With ash in her eyes, she scurries in

P. Kitty and Sammiie

POSTED: Mon May 09, 2016 4:34 am

• (WC) 404
  • (Ooc) Sorry for the crappy starter. Hope there's enough to reply to. Figured meeting in the bar would be the best place for the meeting. Free drinks and seats! Edit: Fixed first paragraph for mistake.
  • (Territory) The Government Estate bar
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

The sun was high in the sky when the group of four finally arrived, a gentle breeze weaving through the fair valley of one of the many areas of the border that made it so easy to slip right on through. Traveling was the easy part. Bringing in someone she was still unsure about was somewhat harder, especially considering the number of people she was bringing had grown from two to three by the time the trio had met up with her at their preordained meeting place. Like before, she couldn't help but give the man a look over. She still wasn't used to him or Lithia in general.

She wasn't certain of their relationship but she had to somewhat agree with her for keeping him around, considering his past and the fact that he was mute. There wasn't much that could be done when one wanted to serve, especially when it was a situation where she had tried to explain that he was free.

In a manner, it was indentured servitude or simply a butler like arrangement. She wouldn't try making heads or tails of it. They'd passed the borders only a few moments before. A bit further inland, they'd come across Bartolv who'd given the girl an odd look before Kin had asked him to find Niv, to ask him to meet the two of them in the bar. Why? She hadn't answered his questions, only replied with the fact that it was important before she'd continued with her companions toward the Government Estate.

It was a large building but not much different than any other that she'd come across, though it was decidedly more clean than it normally was. She slipped through the door, holding it open for the girl and shortly after, they came upon the place of their meeting. It seemed better to have Nivosus meet them there since it wasn't often that she brought someone who bore secrets about another pack, so ready and eager to join one like this. It made things easier for the two of them.

The bar was restocked, though a few of the bottles were chipped and broken, most were only half filled with alcohol and only a few of them showed what kind of delicate poison lurked within. "Feel free to take a seat, Lithia.. I don't know when he'll arrive. Do you want a drink?" she asked, moving around the bar to grab hold of a bottle of wine, a glass picked up from the inner side of the bar itself.

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Thu May 12, 2016 3:44 am

• Characters Chosen Tier: Opus (Intelligence)
  • Character cNPC’s or yNPC’s: Totem (Wolf) ~ going to be making an NPC page soon, so I'll update you guys when there's solid info down.
  • Character Animal Companions: Gezi (Paint Stallion) & Raikr (male Crow)

(300+) Totally aware of the slave policy. He'll just be addressed as one until he gets a new title lol. [Edit: Added the joiner form that I hadn't noticed before! Sorry for the lack of links :|]

Sapient’s lands weren’t much different from the others they have seen in the past. Sure, the upkeep of the buildings was kind of intended, and Lithia thought that was kind of nice. After approaching a large house, Kin turned to them by the door. Lithia and Tzila climbed down from their horses, tapering them to a nearby fence so that they didn’t wander off. And then, with Totem, behind them, they followed Kin into the Estate.

Once inside, Totem stood by the door for a moment while the Napier sisters looked around in awe. It was so clean. It was definitely somewhere they could strive. Tzila with her books, Lithia with her information, and Totem with his servitude. They would all find a place among the Sapiens soon enough, hopefully.

The sisters and the slave sat upon the seats offered to them, and both women looked up when offered the wine, but Totem sat there with his eyes glued to the table.

”I’ll pass, thank you,” Lithia said.

”I’ll have some,” Tzila chimed in. ”Just a little, please.”

”Totem?” Lithia asked, and the white beast looked up in astonishment. She could see the panic in his eyes, the question in his soul.”Would you like some wine, Totem?” Lithia repeated, glaring at him, and the slave promptly shook his head.

The silver-tinged woman folded her arms over the table, leaning forward to scrutinize the place further. ”I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a well-kept structure before.”

Tzila watched the woman behind the counter pour her glass of wine. She was quiet for the moment, taking everything in. This was Lithia’s show, here. Lithia was going to be the one to spill Anathema’s guts on the table once Sapient’s leader arrived. Tzila was just there to watch, to give anything additional, and to reap the rewards once they learned whether they were accepted or not.

Last edited by Lithia Napier on Thu May 26, 2016 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu May 12, 2016 8:16 am

Concluding his other business first, his mind had been allocated enough time to ponder over what little Bartolv had given him about the meeting Kin arranged. Suffice to say, summoning him through one of his sons to which she knew would displease him greatly, although the fact that the meeting spot was in the Estate’s bar made it all the more tolerable. Why the Domus had brought in strangers to the pack lands and needed him to come meet them wasn’t a question he could answer from speculation alone and as he stalked his way through the halls, making a beeline towards the communal bar he knew he’d have his answers soon enough now anyway.

Pushing the door open, serpentine eyes roamed leisurely around those that had gathered within it; two females of tones of grey and a male filled the space alongside Kin. Curiosity peaked somewhat, he turned his attention over to Kin, lips lifting and forming small smile, an incline of his head in given in greeting to her and her alone. With long strides he made his way towards the bar, leaning over it and reaching blindly for the shelves, hand guided with an intimate familiarity of where the various bottles were kept, plucking one of the smaller bottles from underneath it for himself, moving then to one of the stools and seating himself upon it.

“You sent Bartolv for me, so care to explain what’s going on Kin?”

Arye by Remarin

By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Sun May 15, 2016 3:12 am

• (WC) 430
  • (Ooc) ---
  • (Territory) The Government Estate bar
  • (Form) Optime
  • (NPCs) None

Kin hadn't really had time to speak with Bartolv to give him an explanation for sending him to grab Nivosus. She could have brought the joiners to greet him in his bedroom or wherever he might have been but there was no telling if the intrusion would have been welcomed or even lifted his mood for that matter. She'd chosen the lesser of two evils, especially considering that the trio of potential joiners were meeting him for the first time. Her eyes stole quick glances between the bar and Totem, momentarily bypassing him in favor of the voice that came first in the form of Lithia and next from Tzila. Quietly, she reached for a glass and filled it partial way. Not everyone was a fan of alcohol.

Kin only felt it proper to give offer of drink in the form of wine since this was of a more serious nature than she was used to and they were her guests.

She handed over the small glass of wine to Tzila only moments after it was poured, her steely gaze occasionally bantering toward the doorway in search of the man who could offer them home and rest within the pack. Anathema was not of a trusted variety and even having a single member come through the borders, even with Kin bringing them, was a danger to the pack. She would never have done it had it not been for the offer to spill secrets about Anathema. She was a spy, a diplomat for Sapient. There was no way she'd ever pass that up.

"Our pack keeps things in relative order where we can. No one likes to lean on a dirtied bar or ruin what clothes they've secured," she managed with a half smile as Nivosus walked through the door. He came in with an air of confidence, as she always noted with pleasure. While he did not speak to the group of three or pay them much notice, she knew well enough that she would have to answer at least for the importance of sending Bartolv to invite him to the meeting. "Sagax," she started with a light tilt of her head in his direction and a half-smile, her glass brought to her lips for a small sip. "This is Lithia, Tzila and Totem."

She introduced each one in turn, looking over each of them. "The reason I brought them here and asked Bartolv to tell you we are here is because this is a peculiar situation. The group here were members of Anathema and they want to join Sapient," she started. "But they know Anathema's reputation among the other packs and they don't come here lightly.. Long story short, they want to barter Anathema secrets for entry. They have reason behind it but I'm sure it'll be better heard from them than me."

Kin Collins

Dread

POSTED: Sun May 22, 2016 10:18 am

Taking a long swig from the bottle, serpentines scanned over those gathered with lazy interest, drawn back over to Kin only when she began her explanation and gave introductions on behalf of the three individuals. He had no doubt that the Collins female had caught the subtle reprimand for sending one of his children to fetch him, even if the topic itself wasn’t clearly breached, although from her words he reluctantly admitted it was likely a practical thing, grabbing whoever was available first, rather than an intentional attempt to annoy him. Probably. He made a mental note to dig around on the matter later.

“Nivosus” he responded after nodding his head in greeting, blue eyes flicking to each of their faces in turn, still unsure what to make of them and allowing himself a moment to think things through. Certainly this was a rather unusual joiner, one he wasn’t sure quite what to make of; part of him was tempted to turn them out just for their current pack allegiance, although the promise of intel was enough to buy his time and ear, for now.

“Well, fair enough. I’m willing to hear you out; that’s all I’ll give you. If your information is more informative than locations, leadership and the things anyone with a singular brain cell could learn by simply rolling up and asking, we can work something out for pack admission” he didn’t blame them for wanting to change their allegiance given the packs reputation, although there were some points of concern he instantaneously had from the outline Kin gave them. This group was willing to sell out their current pack; much like his opinion on cheaters, once an individual did something once and got away with it, they were likely to do it again. They weren’t trustworthy and would never likely gain his personal trust, but useful with enough information to buy their way, perhaps.

Anathema’s reputation was so poor; others had felt compelled to go out of their way to spread it. Having more information on such a pack prone to folly and earning the ire of others would aid them, if only to be able to better blackmail or defend against said pack if the need arose.

“If what you have isn’t enough to overlook where you come from….” He allowed the sentence to die off, assuming everyone present understood what he was alluding to. Now he’d just have to see what they had to offer him to overlook the rather large elephant in the room.

Arye by Remarin

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Tue May 24, 2016 5:26 am

(300+) argh hope this reply isn't gonna get them in trouble >.< lol

Totem was nervous; Tzila was quiet with wandering eyes; but Lithia wasn’t nervous. She was calm and collected, only worried about Totem giving away his real status with his actions. However, that quickly changed when the leading brute burst through the door, or as she may come to know him, the Sagax. His eyes swept over her group lazily as he addressed Kin. The tone in his voice first led Lithia to believe that Kin was about to be in some sort of trouble, but as the Sagax learned of the situation, his scorn relaxed a little and he focused his attention on them.

”It’s nice to meet you, Nivosus,” Tzila was the first to speak, dipping her head to him, and then awaiting instruction.

Soon after, ”A pleasure to meet you.”

Totem remained quiet with his gaze glued to the table in front of him.

Tzila turned to her sister, wondering what she would share with the man about Anathema. Still, the idea didn’t sit comfortably with her, but to get out of their current situation, dirty deeds had to be done. If anything that was something Anathema had taught them, and she thought it sort of ironic that they’d use their lesson against them.

”Unfortunately, I’m not gifted with mind-reading (only fortune-telling), so in order to know which information you consider most valuable, I first have to ask,” Lithia began, entirely serious. ”But I do have much to share with you whether it be information on the former Angelo, current Angela, the situation involving that, the latest gossip, the territory, the caverns, the entrances, the blind spots… you name it. It all depends on what information Sapient would find most useful.”

Lithia clasped her hands on the table as she focused her bright, attentive pink gaze forward, politely avoiding the gaze of the Sagax for now.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Thu May 26, 2016 11:36 am

Repressing the urge to sigh and roll his eyes; ever the pinnacle of mature behaviour, he listened to the female’s words, evidently the leader of their small band of traitors – for that was what they were, given how their future depended on how badly they could sell out old loyalties. Taking another drink, simply so that he had something to do and as a means to fend immature behavioural impulses away, he honestly wasn’t sure what to make of them.

Given that it was their future on the line, not his, her words came across as flippant, despite the serious tone she addressed him in. Not something anyone seeking to join a pack under normal circumstances would be advised to do, more so since by her previous affiliation she was already on negative points. Honestly, the girl could do with lessons on how to sell herself to others. Amused by the thought, he finished the last of his bottle down in a few long swallows.

“Cute. You can see how amused I am right now” putting the bottle down upon the bar, he cocked his head to the side, blue eyes narrowing a fraction in irritation. Regardless of who the individual was he didn’t not enjoy hand holding and guiding others, he expected competence from his members or at least common sense. Wise cracks about mind reading simply didn’t go down well, especially when, to him, such a skill wasn’t needed here if she’d just thought things through before speaking.

“You are the one seeking membership here, you are the ones who know what information you have to provide towards your cause; the order doesn’t matter, whether you know of its value doesn’t matter, is none of your business. All that matters is that you have enough to buy me, so I suggest you start selling your case to me” he’d assumed such a thing would be obvious and his tone of voice implied as much. Given current events he had much more pressing things to be dealing with, matters of greater concerns to brood over.

What he wanted was enough information to hurt their pack if they tried to cross them. To be able to gain an advantage if Anathemas decided to venture too far north; whilst they had no dealings with them and liked that stance, he wasn’t fool enough to ignore the gossip circulating and it was always wise to have a contingency plan. It was for this purpose alone he was hearing them out.

Art by Remarin

Kitty

I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Sun May 29, 2016 6:40 am

(600+) sorry for the absolute wall of text :| Dread also said we could skip Kin's turn until she's acknowledged.

The Sagax’s tone did not intimidate her. If anything, his personality sort of matched her own in a way, and she realized she had her work cut out for her. And that was ok. She sought to please him anyhow, and upon his tone, she thought of a different way to address the matter. In the moment as she gathered her thoughts, Lithia could feel Tzila’s eyes on her. Tzila watched her scramble, and while Lithia was gifted with hiding her inner workings, a sister knows.

”Ok, so perhaps gossip and family relationships isn’t your thing,” Lithia spoke as she tried to find something to say. She hadn’t come prepared to spill these kinds of secrets. She’d assumed the man would want to know about the incest going on in the leadership, or which Angela came back swinging fists to get her bull-headed son out of office.

Now she had to use her brain, and quickly.

“Anathema’s borders are guarded by tall wooden walls, but the walls haven’t been maintained in a long while, so they’re weak. These walls also have gaps, and don’t wrap around the entire territory. They get more spaced out towards the mountains, and more solidified towards the flat lands near the Dampwoods. A few warriors (no more than three at a time) scout the borders, so it would be easy for an observant Luperci to slip past them. The best areas to do so would be near Thackary Village, which is a little neighborhood west of the Dampwoods, or an area between Eastern Realms and the Halcyon Mountain range itself. Warriors often leave the mountainous areas to the traps.”

”Anathema uses pitfall traps more often towards the steeper paths in the mountains to ward off trespassers, so one would have to watch their step there. The traps are mostly positioned underneath very steep paths, so one wrong move would have someone tumbling into hidden spikes below.” She had paused to allow Nivosus questions, but meeting his hard gaze, she decided to continue. ”The caves themselves have six entrances, three main entrances located towards the south, three emergency entrances – two towards the north, closest to the Eastern Realms, and one hidden up the mountain itself that leads into a small room beside the common room. A Luperci can easily slip into one of the entrances closest to the Realms. The caves themselves are winding and confusing to even members. Once one ventures from the main living area, the caves break off into winding tunnels.” One would get lost in the winding tunnels, even if they lived in the caverns themselves. Lithia remembered a time when she had been younger when she got lost for what seemed like hours. ”If one wanted to infiltrate or otherwise compromise the caves, their best entrance would be the eastern-most entrance towards the Eastern Realms. That one would bring them into the Kitchen Room, which isn’t used much anymore. From there they’d have access to all of the food storage in case they wanted to taint their food and water sources.”

”Anathema has also taken on a few slaves recently. These slaves were loners living in a small group that were attacked, forced to fight, and claimed by Anathema. From what I know, the remaining three are still extremely bitter about their circumstances. If you’re looking for members to bribe for inside jobs, they’d be your guys. I’m sure they wouldn’t think twice about betraying them. There is Szenne, Ronan, and Ocke. Szenne is a blonde and cream colored female, Ocke is a dark brown male, and Ronan is a gray-colored male,” Tzila chimed in, and Lithia’s eyes rested upon her sister for a moment. Both of them looked forward at the same time.

”Do you have any questions that I may answer for you?” Lithia asked politely, expecting another snide response from the Sagax. If all that wasn’t enough to get them in, she didn’t know what the hell she’d do. She couldn’t just let him go with all that information. For free.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue May 31, 2016 7:57 am

WELCOME TO SAPIENT
We're happy to have you!

Congratulations! You have joined the ranks of Sapient, a place of cultural advancement. Knowledge is key, so please be sure to read through all of the following information to learn more about the rules and culture of the pack :D

Visit our website, and familiarize yourself with the IC laws of Sapient, as well as our culture. Whilst you are there, why not look over the pack game and thread prompts, as well as Sapient's Métiers, to help get your character involved!

Need help? Please don't hesitate to ask!! PM the pack leaders with any questions you might have!

Songbird

Dead Topics