie spoke, her distinct accent rolling off her tongue, Milos looked at her sharply. Her voice was lighter, unfamiliar, and her accent different, but there was a similarity there that was difficult to ignore. His eyes softened and he watched Eliza step toward him.

Tybalt could see his sister racing across the fields, picking up her speckled figure with narrowed eyes and then a growing smile when it became obvious who it was. "Speak fer yerself," he quipped, tugging her into a quick hug before she pulled away again. Just as the bi-colored Magnate -- Milos -- smelled of his sister, Eliza smelled of him. When she took a quick step back to stand alongside him, making adoring and reassuring eyes up at him while he wrapped one arm around her waist, it was all the confirmation he needed. It was obvious they were a couple.

Milos shared her adoring look with one of his own, squeezing her gently and briefly against him when she came to stand next to him. Tybalt's smile faded and he looked from his sister to Milos and back, his eyes growing wide with surprise. "Nieces an' nephews? Liz, ya ain't..." He laughed. "Are they yer's? Git on with it, tell me all about 'em while we walk! What else have I missed?"

[WC: 344]

Mandi
the sun still rises
even through the rain

POSTED: Wed May 18, 2016 3:45 pm

OOC: Shortness! D:

IC:
Liz's heart felt light, buoyed by the joy of seeing Tybalt again after so many months – the residual pain from the events of the last few weeks hadn't been dulled completely, but the fiery haired dog was able to at least mute the sorrow she shared with her mate for a few minutes while she caught up with her brother.

In these situations, when she was overcome with excitement, Liz had a distinct tendency to forget to include everyone, or else tried so hard to include the entire group that she flitted from person to person like a small bird, never quite managing to settle on one thread of conversation. Malcolm seemed content to remain at Ailie's side and didn't add to the conversation, but Liz was eager to hear more of Ailie's adventures – once she was through with teasing Ty.

“You'll just have ta stick 'round long enough to see!” she declared, eyebrows wiggling up and down like great fuzzy caterpillars on her brow. Somehow it didn't seem appropriate to share the news of Lucille and Gus' brood with Tybalt before they had even seen him – not that that would stop Liz from making a game of the information.

“Get a meal in ya, shall we? I'm a good cook now – en't I, love?” She glanced up at Milos' face again, remembering well that he had been one of the first to sample her cooking in Krokar. If he had praised the meal out of kindness or to humour her then Liz remained blissfully unaware.

Rat
Luperci Mate to Milos as one we are everything we need
MOTORMOUTH
Don't Stop Me Now

POSTED: Fri May 20, 2016 6:54 pm

OOC: I believe Tybalt would have some burns on him, yes? From being in Freetown when the meteor happened. Dx Probably areas his fur is thinner - on/around his muzzle, on his ears? WC: 368

IC:
The call at the border was decidedly unexpected; Lucille was not sure when Tybalt would be returning; they had no specific timetable for it. They simply assumed that he would be back at some point and left it at that while he had his fill of traveling and bettering his trading skills. Lucille would admit that she wasn't too sad to see him go when he left; she and Ty never quite saw eye to eye, although sometimes she thought it was perhaps because they were alike. Her puppies noticed her startled reaction and Oscar wagged his tail at her.

"Whozzat, momma?" He asked, and she smiled at him.

"That would be your Uncle Tybalt," she told him. "I just wasn't expecting him to be back. Should we go meet him?" Norah came closer while she was speaking and her tail was wagging in excitement. She had heard many stories from Finlay about Tybalt and he had made him seem a bit larger than life, in Lucille's opinion.

"Yeah, let's go!" Norah said, already trotting towards the door of their cabin. Lucille followed with Oscar not too far behind. They were on their way to Fiskebyn when Lucille spotted the group, which was larger than she was expecting by two. Apparently Tybalt had brought some others with him and when she saw him, she paused. It was clear that he had been injured when the meteor fell. It was something she had been worried about, although there was no way of knowing how much damage the area he had been in had taken. He seemed otherwise well, though.

"Hello Tybalt," Lucille greeted him with a smile anyway and her puppies were suddenly shy, choosing to hide behind her legs and peek out, one on each side even though they were getting far too big for such antics. She hoped that Gus would arrive sometime with the other two so Tybalt could meet all of them.

"It's good to see you home. These are your niece and nephew, Norah and Oscar. Their siblings are with Gus." Then Lucille looked at the two unknown canines. "I'm Lucille, one of Krokar's Captains - leaders. Are you two looking to stay here?"

Myst
Luperci

POSTED: Sat May 21, 2016 6:38 pm

OOC: Yay Myst! And yes, he definitely would :c Those areas sound about right. Poor Ty!

Ailie was still beaming, her thick tail wagging furiously enough to whack Malcolm every time it came around to him but he didn't seem to care. He had one of his arms resting against the woman's curly hip, his pale fingers curled loosely into a limp fist. Though his head was craned downward, his olive eyes were turned up to watch the proceeding exchanges happening all around him. It only got worse when a shaggy woman began to approach them. He watched her from a distance, her wild, hairy form growing larger and larger until she was upon them, along with two puppies. Mal's heart drooped and he looked at his feet. He hadn't felt this crowded or uncomfortable in a very long time.

Ailie, on the other hand, seemed to be in her element, chattering away with Ty, Liz, and Milos while they slowly made their way across Briar Patch. They stopped again when a woman, followed by two youngsters, approached them. The curly-coated woman wrapped an arm around Mal's broad, mohawked back. "Aye, ye speak true, Capt'in," she said with an energetic nod. "Ah'm Ailie Morgan and this is Malcolm" She gave his shoulder a squeeze and the youth risked a look at the woman but felt immediately intimidated by all her hair and quickly looked away again. "He's a bit shy," she said unnecessarily. "But Ah'll work hard fer th' bowth o' us!" Ailie grinned, knocking the butt of her trident twice against the ground as though to convey her resolve.

Happily, the curly woman and her quiet ward watched the small family reunion. Ailie's heart was full and her tail refused to cease its endless cadence, her entire being buzzing with the energy around them.

[WC — 300]

Mandi
Luperci
ceilidh gràdh gràin

POSTED: Sun May 29, 2016 11:04 pm

A whoosh of breath blew forcefully from between Tybalt's ebony lips, the sound like a sudden wind through a thicket of pines. "Liz..." he groaned deeply, though the smile still quirking his lips betrayed his good humor. He leaned over and nudged her shoulder lightly with his elbow. But he was happy enough to play along with her game. It had been far too long since they'd engaged in such playful banter. He glanced at Milos, as though looking for any evidence of a hint on his flashy face, but saw only a bright expression that betrayed none of Liz's secrets. "Fine then," he rumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Let's say they're yours. Stands t' reason they're likely a bunch o' stubborn, loudmouthed, wild-haired lot like their ma." He frowned deeply in exaggerated thought then flicked his dark eyes mischievously on Liz.

Milos walked side-by-side his mate, his good arm around her trim waist. "Th' best," he agreed, glancing down at her brightly. He felt happy and lighthearted for perhaps the first time since before the string of terror and tragedies had shaken their little world. He kept pace with her, listening quietly to the siblings bicker and banter. But when Tybalt released the quip about what her children might be like, he couldn't help the soft snort from escaping his nose. He loved Eliza. He loved her obstinance and he loved her motormouth and he loved her wildness. But to love these things, he also had to recognize and accept that they existed.

He was glad to be saved from Lucille, whose shaggy figure arrived just in the nick of time. The group of them slowed and Milos beamed cheerily at the youngsters — Norah and Oscar. They hid shyly behind the Captain's legs, doing a much better job at concealment than Mal was doing behind Ailie. He watched the little reunion with a swelling heart.

"It's good t' see ya, Lucille," he said kindly. They may have had their differences but Tybalt held no ill will toward his sister-in-law. And then his dark eyes fell to the figures behind Lucille's shaggy legs. "No kiddin'," he murmured deeply, shaking his head with a smile. Actually seeing what it meant to be an uncle meant so much more than simply being told he was one. Slowly, Tybalt lowered himself to sit on the ground, holding out his arms invitingly for his niece and nephew. "Norah an' Oscar? Well, ain't ya smart-lookin' pups." He smiled warmly. I'm yer uncle Tybalt."

[WC — 438]

Mandi
the sun still rises
even through the rain

Dead Topics