Sweep the Yard

Basilio

POSTED: Mon May 23, 2016 5:05 pm

OOC: Alright, here it is. Don't blow me away here okay? I'm still new. Haha. Virue is in a field closest the mansion, across from his house. He's chillin' like a villain.

301 words, talk about bare minimum.

IC:

He was on a walk. A very peculiar thing for Virue; he preferred running places, but today was an exception. The day's hot, muggy air had thinned out to an evening coolness which was welcomed rather graciously. He felt the wind push against him, rippling through his short, fluffy coat. The tans and browns he proudly wore, oscillating and shining like leaves in a tree.

He stopped for a moment in the midst of the field, the dry grass calmly writhing in the slight breeze. He closed his eyes and heard it all, obviating from the useless rendition of trying to smell. His ears flicked, taking it in, the shifting of foliage, the bugs, the air. He figured everything must have a specific sound, much like the specific scents that his friend Bluethroat had explained to him. He wished to recognize them; the promise of mastering his auditory senses could improve his hunting skills significantly.

He hoped to one day, have the ability to isolate any noise he wished, to accurately hone in on prey. It wasn't his passion, hunting, but he constantly wanted to escape the ridicule he had received from his father. Virue desperately wanted to please the criticism his father had spat at him, even if he might not ever see him again; the condescending hunter was still with him, in his very reflection, haunting him in his own complexion. He may have taken after his mother, but he could still see his father's half, hidden in his facial structure.

He remained there, lingering in the brilliant sun. He thought about what he felt like doing. He considered just patrolling around, maybe he would enjoy that. It was also a good excuse to meet someone new, which was a good thing for the small coyote.
gotta gotta be down because I want it all
Loners
Hybrid
Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Wed May 25, 2016 10:40 pm

Word Count → 380 :: Sorry for the breakage. D:

The sun had been very hot on his back today. No amount of swimming had cured that and his work which required a fair bit of strength seemed to drag on for ages, especially when he found nothing in particular on the borders that morning aside from a rabbit which had become breakfast and one or two skulls that needed repainting. Something about the day had kept him in lupine form, something he hadn't thought on too much despite his size.

He hadn't been home yet, to his room or Cru's to check on her. He felt like after what had happened between Jehan and himself, she deserved a bit of time to think things over. Especially if it meant that she could still be friends with the dog after he'd only given a partial story, leaving out parts about himself.

In the evening dusk, he felt somewhat lighter. The shade that he stuck to felt godly against his fur, reminding him of what it felt like to deserve a good night's rest though he still had his chores to do before he could go to bed. He always took a round of patrols, once before breakfast, the second before heading in for the night. The rest of the day, he spent either hunting or working on different things for the mansion, either that or out in the Drifter Bay area with the horses. With his head hanging low, he barely took notice of his surroundings as he'd been taught.

The world was different than it used to be. Inside pack lands, he felt safe but he also knew that others lurked there that made it a little less each and every day. He knew that things were bad with a few particular members of the pack but the rest were generally good. He lifted his gaze, letting it flow over the field before him. In its midst, he could see the figure sitting in it, not moving very much but remaining relatively still. It surprised him a little because he never really focused on the amount of people that came into their pack on a daily basis. The one sitting in the field was someone he had never seen before but he quickly made his move, padding closer with each passing moment. "Hello," he managed as he approached from behind.

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Thu May 26, 2016 9:43 am

OOC: Breakage? I'm gonna be honest, I'm trying to figure out what you mean by that term, if you're referring to the weird wait to get this thread started: It's all good. Let's just get this thing rolling.

353 words.

IC:

A doggish ear jumped at the sound of shuffling in the grass that lay behind Virue. His muscles relaxed as he was greeted. “You know, there was a time that I would've ran when stuff came up from behind like that.” He chuckled as he turned around to see the new voice’s face. He did his thing, scanning the hybrid from top to bottom, side to side. ‘Dark gray coat, red snout and face markings, scars, a tattoo,’ Is what Virue thought as he looked. He was very small, but Virue could tell right away that it wasn't a problem for him; there was plenty of muscle, clear as day under the gray fur.

It surprised Virue to see someone who looked older than him, yet smaller than him in lupus form. Part of him thought he might suddenly feel larger, but he didn't, he still felt small. What did change, was his view on stature. Maybe size didn't matter after all, despite the vindictive comments his father had made about Virue, calling him a “runt”. Virue thought if this coyote-hybrid had made out alright, he sure could.

“But I don't run anymore, maybe I'm just getting used to my packmates sneaking up on me?” He joked, hoping this new coyote found his humour at least mildly entertaining. He stretched his hind legs back behind him, strutting forward out of habit. He yawned. “So what's your name? My name's Virue, call me Vir if you want. Although, I can't seem to start up that moniker; no one buys in.” His mother called him Vir, he called himself Vir sometimes too, but that was it. Maybe it wasn't meant to be?

He realized how much he had just talked. He was still nervous whenever he spoke, and he feared he would always be this way. But part of him didn't seem to care how ridiculous he might sound anymore. Virue was an acquired taste, almost flipping between personalities some days, desperately trying to find the one that will let him fit in.
Loners
Hybrid
Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:10 pm

Word Count → 290 :: Ignore me. I am socially awkward.

Basilio was used to the fact that there were doggish members throughout Inferni by now. With Nex bringing in a wolf that was pregnant, having a child that was half wolf and then Jehan and Clover joining for Cartier's sake, there was nothing surprising about the fact that members throughout the pack were going to have doggish features. When he approached Virue, it was with eyes that immediately searched for something to remember the other by.

He was doggish in appearance, tame and lax like one, though there were notable coyote features there as well, like his ears and a few other things he didn't care to pick out. It was harder to subject one with obvious coyote heritage to the hatred he would have felt for them at one moment in time.

His eyes flicked to the floor, snout twitching haphazardly. "We are all tricksters in a way or another. I used to belong to an freedom fighter group. We had to use stealth to our advantage. It's harder for me not to walk silently," he said with a sigh, moving to settle down on the ground as the other had only a moment before. "I am Basilio, one of the warriors," he answered in remark to the other offering their name.

"I think I'm going to just call you Virue. Not because I don't like Vir... Virue just fits in my mouth a bit better," he answered with a slight shake of his head. "How long have you been here? Not in the field, but in Inferni. I haven't seen you around here and that is harder for me to say to most pack members since quite a few are family members." he offered.

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:00 pm

OOC: Meh. That's fine :)

475 words. Almost had 500, but whatev, not a big deal...

IC:

Luckily for Virue , his features more closely resembled his mother’s. Unfortunately this also meant he looked slightly more doggish than he actually was. In reality, he was only one-quarter border collie. He hadn't ran into any problems due to his appearance, only annoyed faces -- but that may just be because he asked too many questions.

For some reason, he first found it hard to believe everyone was a trickster in some way. Then when he thought about it, he could perform feats many could not. He decided everyone may very well have a trick or two up their sleeve. Virue wondered what Basilio was capable of. “Everyone has their quirks and abilities I guess.” He said the sentence with positivity and understanding. Virue looked towards the man, who seemed to have an interesting history. “A warrior huh? Something about you almost gives it away. Nice to - uh, nice to meet you.” He searched the grass beneath him, nervously awaiting his turn to speak. In the moment, he felt out of place, like he shouldn't be there, talking to Basilio. This was something fortuitous that occurred to him; a sad, demeaning game his mind played when he doubted himself.

“That's okay, I was only called that by...” He trailed off -- he didn't want to be the pathetic kid who dawdled on about his mother. “Well, no one here anyways.” He finished, his witty-quiet, Canadian accent lending itself to his speech. The hybrid began to miss his mother -- something he did often -- and decided to change gears. “So when did you become a warrior? I was just promoted recently.” He smiled proudly, recognizing for the first time, the weight of his achievement. “I'm...a scout now.” He processed this silently, celebrating latently; he was as humble as ever.

The sprightly tan scout felt himself get fidgety. He knew he shouldn't have relaxed for so long -- it was taking it's toll in the form of hyperactivity. Suddenly he knew he wouldn't be able to remain stationary for much longer. He had been meaning to patrol for the first time that evening, but he was worried that he might miss something in his inexperience, or worse -- make an irreversible mistake. A conflict arose in Virue's forethought; be courteous, or abrupt. “I was actually going to try patrolling for the first time today. Would you like to come? I mean - I'm still interested in chatting if you want.” It was the truth, he was interested in Basilio’s story, because he knew it would be just as wondrous as the stories told by the Infernians before him. He didn't know what had came over himself, but it seemed that he had to keep himself busy or anxiety would set in. Virue hoped his invitation sounded sincere.
Loners
Hybrid
Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Word Count → 326 :: ooc normally goes here.

He had to think about it, his time of being a warrior. There was always so much that had been going on in his life. The attack at the border had been the start and beginning, after that, training with Loki and eventually doing his own thing once he'd noticed Loki's detachment and the change in his personality.

He had always been a warrior, since he was a younger member of the pack. At first, there were warrior tiers that were split between the ranks but that had since been tossed aside for a broader scale. Many of the members of Inferni chose to fight with more than one weapon since it wasn't unlike the members to run into different situations. One needed to be able to hunt for themselves, to provide for their families and protect them at the same time.

Looking the boy over, Basilio could make no split second reservations about him. He was simply another pack member and if he had been allowed entry to the pack, there was no problem with allowing him the benefit of the doubt, as he had done with Jehan, even though the boy was obviously a higher ranked canine than the outsiders that gathered within their borders.

He offered a polite nod as the youth declared something about Basilio's appearance. It was hard to judge how old he really was until he spoke, until he offered some sense of retrospect to his height but it did not bother him to know that there were others about who felt unsure about him. After all, recent events about the pack called for suspicion in some regards.

"I became a warrior right after shifting for the first time. A very long time ago. Since then, I've spent most of my time training or fighting. Until recently, I was always in the warrior ranks," he started before shifting closer to peer through the grass around them. "I'm fine with patrolling. You can lead the way."

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:13 am

OOC: Hey man! Long time, no post eh? I was so surprised. Haha. Ignore me, I'm a jerk. ;)

406 words

IC:

He simply listened, then nodded wordlessly as he began trotting in no particular direction. Virue looked back over his shoulder hesitantly, unsure of exactly how to lead, or where to go for that matter. He decided to head for his favourite part of the borders, adjusting his course slightly to travel southbound. As they went, the young hybrid decided to ask Basilio about his first shift. It interested him, since Basilio was once like Virue -- limited to only one form. “So, do you decide when you want to shift, or is it random for your first time?” He asked out of curiosity, and in hopes to entertain his company.

Luckily, his destination wasn't too far away. He slowed to a stop and took in the familiar surroundings -- this is the same place he had been when he had joined not too long ago. He imagined himself, a somehow less experienced kid, calling upon the inhabitants within.

He shook his head slightly, trying to refocus himself on the task at hand. The boy walked over to the plethora of skulls which were nestled in the dry grass. He lowered his head and nudged one back into line with the others. Touching the bone gave him chills, but he felt safe knowing that anyone who would otherwise trespass felt the same way -- chilled. It made him wonder, exactly who the enemies could be. Mottled ears raised themselves high, trying to listen for anything of interest. Upon hearing nothing, Virue turned back towards Basilio. “So, who exactly are we trying to scare off with these painted remains anyway??” He felt like in order to begin understanding Inferni, he had to fully understand Inferni’s enemies first.

Virue liked Basilio, not because he had willingly accompanied him, or because he was accomplished. But because Virue could see his good nature. It was there, plain as day -- and although Virue had a gift for reading others, it didn't take a genius to see who Basilio was.
Next, the newly-appointed Sciens wondered what kind of techniques Basilio used in combat. Virue couldn't imagine himself winning a fight if his life depended on it -- yet this tiny man seemed ready for anything. An eyebrow was quirked at the pygmy as Virue posed a seemingly random question. “Hey Basilio, how fast are you? I mean, like agility wise.” Maybe Virue could use his agility as a weapon against larger-sized individuals.
Loners
Hybrid
Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:58 pm

Word Count → 360 :: ooc normally goes here.

He had to consider the fact that some did not have the luperci virus. There were many inside Inferni who had not desired such a thing. For those few individuals, he was wary of how they participated in pack battles, in the events throughout the clan and how they interacted with him. After all, he did not want to accidentally infect one of them by accident if he could help it. Hearing the younger male ask about the first shift, though, caught him off guard.

He never really asked about one's decision to shift until he was caught with the question of how the first shift went.

His was not a good experience. Being as small as he was had led to conflict with his first shift and he had had to rely on the comfort of Loki's mother to help him more than anything else. He peered at Virue for a long moment before answering. "For some, it can be a tough experience though for others, it's the most natural thing. It happens involuntarily the first time and can be scary if you don't know it's coming. However, for those who need to be brought in, it isn't much of a trial." He let his gaze cut back to their path toward the borders and when they arrived, his paws pressed lightly against a skull before he passed right on by.

"The skulls are here to warn any who might cross our borders or mess with our clan that we aren't to be bothered with. It's a fear tactic above all else but there is no better warning than fear itself." He glanced back at his companion.

"For us, that could mean any canine that came here to pick a fight with us or to steal from us. Not all of these are from our kills. Some of them are our ancestors and others are simply skulls that have been found laying around. As for me, I'm very fast. With my size, moving is easy and I have to use my size and agility to the best of my ability in battle or another individual could easily get the upper hand."

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

POSTED: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:17 pm

OOC: *whew* no more late nights for me...if you wanna make this interesting, try to bring up God. Keep in mind Virue is a calm individual. Or you could not if you don't want to; I'm not the boss of you. Haha.

357 words

IC:

Being a true thinker, he did wonder what it might be like to experience life through the elevated sightlines of a luperci. That, and he was innately curious. Basilio’s answer only added to Virue's wonder on the subject. He remained silent in cogitation as he often did when presented with information.

Fear -- Virue believed was a powerful, yet cruel tool. One -- that he felt -- shouldn't be used against those who might not present a threat. When he arrived two lunar cycles earlier, the skulls almost made him turn back, the only reason he didn't was because he had nowhere else to go. He would've surely died if he hadn't, now that he thought about it. But when fear was harnessed and pointed in the right direction -- Virue could see how the collections of ivory that sat at their doorstep had served Inferni well. If not for the visual representation, Virue would also have trespassed on account of his lack of smell. Virue was slightly disturbed, but also felt a sense of nobility when he was told that the remains of Inferni’s past also stood on guard. He imagined when he died, that the canines he knew here would entrust his own skull with the task of keeping their home safe from those with ill intentions. He hoped at least he was liked enough for that to happen, in a still unforeseeable future.

With Virue's suspicions confirmed, he nodded. “Yeah, the big, strong guys are useless if they can't hit their target, right?” He decided to clarify his intent. “I'm only asking because - well, I'm not the best fighter.” He was nodding again in satisfaction. “Well, at least I know to cut back on distance training and start doing more agility stuff.” That's what he drew from it at least. Although he knew it wouldn't win him fights unless he knew how to play offense -- defense could only get you so far. It all could be for nothing; but he wanted to be able to protect himself, and maybe a possible family later in life.
Loners
Hybrid
Daniel
Luperci
light and match
TWO GULPS

POSTED: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:28 pm

Word Count → 350 :: ooc normally goes here.

Self doubt was the bane of his existence. It was hard not to let it run his life when he always had others remarking on his size, how small and puny he was compared to others. How little he could do for himself when he was faced with an opponent that even a larger canine couldn't hope to take on. His claws dug into the earth, his paw's pads lightly aching at the sensation of stone beneath. They did not worry him. If he injured himself, he was sure that Crucifix could help him. After all, she had spent quite a bit of time with Harosheth. She had already fixed his feet once, though sometimes, they still felt like they had glass in them from the red star's destruction.

He turned to face Virue, the wine stained color of his eyes settling on the younger male's. "If I would have had any self-doubt growing up with my size, I would have never become a warrior. If you want to fight, you do it, plain and simple. Whatever you come up with, whatever you're good at, will be what you do. If there's a better way of doing it, others will tell you. That's what this place is for. For others of our kind, our brothers and sisters, to help up better ourselves."

It was the truth, more or less, though to the point, he lightly canted his head, radar ears pivoted toward the border and its many skulls. "I was smaller than this when I first shifted. It was only with practice that I'm able to move the way I do, fight the way I fight. I can help you, if you want me to, though I have to warn you that there is always a risk of you getting infected when you fight." He let his tongue loll at the side of his cheek. "If I were you, I would ask someone to help you change for the first time. It'll open up more doors for you. Though it isn't required," he stated with a shift of his weight, pawing lightly at the ground.

Loners
Dead
Dread
Luperci
Little Pygmy Soldier
Let Me In
Killer in the making

Dead Topics