Happily ever under, gone for days

POSTED: Wed May 18, 2016 2:03 pm

300+ ; NPC → Hwin in which raze realized that hwin and skoll are both like ~40 yo then cried

Life had slowed down for Skoll Haskel.

He griped about it sometimes -- adopted his usual demeanor around comrades and strangers alike, that of a warrior itching for a fight or disturbance -- but in the quiet moments, when he was alone (or alone with one of his very first friends) he seemed... content.

While still brash and vivacious, Skoll wasn't the same youth of past seasons. He'd experienced enough to be able to thank God for the quiet days, and when the absent clouds promised a sunny spring day, he'd saddled up his horse and headed out into the forest with her. It was rare that he rode, and he did so purely for pleasure: the companionship with Hwin and the knowledge that he didn't have to rush around. Their gait wasn't always a slow meander, however, and when the stubborn horse wanted to run, he let her run.

More than ever, they seemed to understand each other; the mare thirteen years old and the wolfdog almost five, they were at a rare intersection of their lives where their maturity was the same. They'd seen a lot, understood disaster and fear and companionship, and yet had half their lives stretched ahead of them.

The bay horse slowed when the sound of water reached their ears, and Skoll dismounted. There was a plop as some aquatic creature leaped back down into the stream, but Hwin only stepped down onto the silty floor near the bank and lowered her head to drink. Skoll, pushing his wild hair back out of his face, squatted beside her and leaned over to lap water -- then grunted and fell on his ass in the water when his back protested the movement.

He cursed, and cursed again when Hwin lifted her head and let it hover over the hybrid, dripping water onto his scarred muzzle.

TOP OF THE WORLD, BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN
THEY BUILT YOU UP AND BROKE YOU DOWN AGAIN
SO NOW YOU HOPE TO BEAT THE SURF IN

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
I can slay my own dragons, my knight in shining armor is me.
Optime [ 776 ]
xDDD -patpat- Thanks again for starting, and sorry for taking so long! Dx Are you okay with setting this in the Dampwoods? Also, feel free to PP putting Teagan on her ass xDD

Note for me: training thread

The day had been uneventful for the young Cavalier. After doing her morning chores, Teagan had spent a few good hours with her newest responsibility: falcon chicks. When Marahute wasn’t fussing over the babies, the Lotta had been handling them to get them used to Luperci touch. As well, talking to them and getting the little ones used to High Speech was something the young knight was eager to help with too. She loved all of the little birds she and her father had brought back from the island, but, there was one in particular she had a fondness for. Agrona, she had been calling it for almost two weeks now; named after a character Teagan had read in one of her many story books.

There was only so much one could do with such a small, young creature though. Not wanting to overload the little things—and needing to get some practicing in—Teagan had decided to leave the chicks alone for a little while for some personal time. Indi had wandered off somewhere, so, the cream-coated sister was left to adventure and practice alone. The princess grabbed a short sword—specifically picking out the one she’d found during the pack’s temporary relocation—from the armory and had set out towards the neighboring forests.

In all honesty, she didn’t have to go beyond the pack’s borders to train, but, the girl reasoned that it had been a while since she had gone beyond the boundaries, and she was due for another adventure. Unlike the last time she’d left the territory brandishing only a stick for defense though, Teagan had a real weapon to protect herself. The bladed weapon was perfect for her teenage body, not too large, but also not too small. It was perfect for her current size. Since its initial find, she had found it a sheath to call home, and had crudely attached it with a braided rope to a belt she’d scrounged up in the wreckage from the falling star.

Teagan had managed to travel quite a ways out into the Dampwoods without being accosted by an adult Cavalier about her intentions with the sword in her company. The girl had gone through a few self-made drills that consisted mostly of her just swinging the sword without fear of it coming out of her grasp. A few random pieces of scenery had become an impromptu victim of the blade’s edge; a vine, a low hanging piece of debris, sticks of varying size. The workout as well as the distance the Stryder had traveled left her thirsty and in search of something to refresh her both inside and outside.

The sound of running water lured her. When her canary eyes alighted onto the stream’s visitors, Teagan came to a dead stop. She softly backpedaled so that her cream-coated fur remained hidden from view. She hadn’t expected to meet anyone while she was out. She’d only met a handful of outsiders in her life, and the experiences had ranged from…well, unpleasant to something that would give Indi nightmares.

It was a horse of brown, black, and white hues. It was pretty thing, larger than Tupelo, but, smaller and slighter in build than her father and mother’s steeds. Any interest she might have had in the animal though was instantly gone as her sharp gaze alighted onto its companion. Even with his back to her and in a different form, Teagan recognized her hero’s golden pelt and scarred form. Her lips twisted in a wicked grin as a nasty idea wove its way to the forefront of her teenage brain.

Quietly as she could, she unfastened the belt from her waist and laid the accessory and sword down. Then, she crept out of the brush at the man’s back. Her eyes darted from the horse to the large male and back, hoping that her approach would go unnoticed up until the final act of her reckless plan. At one point, the horse raised its head and dribbled water over its Luperci companion, causing him to let out a string of curses. It was now or never! She had gotten close enough to pounce, and Teagan did so with a loud battle cry. Raaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Her arms were flung out, aiming to wrap themselves around the Courtier’s neck so that she could latch onto him like a monkey.

She knew it was foolish to attack a grown man in the wilds—especially with a horse nearby—but, the temptation of scaring her arrogant hero outweighed the risks.

Don't wanna depend on no one else, I’d rather rescue myself.
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 pm

(3+) Ahh, sorry for slight wait and the fact this post got a little weird time-wise (because I didn’t read your post closely enough until I’d started writing and I didn’t want to go back and erase stuff, haha) but yes. <3

Rubbing his muzzle, Skoll glanced up at the whiskered smile of his mare and reached up to scratch under her chin in all the right places. Her scent and warmth was a comfort to him even now; he’d known her since he was a child, barely able to shift, practicing his reading by reciting stories to her in the shade of an old apple tree. How he could forget her in the dark days of his life was almost unfathomable to him now, and he found himself (almost regretfully) thinking that, if nothing else, she would have the homebody Alder to care for her if something were to happen to him.

He sighed and dropped his hands back in the water, plucking up pebbles from the slightly silty floor of the stream, then stopped and twitched his ears.

Hwin’s head, dripping water—and a battle cry.

Skoll’s eye widened and he turned in time to see a dark-masked face and a cream body barreling toward him—into him, arms locked in a vice around his neck. “Ambush!” he shouted, and then stood with the girl latched onto him, muscles straining and face wild. “A traitorous ally,” he declared, reaching up to grab her wrists where they were locked near his collarbone, and he toppled (carefully, controlled) down into the water to smush her. He let his weight sink onto her, though the water was shallow enough her muzzle was up.

Hwin had whinnied and splashed away, whirling with her eyes flashing white and her tail up as she faced the assault—but the sound of Skoll’s arrogant laughter as he released the Cavalier was a loud signal that things were okay. She blinked then snorted, pawing at the ground and flashing an irritated look at her companion.

Raze
Luperci heliophagy You Tried: A Reward for Doing the Thing SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2019 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:01 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
I will not bow. I will not break. I will shut the world away.
[ 337 ]
Sorry this is so short @___@

Her lips curled in satisfaction as she was able to successfully grab onto the larger Courtier. He’d been too slow for her fast attack, and she prided herself on that small win. A single shout was the only warning she had before she found herself being lifted off her feet. Her plan had gone from “attack” to “hold on for dear life” in a matter of seconds. The man went on to play out his charade. When he moved forward and grabbed her wrists, she tried to desperately claw at his chest for purchase as she sensed what was about to happen next. “Nononono—Don’t you—!”

SPLAAAAASH!

Skoll had flipped them into the stream, his heavy weight pushing her into the loose sediment of the streambed. When he’d moved off of her, Teagan sat up quickly onto her backside, sputtering as the water shed off of her from the sudden action. Her hair dripped and clung to her face. She was soaked to the bone! She whirled around, glaring at her golden hero as he laughed.

She completely ignored the horse—who did not seem amused in the slightest at the actions of the Luperci—and opted instead to send a wave of water at Skoll with a sharp slap of her hand against the stream’s surface. “You bastard!” She snarled, trying to sound mad but failing as laughter bubbled into her voice. “You could have killed me with your fat ass!” She sent more splashes of water at him. “And I can’t be a traitor if you don’t have any friends to begin with!” She threw a few more waves, laughter occasionally slipping from her now grinning maw.

She continued her onslaught until she felt she’d proven her point with her frustrations of being bested. “What are you doing out here, Mister Hero?” She asked once she’d calmed down from her irritated excitement. Her canary gaze flicked about the area. “I don’t see a cougar lurking about.”

I will not fall. I will not fade. I will take your breath away.
Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:07 pm

(211) If that post was short then mine are... more short. :| YEAH. I just hope that I give you enough to reply to, honestly, so don't be afraid to tell me if I should add more. <3

The youth sputtered and flailed beneath him until he'd rolled away, but Skoll's supercilious smile in her direction was washed off with a splash of cold water. He growled and shook his head, matted locks smacking his cheeks and snout, and raised his arm as if to shield himself from the waves she, laughing, sent his way.

Yeah, well, shoulda thought of that before you attacked me! Skoll protested. Imagine what I would've done if I hadn't known it was you!

And that was true enough, though he didn't let this thoughts linger on the gruesome possibilities for very long. He growled playfully and wagged his tail along the bottom of the stream until she'd finished her tidal attack, at which point he sighed and slicked his hair away from his face in a characteristic gesture.

Mm, he responded. Honestly, I was just enjoying a ride. He grinned almost bashfully at the confession; it wasn't a very glamorous answer, and he couldn't even claim that he was on patrol. Oh, and this is Hwin, by the way, he said, gesturing to the bay mare, who snorted and shook her dark mane.

What about you, gosse, why are you so far from your pack?

Last edited by Skoll Haskel on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:30 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 484 ]

It was perfect<3

She let out an indignant huff in reply to Skoll’s protest. He was right by all accounts. Her childish actions might have seriously harmed her, but, nothing said she had to verbally admit such a fact. The Courtier didn’t have to know that he was right. It’d only go to his head. Not wanting to let it seem like her silence was admittance to her mistake, however, she decided to move to “insulting” instead. “Hmm,” she considered, putting a clawed digit to her chin as if in thought, “I pretty sure you would have screamed like a little boy.” Her lips curled and revealed her white teeth in a devious grin.

Skoll didn’t fight her water attack, and it helped the Cavalier relieve some of her frustration of being unceremoniously dumped into the water in the first place. He merely took it, shielding himself in a pathetic attempt to block out the liquid. In spite of his defense, the older male was as thoroughly soaked as she was, if not more so. Water dripped steadily from his golden locks as he moved them out of his face.

His reply surprised her a bit, and her canary eyes moved to the hoofed companion that had been forgotten during the entire exchange. She considered his mount, looking the older mare over before letting her gaze slip back to Skoll as he introduced the horse’s name. “Hwin,” she repeated, taking another glance at the mount before returning her attention to the male before her. “She’s pretty,” she complimented with a nod, as if confirming her statement. She considered the horse for a moment. “She compliments your ugly mug.” Slowly, the corner of a lip transitioned into a smirk.

The Courtier inquired the reason behind her venture, and Teagan let out a sharp breath. She rose to her feet and shook some of the excess water from her fur. “Who’s Gus?” She grumbled under her breath. She moved back towards where she’d ambushed Skoll from, wringing out her hair as she moved forward. “I go where I please,” she snapped, sending him a glare across her shoulder.

She shook the water from her hands and reached behind the foliage she’d initially used for cover. From it, she procured a belt and short sword which she presented proudly to the Courtier as she returned to stand before him. “I was training.” She decided to be merciful and give him an honest answer. “It’s easier to concentrate and focus on perfecting the movements when I’m not surrounded by a hundred prying eyes,” she grumbled.

Teagan withdrew the sword from its sheath, feeling the need to prove to Skoll that it was real and not a stick. “Have you ever seen a sword before?” It was an honest inquiry, though, it was asked in the tone of a condescending question.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:32 am

(355)

Skoll entertained the idea of screaming just to see her reaction, but while the wolfdogs played, there was one individual who would not appreciate any more loud, aggressive sport. Hwin watched them with traces of wariness and irritation, though she'd lowered her head to drink again, her forelock falling into her face. Returning the gaze, Teagan complimented her—and, predictably, insulted Skoll.

I'm going to develop a complex, the prince protested in a whine, pawing at his face as if upset. Though I can't argue she's a better sight than I am. He chuckled. Had her since I was a pup and we can see who's aged more in that time. It was mostly testament to the slow aging of horses, but Skoll had seen considerable strife in his life, and despite good genetics, it showed. He doubted Hwin had more than one or two old scrapes on her, while he boasted countless scars that he couldn't pretend weren't also old injuries and weak points at times.

So testy, Skoll muttered disapprovingly when she snapped at him. He wondered if it was just part of their give-and-take or if she was defensive about it; she wasn't quite a child anymore, but perhaps her parents or pack were more protective of her than that.

But the cream wolf reached into the bushes and pulled out a sword, a far cry from the stick she'd wielded against the cougar, and Skoll couldn't help but draw his brows up in surprise. He rose from the water, dripping, and approached so that he could look over the weapon. She drew it smoothly, and the metal glinted in the dappled sun, drawing a whistle of admiration from the wolfdog.

But he had to give her some hell for her question.

Oh, no, never in my entire life as a knight for the Court have I seen a sword, Skoll deadpanned, then aimed to swipe it from her, one hand lunging for the pommel. Done playing at being a knight and ready for the real thing, then? he mocked.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:34 pm

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 495 ]

Okay, so…maybe 3 posts after this one since the fight hasn’t started yet >___< Sorry! Hope that’s okay!

Teagan snorted at his whine and the show he put on as if she had truly hurt his feelings with her remark. “Sounds like a personal problem,” she sneered with a devious grin. She liked the teasing and back and forth they had. It was so easy to do, and it was an outlet for her bitterness that she normally couldn’t express. Skoll had shown that he could take it with stride and still come out as an arrogant jerk in the wake of it all. It was why the teen enjoyed their meetings, however few they had had. Of course, she’d never admit such a fact to the golden hero before her. It’d only give him fuel to tease her with.

Her gaze returned to the mare who seemed less than enthused with the two canine’s antics when Skoll brought the conversation back to her. Teagan did not move to approach the horse, not trusting the mare’s current state to not try to lash out at her or have her run off. For now, she’d simply respect and admire Hwin from afar. “You’ve stuck with him for that long?” She asked the horse before turning a playful eye at her Luperci companion. “There must be something good in him I guess…” She admired their relationship, as it reminded her much of her own mother’s and her partnership with her Gypsy Vanner. She herself could only imagine what it would be like.

The Cavalier pretended to not hear the mutter the golden hero made at her back. She didn’t want to give him any ideas that she was a princess that had to resort to sneaking off to get time outside her father’s kingdom. Her parents had never restricted her movements, though, there had been hints that they would have…preferred she stay within the pack’s boundaries. Her spirit would not be so easily tamed.

She let him look over her prize and show of maturity from her younger days. At his whistle, she even felt herself stand a bit taller with pride. He seemed to think well of her latest model, a considerable upgrade from the stick of her youth. Teagan’s lips curled into a grin at Skoll’s sarcasm, only to have it falter as she found herself relieved of her weapon by the more experienced fighter. His larger hands had easily batted her smaller ones aside over possession of the weapon.

Teagan stepped back and out of range in case the Courtier dared to strike her down with her own weapon. Skoll taunted her, and the princess’ lips curled into a smirk and her eyes narrowed confidently. She was up for his challenge. “Are you sure that’s not too heavy for you?” She answered in a patronizing, babying tone as she dropped down into a fighting stance, ready to see what Skoll might have had in store for her.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

POSTED: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:10 pm

() Don't apologize! I'm happy to continue as long as you want or need; I only brought up the age of the thread in case you might want to rush it along a bit. I like our threads so I don't mind if it has to last another ten posts, honestly. xD

On that note, this is short, but they could have a scuffle over the sword (she could make him drop it easy, prolly) which could turn into some wrestling once it's out of the picture?

Skoll frowned, caught off guard, at Teagan's musing about the "good" in him. He wiped the expression away as quickly as the girl's amber eyes could settle back on him, pushing his hair out of his face. There was no point in scaring her away with his existential, good-and-evil angst, so he merely quirked his lips in a smirk and rolled his eye at her. I dunno, she takes easy to anyone sweet-talkin' her, he said with faux modesty; there was some grain of truth in it, at least.

The blonde Haskel grinned triumphantly when he'd wrested the sword from her fingers. He pointed it toward her though she'd stepped out of range (not that he'd dare strike her) and when she mocked him again, he laughed with his usual bravado. I could swing you like a sword, ma cherie, he declared, then swung the thing back and forth with a swoosh.

It was about this time that it became clear Skoll didn't know jack shit about holding a sword.

Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:09 am

TEAGAN STRYDER
[ 424 ]

<333

Sounds good to me! Made some assumptions to help the actions/thread flow better into the wrestling portion? Let me know if I need to change anything! ^^;

She lifted a lip and let out a disbelieving snort at Skoll’s reply to her offhanded comment. “I honestly didn’t think you were capable of ‘sweet.’ Cheesy, perhaps, but, not sweet.” Her golden hero didn’t strike her as a man that was “soft” or “tender.” He was too proud, too arrogant, too much of a jerk for something that required delicacy. From their interactions with one another thus far, he’d given off the aura of someone strong, powerful, and very much of a boy. Boys—any decent one at least—just…didn’t do that sort of thing easily. Much like she couldn’t.

Skoll took up a stance, pointing the deadly end of her own weapon at her in a way that was both mocking and playful. He boasted, and she visibly rolled her eyes as he demonstrated his skill level with the blade. It had become very clear, very quickly, that seeing a sword before didn’t translate as knowing how to properly use the damn thing. “I think a club would be better suited for your talents, Mister Hero,” she deadpanned as she moved forward, snatching up a nearby branch—small enough to use, but, thick enough that it wouldn’t shatter into splinters after one hit—to be used as her “weapon” along the way. She met one of his wild swings on the flat edge of the sword. Her eyes narrowed as she stepped in close. “Or maybe a stick.” She added with a sarcastic smile. “We could play fetch!”

She pushed back to put some distance between them before moving forward again. Evading his poor swipes with the blade was easily done when her opponent wasn’t experienced with the balance and weight that it had. He was like she had been when she had first laid her hands on one. Clumsy and unfamiliar with it. It didn’t take much to swing a sword—any fool could do it—but it took experience to know how the blade would fall and strike when one moved to attack and when something pushed back.

With how Skoll flung it about, Teagan tried to find the best way to relinquish his hold on her sword. It was only a matter of time before the sharp edge obliterated her scavenged, makeshift weapon. Her canary eyes watched him, and, eventually, she found an opening. The Cavalier struck out, hard, aiming to slap the sword on the broadside and force the weapon to twist out of Skoll’s grip.

Teagan Stryder

New Caledonia
Commoner
Songbird

You shoot me down
but I won't fall
I am titanium

Dead Topics