Don't you remember me?

For Plague

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am

OOC - +300 words.

WHERE WORDS FAIL, MUSIC SPEAKS

It had been a while since Weaver had seen the dark D'Angelo woman. He had not forgotten about the bargain he had made with her to get his own can tah. He had been less ignorant of Khalifism than he probably came across when she was first making one of her own. His interest in the teachings had grown with the time he had been in Salsola, and perhaps she would be willing to teach him more. He would be willing to listen to her, with his own charm added in of course. He understood that she wasn't interested in him, but it was his nature, not something he could help.

The tawny man stepped forth from his home, making his way through the ruins. There was a bit of a problem when it came to actually finding Plague. Since coming here, both himself and his sister had moved out of their old home in Millstone, and found their own homes among the ruins. Who was to say that the black woman hadn't done the same. There was no harm in checking her old home though, just to make sure she hadn't moved.

The hybrid's tail moved gently behind him, paws carrying him closer and closer to the small home. His hands moved behind his back, letting his eyes scan the area. It seemed from the distance that she was not outside as she had been the last time he had been around. A soft sigh passed through the male's lips as he kept his distance. He had brought something along with him, the part of his bargain. In some of his free time, he had managed to gather a couple of books for the darker woman. It was wonderful what a smooth mouth and some entertainment could do for him. A smile moved across his face as he waited patiently, giving a small humming of a tune.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena
Luperci Signorino Mate to Syringa

POSTED: Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:53 pm

(+314)

When she lived among the mountains of the Khalif, books had been her shelter. They were part of the reason she still lived; the other part being her devotion to Tak. But now that very devotion was beginning to wane and so books were all she had left to turn to. Or, at least, they were until the floods had come.

They had left her with barely anything, for from her they'd taken her herbs, the clothes she'd come to Salsola with, and one of her favorite books. Her Can-Tah, a silver scorpion, was left a ruined, rusty color—to wear it now would be a disgrace.

Fortunately, she'd managed to salvage some things: the clothes given to her by Loki and Quicksilver, her satchel and journal, her knife, and the wooden snake's head she wore around her neck. Everything else was lost in the chaos, swept away by the water, or smudged and moldy like the book she'd picked from under her bed.

Plague's home itself was barely tolerable. She knew the wood would rot much faster now, and so carefully over the past few days she'd been scouting the Ruins for a new abode. Nothing had been found yet, her energy always drained by the time she thought she might finally find a place. With Tabby still missing, there was no one to coax her back home, and so she slept under the stars, among the pines.

The dark woman stood in the old cabin when she heard the humming. Though her ears pricked in curiosity, she narrowed her sickly greens as she recognized a familiar scent. The moldy book dropped to the ground with a dull thud as she made her way out the door, her limp noticeable now from exposure.

"Warden," greeted Plague, her voice flat and unmoved. "What brings you here?"

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci
BORN IN BLOOD

POSTED: Sun May 01, 2016 12:11 pm

OOC - +300 words.

And there she was. So she was in fact still living in her old home. Weaver was glad he decided to come here first, at least he would have been until she spoke. Her voice was just as flat, if not worse as the last time he caught sight of her. Then again, given everything that happened recently, that could have been the cause to her mood. Well then, perhaps he could help her make this a better day than it might have been in her mind, or so he hoped. He would not like a repeat of the last time he visited.

The tawny man stepped forward, the books tucked gently under his arm. He stepped closer, offering Plague a smile, "Plague. I came to see how you were doing." There was some truth to that, even if his true intention was the trade they had planned so long ago. All the members of Salsola were important, especially now after the star had crashed. Everyone's safety mattered.

The hybrid still kept some distance between the two of them, though he did inch closer. Now for the real reason as to why he was here. He held up the books to her, "I managed to get these for you. Do you remember our deal from a few months ago? I was finally able to get my hands on some nice books for you. I hope you like them." The smile he wore on his face widened as he held up the books, letting her be the one to come take them from him. It was better for him to keep his distance, at least until she invited him closer. He knew that was one of the aspects that made their last encounter not as good as it could have been.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Mon May 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Weaver is such a sweetie :P too bad Plague is a huge grumpy grump (+534)

It became clear to her as she looked upon him that he hadn’t changed at all from when they last met. Perhaps he was more learned and less intrusive, but she had no real way of knowing. Her only option was to see where this encounter went.

She was aware, however, of how she’d changed. No longer was her hair so short and neatly cropped—instead, it hung almost past her shoulders in long, raven tresses of unequal length. It was unstyled and largely unkempt, with loose strands sprouting out and away from her locks every so often. She was clothed drably, dressed in the only outfit that had survived the fall of the red star: the beige dress given to her that winter by the Bard’s daughter.

He smiled at her, spoke, and she softened her eyes, deliberately widening them to their usual size. It would do good for her to at least pretend to be grateful for his concern, even if what she truly wished to do was call him a liar. Plague told herself this was merely a show, but inside she remembered how their last meeting had went and felt a prick of remorse.

The wraith quietly watched him step closer to her, raising his arms to hold up a couple of books she’d noticed when she first came out of her former home. Initially, she didn’t think much of them, but as he spoke, she remembered their deal. A Can-Tah for a few books.

Plague was unable to be annoyed at his ulterior motives for longer than a moment, because while that bothered her, he hadn’t come to her empty-handed. He was a man of his word and she wasn’t at all displeased by this.

Truthfully, the woman finished her end of the bargain over a moon ago when she was cooped up in the dingy cabin, trying to keep it together as she recovered from her injuries. At some point, she grew tired of reading the same book over and over again, so she turned to the pile of small wood pieces she kept in her home and whittled away without ever imagining him acquiring what he promised.

When from the wood emerged a fox’s serpent-tongued head, she hid it away in the satchel she carried, so that it might stay untouched by the elements. She was pleased with the results, and now that he had come for it, she found herself a little sad to let it go.

Plague was not a swindler, though, and so with some reluctance she began to dig into her leather bag as she walked the short distance over to the Warden. “I didn’t think you would truly bring me what I asked for,” she said, her head turned down to her bag. A few moments passed before her hands pulled the carving out, dangling it in front of her by the thin cord she’d tied it to.

She looked back at him briefly before she let her gaze fall to the books he held. They certainly looked to be in good condition. “Where did you get them from?”

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci
BORN IN BLOOD

POSTED: Tue May 03, 2016 12:46 am

OOC - XD Give in to him Plague. Let him take all your grump away. +300 words.

It was such a shame that Plague was in the same state as she was the last time the two of them had met. Weaver had hoped the time away from each other would have brought a better mood to the dark woman. This was obviously not the case. Still, he was determined to bring something out of her. He wouldn't pry of course, but perhaps some of his actions relating to the true reason he had come would bring out another side of her. The only thing to do was let the events unfold and go from there.

The tawny man couldn't help but tilt his head to her statement. Why would he not keep his word to her? Sure he was a flirt and probably not the most trustworthy person because of that reason, but he wasn't going to let her down, especially when there was something in it for him. It took him a while to find something suitable for Plague, but he was pleased with his find. He could only assume she would like them.

The dark woman's green eyes fell on the books, looking them over. He offered her a smile as he thought back on the claim, "I managed to acquire them from a trader. They seemed like good ones for you, so I got them for you." His hands moved down along with the books for some more natural movement. He was pleased to see her retrieve his own final piece. He offered the books out to her, "For you Plague."

As the woman stepped closer, his eyes drew down to the craft she had prepared for him. It was just as nicely made as the one he had seen her working on the first time he had come here. Perhaps he should have gotten her something else, something more qualified as a gift rather than part of the bargain. Well, there was always a chance for that in the future.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Tue May 03, 2016 8:00 pm

yes yes lol. if only for a moment xD i got a bit carried away in this one (+568)

Despite everything so far telling her that she should, she still did not trust the Warden in the slightest. This wasn’t a feeling she harbored to intentionally disgrace him, but something she felt towards everyone. It was an indomitable constant in her life, forever causing her to distance herself from anyone she met. Even her own sister and littermate did not completely have her trust. The waif had given her the chance for a new life, and still her feelings didn’t change, no matter how ungrateful that might seem.

Maybe one day, this would change. Maybe one day, she might come to invest herself in someone else’s life. But that day was not today.

His voice was, to her surprise, oddly soothing. She could sense the charm in it, too, though that she had noticed when they’d first met each other. He was everything she was told a handsome man would be, and this gave her pause as she glanced at the hands carrying what were now her books.

On Khalif, little thought had she ever given to the mere concept of a mate, let alone her own attractions. The old priest of Tak might have been the closest she came to a lover, but in truth he was nothing close to that. He was cruel, dominating, and selfish. Everything she now loathed in anyone, regardless of gender. She knew that not once had she been considered to be anyone’s bride—too mad and beyond repair, Plague overheard once. She was not good enough even for the likes of her dark brother, Fire. There was no doubt in her mind that, had her and her siblings stayed on the mountain, Bane would have been wed to him.

Growing up, Plague told herself that she didn’t care how undesirable anyone thought her to be for she was already spoken for. Tak was her betrothed; one day he would come for her, and oh, how heartily she would laugh when that day came. There was no man on earth that would make an appropriate husband for her. No, this role in her life could only be filled by one other, and he was a God.

But Plague had found herself rid of the mountain long ago, and now she sometimes entertained the endless possibilities there were for her out in this great, big world. Only to banish such thoughts as quickly as they had come. She would be a fool to do anything else. Keeping those thoughts around would only lead to heartache, as she knew that not had everything had changed. She was just as undesirable as she’d always been.

Without a word, her hands moved forward to grasp the books the man held. Briefly and only for a mere moment, her lithe fingers brushed against his as she finalized their trade. The D’Angelo was quick to retract her hands, bringing the books with her, and leaving in his hand the cord of the Can Tah that was now officially his own.

Her stomach knotted and she pulled the books close to her chest as she kept her gaze unintentionally low. She furrowed her brows, frustrated with herself while she pondered why on earth she was reacting like this.

"I must thank you, Warden," she managed to say, her voice softer now. "...Hopefully you are satisfied with what I've crafted."

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci
BORN IN BLOOD

POSTED: Wed May 04, 2016 9:42 pm

OOC - +300 words.

The black woman moved forward, moving her hands up to take the books from Weaver. As she did, he lowered his head a bit, trying to see beneath her line of hair. There was something off about her, something Weaver couldn't put his finger on. Even when she came close, she lowered her head so that she was looking at the ground rather than him. This was not something she had done the last time they met. What would have caused this to happen? Nothing had changed with him besides the rise in the ranks. Did something happen to her that she was trying to hide? That was the only thing the male could think of.

Green eyes trailed down to the carved can tah as it was offered to him. The tawny man bowed his head down to Plague before he took it into his hands, looking over the craft carefully. His eyes trailed back down to the woman, commenting on her hope that the can tah was satisfactory. He offered her a genuine smile as he took the trinket, carefully slipping it around his neck. His fingers trailed carefully over the fox head before his attention returned to Plague, "It's better than I ever could have hoped for. Thank you for crafting it for me."

With their exchange out of the way, what more was there to do? His intentions were only to deliver the books he gathered, but with her change in mood, he felt some genuine concern over her. His hand tentatively moved down to her chin, trying to bring her gaze up to his. The tone of his voice was true, rather than the flirty way it normally was, "Are you really alright Plague?" He had enough proof now to see himself that she was not, but would she admit it?

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Thu May 05, 2016 1:56 pm

I continue to make myself sad just writing for Plague lol (+396)

She had treated him poorly the last time they’d met, and yet it seemed he bore no ill will over it. In fact, he treated her with even more kindness now, and this puzzled her. Why did he remain so? It would be easy to let hate fester, and it would be even easier to channel that hate into cruelty—so why didn’t he? He was a man, after all, it was their nature to be petty and cruel and to hurt her.

"He’s a liar," a faint voice (that she assumed was her own) in her head whispered. "Just like the rest of them; don’t be stupid."

But she already was, wasn’t she? There was nothing left of herself to lose. She saw the tawny man’s smile, and she let the image sink in and spark some sort of shame in her stomach. Plague kept her gaze low, though she nodded at his comment. At least, she had done something right for once. She remembered when she’d first taken her blade to wood, back when she was but a yearling, and remembered how her uncle—damn him—had thrown the crooked little thing into a fire. It’d been ugly and awful, not at all worthy to be called a Can-Tah, but she still remembered how proud she’d been of it.

Her eyes grew wet, abruptly coming to a stop at the feeling of Weaver’s hand upon her chin. He lifted her gaze to meet his, her visible eye widening slightly.

"Are you really alright, Plague?"

"No," she wanted to say, but she held her tongue. He wasn’t her friend, he never had been. Plague didn’t want to burden him with her irrational feelings, but her tears came spilling out anyways.

The dark woman jerked her head from his hand, again turning her gaze away. She sniffed, shifting the weight of the books to one arm as the other lifted to wipe at her face. "F-Forgive me, Warden, for my absurdity. I’m a-afraid the chaos has been rough on my spirits. You may g-go now, if you wish," she mumbled, trying to send him on his way with a white lie. If she were an honest person, she’d admit that she didn’t really want to be left alone.

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci
BORN IN BLOOD

POSTED: Fri May 06, 2016 12:11 pm

OOC - +300 words.

Weaver could clearly tell there was something more going on, but what could he do to help? For the longest time, her attention remained on the ground, and it wasn't until he made his gesture that her head began to raise. Even when it did, he could see beyond her dark locks of hair. There was still something wrong, though the dark woman was refusing to admit to it. He couldn't help but feel the concern growing in his heart. This was another of the family, and everyone in Salsola looked out for each other right? Why would there be any kind of exception here?

The tawny man's eyes remained on Plague, noticing her turn her head away from him as it was brought up. He could see the tears trailing down her cheek in between the strands of her long hair. It brought the male's ears down. He never intended for something like this to happen, or for him to be the cause of something like this. He wanted what was best for everyone in the kingdom. Of course his sister had higher priority than just a normal member, but that didn't mean he could just forget about the rest of them. Plague needed something, and he hoped to correct the mistake he had made.

Weaver moved his hand up, taking her's gently. He offered her a smile as he spoke softly, "I am truly sorry for anything that I might have caused. Will you let me make it up to you? We would have to return to my home, but I would like the chance to make up for it and make you smile." The smile remained on his face, not showing any of the flirtatious attitude he was known to have. No, everything was genuine, and he hoped she could see that.

Weaver Valentine
Salsola
The Overseer (NPC)
Salena

POSTED: Sun May 08, 2016 10:01 pm

sorry this is such a mess of a post! (+216)

It was ridiculous, she felt, the way she reacted. Plague couldn’t figure out why this was happening, or what had set her off. It was a mix of many things—from Weaver’s unadulterated kindness to the red star’s fall to Tabby’s disappearance. Everything that could possibly go wrong was doing just that. Had Bane lied to her? She had said it was good here, but with all that was happening she felt lied to.

Plague missed her old home and she missed what used to be. She knew, however, that she couldn’t change what was now reality. This was no dream; she couldn’t close her eyes and simply wake up.

The Warden took her hand in his, her head lifting in confusion. She would have ripped her hand from his had she not felt so incredibly alone. Instead, she was motionless, tears still dripping from her eyes as he spoke to her.

The woman was inclined to reject him. She still saw him as no different from any other man she’d met. He would use her, wouldn’t he? All men were the same. But she was frightened and lonely, and so she went against what her mind told her to do.

"...Okay. I-I’ll come with you."

Salsola
The Tradesman (NPC)
Marcy
Luperci
BORN IN BLOOD

Dead Topics